PDA

View Full Version : Niners will be the toughest test so far IMO.

Salsa80
01-16-2012, 10:20 AM
Reasons...

1. Unlike Atlanta and GB, they have a defense that can get to the QB, but they do give up quite a few yards passing( 435 last week to Brees and an average of 183 during the regular season) which will DEFINITELY work in our favor.

2. They have an established run game with Gore and Hunter, but with our improved D lately, the running game hasn't seemed to be a problem.

3.Their defense has shown they can stop the run. We need to establish the run early.

I do think we have an advantage with our receivers against their cornerbacks, and I think with Boley playing healthy and playing the best football I've ever seen him play, he will be able to limit Vernon Davis

***I don't , however, think playing on the road is that big of a factor ***

I have faith in our team. GO GIANTS!!

Joe_morris
01-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Reasons...

1. Unlike Atlanta and GB, they have a defense that can get to the QB, but they do give up quite a few yards passing( 435 last week to Brees and an average of 183 during the regular season) which will DEFINITELY work in our favor.

2. They have an established run game with Gore and Hunter, but with our improved D lately, the running game hasn't seemed to be a problem.

3.Their defense has shown they can stop the run. We need to establish the run early.

I do think we have an advantage with our receivers against their cornerbacks, and I think with Boley playing healthy and playing the best football I've ever seen him play, he will be able to limit Vernon Davis

The way these playoffs have unfolded is very fortunate for New York. Like another poster said, the pieces are falling into place.

Having to face Green Bay, who we match up well with instead of the Saints was a big one.

This time Boley and Osi are healthy, plus we have Kenny Phillips. Giants shout out the Niners run game last time although I think Gore was hurt. New York has been playing very discipled in keeping containment, and Canty and Joseph stuff the middle and collapse the pocket.

Niners have a great short passing game, which would kill us if this was Spagnuolo's team. Giants will keep the Niners recievers in front of them and there won't be ridiculous blitzes like the gambling Saints.

If the Giants continue to follow Coughlin's mantra of protecting the ball, and come out aggresive, they should win.

dan1552
01-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Reasons...

1. I saw one passable pass rusher on saturday ,,, not 4

2. Gore was smoked alot. He looked out of condition to me

3Agreed,.. WE need to use Ahmaad for finesse and Jacobs for downhill run

4. Debatable..// we have several options,,.. more than they can cover at once,,.. proven yet again last night. didnt even target Cruz last night/

All in all we have more tools on both offense and defense.. Not an easy game, but very doable

Diamondring
01-16-2012, 10:48 AM
No need to establish the run since the Giants are no longer a running team. Giants keep mixing it up.

dan1552
01-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Vernon Davis

ajd121
01-16-2012, 10:53 AM
I think outdoors our offense is just as good if not better than the Saints who the 49ers were lucky to beat, and our defense is much better, so as long as we don't turnover the ball 5 times I really think we should win this game big.