PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Ballard?

Salsa80
01-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I was reading through the stat's and I went to receiving.
Nicks 7 catches 9 targets
Cruz 5 catches 5 targets
Manningham 3 for 3
Beckhum 2 for 2
Bradshaw 3 for 5
Then I came to Ballard, 1 catch 8 targets. Is this a case of Eli throwing the ball away and he being the closest target? Is he dropping the ball? I watched the game and the only drop I noticed was the one that got tipped in the end zone and I wouldn't really consider that a drop. If we can get Ballard going that would really improve our passing game. Thoughts?

yoeddy
01-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Ballard is still hurt...he's a warrior for being out there, but word is that his knee is only 70%...

Atomic1
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Ballard was a bit banged up recently and is giving 110% PLAYING THRU THE PAIN !

NY_Eli
01-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Ballard is still hurt...he's a warrior for being out there, but word is that his knee is only 70%...

That explains why Beckum is suddenly getting more involved.

Salsa80
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Yea I've noticed Beckum's production go up. And I do applaud Ballard for being out there

NoHuddle10
01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
I was reading through the stat's and I went to receiving.
Nicks 7 catches 9 targets
Cruz 5 catches 5 targets
Manningham 3 for 3
Beckhum 2 for 2
Bradshaw 3 for 5
Then I came to Ballard, 1 catch 8 targets. Is this a case of Eli throwing the ball away and he being the closest target? Is he dropping the ball? I watched the game and the only drop I noticed was the one that got tipped in the end zone and I wouldn't really consider that a drop. If we can get Ballard going that would really improve our passing game. Thoughts?

After he made some plays early in the season, it forced teams to start taking notice.

Problem is the guy is VERY SLOW. He actually is slower than Eli believe it or not.

He ran a 5 something 40. Guy is good at seperating his body and hands from the defenders, and can make a big catch from time to time. He is great at blocking. But he is a poor receiving option, especially when comparing him to the rest of the guys you mentioned.

Lastly, we have been keeping extra men in to block. RB's and TE's have been staying back to make sure Eli has time and its working. A lot of times we have 3 more guys staying back then they have blitzers, but everytime Eli has time to throw, he finds an open receiver.

There were a number of times in yesterdays game where we would have 2 or 3 guys running routes against 7-8 men in coverage. But as long as Eli had time, he eventually found a way to make the play.

G-Men Surg.
01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
He's not 100 % , heck I don't know if he is even 60 or 70 %. But kudos for Jake for being in there.
One thing IMO that really got better when he returned in the line up was the running game.

Mercury
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Eli was throwing the ball away sometimes, too. He threw a few where Ballard was closest to it.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
while we're on the subject, anyone else thrilled with seeing Beckum actually contributing now?

Desepx
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM
while we're on the subject, anyone else thrilled with seeing Beckum actually contributing now?

YES

kg has to get him more involved.

Salsa80
01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Definitely, he made some nice moves after he made his catches, glad to see him finally playing up to his potential.

G-Men Surg.
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM

No better time for him to show up than this ! He can turn into the " X " factor we always wished for out of him in this O .