PDA

View Full Version : I Will Never Forgive Matt Dodge for What He Did

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:12 PM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Yea, lets blame Dodge for that game.. lol

SuperMario82
01-06-2011, 11:14 PM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/coolstory.gif (http://senorgif.memebase.com/2010/05/03/funny-animated-gifs-cool-story-bro/)
see more Gifs (http://senorgif.memebase.com)

Harooni
01-06-2011, 11:17 PM
trust me Dodge got a good talking to.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1548941/angry-tom-coughlin-o.gif

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Yea, lets blame Dodge for that game.. lolSay what you want. Make excuses for the guy whose only job is to kick the ball. Regardless of the circumstances, that punt LOST the game. It's no different that bringing in a relief pitcher in a tie game with the go-ahead run on 3rd. And the first pitch he throws is a wild pitch. If, but, etc. does not matter. The punt lost the game regardless of what happened in the previous 59 minutes.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
The punt lost the game regardless of what happened in the previous 59 minutes.

Sure it did. lol

prantzer
01-06-2011, 11:19 PM
only a fool would not release him . . . how could you enter next season withe Dodge as your punter . . . it would be a FU to the fans

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:26 PM
only a fool would not release him . . . how could you enter next season withe Dodge as your punter . . . it would be a FU to the fansExactly. He is a symbol of FAILURE. Every time he punts now, you can bet Joe Buck will mention "The Punt". I don't need to be reminded of the nightmare 4 or 5 times a game, at least 16 games a year.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-06-2011, 11:27 PM
lmao @ Dodge costing the giants the game.

You blow a lead that big and it's on the team, not on any one individual.

Blame Coughlin for not putting the hands team in
Blame those players for not paying attention on the kickoff
Blame the whole offense + Gilbride for not being able to move the ball even 15 yards to try and boost an evaporating lead
Blame the defense for letting Vick run all over them in 7 minutes (btw, did I mention how overrated Fewell is?)

Of course Dodge deserves some blame but had his shank been earlier in the game and the eagles won on an Eli pick six, nobody would be talking about dodge

He'll be back next year at least for training camp.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:29 PM
only a fool would not release him . . . how could you enter next season withe Dodge as your punter . . . it would be a FU to the fans

Nahh, only an FU to you personally. Keeping Dodge doesnt offend me at all.

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Dodge will be back because Coughlin will be back. Mara rewards failure by bringing back Coughlin, and Coughlin rewards failure by bringing back Gilbride, Quinn, and Dodge. Possibly Reynaud too. If I can remeber Trey Junkins as the temp long snapper who ruined a playoff win for us back in 2002, I know I will remember Dodge for a very long time, and not in a good way. He is the Javy Vazquez of NY sports now.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Dodge will be back because Coughlin will be back.

Dont think the two are related. Reese wants to keep Dodge too.

Chaosist
01-06-2011, 11:33 PM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.</P>

Will you then never forgive the 10 other guys whose job it was to tackle Jackson? Sure, the punt was bad, but what was worse was that no one was able to tackle him. And several guys had a chance, too.</P>

If not, you're being dishonest with yourself.</P>

Harooni
01-06-2011, 11:34 PM
well to be fair he did sleep with his wife also.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Dodge will be back because Coughlin will be back. Mara rewards failure by bringing back Coughlin, and Coughlin rewards failure by bringing back Gilbride, Quinn, and Dodge. Possibly Reynaud too. If I can remeber Trey Junkins as the temp long snapper who ruined a playoff win for us back in 2002, I know I will remember Dodge for a very long time, and not in a good way. He is the Javy Vazquez of NY sports now.

10-6, two games better than last year when we were expected to be a 6-10 team...yeah what a failure. Reynaud will not be back, because Hixon will be.

BTW, Coughlin's record throughout 7 years is virtually the same as the regarded Parcells. Look it up.

Trey Junkin had more of a role in the 49ers playoff loss which is why he is much more remembered. He had several bad snaps in that game, not one. Plus it was a playoff game.

Stop being such an emotional girl.

bLuereverie
01-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Matt Dodge kicked my dog...

...had he not traveled 54 yards, then I would not have been able to forgive him.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:36 PM
well to be fair he did sleep with his wife also.

Makes sense.

It amuses me when people get so personally offended by things like somehow the giants players or staff is out to get them, lol.

FishinTheSalt
01-06-2011, 11:38 PM
He can only go up from here!

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:39 PM
Will you then never forgive the 10 other guys whose job it was to tackle Jackson? Sure, the punt was bad, but what was worse was that no one was able to tackle him. And several guys had a chance, too.</P>

If not, you're being dishonest with yourself.</P>First of all, the coverage team wasn't even expecting the ball to be returned, much less another short, low kick that Deasen even had time to drop, run around to find it, and pick it up. If that ball had any hang time, the Giants would have recovered the muff and kicked a game-winning FG.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Matt Dodge kicked my dog...

Begs the question....

Did he kick it away from Vick at least?

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:40 PM
First of all, the coverage team wasn't even expecting the ball to be returned,.

Makes you wonder why they are even on the field then.

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM
Any coach stupid enough to risk losing at least 1 out of just 16 games due to a rookie blooper deserves what he gets. It's not like Dodge had a good history of success to fall back on. The very next punt in Green Bay, he kicks a low short kick and the Packers are starting near midfield.

Chaosist
01-06-2011, 11:43 PM

If not, you're being dishonest with yourself.</P>

First of all, the coverage team wasn't even expecting the ball to be returned, much less another short, low kick that Deasen even had time to drop, run around to find it, and pick it up. If that ball had any hang time, the Giants would have recovered the muff and kicked a game-winning FG.</P>

Then why are they even on the field, running towards DJ?</P>

Not that it hadn't been established previously, but this further establishes how absolutely clueless you really are.</P>

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:45 PM
Any coach stupid enough to risk losing at least 1 out of just 16 games due to a rookie blooper deserves what he gets

So now coaches shouldnt play rookies? Lol

RunTheBall
01-06-2011, 11:45 PM
First of all, the coverage team wasn't even expecting the ball to be returned,.

Makes you wonder why they are even on the field then.In case the ball slips through Dodge's wet, sweaty hands and goes to the end zone. Losing by a safety is still a loss.

slipknottin
01-06-2011, 11:46 PM
In case the ball slips through Dodge's wet, sweaty hands and goes to the end zone. Losing by a safety is still a loss.

So the cover team should just run backwards towards Dodge at the snap then?

Chaosist
01-06-2011, 11:49 PM
In case the ball slips through Dodge's wet, sweaty hands and goes to the end zone. Losing by a safety is still a loss. So the cover team should just run backwards towards Dodge at the snap then?</P>

This keeps getting better and better. I wonder if he can still see the sky way down in that hole he's dug himself.</P>

g_menfan80
01-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Dodge is going to be a great punter for us. I have no doubt about this. There are so many other reasons we lost that game it's incredible.

Chaosist
01-06-2011, 11:51 PM
Any coach stupid enough to risk losing at least 1 out of just 16 games due to a rookie blooper deserves what he gets So now coaches shouldnt play rookies? Lol</P>

And here I thought we didn't play our rookies enough...</P>

(Incidentally, I guessonly rookies make costly mistakes? Vets don't? Weren't vets rookies once? How'd the get experience to become vets if they couldn't ever see the field because they might make a mistake?)</P>

T.Rice57
01-06-2011, 11:58 PM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.

get a life

Harooni
01-07-2011, 12:08 AM
you have to let it go, he was a rookie.

BlueSanta
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
-Dodge's punt cost us the game. He should have done what was asked.

- Its the punt coverage team's fault for playing scared.

-The special Teams coach cost us the game for not having the hands team on the field for that kick return.

-The defense crumbled in the last 8 minutes they cost us the game.

-Gilbride didnt run the ball enough in the 2nd half and stopped the clock too many times.

-Jacobs dropped an easy dumpoff pass that would have resulted in a 1st down allowing us to run the clock down enough to prevent the comback.

- KP cost us the game by taking a horrible angle on the Celek touchdown.

- Manningham cost us the game by not protecting the football.

- TC is to blame because all year long everyone has warned that Dodge was a liability, and he stuck with him.
This list goes on.

You can blame dodge, but your being unfair to all the others guys who screwed up.

My point? It was a team effort.

slipknottin
01-07-2011, 12:45 AM
KP cost us the game by taking a horrible angle on the Celek touchdown.

KP didnt take a bad angle at all. He just completely screwed up, he thought the ball was overthrown and went to catch it, and Celek caught it right in front of him. By that time KP had no chance of making a tackle.

barran21
01-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Blaming one guy is stupid, the entire team is to be blamed for not being in the playoffs right now.

BlueSanta
01-07-2011, 01:06 AM
KP cost us the game by taking a horrible angle on the Celek touchdown.

KP didnt take a bad angle at all. He just completely screwed up, he thought the ball was overthrown and went to catch it, and Celek caught it right in front of him. By that time KP had no chance of making a tackle.

He took and angle to the ball and not the player, which is a horrible angle, especially for a centerfield last line of defense player. Ty for proving my point.

Either way, your trying to nitpick my point so ill rephrase.

He made a BAD play which resulted in a touchdown that enabled the comeback.

It was 1 of the many individual examples of plays I listed above where ppl screwed up enabling the comeback.

slipknottin
01-07-2011, 01:13 AM
He took and angle to the ball and not the player, which is a horrible angle, especially for a centerfield last line of defense player. Ty for proving my point.

Either way, your trying to nitpick my point so ill rephrase

No no, not trying to nitpick, i agree completely with your point and example.

Im just saying I dont think he took a bad angle. He just completely didnt see the receiver, which he did a couple times this year. He sort of just sat there and waited for the ball to come to him, if he went up for the ball he would have at least contacted celek and probably knocked it completely. He had a couple really strange plays for a guy that always seemed to play the deep ball really well.

pino
01-07-2011, 05:39 AM
Dodge was not the reason we lost to the Eagles.

With that said, Dodge is pure garbage. I'm sorry but he's got no hang time, no control, and no ice in his veins. And to make matters worse, he's scared to make a tackle. Even when he is bigger than the returner (D Jackson) he dives at the feet in a half *** attempt.

He is/was a liability and our horrible ST looked even worse when they had no time to get downfield.

GameTime
01-07-2011, 06:11 AM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform. a normal person would have dislike for someone who actually did something on purpose. Do you think Dodge actually wants to suck a as a punter?? Stop being such a whiner. He has had his share of screw ups throughout the season. But to hate him for trying his best.....shows your lack of character.

RunTheBall
01-07-2011, 06:29 AM
a normal person would have dislike for someone who actually did something on purpose. Do you think Dodge actually wants to suck a as a punter?? Stop being such a whiner. He has had his share of screw ups throughout the season. But to hate him for trying his best.....shows your lack of character.Football should be a meritocracy. Don't believe it. Jason Campbell has better stats than Eli Manning in his career, but Eli makes $100 million and never gets criticized by the media. Eli gets excused for his INTs, yet everyone attacks Bradshaw for his fumbles. FYI: Eli has just as many fumbles as as Bradshaw. If Dodge gets to keep his job next season, it will be the smoking gun that the NFL is not colorblind.</P>

This was an interesting read:</P>

Williams Out, Allen In, as Giant Punter
By BUSTER OLNEY
August 29, 2002</P>

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Aug. 28 The Giants may or may not succeed in improving their special teams play this season, but nobody can accuse them of not being original. After releasing punter Rodney Williams today and signing Matt Allen to fill the position, they now have a punter who has never appeared in a regular-season game, to go along with a place-kicker who has never made a field goal in the regular season.</P>

Rodney Williams, 25, may have as much power as any punter in the league; last season he set a Giants record with a 90-yard punt in Denver, 16 yards longer than the previous record. Williams's punts were often majestic kicks that sent returners staggering backward. Teammates respected his toughness after Williams broke his right wrist tackling Dallas's Reggie Swinton on Nov. 4 and missed only one game before coming back.</P>

But Fassel is intent on improving special teams play this season, and he was increasingly dissatisfied with Williams's inconsistency in distance and hang time. Under the direction of the new special teams coach, Bruce Read, the Giants are placing increased emphasis on well-placed punts with solid hang time. Williams acknowledged midway through camp that he was struggling with the adjustment, and Fassel made it clear several times that Williams's job was in jeopardy.</P>

Williams's gross average last season was 42.9 yards, while his net was 35.4. His gross average for nine punts in the preseason was 41.8 yards, while his net was 24.1 yards, terrible numbers for which he was not wholly responsible; the coverage units are loaded with inexperienced players, and in one instance, Williams had to make a tackle to prevent a touchdown. After last Saturday's game against the Jets, Williams seemed frustrated and concerned, saying of Fassel, ''You never know exactly where you stand.''
</P>

G-ManSB42
01-07-2011, 06:31 AM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform. Trade? Nobody wants him he is our project all we can do is release him. Hey the whole team lost the game but I agree with you that highlight puts the dagger in a convenient play that makes it something to play over and over and over and over again. Dodge is a ******

Raptor22
01-07-2011, 07:18 AM
wow... so philthy somehow scored 22 points on a SINGLE TD return? damn, he must REALLY be horrible.

By the by, is Nicks dead to you as well? If he hadn't run the wrong route in the 2nd cowboys game, the pick 6 wouldn't have been thrown, the Giants would have won the game, and be in the playoffs now.

Mayhaps you should watch another sport, like competitive freestyle walking, or ballroom dancing. Much lower chance of you having a bleeding ulcer.

jomo
01-07-2011, 07:26 AM
The guy did the best he could this season even if it was not up to NFL standards (understatement). It is management's job to get the right personnel on the roster and on the field. If you must blame someone for Dodge's performance this year and that day, lay it on JR and TC. They had a pre-season and season full of evidence on which to actby making achange. They didn't. It's on them.

buddy33
01-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Did Didge throw an interception that lead to 3 points in that game?
Did he fumble the ball around the 20 while running out of bounds with no one hitting him which lead to 7 points?
Did he blow the coverage on Celek for that long TD?
Did he do anything wrong on the on sides kick after that TD?
Did he lose contain on Vick?
Did he give up a 21 point lead?

RunTheBall
01-07-2011, 07:34 AM
You can nitpick and point to individual blunders that cost the Giants a win this season, but how in the world do youpunt a ball down the field to the most dangerous returner in the game right now when your coach specifically asked you to kick it out of bounds? It is your job. Sure, no one died, but he failed miserably in his only job on the field. And it's not like it was just an aberration. He was not reliable from Week 1. Would you drive on the road knowing your brakes are faulty and occasionally don't work?</P>

Yes, I wanted to kick Pierre Paul for his penalty which gave the Eagles a 1st down in the final minutes of the first meeting. You could say we lost the game because of it. But that's a mistake. Dodge's punt was a blatant display of incompetency, and it's not like he hasn't done it before. He is just bad, and I would have no confidence in him if I were a special teams player. Just expect the worst and hope for the best is no way to play in the NFL.</P>

RunTheBall
01-07-2011, 07:39 AM
Did Didge throw an interception that lead to 3 points in that game? Did he fumble the ball around the 20 while running out of bounds with no one hitting him which lead to 10 points? Did he blow the coverage on Celek for that long TD? Did he do anything wrong on the on sides kick after that TD? Did he lose contain on Vick? Did he give up a 21 point lead?The circumstances does not excuse the act. The game was tied. Should you hate Dodge only if the Giants crawled back from a 21-point deficit instead of the Eagles? The game was tied! Just like the playoffs. 0-0 for all teams. You do not go back and analyze what seeding and better matchupyou would have had if you won this game or that one. Dodge came into thetie game. He didn't give up a HR to lose. He threw a wild pitch to lose the game. Big difference.

buddy33
01-07-2011, 07:47 AM
You can nitpick and point to individual blunders that cost the Giants a win this season, but how in the world do you*punt a ball down the field to the most dangerous returner in the game right now when your coach specifically asked you to kick it out of bounds?* It is your job.* Sure, no one died, but he failed miserably in his only job on the field.* And it's not like it was just an aberration.* He was not reliable from Week 1.* Would you drive on the road knowing your brakes are faulty and occasionally don't work?</P>

Yes, I wanted to kick Pierre Paul for his penalty which gave
the Eagles a 1st down in the final minutes of the first meeting.*
You could say we lost the game because of it.* But that's a
mistake.** Dodge's punt was a blatant display of incompetency,
and it's not like he hasn't done it before.* He is just bad, and I
would have no confidence in him if I were a special teams player.
* Just expect the worst and hope for the best is no way to play in
the NFL.</P>

Why would you blame JPP for a penalty and forget about the 6
points the Eagles scored off of 2 interceptions early in the game?
What about the Eli fumble? So in the same way it is ridiculous to
blame Dodge for the loss. The reason why people blame him is
because his was the last of 100 mistakes made by the Giants
that day. Before you blame him ask yourself why the game came
down to that play. Ask yourself why the Giants had to recover
an on sides kick to secure a victory in their first game with Dallas
this year after they dominated them for most o the game.

buddy33
01-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Did Didge throw an interception that lead to 3 points in that game? Did he fumble the ball around the 20 while running out of bounds with no one hitting him which lead to 10 points? Did he blow the coverage on Celek for that long TD? Did he do anything wrong on the on sides kick after that TD? Did he lose contain on Vick? Did he give up a 21 point lead?The circumstances does not excuse the act.* The game was tied.* Should you hate Dodge only if the Giants crawled back from a 21-point deficit instead of the Eagles?* The game was tied!* Just like the playoffs.* 0-0 for
all teams.* You do not go back and analyze what seeding and
better matchup*you would have had if you won this game or that
one.* Dodge came into the*tie game.* He didn't give up a HR to
lose.* He threw a wild pitch to lose the game.* Big difference.*

What? If the Giants made a 21 point come back and he did that of course it's different. The game was tied? Yeah, why was it tied when they dominated the Eagles for 52 minutes? Dodge did absolutely nothing wrong while the Eagles put 21 points on the board in about 7 minutes or so.

RunTheBall
01-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Matt Dodge came into a tied game in the bottom of the 9th with the winning run on 3rd. He throws a wild pitch. Giants lose the game, the NFC East division title, a first round bye, and a home game.Dodge did nothing wrong. Okay.

buddy33
01-07-2011, 08:16 AM
First, football and baseball are not the same sport in any way shape or form.
Second, I never said he didn't do anything wrong. I said he didn't do anything wrong during the Eagles 21 point come back during a 7 minute or so period.

RunTheBall
01-07-2011, 08:20 AM
If Matt Dodge walks on that field in Week 1 ofthe2011season, it's abig F.U. to Giants fans from Giants management and Coughlin. The same when the Yanks brought back Javier Vazquez.

buddy33
01-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Lol. It's not baseball dude. Let it go.

RoanokeFan
01-07-2011, 08:24 AM

You might want to consider changing your screen name to Mr. Extreme.

NJ10
01-07-2011, 08:30 AM
He is not the only one responsible for the loss. But all he had to do was kick the god damn ball out of bounds and send the game to OT.

Chaosist
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
If Matt Dodge walks on that field in Week 1 ofthe2011season, it's abig F.U. to Giants fans from Giants management and Coughlin. The same when the Yanks brought back Javier Vazquez.</P>

The level of mental deficiency and intellectual dishonesty you have shown in this thread is absolutely staggering. Bad punt aside... It's not like it's a forgone conclusion that if Jackson fields a punt it will be a TD (actually over his career there is only a 4% chance that he will return it for a TD.The one in our game was his only PR for TD this season).There were 10 other Giants on the field whose job it is to prevent that from happening. You're extremely weak and completely illogical, "they weren't expecting Jackson to return/they are only there to recover a muffed handle by Dodge," is just that... weak and illogical. Even though it was a horrid screw up by Dodge, we actually had guys that had a chance to hit the stupid ****er (Jackson). They failed in my eyes more miserably than Dodge. </P>

I would continue this, but at this point in time, I feel like I'm kicking a dog.</P>

RoanokeFan
01-07-2011, 08:34 AM
a normal person would have dislike for someone who actually did something on purpose. Do you think Dodge actually wants to suck a as a punter?? Stop being such a whiner. He has had his share of screw ups throughout the season. But to hate him for trying his best.....shows your lack of character.Football should be a meritocracy. Don't believe it. J<font color="#0000ff">ason Campbell has better stats than Eli Manning in his career, but Eli makes $100 million and never gets criticized by the media.</font> Eli gets excused for his INTs, yet everyone attacks Bradshaw for his fumbles. FYI: Eli has just as many fumbles as as Bradshaw. If Dodge gets to keep his job next season, it will be the smoking gun that the NFL is not colorblind.</p>

This was an interesting read:</p>

By BUSTER OLNEY
August 29, 2002</p>

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Aug. 28 The Giants may or may not succeed in improving their special teams play this season, but nobody can accuse them of not being original. After releasing punter Rodney Williams today and signing Matt Allen to fill the position, they now have a punter who has never appeared in a regular-season game, to go along with a place-kicker who has never made a field goal in the regular season.</p>

Rodney Williams, 25, may have as much power as any punter in the league; last season he set a Giants record with a 90-yard punt in Denver, 16 yards longer than the previous record. Williams's punts were often majestic kicks that sent returners staggering backward. Teammates respected his toughness after Williams broke his right wrist tackling Dallas's Reggie Swinton on Nov. 4 and missed only one game before coming back.</p>

But Fassel is intent on improving special teams play this season, and he was increasingly dissatisfied with Williams's inconsistency in distance and hang time. Under the direction of the new special teams coach, Bruce Read, the Giants are placing increased emphasis on well-placed punts with solid hang time. Williams acknowledged midway through camp that he was struggling with the adjustment, and Fassel made it clear several times that Williams's job was in jeopardy.</p>

Williams's gross average last season was 42.9 yards, while his net was 35.4. His gross average for nine punts in the preseason was 41.8 yards, while his net was 24.1 yards, terrible numbers for which he was not wholly responsible; the coverage units are loaded with inexperienced players, and in one instance, Williams had to make a tackle to prevent a touchdown. After last Saturday's game against the Jets, Williams seemed frustrated and concerned, saying of Fassel, ''You never know exactly where you stand.''
</p>

When you write things such as highlighted above, you lose the audience. You are factually inaccurate. If anyone is criticized for poor performance, it's Eli.

It also doesn't help to bring up 8 year old articles to back you up.

lttaylor56
01-07-2011, 08:41 AM
trust me Dodge got a good talking to.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view3/1548941/angry-tom-coughlin-o.gif

Yes--He knew full well how TC felt that day.

buddy33
01-07-2011, 08:55 AM
You know, the way the defense looked so tired, with the offense not doing anything, and ALL the momentum with the Eagles I don't think the Giants where winning in over tIme anyway.

Should have never come down to that punt.

MattMeyerBud
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM

no offense, but that is the STUPIDEST thing i've ever heard in my life.

Why don't you hate Rolle and Phillips for giving up the big play to Celek

Why dont u hate Coughlin for not putting the hands team out

Why do u not hate Wilkinson and Bulluck or whoever was on the front line for not playing the onside like they were told

Why do u not hate the 4 missed tackles on desean jackson which would of ended the game

Why do u not hate Manningham for fumbling and giving them a free score

Why do u not hate the entire defense for getting the ball jammed down their throat to tie the game.

Why do u not hate Bradshaw for getting an extra two yards when we were making philly burn their timeouts, we would of had a first down and the game would of been over.

Why do u not hate Hagan for running the right route to get a first down

Why do u not hate the line for getting eli sacked the last play of the game

learn football man. As bad as that **** was, it was the LEAST of our problems

TuckYou
01-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I believe the game was 31-10 with 8 minutes left, no? Did Dodge blow that lead?

But then again, I guess all anyone remembers about the 2002 49ers game was Trey Junkins bad snap, not the way the Giants blew a 38-14 lead in the 2nd half.

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2011, 09:25 AM

Dodge has been a game of russian roulette every punt.

He didn't cost us the game, but he was the bloody exclamation point on a shipload of failure.

MattMeyerBud
01-07-2011, 09:27 AM

But then again, I guess all anyone remembers about the 2002 49ers game was Trey Junkins bad snap, not the way the Giants blew a 38-14 lead in the 2nd half.

yea that was awful... but I mean honestly TO always owned us lol

the thing i remember was the no PI called on the fumbled snap, we shoulda had first down and another 15 yards

MattMeyerBud
01-07-2011, 09:28 AM

Dodge has been a game of russian roulette every punt.

He didn't cost us the game, but he was the bloody exclamation point on a shipload of failure.

that i could agree with, but still i have many names on my list for the chopping block before Dodge

TuckYou
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM

the thing i remember was the no PI called on the fumbled snap, we shoulda had first down and another 15 yards

Actually, that is a spot foul. Would of put the ball at the 3 yard line. An XP fg to win a playoff game.

MattMeyerBud
01-07-2011, 09:42 AM

Actually, that is a spot foul. Would of put the ball at the 3 yard line. An XP fg to win a playoff game.

yea it was an awful call

Ruttiger711
01-07-2011, 09:52 AM

yea it was an awful call

at least the NFL came out the next day and admitted the blown call right? THANKS!!! ugh

TuckYou
01-07-2011, 09:58 AM

yea it was an awful call

at least the NFL came out the next day and admitted the blown call right? THANKS!!! ugh
To be honest, as much as a BS call it would of been, Philly should of been flagged for too many players on the field when DJax scored that kick return, technically. Half the players on the sideline were on the field since Jackson decided to showboat before scoring again and run sideways. It would of been a cheap call, but the rules are the rules. Im glad they didnt call it though in a way. Giants deserved to lose that.

Ruttiger711
01-07-2011, 10:09 AM

yea it was an awful call

To be honest, as much as a BS call it would of been, Philly should of been flagged for too many players on the field when DJax scored that kick return, technically. Half the players on the sideline were on the field since Jackson decided to showboat before scoring again and run sideways. It would of been a cheap call, but the rules are the rules. Im glad they didnt call it though in a way. Giants deserved to lose that.

True - Bellichek would have thrown the red flag - worked for him in the Superbowl.

Out of Exile
01-07-2011, 12:16 PM

Anyone who puts 100% of the blame on the PUNTER is a complete MOREON.

I didn't see 11 Matt Dodge's on offense and defense giving the game away.

GameTime
01-07-2011, 04:38 PM
a normal person would have dislike for someone who actually did something on purpose. Do you think Dodge actually wants to suck a as a punter?? Stop being such a whiner. He has had his share of screw ups throughout the season. But to hate him for trying his best.....shows your lack of character.Football should be a meritocracy. Don't believe it. Jason Campbell has better stats than Eli Manning in his career, but <FONT color=#000080 size=4>Eli </FONT>makes $100 million and <FONT color=#000080 size=4>never</FONT> <FONT color=#000080 size=4>gets criticized by the media. Eli gets excused for his INTs,</FONT> yet everyone attacks Bradshaw for his fumbles. FYI: Eli has just as many fumbles as as Bradshaw. If Dodge gets to keep his job next season, it will be the smoking gun that the NFL is not colorblind.</P>

This was an interesting read:</P>

By BUSTER OLNEY
August 29, 2002</P>

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J., Aug. 28 The Giants may or may not succeed in improving their special teams play this season, but nobody can accuse them of not being original. After releasing punter Rodney Williams today and signing Matt Allen to fill the position, they now have a punter who has never appeared in a regular-season game, to go along with a place-kicker who has never made a field goal in the regular season.</P>

Rodney Williams, 25, may have as much power as any punter in the league; last season he set a Giants record with a 90-yard punt in Denver, 16 yards longer than the previous record. Williams's punts were often majestic kicks that sent returners staggering backward. Teammates respected his toughness after Williams broke his right wrist tackling Dallas's Reggie Swinton on Nov. 4 and missed only one game before coming back.</P>

But Fassel is intent on improving special teams play this season, and he was increasingly dissatisfied with Williams's inconsistency in distance and hang time. Under the direction of the new special teams coach, Bruce Read, the Giants are placing increased emphasis on well-placed punts with solid hang time. Williams acknowledged midway through camp that he was struggling with the adjustment, and Fassel made it clear several times that Williams's job was in jeopardy.</P>

</P>

</P>

Now we know you dont read the papers or listen to the local sports radio. He gets bashed all the time......and at times rightfully so.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-07-2011, 04:58 PM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform. Anyone who puts 100% of the blame on the PUNTER is a complete MOREON. I didn't see 11 Matt Dodge's on offense and defense giving the game away.</P>

LOL that while you are calling someone a moron you spell the word moron wrong . . . . . </P>

nYg24
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM

psycho....

FBomb
01-07-2011, 05:16 PM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform.</P>

I'm sure Matt is devestated by this. It's one thing to get chewed out by your head coach on national televisionand giving up the winning touchdown against a division rival......but to be singled out for unforgivness by someone of below avearge intelligence on a message board has got to really sting.</P>

Bud Bottle
01-07-2011, 05:27 PM
You mods really have to consider instituting an age requirement to post here. It's just annoying to listen to some 8 yr old jump up and down, cry, scream and stomp their feet.

FBomb
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
You mods really have to consider instituting an age requirement to post here. It's just annoying to listen to some 8 yr old jump up and down, cry, scream and stomp their feet.</P>

lol.....I almost used those same exact words to describe the OP's post!!!</P>

Diamondring
01-07-2011, 06:39 PM
He's dead to me. I grinded my teeth every time I saw him on the field before that Eagles game, so you can imagine how I feel about him now. Forty years from now, that highlight will be shown on a 3-D holographic image somewhere, and I will cringe just as much as I did last month. My hatred for him will swell, and the veins on my head will bulge. There is no forgiveness. God says forgive. I say trade the bum because I never want to see his face again, especially in a Giants uniform. Anyone who puts 100% of the blame on the PUNTER is a complete MOREON. I didn't see 11 Matt Dodge's on offense and defense giving the game away.</P>

LOL that while you are calling someone a moron you spell the word moron wrong . . . . . </P>Right but no matter if he spelled the word wrong, wewas on point though.