PDA

View Full Version : Glad Buck/Aikman was our game...

Jotun_Fan
01-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Because that Niners game was one for the ages, glad Joe Buck couldn't ruin it. TBH if it wasn't for the Giants playing I'm not sure our game is entertaining to me.

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I really do like Aikman. Even if he is a former cowboy.

Joe Buck needs to be shipped out though.

NY_Eli
01-16-2012, 12:20 PM

I agree. Buck sounds tired and annoyed throughout the game.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I really do like Aikman. Even if he is a former cowboy. Joe Buck needs to be shipped out though.</P>

i don't mind saying it.</P>

Aikman is awesome at what he does now.</P>

I don't know why guys don't like him.</P>

He's been very even throughout his career as an broadcaster.</P>

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-16-2012, 12:25 PM
I cant stand to listen to these guys call our games! Bias isn't even the word I would use to describe them...it's just hate! They love to watch us lose and tolerate us winning.

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I cant stand to listen to these guys call our games! Bias isn't even the word I would use to describe them...it's just hate! They love to watch us lose and tolerate us winning.

and then you have this. I really dont understand how you see this with Aikman.

FloydEddings2
01-16-2012, 12:28 PM
If anyone follows @Buck on Twitter he gave a great analysis of his Tyree call a few days ago. I thought it was very illuminating.

Gianthunter
01-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Had to love last week. After the game Bradshaw asks Aikman about the Giants chances in GB.[:|] and crickets from Aikman

ghwriter1976
01-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I just listened to some of the highlights and Buck sounded much more excited and animated than usual. I think it had something to do with the possibility of him and Troy not having to be in Green Bay two weeks in a row in January.

I do find it funny that every time the Giants score a TD on a big play, Buck makes sure to say, "No flags!"

Itlan
01-16-2012, 12:35 PM

and then you have this. I really dont understand how you see this with Aikman.I agree. People around here are so sensitive lmao. Aikman is a good analyst, and Joe Buck may not be "exciting," but that's his only flaw. He calls every play, doesn't miss a beat... people around here are just so sensitive, it's kind of sad.

G-Men Surg.
01-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Can't understand why and I'm not being sarcastic about it but can't comprehend why Buck has a gig in Fox calling football games . He is as dull as a brush .

berya
01-16-2012, 12:48 PM

+1. Aikman is pretty good. Joe Buck is not.

lgwgiantlov
01-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Saying Buck is boring and tedious is an understatement. Both he and Aikman are so
uninteresting I have to turn off the sound a lot.
And they just keep talking nonstop about nothing
no one even wants to hear. Can't we get Collingsworth or Simms or anyone else? Are we stuck forever with these dull Fox announcers who sound like they would rather be anywhere else but at a game?

Pakman
01-16-2012, 12:58 PM
I just listened to some of the highlights and Buck sounded much more excited and animated than usual. I think it had something to do with the possibility of him and Troy not having to be in Green Bay two weeks in a row in January.

I do find it funny that every time the Giants score a TD on a big play, Buck makes sure to say, "No flags!"

I noticed Buck being a little excited too..more than usual.

I think your point my be true lol

GreenZone
01-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Rather than be annoyed, why not just turn on the stream from WFAN at a slightly lower volume than the TV. It's great to hear the calls from Bob and the commentary from Banksy, as well as additional insight. With the delay of about 40 seconds, it allows you to also hear them during commercials. You'll get additional tidbits that you'd otherwise miss on many plays.

I also maximize Dolby Digital's back speaker sound so its more like being at the game in the middle of the crowd and the announcers are at a minimum in the center speaker.

Husky
01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Actually, the last 5 minutes were great, but the first 55 minutes were pretty mundane.

ashleymarie
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
I am not a Joe Buck fan, and in the past I have been critical of Aikman. But in yesterdays game Aikman at least spoke up against the blatant no fumble call. He plainly said the replay showed to him (Aikman) that it was a fumble. He gained some of my respect back.