PDA

View Full Version : Investigation Needed....

Giants-NJ
01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Does anyone think there was something fishy with the officiating for yesterday's Giants game?

The refs in that game should be investigated to see if they were paid by someone to "fix" the game for the Packers.

Any thoughts?

Giantz4Life
01-16-2012, 01:16 PM
I was ready to blow a gasket .

I cannot believe how much the refs tried to hand Green Bay the game, and we still beat them handily.

Should have been 37-3 or 37-10 in all honesty.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
there's always a chance at corrpution creeping into any heavily wagered sport.</P>

but there's been enough randomly bad officiated games in the NFL that i think we're just the victims of bad timing more than anything else.</P>

if a bunch of calls go our way next week, i'd be more concerned.</P>

If refs are able to'even up' calls, then it can go the other way too...........</P>

NYGRealityCheck
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
The blow to the head penalty on Osi to keep the Packer's drive alive late in the game took the cake.

Not even close...

Mercury
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
I think an investigation by the NFL would be appropriate. The calls were extremely Packer-biased and blatantly so. And the referees that officiated should not call another game until the investigation confirms or clears them of wrong-doing.

Husky
01-16-2012, 02:19 PM
there's always a chance at corrpution creeping into any heavily wagered sport.</p>

but there's been enough randomly bad officiated games in the NFL that i think we're just the victims of bad timing more than anything else.</p>

if a bunch of calls go our way next week, i'd be more concerned.</p>

If refs are able to'even up' calls, then it can go the other way too...........</p>
The only explanation for yesterdays officiating is that Kidnappers had Leavys family held hostage and threatened Leavy they'd be harmed if he didn't throw the game.;)

TuckYou
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Nothing different then the past 3 weeks, or the last GB game. Refs were told to get GB to the Champ game, plain and simple. Our beloved NFL is corrupt. Its sad. WWF = NFL.</P>

P_Simms_#11
01-16-2012, 02:26 PM
If there is a conspiracy, maybe it will go in the Giants favor this weekend. Nothing would be bigger than a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl rematch. A "Harbaugh Bowl" would be a distant second.

ashleymarie
01-16-2012, 02:29 PM
After that bad call in the first game we played the Packers this season, I began to look closer at the refs calls. I am of the opinion that the NFL thru the Refs are attempting to change the outcome of a game.

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
There is no conspiracy. there is no effort for the league to get certain teams in the championship games or the Superbowl. That would be a death blow to a flourishing league. </P>

Stop with all this crap. Its just incompitence. the guy missed the Jennings review because he was incompitent. </P>

Thats the problem. Stop with the conspiracy theories people.</P>

blueomaha
01-16-2012, 02:35 PM
i like the idea of a challenge on a play but what good is it if you don't get the call right after reviewing it...cameras can be used to spot the ball...but calls being overturned because 2 officials saw the play differently is another issue...yes, there's something fishy and we all know where the smell is coming from.....

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 02:40 PM
i like the idea of a challenge on a play but what good is it if you don't get the call right after reviewing it...cameras can be used to spot the ball...but calls being overturned because 2 officials saw the play differently is another issue...yes, there's something fishy and we all know where the smell is coming from.....
</P>

There is nothing fishy at all about it. the guy just made a terrible call and should probably be fired for it.</P>

But the suggestion that the league is out to get us, or is trying tomove certain teams forward is nuts!!</P>

Do any of you have any idea how much additional revenue the league earns if a New York team makes the suberbowl? Its huge. Why on earth (if they were corrupt) would they be corrupt in the direction of making far LESS money.</P>

This needs to stop.</P>

Giants-NJ
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
it IS fishy! I do not think I have ever seen a game with such one sided officiating. Is there some kind of "Head of Officiating" that can fire those ref's or at least take their paychecks for that game?

BlueBlooded1979
01-16-2012, 02:48 PM
There is no conspiracy.* there is no effort for the league to get certain teams in the championship games or the Superbowl.* That would be a death blow to a flourishing league. </P>

Stop with all this crap.* Its just incompitence.* the guy missed the Jennings review because he was incompitent. </P>

Thats the problem.** Stop with the conspiracy theories people.</P>

Conspiracies are unlikely. Point shaving by officials has happened in nearly all sports though. This season has seen a lot of obvious mistakes in huge moments. At this point it warrants serious discussion and a close observation by the league. They are already discussing publicy hiring full time officials. Imagine what is being said privately.

Why would the officials even care about the long term success of the league over a massive payday? They are part time employees with little vested interest.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 02:51 PM
there's always a chance at corrpution creeping into any heavily wagered sport.</P>

but there's been enough randomly bad officiated games in the NFL that i think we're just the victims of bad timing more than anything else.</P>

If refs are able to'even up' calls, then it can go the other way too...........</P>

The only explanation for yesterdays officiating is that Kidnappers had Leavys family held hostage and threatened Leavy they'd be harmed if he didn't throw the game.;)
</P>

i don't think he should be officiating anymore. this isn't his first horrible game.</P>

</P>

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 02:52 PM
it IS fishy! I do not think I have ever seen a game with such one sided officiating. Is there some kind of "Head of Officiating" that can fire those ref's or at least take their paychecks for that game?</P>

OK...then tell me what they have to gain. Because I can't see it.</P>

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 02:53 PM
yes it should be looked into, it's bad enough you have to play DALLAS,jETS,FALCONS ,PACKERS and the REF'S!!!! national FIX league!!!

Diamondring
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
</P>

There is nothing fishy at all about it.* the guy just made a terrible call and should probably be fired for it.</P>

But the suggestion that the league is out to get us, or is trying to*move certain teams forward is nuts!!</P>

Do any of you have any idea how much additional revenue the league earns if a New York team makes the suberbowl?** Its huge.* Why on earth (if they were corrupt) would they be corrupt in the direction of making far LESS money.</P>

*This needs to stop.</P>You may be right but we also have to look at the humans population and that anybody with an evil mind could come in and do bad things to this country etc. We have to be aware that bad things can happen and bad things may happen again and again.

blueomaha
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
</p>

There is nothing fishy at all about it. the guy just made a terrible call and should probably be fired for it.</p>

But the suggestion that the league is out to get us, or is trying tomove certain teams forward is nuts!!</p>

Do any of you have any idea how much additional revenue the league earns if a New York team makes the suberbowl? Its huge. Why on earth (if they were corrupt) would they be corrupt in the direction of making far LESS money.</p>

This needs to stop.</p>you have your opinion and i respect it...i just going by what i have seen...not saying it's a conspiracy, but to review a play in super slow motion (with todays technology is common) there is no explanation to get the call (fumble) wrong....

Giants-NJ
01-16-2012, 03:00 PM
They have to gain financially if they have been bribed or paid-off. The calls during the Giants game yesterday were so blatantly wrong that something must be up. Again, I have never seen anything like it. NFL needs to investigate!!!!

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
</P>

There is nothing fishy at all about it. the guy just made a terrible call and should probably be fired for it.</P>

But the suggestion that the league is out to get us, or is trying tomove certain teams forward is nuts!!</P>

Do any of you have any idea how much additional revenue the league earns if a New York team makes the suberbowl? Its huge. Why on earth (if they were corrupt) would they be corrupt in the direction of making far LESS money.</P>

This needs to stop.</P>

you have your opinion and i respect it...i just going by what i have seen...not saying it's a conspiracy, but to review a play in super slow motion (with todays technology is common) there is no explanation to get the call (fumble) wrong....
</P>

I have no idea either how he could not overturn that call. But to suggest there is some kind of collective league effort to advance the Packers is silly.</P>

The guy is just a friggin moron. He needs to explain his failure to the league. (and I'm sure he will have to). I doubt he'll be reffing a playoff game for a while. These guys are scored by the league.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
</P>

This needs to stop.</P>

you have your opinion and i respect it...i just going by what i have seen...not saying it's a conspiracy, but to review a play in super slow motion (with todays technology is common) there is no explanation to get the call (fumble) wrong....
</P>

you mean the same guy that reviewed plays in the Steelers/Seahawks SB and got them wrong as well?</P>

the most likely scenario is that thisref is a total tool.</P>

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 03:07 PM
They have to gain financially if they have been bribed or paid-off. The calls during the Giants game yesterday were so blatantly wrong that something must be up. Again, I have never seen anything like it. NFL needs to investigate!!!!</P>

If he was bribed, the Packers would have won the game. Only the mob would try to bribe a ref and he would be floating in Lake Michigan right now if he was bribed without the right result. He called a grand total of one holding penalty against the Giants.</P>

stormblue
01-16-2012, 03:28 PM
what a bunch of maroons.
the call was correct.
the ankle (which WAS down) and the shin are considered part of the leg.
there was nothing on the slo-mo replay that conclusively shows the ankle not touching.
i get so tired of you people calling "foul" when you constantly go by what you think the rule should be as opposed to what it really is.

we just went thru this stuff with that tuck rule call remember ? stop confusing what the rule is with what you want it to be.
you people are not on the rules committee.

the ankle is just as good as a knee.
deal with it.

why can't i resist pouring gas on a fire.

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 03:31 PM
what a bunch of maroons. the call was correct. the ankle (which WAS down) and the shin are considered part of the leg. there was nothing on the slo-mo replay that conclusively shows the ankle not touching. i get so tired of you people calling "foul" when you constantly go by what you think the rule should be as opposed to what it really is. we just went thru this stuff with that tuck rule call remember ?stop confusing what the rule is with what you want it to be. you people are not on the rules committee. the ankle is just as good as a knee. deal with it. why can't i resist pouring gas on a fire.</P>

The first thing I looked for was the shin (based on the famous Amani Toomer call). There was no way that any part of his leg, (ankle, shin etc..) was down before the ball came out.</P>

You are being a joyless baffoon today on a glorious day for Giants fans.</P>

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
1)no fumble call
2)bad mark on ware run (should have been first down)
3)countless non holding calls on their o-line
4)non call on late hit to the head on eli
5)and phantom blow to the head called on osi
Then i read somewhere that after the giants lost to philly their line to win the super bowl went to 100-1 that's a ton of money Vegas stands to lose
so it wouldn't surprise me if something shady is going on
Add the bad calls last week against when we played Atlanta and the case gets stronger

And we still beat both teams up and down the field so the hell with the refs we got this
but lets not think that its not possible because it wasn't that long ago when the NBA had a crooked ref

giantotherness
01-16-2012, 03:37 PM
what a bunch of maroons. the call was correct. the ankle (which WAS down) and the shin are considered part of the leg. there was nothing on the slo-mo replay that conclusively shows the ankle not touching. i get so tired of you people calling "foul" when you constantly go by what you think the rule should be as opposed to what it really is. we just went thru this stuff with that tuck rule call remember ?stop confusing what the rule is with what you want it to be. you people are not on the rules committee. the ankle is just as good as a knee. deal with it. why can't i resist pouring gas on a fire.</p>

The first thing I looked for was the shin (based on the famous Amani Toomer call). There was no way that any part of his leg, (ankle, shin etc..) was down before the ball came out.</p>

You are being a joyless baffoon today on a glorious day for Giants fans.</p>

I'm with Morehead State on this one, and so is every broadcaster and analyst that has critiqued the game today. "refs had a hard day" was the most polite wording I've heard....

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
1)no fumble call 2)bad mark on ware run (should have been first down) 3)countless non holding calls on their o-line 4)non call on late hit to the head on eli 5)and phantom blow to the head called on osi Then i read somewhere that after the giants lost to philly their line to win the super bowl went to 100-1 that's a ton of money Vegas stands to lose so it wouldn't surprise me if something shady is going on Add the bad calls last week against when we played Atlanta and the case gets stronger And we still beat both teams up and down the field so the hell with the refs we got this but lets not think that its not possible because it wasn't that long ago when the NBA had a crooked ref</P>

So what are you saying, that "Vegas" ordered a Packers victory?</P>

What do you think will happen to this ref since he failed?</P>

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
what a bunch of maroons.
the call was correct.
there was nothing on the slo-mo replay that conclusively shows the ankle not touching.
i get so tired of you people calling "foul" when you constantly go by what you think the rule should be as opposed to what it really is.

we just went thru this stuff with that tuck rule call remember ? stop confusing what the rule is with what you want it to be.

deal with it.

the thing that bothers me more was that it was initially called a fumble on the field, then was reversed on the field during the tv break. How does that happen? It should have been the packers that were forced to challenge that it was NOT a fumble, and there was no TV evidence to show that his ankle was down before the ball came out.

NY_Eli
01-16-2012, 03:46 PM
what a bunch of maroons.
the call was correct.

deal with it.

the thing that bothers me more was that it was initially called a fumble on the field, then was reversed on the field during the tv break. How does that happen? It should have been the packers that were forced to challenge that it was NOT a fumble, and there was no TV evidence to show that his ankle was down before the ball came out.

Yeah I agree, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the ref who made the initial call have a better view of it anyway?

But there's definitely no conspiracy, Morehead is right in that it would be stupid to sacrifice the integrity of a flourishing business.

elaherb
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Icompletely agree. It seemsa for so reason someone does't want the GIANTS TO WIN.I ISNOT JUST YESTERDAY. THE atlana game the terrible spot on a first down passto nicks.bUT YESTERDAY WAS THE MOST BLAYANT ANTI GIANT REFEREE GROUP EVER. THEY HIT ELI LATE SEVERAL TIMES NO CALL. THE MOST OBVIOUS LOOK AT THE FILMS IN MY OPINIONWAS THE15 YARD COMPLTETION TO BALLARD THE REF IS IN THE PICTURE AND NEVER CALLED IT. THE FILMS DO NOT LIE THE FUMBLE ETC.

elaherb
01-16-2012, 03:59 PM
I fell exactly the same way.I believive the league wanted DALLASA TO WIN THE DIVISON

chasjay
01-16-2012, 04:04 PM
what a bunch of maroons.
the call was correct.

deal with it.

Please stop abusing that warm, brownish shade of red, and please stop with the damn "you people" phraseology. That's what I want the rule to be!

The call was botched.

And coaching has everything to do with 53 individuals staying collectively focused in a hostile environment. This is in reference to another thread.

stormblue
what a bunch of maroons. the call was correct. the ankle (which WAS down) and the shin are considered part of the leg. there was nothing on the slo-mo replay that conclusively shows the ankle not touching. i get so tired of you people calling "foul" when you constantly go by what you think the rule should be as opposed to what it really is. we just went thru this stuff with that tuck rule call remember ?stop confusing what the rule is with what you want it to be. you people are not on the rules committee. the ankle is just as good as a knee. deal with it. why can't i resist pouring gas on a fire.</P>

The first thing I looked for was the shin (based on the famous Amani Toomer call).* There was no way that any part of his leg, (ankle, shin etc..) was down before the ball came out.</P>

then why was it not overturned.what was the
"official" report on why it was not overturned.
it was not overturned because it was probably the right call.

and my buffoonery is constant ; regardless of victory or defeat.
i am thrilled over this victory .... that has nothing to do my stance on any particular issue.

and even you must admit that my opinion about it being the right call has more merit
than a stupid conspiracy theory.

elaherb
You must think we wre all suffering from some sort of paranoiai, Look at most games we get the bad calls more WHY?

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
1)no fumble call 2)bad mark on ware run (should have been first down) 3)countless non holding calls on their o-line 4)non call on late hit to the head on eli 5)and phantom blow to the head called on osi Then i read somewhere that after the giants lost to philly their line to win the super bowl went to 100-1 that's a ton of money Vegas stands to lose so it wouldn't surprise me if something shady is going on Add the bad calls last week against when we played Atlanta and the case gets stronger And we still beat both teams up and down the field so the hell with the refs we got this but lets not think that its not possible because it wasn't that long ago when the NBA had a crooked ref</P>

So what are you saying, that "Vegas" ordered a Packers victory?</P>

What do you think will happen to this ref since he failed?</P>
There has been corruption in every sport so lets not forget these guys are not making millions nothing would shock me with the amount of money that surrounds sports gambling
and the argument that the refs had a bad day then where are the calls that favored the giants

beauford54
01-16-2012, 04:07 PM
I can appreciate most everyone trying to be fair, but let's address a few things seriously with a good amount of reasonable perspective-

1) giantsandyanks1 has a great point, there were MANY calls that did not go the Giants way, but hey, sometimes that's football.

2) Of the 100's of reviews that have happened over the year, there is always an explaination. This ref gave none, cause he KNEW he was either blowing the call or just couldn't tell. But come on, as someone foolishly suggested, if the ankle and shin were down he would have came back and said that...he said nothing because he did not want to incriminate himself.

3) I've gone back and forth on all sport centers all day long, EVERY SINGLE ANALYST says it was the wrong call, not even CLOSE. The former VICE PRESIDENT OF OFFICIATING, Mike Periera, said he would have reversed the call, and mentioned NOTHING of the ankle and shin, since it's a BS argument.

4) You don't need a conspiricy theory for a ref to have been paid off to make 1 bad call. I DO NOT beleive this is a conspiricy theory, I beleive Morehead State is right on that one. Let's face it Morehead State, if he is really that incompetent though, he should not even be officiating Pop Warner football. I'm convinced if in fact he was paid off, he did his job, which is why, as you suggested, he not swimming with the fishes. People who want the game fixed are not stupid enough to think you can make 20 bad calls and the game won't go under review. So if we was paid off, he probably needed to give them a possible chance if it came up, and he did that. Job well done if that's the case.

So the real question is, was he paid off in some way or is he that incompetent? There are NO OTHER OPTIONS OTHER THEN THOSE TWO. Either way, whatever you believe, and I'm not completely convinced either way, he does not deserve to officiate another football game ever again. That's the bottom line. Come on people, there are bad calls every week, but this is the worst I've seen all year...

chasjay
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
I can appreciate most everyone trying to be fair, but let's address a few things seriously with a good amount of reasonable perspective-

1) giantsandyanks1 has a great point, there were MANY calls that did not go the Giants way, but hey, sometimes that's football.

2) Of the 100's of reviews that have happened over the year, there is always an explaination. This ref gave none, cause he KNEW he was either blowing the call or just couldn't tell. But come on, as someone foolishly suggested, if the ankle and shin were down he would have came back and said that...he said nothing because he did not want to incriminate himself.

3) I've gone back and forth on all sport centers all day long, EVERY SINGLE ANALYST says it was the wrong call, not even CLOSE. The former VICE PRESIDENT OF OFFICIATING, Mike Periera, said he would have reversed the call, and mentioned NOTHING of the ankle and shin, since it's a BS argument.

4) You don't need a conspiricy theory for a ref to have been paid off to make 1 bad call. I DO NOT beleive this is a conspiricy theory, I beleive Morehead State is right on that one. Let's face it Morehead State, if he is really that incompetent though, he should not even be officiating Pop Warner football. I'm convinced if in fact he was paid off, he did his job, which is why, as you suggested, he not swimming with the fishes. People who want the game fixed are not stupid enough to think you can make 20 bad calls and the game won't go under review. So if we was paid off, he probably needed to give them a possible chance if it came up, and he did that. Job well done if that's the case.

So the real question is, was he paid off in some way or is he that incompetent? There are NO OTHER OPTIONS OTHER THEN THOSE TWO. Either way, whatever you believe, and I'm not completely convinced either way, he does not deserve to officiate another football game ever again. That's the bottom line. Come on people, there are bad calls every week, but this is the worst I've seen all year...

How about personal bias as a third option?

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 04:11 PM
You must think we wre all suffering from some sort of paranoiai, Look at most games we get the bad calls more WHY?</P>

I went on the Falcons boards last week, including Monday. They were insisting that "the fix was in" (thats a quote) in that they believed the refs were pro-Giants. Now thats cookie at best, but its amazing how fans see the calls against their team and ignore the calls for their team.</P>

Its clear to me that in the past few weeks, we have had way too many calls go against us, but in the long run, its still probably pretty even.</P>

stormblue
01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
what a bunch of maroons.
the call was correct.

deal with it.

Please stop abusing that warm, brownish shade of red, and please stop with the damn "you people" phraseology. That's what I want the rule to be!

The call was botched.

And coaching has everything to do with 53 individuals staying collectively focused in a hostile environment. This is in reference to another thread.

"the other well educated football savvy people
who happen to disagree with my humble opinion on this particular issue"

is so much harder to type than just
"you people"

beauford54
01-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Ok, I yield to chasjay, possibly a personal bias as a third option. The bottom line still remains the same, he should not be officiating if he has a personal bias. Good point though!

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:15 PM
If i remember correctly howie long made a comment that maybe the ref didn't get the chance to see the replay that was shown on tv
it sounded as if he was suggesting that could be something that would be done on purpose

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
what was the refs name who didn't overturn that call

beauford54
01-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Here is the article from the USA Today, once again proving THAT NOBODY ON THE PLANET WITH A HALFWAY DECENT SET OF EYES AND HALF A BRAIN thinks the call was right. Bill Leavy was the head moron...I mean ref.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/tv-analysts-rip-atrocious-one-sided-refs-in-giants-packers-new-york-giants-fox-espn-green-bay-packers-referees-officiating-/1?csp=hf

This guy needs to apologize to the Giants organization.

NYGFaninILL
01-16-2012, 04:30 PM

The first thing I looked for was the shin (based on the famous Amani Toomer call).* There was no way that any part of his leg, (ankle, shin etc..) was down before the ball came out.</P>

i am thrilled over this victory .... that has nothing to do my stance on any particular issue.

and even you must admit that my opinion about it being the right call has more merit

So your saying it was a good call despite the countless analyists on ESPN, NFLN, and FOX Sports saying otherwise.

Check that, NOBODY on twitter or TV, except for Green Bay and Dallas spottswriters said it was not a fumble.

You think rather highly of yourself, don't you?

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Not his first time
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Super-Bowl-XL-head-official-admits-to-blown-call?urn=nfl,260901

TroyArcher
01-16-2012, 04:32 PM

</P>

</P>

Theres bad and then there "give me an f/ing break"</P>

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Lets hope he is not on the field next week he is a California guy

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:38 PM
After super bowl 40 his quote

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better.... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough.... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[

Where is our apology maybe because we won he will not admit his bad calls

beauford54
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
OMG, what is this loser still doing officiating Football games??

NYGFaninILL
01-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Lets hope he is not on the field next week he is a California guy

I don't think he's allowed to be

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
And this ref Jeff Triplette had our first game against the pack which had the bad jennings td call and the no td call for ballard and also was the ref against the falcons last week which had plenty of bad calls against us and yep he was on the field again yesterday
is this really the cream of the crop

kodijake
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
The USA Today article is exactly right. The NFL really dodged a bullet yesterday. Look how pissed so many of us are and we won the game by double digits! If the Gmen had somehow lost, the reaction from 10 million Giants fans would have been unbelieveable. It's not just the Jennings play, it's the phantom hit callon Osi, the ridiculous spot onWare's should have been first down run and all that and more coupled with some non calls on blatant late hits on Eli. I don't go in for conspiracy talk or fixed games, if I beleived that were true, I couldn't watch football. But I do believe in human nature. Pure incompetence married with a private, personal , maybe not even fully realized bias forGreen Bay oragainst the Giants or both is what happened yesterday.The root cause is very clear, easy to diagnose, easy to fix. The head of each officiating team, plus a separate, impartial instantreview team located at NFL HQ should be employed full time by the league. A well paid, well trained, physcially fit employeeof the NFL, subject to league discipline, stern reviews after each game and ultimatelytermination for poor performance would not make the sameblatant mistakes we have seen so much in the NFL lately. Amulti billion dollar league can afford a few dozen well paid officials to ensure the integrity of their sport. At the very least, it would kill off all but the most wacky conspiracy theorists.

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 05:05 PM
On December 19, 1999, Triplette accidentally hit the Cleveland Browns' Orlando Brown in the eye with a penalty flag weighed with ball bearings

The next season, Triplette also accidentally struck Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Aaron Beasley in the helmet

Peyton Manning is a frequent user of the fake spike, and "sold it" so well in a 2001 game against New Orleans that Triplette blew the whistle to stop the play, costing the Colts a possible touchdown

WE NEED NEW REFS AND PREFERABLY ONES WHO DON'T COLLECT SOCIAL SECURITY

nygsb42champs
01-16-2012, 05:06 PM
It was horrible just like the first time we played the Packers.

stormblue
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM

So your saying it was a good call despite the countless analyists on ESPN, NFLN, and FOX Sports saying otherwise.

Check that, NOBODY on twitter or TV, except for Green Bay and Dallas spottswriters said it was not a fumble.

i'm saying that i thought the ankle and part of the shin were down.i could be wrong...i don't have hi-def.
everybody keeps asking how could he possibly make such a call.....i'm just giving a legitimate reason without accusing him of taking a bribe or questioning his ethics or knowledge of the rulebook.
all i heard from anybody anywhere is with reference to the knee.
the replay does NOT clearly , beyond a reasonable doubt prove/show that the
ankle/shin were NOT touching.
so he can't overturn.

and as far as thinking highly of myself i will admit to not having a low level of self esteem.
i'm sure the belief you have in your personal convictions doesn't necessarily make you arrogant either.

but there was no gravity until Newton
there was no relativity until Einstein

maybe i'm just the1st one with
the "shin theory"

mcmatty1984
01-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Fishy, it wasn't fishy. This is what is normal for the Giants. The fact of the matter is that these refs make their home in Dallas or anywhere else below the Mason Dixon line. New York is the most hated (or beloved) city in the entire country, and we get nothing. That is why our championships mean more, we beat the Goodall Zebras from Texas and some pretty damn good competition too. There will be no investigation. Hopefully the old ******* can apply for social security and drag himself off the field and straight into the COFFIN!!!

freeoscar
01-16-2012, 05:19 PM
here's what happened:
2 officials were in disagreement over whether the play was a fumble or not, and the head ref chose to overrule the fumble call, which means that he had some compelling reason to do so. Then he gets under the hood, and sees it the other way. But if he overrules his own decision to overrule, he looks like a clown (remember, he's been under heat for some bad games), so he just gives the meek, non-explanatory 'ruling on the field stands'. it was a panicked move to CYA, when would have been better served to just come clean. its a mistake that is very much a part of human nature.
which is why their should be a separate replay official who issues those judgements. like the courts - you don't appeal to the court who issued the judgement, but to a higher court.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 05:25 PM
here's what happened: 2 officials were in disagreement over whether the play was a fumble or not, and the head ref chose to overrule the fumble call, which means that he had some compelling reason to do so. Then he gets under the hood, and sees it the other way. But if he overrules his own decision to overrule, he looks like a clown (remember, he's been under heat for some bad games), so he just gives the meek, non-explanatory 'ruling on the field stands'. it was a panicked move to CYA, when would have been better served to just come clean. its a mistake that is very much a part of human nature. which is why their should be a separate replay official who issues those judgements. like the courts - you don't appeal to the court who issued the judgement, but to a higher court.</P>

He looks like a clown because he didn't fix a bad call.</P>

No one would be talking about this if he would have overturned the call. He wouldn't have looked like a tool at all.</P>

</P>

stormblue
01-16-2012, 05:27 PM
here's what happened:
2 officials were in disagreement over whether the play was a fumble or not, and the head ref chose to overrule the fumble call, which means that he had some compelling reason to do so. Then he gets under the hood, and sees it the other way. But if he overrules his own decision to overrule, he looks like a clown (remember, he's been under heat for some bad games), so he just gives the meek, non-explanatory 'ruling on the field stands'. it was a panicked move to CYA, when would have been better served to just come clean. its a mistake that is very much a part of human nature.
which is why their should be a separate replay official who issues those judgements. like the courts - you don't appeal to the court who issued the judgement, but to a higher court.

big ups ^^^ i like that idea.

harrycarson
01-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Weather or not the game was fixed or if the calls were just honest mistakes, honestly the point still remains. Basic human error is 3.67%...That means every basic human makes 3 to 4 errors out of 100. The officiating crew shold be judged as whole which I beleive they are. Basic human error is now out the window for an excuse for these gentlemen, they should be terminated. Instant replay needs to be reviewed by officials in a booth, not on the field. That chaned the whole game as we would have killed them terribly if not for that call. That one call made it so the Pack could then again still have the element of the run to their offense so the Gmen could not T-off on D.

beauford54
01-16-2012, 05:57 PM

i'm saying that i thought the ankle and part of the shin were down.i could be wrong...i don't have hi-def.
everybody keeps asking how could he possibly make such a call.....i'm just giving a legitimate reason without accusing him of taking a bribe or questioning his ethics or knowledge of the rulebook.
so he can't overturn.

and as far as thinking highly of myself i will admit to not having a low level of self esteem.
i'm sure the belief you have in your personal convictions doesn't necessarily make you arrogant either.

the "shin theory"

Hey Stormblue, you totally redeemed yourself in my opinion with the "shin theory" Now that's funny stuff!

However, isn't it physically impossible to have a shin go down before a knee? I mean think about it, how can a shin hit the the ground ever before a knee? I mean, unless your foot breaks off completely down, it just can't happen. And falling down from the back side, you can't hit your shin. So I guess I'm a little confused, but certainly appreciate your humor!!

stormblue
01-16-2012, 06:08 PM

so he can't overturn.

the "shin theory"

Hey Stormblue, you totally redeemed yourself in my opinion with the "shin theory" Now that's funny stuff!

However, isn't it physically impossible to have a shin go down before a knee? I mean think about it, how can a shin hit the the ground ever before a knee? I mean, unless your foot breaks off completely down, it just can't happen. And falling down from the back side, you can't hit your shin. So I guess I'm a little confused, but certainly appreciate your humor!!

lol.....yea i was just pointing out that everybody was so focussed on the knee that they ignored the full intent and meaning of the rule.

as it turns out , it was the "calf ".
but it still goes to the point i was trying to make

theres a thread here ;

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2431713.aspx

cheers.

beauford54
01-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Ok stormblue, I'll give you the calf! You da man.

miked1958
01-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Does anyone think there was something fishy with the officiating for yesterday's Giants game?

The refs in that game should be investigated to see if they were paid by someone to "fix" the game for the Packers.

Any thoughts?
I agree. Those calls could of cost us that game. Something needs to be done

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-16-2012, 06:55 PM
If there is a conspiracy, maybe it will go in the Giants favor this weekend. Nothing would be bigger than a Giants/Patriots Super Bowl rematch. A "Harbaugh Bowl" would be a distant second.

Nice thing is, the Patriots are going to kill the Ravens. Therefore, their will be no "Harbaugh Bowl," and no incentive to throw the game in the 49ers favor. A GMEN V. Pats rematch is a better game and will get better ratings.

mike kennedy
01-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Here today, gone tomorrow!

bigblue5611
01-16-2012, 09:52 PM
</P>

There is nothing fishy at all about it.* the guy just made a terrible call and should probably be fired for it.</P>

But the suggestion that the league is out to get us, or is trying to*move certain teams forward is nuts!!</P>

Do any of you have any idea how much additional revenue the league earns if a New York team makes the suberbowl?** Its huge.* Why on earth (if they were corrupt) would they be corrupt in the direction of making far LESS money.</P>

*This needs to stop.</P>

i agree, this is a competence/professionalism issue with the refs(the part-time ref thing is the last vestige of the "mom & pop" approach the league took in the early days..), rather than corruption or fixing...BELIEVE ME all concerned, NFL, FOX, Vegas, corporate America, etc would far prefer an engaged New York market for this weekend's game than little Green Bay....

Giants-NJ
01-17-2012, 11:50 AM
"How can the guy have a hook on his foot"?

elaherb
02-14-2012, 04:28 PM
It was the same in the SUPER BOWL.The cream of the officals were named for this game.constant holding by the ol to keep BRADYSAFE.ONECALLTHENMADEUP WITH PHANTHOM CALL AGAINSTUS. EVEN WORSE WAS THE DEFENCIVE BACKS MAKINGCONTACT AFTER 5 YARDS ALL GAME ANDS NO CALLS.IT'S FISHY BU THEY DID NOT WANT THE GIANTS TO WIN THE DIVISIONOR ANY THINGELSE./

Tony Bruno
02-14-2012, 05:27 PM
We beat the best teams and the refs for this SB and man was it all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

miked1958
02-14-2012, 10:11 PM
We beat the best teams and the refs for this SB and man was it all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep. Most teams have to just beat the team they are playing. We had to beat the team, the Refs and all the injuries this year

miked1958
02-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Incredible