PDA

View Full Version : Morehead eats crow!

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team. That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him. I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.</P>

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season. WhenI heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.</P>

To me the two biggest plays of the season were:</P>

1. 99 yard TD the Victor Cruz</P>

and</P>

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day. It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.</P>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for. </P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 11:21 AM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season. Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.</P>

but can anyone think of a better example of why you don't fire coaches OR COORDINATORS during the season (not that you were advocating the same).</P>

Well, even for his wavering fans, he's answered any criticism pretty decisively.</P>

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach. they just need to find a way for their players to buy in. Once they do, they're so hard to beat. they win thepenalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle. When you do that its pretty hard to lose.</P>

Ask Rex Ryan what its like to keep his house of cards from falling when some of the 'passion' of player first coaches starts to waiver...........</P>

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 11:23 AM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season. Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.</P>

but can anyone think of a better example of why you don't fire coaches OR COORDINATORS during the season (not that you were advocating the same).</P>

Well, even for his wavering fans, he's answered any criticism pretty decisively.</P>

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach. they just need to find a way for their players to buy in. Once they do, they're so hard to beat. they win thepenalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle. When you do that its pretty hard to lose.</P>

Ask Rex Ryan what its like to keep his house of cards from falling when some of the 'passion' of player first coaches starts to waiver...........</P>

</P>

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me. </P>

Two criticized Giants. </P>

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 11:24 AM
I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team.* That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him.** I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.</P>

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season.* When*I heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.</P>

and</P>

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day.* It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.</P>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for.* </P>

This post actually got me sexually aroused.

Pop it Ahmad
01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
I wanted all 3 men gone.

Coughlin I respected, but felt the league had passed him by, that we need new blood.

Killdrive-no need to explain

Fewell-the soft coverage was killing me, and I felt that our secondary had talent but was being used incorrectly.

I still want KG gone, but I'm very happy to eat crow. Win or lose vs SF, Coughlin should never EVER be on the hot seat again. I'll never doubt him again.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 11:27 AM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

</P>

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me. </P>

</P>

that looked like Jacobs making a "mea culpa" speech to coughlin.</P>

that's what happend in 07, guys (led by strahan and pierce) bought into what coughlin was selling.</P>

and its happening again. when jacobs is at the front of that train, you've got something special happening.</P>

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 11:29 AM
I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team. That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him. I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.</P>

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season. WhenI heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.</P>

and</P>

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day. It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.</P>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for. </P>

This post actually got me sexually aroused.</P>

Trust me...I have that effect on most people.</P>

YATittle1962
01-16-2012, 11:30 AM
yr the man morehead

have always highly respected you

gumby742
01-16-2012, 11:30 AM
TC has earned the right to stay if he wishes. So has KG. KG was never a "problem", just not optimal.

Fewell however has been a major problem. I remain unconvinced. It's going to take more than a handful of games to convince me. If Spags is available, I'd take him i a heartbeat.

chasjay
01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
quality poster.</p>

quality thread.</p>

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season. Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.</p>

but can anyone think of a better example of why you don't fire coaches OR COORDINATORS during the season (not that you were advocating the same).</p>

Well, even for his wavering fans, he's answered any criticism pretty decisively.</p>

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach. they just need to find a way for their players to buy in. Once they do, they're so hard to beat. they win thepenalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle. When you do that its pretty hard to lose.</p>

Ask Rex Ryan what its like to keep his house of cards from falling when some of the 'passion' of player first coaches starts to waiver...........</p>

</p>

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me. </p>

Two criticized Giants. </p>
this^ - I said in another thread that it almost seemed like a father/son thing to me - or maybe older brother/younger brother

FishinTheSalt
01-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't think anyone was thinking TC hadn't lost the team at some point during the season. It has been a roller coaster ride.</P>

I'd say I'd have to eat some crow criticizing Gilbride. I have to say, he seems to have either got his stuff together or I was just plain wrong. Whichever the reason, I'm glad we are where we are.</P>

scoopscj
01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Way to man up. Props on the crow. Now can you get on board for San Fran please. We need all the positive energy we can muster.

NoHuddle10
01-16-2012, 11:36 AM
TC has earned the right to stay if he wishes. So has KG. KG was never a "problem", just not optimal.

Fewell however has been a major problem. I remain unconvinced. It's going to take more than a handful of games to convince me. If Spags is available, I'd take him i a heartbeat.

You are starting to become very hard to take seriously.

Especially with that ridiculous sig....

NY_Eli
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Good stuff man, I wanted Coughlin gone at the end of last season but he has proven you, me, and many many others wrong. And I couldn't be happier.

Delicreep
01-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Nice post.

I was toying with starting a thread with the title "I'm sorry I said..." so that we all could eat crow

GameTime
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM

and</P>

</P>

gotta love a suck up....lol</P>

just busting. </P>

Over the course of the last bunch of years there have been a handful of players who said questionable things about TC and his style. But what about all the players who HAVEN'T said anything or have said good things. Why is the negative stuff always out in the front???</P>

Other players have said thi sover the course of the last several weeks before Tuck said it last night...</P>

BTW......where are all the players who were lining up to play for Rex Ryan???</P>

hmmm......</P>

</P>

</P>

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 11:41 AM
P.S. - I'm still not a Fewell fan.

RoanokeFan
01-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team. That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him. I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.</p>

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season. WhenI heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.</p>

To me the two biggest plays of the season were:</p>

1. 99 yard TD the Victor Cruz</p>

and</p>

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day. It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.</p>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for. </p>

Which is why we hold Morehead State in such high esteem. Fair and balanced.

bill2000
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Lets not forget about TC taking Tuck aside to encourage him to work through his injuries.

Tuck said afterword that that conversation meant a lot to him. Tuck and the defense have been lights out since. Good work by a quality coach.

G-Men Surg.
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team.* That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him.** I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.</P>

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season.* When*I heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.</P>

and</P>

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day.* It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.</P>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for.* </P>
Nothing wrong in eating crow once in a while bro and this one sure has to be tasty .

G-Men Surg.
01-16-2012, 11:56 AM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season.* Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.</P>

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach.* they just need to find a way for their players to buy in.* Once they do, they're so hard to beat.* they win the*penalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle.* When you do that its pretty hard to lose.</P>

</P>

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me.** </P>

Two criticized Giants.* </P>
And Osi is just glowing . Nothing but praise coming out of his mouth for his old head coach.

GMENAGAIN
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
People were so up in arms over some of our bad losses this year that I actually got flamed for taking the position that we should wait and see how the season turns out before we call for a coach to be fired. </P>

There have definitely been reasons to doubt or criticize TC over the years, but this whole "losing the team" idea has always seemed silly to me. Under that theory, he "had" the team for the first 9 games (no one was saying that he "lost" the team after we beat the Pats and lost a close one to the 49ers), then he "lost" them for the next 3 weeks, got them back for the first Cowboys game, lost them for the Redskins game, and then got them back again after that. Makes no sense at all.</P>

When a team is winning, the reports are that everything is great. When a team is losing, the reports are that thelocker room is bad, the coach has "lost" the team, etc (see Jets, New York). The truth is probably somewhere in the middle . . . . .</P>

</P>

byron
01-16-2012, 12:13 PM

and</P>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for. </P> Good stuff MHand I'll join in with you here.... I also thought he had lost this team and mostly because of his hard edge old school ways ....All I ever wanted was to see this team play consistent aggressive football for 60 mins....I couldn't be more happy about their turn about and attitude of this team as I am now...Its the kind of football will all grew up watching and came tolove ....Big props to TCthis has not been an easy year given all the injuries and such...It feels so good to be screaming at the TV again!! We got damn good short next weekI can't wait!! Go Giants !!!

Roswell777
01-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Now that keeping Coughlin is a non issue around here, I just hope the Giants realize how much they also need Jacobs and Osi. They are a huge part of this team.

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
I really want to win the SB so that we can get the good details in the America's Game special.

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

i've been an avid TC supporter but i had more than my fair share of doubts this season.* Legit criticism of his tenure here has been that outside of one year, he's never won a playoff game as head coach of the giants, and their poor performance in big games late in the season.</P>

i've always said while its not sexy, the "disiciple first" head coach has more staying power than the player first head coach.* they just need to find a way for their players to buy in.* Once they do, they're so hard to beat.* they win the*penalties battle (or at least tie, excluding stupid calls you can't control), they win the ST battle, they win the turnover battle.* When you do that its pretty hard to lose.</P>

</P>

BJ putting his arm around TC near the end of the game was one of the highlights of the game for me.** </P>

Two criticized Giants.* </P>

I was on the phone with my dad down in FL right after the game and we were watching the winding seconds together when we saw this. I thought for sure Jacobs was gonna kiss him.

But the one shot that always makes me smile and tear up at the same time is TC's head cradled between Strahan's hands on the podium following the Superbowl as they're both talking animated with each other with ginormous grins on their faces. I can still hear Joe Buck saying, "Do you see that? That's unbridled joy right there" THAT tells me the love and respect they have for this man.

I always stood by TC. I never called for his head after consecutive losses because the problem was more than just the coach. Three years removed from THE biggest upset in SB history and everyone wants his head because his injury depleted team lost four games in a row?? No freaking way!

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm still waiting for Morehead to say "Eli is my hero!".

/smirk

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
I'm still waiting for Morehead to say "Eli is my hero!". /smirk</P>

He's become a top 5 QB this season.</P>

Does that help?</P>

stormblue
01-16-2012, 01:34 PM
it saddens me to have lost such a prolific
poster and fellow hater such as you Morehead.

and i am seeing many other threads like this all over the forum right now , everybody is back to being brainwashed by the thought of once again holding the "precious" and ignoring the big picture.

it's a regular Hobbit family reunion around here.

so be it then...
albeit a ring made of Fools Gold.

Sarcasman
01-16-2012, 01:40 PM

and i am seeing many other threads like this all over the forum right now , everybody is back to being brainwashed by the thought of once again holding the "precious" and ignoring the big picture.

so be it then...

Thank God for StormBlue's disclaimer, otherwise someone might mistakenly take him seriously.

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 01:43 PM
it saddens me to have lost such a prolific poster and fellow hater such as you Morehead. and i am seeing many other threads like this all over the forum right now , everybody is back to being brainwashed by the thought of once again holding the "precious" and ignoring the big picture. it's a regular Hobbit family reunion around here. so be it then... albeit a ring made of Fools Gold.</P>

Morehead loves all of God's creatures. Large and small.</P>

GiantSteve1x
01-16-2012, 01:44 PM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

</P>

</P>

That was pretty neat to see........btw Morehead, you are a class act!</P>

stormblue
01-16-2012, 01:48 PM

so be it then...

Thank God for StormBlue's disclaimer, otherwise someone might mistakenly take him seriously.

OUCH !!

but admittedly well said. lol

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
I NEVER LOST FAITH IN TC,THE PAYERS NEEDED TO GET HEALTHY AND PLAY BETTER!!!

SweetZombieJesus
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
People were so up in arms over some of our bad losses this year that I actually got flamed for taking the position that we should wait and see how the season turns out before we call for a coach to be fired. </p>

There have definitely been reasons to doubt or criticize TC over the years, but this whole "losing the team" idea has always seemed silly to me. Under that theory, he "had" the team for the first 9 games (no one was saying that he "lost" the team after we beat the Pats and lost a close one to the 49ers), then he "lost" them for the next 3 weeks, got them back for the first Cowboys game, lost them for the Redskins game, and then got them back again after that. Makes no sense at all.</p>

I promised to get off Coughlin's back if they won a home playoff game which they did, so I'm off. But I will add a few words of caution for the future, whenever this ride ends...

I do think we're getting giddy because of another magical ride, but now we really have no idea why the bad things happen and why everything is so up-and-down. Fine, I guess I'll live with it in exchange for the occasional magic. But that doesn't make anything go away, it just means we are ignoring it. I guess we just live with the enigma?

GMENFAN4EVER
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM
I have been saying for two years now (since our pathetic performance vs. carolina, week 16, 2009) that TC has lost the team. That the players have tuned him out and that they quit late in seasons for him. I always believed he was a fine coach but his treatment of his players I thought was counterproductive at times.</p>

It is clear however, that this coach has done a spectacular job with this team this season. WhenI heard Tuck in an interview after our win vs. the Packers and the refs, say that the team has "taken on the personality of their coach", it was clear that good Ol' Morehead was incorrect when it comes to Tom Coughlin.</p>

To me the two biggest plays of the season were:</p>

1. 99 yard TD the Victor Cruz</p>

and</p>

2. TC getting hit and injured on the sidelines and refusing doctor's attention, even the next day. It may sound crazy but I think the players looked at that and were determined to play hard for as long as they had to.</p>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for. </p>

Great post, my friend. I have had my doubts as well, I think alot of us here had. Couldn't agree more with what you have already said. Even though you are a [+o(] Red Sox fan.

lttaylor56
01-16-2012, 01:53 PM

Does that help?</P>This restores my faith in humanity, not, Just kidding...I love ya Chris.

BigBlue1971
01-16-2012, 02:03 PM

and</P>

</P>

</P>

i think with the players buying in the way they have set the tone the last 4-5-6 weeks....and TC has been the real leader in that aspect!</P>

when Rolle and coupla guys came out last year against TC i thoughtit would carry over to this season. clearly it has not and again a tribute to TC for keeping everyone together!</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
People were so up in arms over some of our bad losses this year that I actually got flamed for taking the position that we should wait and see how the season turns out before we call for a coach to be fired. </P>

There have definitely been reasons to doubt or criticize TC over the years, but this whole "losing the team" idea has always seemed silly to me. Under that theory, he "had" the team for the first 9 games (no one was saying that he "lost" the team after we beat the Pats and lost a close one to the 49ers), then he "lost" them for the next 3 weeks, got them back for the first Cowboys game, lost them for the Redskins game, and then got them back again after that. Makes no sense at all.</P>

I promised to get off Coughlin's back if they won a home playoff game which they did, so I'm off. But I will add a few words of caution for the future, whenever this ride ends...

I do think we're getting giddy because of another magical ride, but now we really have no idea why the bad things happen and why everything is so up-and-down. Fine, I guess I'll live with it in exchange for the occasional magic. But that doesn't make anything go away, it just means we are ignoring it. I guess we just live with the enigma?
</P>

I am not totally on board with this search for some sort of systemic problem every time the team loses a couple of games, or doesn't make the playoffs, or doesn't win the SB. Sometimes a systemic problem could be the issue, but it could also be that you just had a bad year or game, or you had a lot of guys playing at less than 100%,or that the other team was just better.</P>

</P>

</P>

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
few coaches can survive an onslaught by established veteran players, but TC did ... he took the high road and just kept coaching up the team

thankfully the organization stood behind him ... when you look at teams that are bad year after year you almost always see multiple coaching changes ... in the NFL change is BAD ... we've had great continuity

Diamondring
01-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I was one of the posters who had positive thoughts of our coaches even in bad times but after against the Saints and the lost against the Packers, I started to think that I was wrong about our coaches then start to doubt them. Now, I can;t believe that the Giants beaten the Pack.

bandwgn86
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM

and</P>

Well its clear that TC is a great coach and in the end, a guy these players play hard for. </P>....and for Eli? is that crow eating thread coming or did i miss it ;)

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Does that help?</P>

I'll catch up with yas after the super bowl and let ya know http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

P.S. - Eli has won me over totally. I'll take him over Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Roflberger and Brady.

Kruunch
01-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Does that help?</P>

I'll catch up with yas after the super bowl and let ya know http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

P.S. - Eli has won me over totally. I'll take him over Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Roflberger and Brady.

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 03:27 PM

and</P>

....and for Eli? is that crow eating thread coming or did i miss it ;)</P>

That Eli played lousy in 2010? That he made bad decisions and cost us at least two games directly?</P>

No Bandy. I've said all season that he was playing great.</P>

And where have you been young man?</P>

FBomb
01-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Great thread M.</P>

I too have eaten my crow this season, but I'm glad I was wrong!!</P>

It's too bad coach of the year is decided before the playoffs.</P>

bandwgn86
01-16-2012, 04:05 PM

and</P>

That Eli played lousy in 2010? That he made bad decisions and cost us at least two games directly?</P>

<FONT size=5>And where have you been young man?</FONT></P>drunk posting in the AG Thread lol

gmen46
01-16-2012, 04:37 PM

and</P>

That Eli played lousy in 2010?* That he made bad decisions and cost us at least two games directly?</P>

No Bandy.* I've said all season that he was playing great.</P>

Good job initiating the thread, MS.

But then again, you're usually pretty consistent in backing what you believe concerning Giants--I say this even though I've disagreed with many of your opinions of Coughlin and Eli--you have no hesitancy to recant when proven wrong.

I hope I exhibit the same mea culpa tendency when called for.

And you HAVE admitted Eli's improvements this season, and resultant status as one of the top 5, throughout most of the season, as you say.

Happy 2012, and lets visualize 2 more victories for the 2011 season!

derekunion28
01-16-2012, 05:00 PM
quality poster.</P>

quality thread.</P>

</P>

Two criticized Giants.* </P> loved that also was great pic

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 05:01 PM

and</P>

Good job initiating the thread, MS. But then again, you're usually pretty consistent in backing what you believe concerning Giants--I say this even though I've disagreed with many of your opinions of Coughlin and Eli--you have no hesitancy to recant when proven wrong. I hope I exhibit the same mea culpa tendency when called for. And you HAVE admitted Eli's improvements this season, and resultant status as one of the top 5, throughout most of the season, as you say. Happy 2012, and lets visualize 2 more victories for the 2011 season!</P>

I'm not "admitting" Eli's better play...I am overjoyed by it.</P>

gmen46
01-16-2012, 05:08 PM

and</P>

That Eli played lousy in 2010?* That he made bad decisions and cost us at least two games directly?</P>

No Bandy.* I've said all season that he was playing great.</P>

Good job initiating the thread, MS. But then again, you're usually pretty consistent in backing what you believe concerning Giants--I say this even though I've disagreed with many of your opinions of Coughlin and Eli--you have no hesitancy to recant when proven wrong. I hope I exhibit the same mea culpa tendency when called for. And you HAVE admitted Eli's improvements this season, and resultant status as one of the top 5, throughout most of the season, as you say. Happy 2012, and lets visualize 2 more victories for the 2011 season!</P>

"A rose by any other name.........."

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM

and</P>

"A rose by any other name.........."</P>

.........is still a QB making far better decisions on the field.</P>

yoeddy
01-16-2012, 06:18 PM
I do think we're getting giddy because of another magical ride, but now we really have no idea why the bad things happen and why everything is so up-and-down.* Fine, I guess I'll live with it in exchange for the occasional magic.* But that doesn't make anything go away, it just means we are ignoring it.* I guess we just live with the enigma?

I have a theory about the why on the late-season issues the team has had over the last 8 years. Basically goes like this...TC took over a 4-12 team, and 4 years later he wins a Super Bowl with a roster that only has 7 players from 2003. Then, 4 years later, he gets his team on this current run with a roster that only has 15 players from the Super Bowl.

The turnover on this team has been pretty big, and every time a new set of players come on board, they have to go through this year or two of learning how TC and the Giants do things...initially, they have trouble understanding and the late-season issues pop-up because guys are mentally drained from all of the process, procedures and rules that TC puts them through. But then they do buy in, and then the team gets on the same page and makes their run.

Haven't thought this through completely, but that's what I've got so far...

bigjeep
01-16-2012, 06:30 PM

and</P>

</P>

I must agree, I thought he was a gone! [:$]</P>

Harooni
01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
About time. Told you TC was very very good.

Good man. One of my favorite posters