PDA

View Full Version : Boothe Playing LT?

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Did you guys see Boothe playing LT on occasion last night?

NobodyMan
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
I wondered about that. He was also at LG and Ugoh even went in at tackle a few times (not just as eligible TE). Anybody know if there was an injury or what happened to the line?

Look at Boothe's pull to the right on the Manningham TD pass. He made the LB freeze for just a second, and Eli put the ball over the LB's head to Manningham on a laser. Obvious LB keyed on Boothe, and Boothe sold it perfectly. If LB backs up (I think it was Willis) that pass wont work.

The guy is definitely an NFL starter for any other team - we've been lucky to have him as a back-up.

NYDestroyer
01-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I never liked that guy. I was looking at the Giants vs. Packers reply and I am still trying to figure out if it was him who got beat causing Eli to throw an INT.

I have seen Boothe get killed many times at the Tackle position in the pass. I don't understand why he is still on the roster.

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I never liked that guy. I was looking at the Giants vs. Packers reply and I am still trying to figure out if it was him who got beat causing Eli to throw an INT.

I have seen Boothe get killed many times at the Tackle position in the pass. I don't understand why he is still on the roster.

Cant be serious post.

C1010
01-16-2012, 01:07 PM

Without him, we wouldn't even be where we are now.

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 01:08 PM

Cant be serious post.Boothe is a terrible tackle, so he has a point there.

NobodyMan
01-16-2012, 01:11 PM
Its true a little bit - in that Boothe is too slow/unathletic to be a regular tackle - especially when the run isn't working. But the dude is a road paver for the inside running game at center or guard. I was concerned when I saw him at tackle.

Plus, he turned inside on the blocked FG, letting Jones through to block kick. This also could have been a blown assignment by the guy next to him (didn't catch the number).

Boothe had a decent, not great, game - did the little things correctly that we mostly miss (like selling the run on the Manningham TD), but he also got beat a couple of times. Come to think of it - Snee got another holding call - the O-line really didn't do too well against an average D-line. They are going to have to step it up seriously against SF.

G-G-GMen420
01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I personally like booth.... Humble, quiet guy plays
Like 4 of 5 spots gives us depth and not a bad cap hit
great 6th man if there was a 6th man award he would be the man!

Everyone gets beat from time to time but if you look
at his whole body of work he's not bad at all