PDA

View Full Version : 2012 annual sleeper thread(2011 part of thread as well)

Pages : 1 [2]

Redeyejedi
09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
TY Hilton is so nasty

nycsportzfan
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Not that he is to much of a sleeper, as most of us know about em by this point(or u should), but CHANDLER HARNISH QB NO.ILLINOIS is a interesting prospect.. They've been a super fun team to watch since hes been there, and his former RB, Chad Spann was another sleeper of mine who i believe is now with the INDY COLTS..

Chandler Harnish is listed at 6ft 2in 222lbs and uses his legs to go with a solid/accurate arm... This yr, hes all ready shredded to noteworthy programs in ARMY and KANSAS...

Vs Army= 12-19 195yrd 5td 1in/ 11carry 80yrd 1td
At Kansas= 27-33 315yrd 2td 0int/ 11carry 89yrd 3td

Those are pretty gaudy numbers, and were not quite talking about Slippery Rock here...lol Harnish is a guy many experts have in there "next" after crop of QB's, and i think hes someone along with Gj Kinne, to keep monitoring as mid rd QB's, who have a shot to possilby stick in the pro's for awhile..

BlueSanta
09-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Im gonna make an early call for Mark Popek. OT, USF.

He is a nasty runblocker and a remarkabley fast learner. Just 3 years ago he was 6'7 230 lbs, now he is 309lbs and carries the wieght well. He has some of the other measurables you like in OT as well. Long arms and massive hands.

myles2424
09-24-2011, 04:54 AM
personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....

thegreatone
09-24-2011, 07:08 AM
personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds

nycsportzfan
09-24-2011, 09:35 AM
personally i really like dwayne allen and egnew if we go te early I think it's inevitable that we go TE at least by the 3rd.....I heard Dwayne Allen is more of blocker than egnew is.....I'd be interested to see which route they want to go, a all around TE,blocking with slight ball skills,stricktly pass catching....allen is probably the most complete te in this draft. he can do it all. i agree though i cant see us not picking a TE in the first 3 rounds. unless we plan on grabbing one in FA but man these boards will explode if we ignore te on first few rounds
There is a bonanza of FA TE's after the season so it depends on what we do in FA'cy
Guys like
mercedes lewis jags(would fit like a glove with us)
Fred Davis Skins(i would love to steal him away hes gonna be good)
Jermichael Finley(prob not our type but would be explosive)

Stop-gap Te's(pick em up for a yr or 2 type TE's)
Joel Dressen hou(solid all around TE stuck with Owen Daniels in HOU)
Scott Chandler Bills(making a name for himself early on for ruff buff)
Evan moore cle(intersting player could be a good fit with us)

Obviously the STOP GAP guys probably don't stop us from drafting a TE all though could have us thinking a yr later or so mercedes would be a great fit with us and Fred Davis is turning into a stud

Redeyejedi
09-24-2011, 09:47 AM
There is a bonanza of FA TE's after the season so it depends on what we do in FA'cy
Guys like
Jermichael Finley(<FONT size=5>prob not our type but would be explosive)
</FONT>

Obviously the STOP GAP guys probably don't stop us from drafting a TE all though could have us thinking a yr later or so mercedes would be a great fit with us and Fred Davis is turning into a stud
</P>

Dont be so sure there could very well be a whole new coaching staff next year. Its going to be hard to predict the Giants draft accurately because of that. </P>

Right now Im hoping the Giants go WR or CB early,cut Diehl and grab one of the elite guards in FA. Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs will both be FA's in there prime. </P>

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp. </P>

Redeyejedi
09-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad

thegreatone
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Guys like
Jermichael Finley(<font size="5">prob not our type but would be explosive)
</font>

</p>

Dont be so sure there could very well be a whole new coaching staff next year. Its going to be hard to predict the Giants draft accurately because of that. </p>

Right now Im hoping the Giants go WR or CB early,cut Diehl and grab one of the elite guards in FA. Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs will both be FA's in there prime. </p>

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp. </p>omg jordy in the slot would be AMAZING

thegreatone
09-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Guys like
</font>

</p>

Dont be so sure there could very well be a whole new coaching staff next year. Its going to be hard to predict the Giants draft accurately because of that. </p>

Right now Im hoping the Giants go WR or CB early,cut Diehl and grab one of the elite guards in FA. Carl Nicks and Ben Grubbs will both be FA's in there prime. </p>

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp. </p>omg jordy in the slot would be AMAZING

thegreatone
09-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Guys like
Jermichael Finley(prob not our type but would be explosive)

yeh i really like davis for us.

nycsportzfan
09-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Guys like
</font>

</p>

The FA WR that has peaked me interest is Jordy Nelson. I dont see how the Packers cankeep him with all the other guys they have.Jordy would be a great slot receiver to have in NY. He is also has some size at 6'3". I think he could come fairly cheap andbe a real nice upgrade to the WR corp. </p> Very True on the Coaching Front and if a guy like say Bill O'brien OC Pats comes in(just a example) with a offensive mindset then he could go right to work upgrading and finagling the offense

Jordy Nelson would be a great fit with us and a great comp to nicks! As u said with all that the pack have no way they can keep both Nelson and Finley if either .
I know we have crazy injury problems as it is but how great would Colston fit in with ELI? With his throwing style a big stout WR really comes in handy and Colston would really work well with ELI in my opinion and come alittle cheaper because of past injuries i would think Don't get em wrong i love Nelson and that would be fantastic just throwing that out there I wonder what happens with mario? I would love to keep him and add Nelson and draft a guy like mcnutt in the 3rd or 4th round or if Dwight Jones were to slip to rd 3 We gotta load up on offensive weapons in todays NFL

nycsportzfan
09-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad How about that 6ft 1inch 332lb monster DT for KENTUCKY whos name is
mister cobble LOL

Redeyejedi
09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Greg Scruggs of Louisville looked real good against Kentucky. He bulked up over the season to become a full time DT. He is 6'4" 285 I think he is on his way to becoming a one of the better players in the big east. I wanted to make a vid of the game but the quality is just way to bad How about that 6ft 1inch 332lb monster DT for KENTUCKY whos name is
mister cobble LOL
Only watched the Kent O vs Louisville d so far. Still have to break down the opposite way. Kentucky has a few players I want to watch. The thing that sucks is the Vid quality is to crappy for vids

Redeyejedi
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
mister cobble LOL
I like there safety Winston Guy. The DT I think thats going to climb after the season is Dajohn Harris of USC. He doesnt get that much pub because he hasnt been that flashy but he is always pushing the pocket. He is 6'4 310 and leads USC in TFL. I think he is a guy that NFL Scouts will like more then CFB fans.

nycsportzfan
10-07-2011, 11:09 PM
mister cobble LOL
I like there safety Winston Guy. The DT I think thats going to climb after the season is Dajohn Harris of USC. He doesnt get that much pub because he hasnt been that flashy but he is always pushing the pocket. He is 6'4 310 and leads USC in TFL. I think he is a guy that NFL Scouts will like more then CFB fans. I agree about Winston Guy! A guy i think is gonna climb bigtime from the DT positon is Jaye Howard DT FLORIDA I really like him alot! I don't know where they got him going as of now but i could see as a 3rd rounder when said and done

Redeyejedi
10-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Look out for Logan Harrel of Fresno State having a great season so far

nycsportzfan
10-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Look out for Logan Harrel of Fresno State having a great season so far I totally agree! Looks like he could be a nice rotational DT on pass rush downs in the NFL

nycsportzfan
10-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Drake Dunsmore H-back of Nwestern i think can find a niche in the NFL

NY_Eli
10-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Graham reminds me of Travis Beckum in college....I think that hurts my perception of him

Redeyejedi
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
One of my sleepers Miles Burris was given a starting grade on twitter by Wes Bunting as was a NYCsportzfan favorite and mineShea Mcclein.

Redeyejedi
10-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Michael Buchanan of Illionis has a very quick first step

nycsportzfan
10-13-2011, 11:38 PM
One of my sleepers Miles Burris was given a starting grade on twitter by Wes Bunting as was a NYCsportzfan favorite and mineShea Mcclein. I think Shea would be a nice draft pick for us if we end up trading OSI and secure another pick or 2 because Shea is a similar player as far as he specializes in getting to the QB but dosen't have elite size or anything and would be a nice complement to Tuck and JPP as a Speed rusher with a non stop motor to give us a bit of what we lose with OSI Even if we keep osi its not a bad idea but in theory he would be a nice replacement for OSI for what he does well

nycsportzfan
10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Where does Hawaii find these huge RB's? They had Alex Green and now they got a 240lb beast Iosefe! Hes a load!

Redeyejedi
10-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Where does Hawaii find these huge RB's? They had Alex Green and now they got a 240lb beast Iosefe! Hes a load!
</P>

Didnt see the game,Keep an eye on him. Last year I had a hard time judging Green because of the running room he had.</P>

nycsportzfan
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
</p>

Didnt see the game,Keep an eye on him. Last year I had a hard time judging Green because of the running room he had.</p> I think Isofele is only a Freshman so he'll be around for a bit Dude is a big boy

Hows about NEIKO THORPE FS AUBURN as a sleeper? Hes a converted CB who is slender but does alot of things well and i think would be a solid do all player off the bench and possibly more down the line

nycsportzfan
10-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Hey Redeye That was the U of Buffalo WR i was talking about that burnt our giants for the 60yrd TD on sunday! Not that there all stars but was i right or was i right about that Group of Turner Gill lead U of Buffalo players? Starks/ N Roosevelt/ m Newton/ D Shannon all are either playing or on practice teams in the nfl

nycsportzfan
10-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Hes only a Sophmore, but a very versatile player for Northwestern, with OK size, is Kain Colter... The guy can throw it , run it, and catch it... I could see him getting picked up by someone as a all out weapon in the later rounds when he eventually comes out..

Redeyejedi
10-29-2011, 02:27 PM
</P>

Didnt see the game,Keep an eye on him. Last year I had a hard time judging Green because of the running room he had.</P>

I think Isofele is only a Freshman so he'll be around for a bit Dude is a big boy

Hows about NEIKO THORPE FS AUBURN as a sleeper? Hes a converted CB who is slender but does alot of things well and i think would be a solid do all player off the bench and possibly more down the line
Thorpe is intruiging as a late round guy. Seen him get beat a lot but i wouldnt mind bringing him in.</P>

Here is a guy just made a vid of.Having a great season.Beat Hosley deep in this one</P>

<FONT color=#0033cc>Chris Givens vs Virgina Tech 2011</FONT> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUB87MhAJo) </P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
10-29-2011, 03:15 PM
</p>

Didnt see the game,Keep an eye on him. Last year I had a hard time judging Green because of the running room he had.</p>

I think Isofele is only a Freshman so he'll be around for a bit Dude is a big boy

Thorpe is intruiging as a late round guy. Seen him get beat a lot but i wouldnt mind bringing him in.</p>

Here is a guy just made a vid of.Having a great season.Beat Hosley deep in this one</p>

<font color="#0033cc">Chris Givens vs Virgina Tech 2011</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUB87MhAJo) </p>

</p> good tape, and i coulden't agree more! I also like the DUKE WR as a sleeper, connor vernon

nycsportzfan
10-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Hes only a Sophmore, but a very versatile player for Northwestern, with OK size, is Kain Colter... The guy can throw it , run it, and catch it... I could see him getting picked up by someone as a all out weapon in the later rounds when he eventually comes out..
Colter rushed 4carry 36yrds 6catches 115yrds 2-2 38yrd 2td 0int so far... Awesome!

nycsportzfan
10-29-2011, 06:27 PM
</p>

Didnt see the game,Keep an eye on him. Last year I had a hard time judging Green because of the running room he had.</p>

Thorpe is intruiging as a late round guy. Seen him get beat a lot but i wouldnt mind bringing him in.</p>

Here is a guy just made a vid of.Having a great season.Beat Hosley deep in this one</p>

<font color="#0033cc">Chris Givens vs Virgina Tech 2011</font> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUB87MhAJo) </p>

</p>Givens is playing terrible football against UNC! just terrible! Horrible drops on a should of been TD and huge gain...

nycsportzfan
11-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Bobby Rainey RB Western Kentucky is a little sleeper pick.. Dudes had 28plus Carries like 5or6 games in a row, and could be a late rd pick to keep a eye on, along with Lance Dunbar RB No Texas..

Redeyejedi
11-08-2011, 09:27 AM
</P>

Thorpe is intruiging as a late round guy. Seen him get beat a lot but i wouldnt mind bringing him in.</P>

Here is a guy just made a vid of.Having a great season.Beat Hosley deep in this one</P>

<FONT color=#0033cc>Chris Givens vs Virgina Tech 2011</FONT> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lUB87MhAJo) </P>

</P>

Givens is playing terrible football against UNC! just terrible! Horrible drops on a should of been TD and huge gain...
</P>

Yeah I admit to not watching much of Chris Givens. Wake Forest isnt a team I spend a lot of time on.</P>

nycsportzfan
11-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Also, a guy i'd try and bring in as a Undrafted FA or i guess possibly late 7th, or maybe better if hes invited to combine and puts on a good show, is Jonas Gray RB notre dame.. I happen to follow ND, and people might see his overall production and look down on it a bit, but when ever hes been given chances, hes exceled, and done really well.. Hes a big bruising back, whos avging 7.2yrds per attempt, albeit, on only 82attempts.. Still, hes a name to look out for as a very late pick or UDF...

Redeyejedi
11-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I really like this safety from San Jose State Duke Ihenacho. Heis real fluidat 6'0 205 . Good player in zone coverageand isnt afraid to mix it up near the line. Travis Johnson the DE had an unbelievable game against Idaho as a Juniot i will kep my eye on him for next season

nycsportzfan
11-12-2011, 08:24 AM
I really like this safety from San Jose State Duke Ihenacho. Heis real fluidat 6'0 205 . Good player in zone coverageand isnt afraid to mix it up near the line. Travis Johnson the DE had an unbelievable game against Idaho as a Juniot i will kep my eye on him for next season Ya, Dukes a good sleeper.. I seen him return a blocked extra point on basically one leg a few weeks back, showing alot of grit, and hes definetly got some skill...

Redeyejedi
12-27-2011, 10:45 AM
I started watching some games of Corrdaro Law DE/OLB Southern Miss 22 TFL this season. He is rather short for a DE trying to see if he has the athletic ability to transfer to OLB.

Another player that gets very little Pub but that is having an outstanding season is Sammy Brown of Houston. The guy has 28 TFL thats ridiculous.Yes he has trouble playing the run but u can do far worse when looking at 3rd day OLB

nycsportzfan
12-28-2011, 06:04 PM
I started watching some games of Corrdaro Law DE/OLB Southern Miss 22 TFL this season. He is rather short for a DE trying to see if he has the athletic ability to transfer to OLB.

Another player that gets very little Pub but that is having an outstanding season is Sammy Brown of Houston. The guy has 28 TFL thats ridiculous.Yes he has trouble playing the run but u can do far worse when looking at 3rd day OLB 28 TFL! wow!!! I was thinking about another skilled positon player Adonis Thomas RB Toledo I could see him being a Lerod Stephens Howling type player for a team He would probably be a 7th rounder or UDF

heavyhitter
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM
CB Mike Harris- Not sure why he's not getting any love from scouts or even talked about at all? Very underrated CB and would love to grab him in the mid to later rounds w/ one of the supplemental picks.

nycsportzfan
01-14-2012, 08:39 AM
I may have mentioned him before but Bobby Rainey RB Western Kentucky is a kid i love for the late rounds.. Hes sized like the mjd/r rice type RB's and plays with power and finesse and i think hes gonna make it for someone.. A straight workhorse for the hilltoppers and uses a nice blend of power and finesse in his game

nycsportzfan
01-14-2012, 08:39 AM
I may have mentioned him before but Bobby Rainey RB Western Kentucky is a kid i love for the late rounds.. Hes sized like the mjd/r rice type RB's and plays with power and finesse and i think hes gonna make it for someone.. A straight workhorse for the hilltoppers and uses a nice blend of power and finesse in his game