PDA

View Full Version : The very worse call!

Husky
01-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Was the call on Osi for a "Hit to the head". Now, I can understand missing a penalty, possibly due to angle or view obstruction, BUT how on earth can they call a penalty on something that didn't happen? The official who threw that flag should be fired as he is seeing illusions. NO way he could have seen something that didn't happen.

NoHuddle10
01-16-2012, 12:49 PM
Was the call on Osi for a "Hit to the head".* Now, I can understand missing a penalty, possibly due to angle or view obstruction, BUT how on earth can they call a penalty on something that didn't happen?* The official who threw that flag should be fired as he is seeing illusions.* NO way he could have seen something that didn't happen.*

I think someone slipped the refs mushrooms before the game.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 12:52 PM
the upheld down by contact call was the worst.</P>

i can see depending on what angle you were watching that the Osi call could be made in error. </P>

He (rightfully so) pounded Rodgers so it could look like H to H depending on your angle.</P>

But how do you miss a fumble that you have the benefit of freeze-frame instant replay?</P>

Husky
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
the upheld down by contact call was the worst.</p>

i can see depending on what angle you were watching that the Osi call could be made in error. </p>

He (rightfully so) pounded Rodgers so it could look like H to H depending on your angle.</p>

But how do you miss a fumble that you have the benefit of freeze-frame instant replay?</p>I still think it's worse when they call a penalty that didn't happen. There's no explanation or excuse to cover that up.

sausage
01-16-2012, 01:04 PM
the Ware 1st down spot was extremely bad also.

krygny
01-16-2012, 01:06 PM
the upheld down by contact call was the worst.</p>

i can see depending on what angle you were watching that the Osi call could be made in error. </p>

He (rightfully so) pounded Rodgers so it could look like H to H depending on your angle.</p>

But how do you miss a fumble that you have the benefit of freeze-frame instant replay?</p>
If he didn't actually see helmet to helmet contact, he shouldn't have called it. They're not supposed to make calls base on their perception or an impression. How often to you see a DT or a DE go to the ground, the BJ sees it out of the corner of his eye and just assumes 'Oh, he must have been taken down - HOLDING'.

What pissed me off more than anything was all the late hits on Manning, LONG after he released the ball. He's not gonna complain to the officials but somebody on the team should.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 01:09 PM

i can see depending on what angle you were watching that the Osi call could be made in error. </P>

He (rightfully so) pounded Rodgers so it could look like H to H depending on your angle.</P>

But how do you miss a fumble that you have the benefit of freeze-frame instant replay?</P>

If he didn't actually see helmet to helmet contact, he shouldn't have called it. They're not supposed to make calls base on their perception or an impression. How often to you see a DT or a DE go to the ground, the BJ sees it out of the corner of his eye and just assumes 'Oh, he must have been taken down - HOLDING'.

What pissed me off more than anything was all the late hits on Manning, LONG after he released the ball. He's not gonna complain to the officials but somebody on the team should.

</P>

I'm not saying it was a good call, i'm just saying if you had to pick the worst call, is it the split second call on a roughing the passer, or the one where you get to go back and review the play in slow motion and determine if you were right or wrong?</P>

I can't possibley see how there's any competition between which one is worse.</P>

G-G-GMen420
01-16-2012, 01:10 PM

i can see depending on what angle you were watching that the Osi call could be made in error.* </P>

+1