PDA

View Full Version : This is just getting silly now

trenken311
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I was very hesitant to start comparing this to the 07 team. It was a magical run, many teams rarely get to go through that twice within such a short period of time.

But playing hard and losing to an undefeated team in the regular season. Then start improving, barely get into the playoffs, underdogs constantly, all analysts picking against us every week despite the Giants being blazing hot!

Even the 9ers boards are already looking past us to the SB, polls on ESPN saying we cant win it all.

Anyone seen any of this before? It's too similar to ignore at this point.

trenken311
01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Not to mention going on the road to a supposedly superior Packers team in the cold, with yet another miracle Eli play, to Nicks this time.

Oh, AND the possibility of a Giants Pats rematch SB?

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 10:29 AM
if i was the 9ers, i'd be looking past us as well.</P>

alot of us are looking past the 9ers.</P>

i think that's natural for confident teams.</P>

trenken311
01-16-2012, 10:31 AM

It's not wise to look past them. Yes I think all around the Giants do look like a better team right now, but anything can happen in that game.

BigBlue2010
01-16-2012, 10:33 AM
There have been a lot of similarities all season. It started right out of camp with Eli getting attacked by the media.

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM

I highly doubt a Tom Coughlin coached team would dare to LOOK past anyone. Yeah, it's nice to dream about your possible SB opponents SHOULD we MAKE it past the 49ers next week, but that's not going to make them LOOK past them.

Really, do people think this team is that undisciplined that they'd be making plane reservations to Indy??

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Any team that dares to look past a Championship game deserves to lose.

I doubt we'll have that problem and I doubt the 49ers will either.

It's going to be one helluva game!

giantsP28
01-16-2012, 10:47 AM
if i was the 9ers, i'd be looking past us as well.</p>

alot of us are looking past the 9ers.</p>

i think that's natural for confident teams.</p>

+1

They are doing exactly what were doing to them. It's natural for fans when you are 1 game away from the big game and BOTH teams are playing their best football of the year. I wouldn't look too much into it. They have the opportunity to make the Superbowl after missing the PLAYOFFS for so many consecutive years, and we have the opportunity to have a rematch with EITHER AFC team.

BigBlue1971
01-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Any team that dares to look past a Championship game deserves to lose. I doubt we'll have that problem and I doubt the 49ers will either. It's going to be one helluva game!</P>

</P>

+1.</P>

noones looking past the game. this is what theyve been waiting for!</P>

fletch842
01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
all they need to do is watch some tape of the 49ers. They have been very consistent this year. It will be a tough going. I don't see the team looking past them, regardless of what we may post here :)

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 11:13 AM

I highly doubt a Tom Coughlin coached team would dare to LOOK past anyone. Yeah, it's nice to dream about your possible SB opponents SHOULD we MAKE it past the 49ers next week, but that's not going to make them LOOK past them. Really, do people think this team is that undisciplined that they'd be making plane reservations to Indy??</P>

i think we're just discussing the fans. neither actual team, giants or 49ers, are looking past the next game.</P>

all the fans on both sides are fantasizing about who they'll play in the superbowl though.</P>

NYGRealityCheck
01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
For 49er fans to look past a red hot Big Blue wrecking ball coming at them is silly.

The Giants have won 4 straight now in impressive fashion and just disposed of NFL's best team.

Atomic1
01-16-2012, 11:45 AM
when the Giants played them there last time Boley was out and he can cover Davis now, Bradshaw was out and I believe Osi was out and Tuck was limited. I think Nicks or Manningham were also limited. I can't recall but recall we were nowhere near 100%.