PDA

View Full Version : Can You Believe That ESPN First Take Still Says NO To Eli Being Elite?

bigblue58
01-16-2012, 01:48 PM
According to Skip Clueless and Rob whatever his name is : Eli can only be considered "elite", if and when he wins another SB!!!.
Are they kidding me or what???
I realize that there is a completely different and lets face it (unfair) criteria for judging Eli in gasbag land, but not considering him elite unless he delivers another ring??? That's a whole different level of unfair AND stupid...even for talking heads!
What they haven't explained as of yet however, is why the other so called "elite" QB's, with the exception of Tom Brady (who Eli beat 2/3 times, once in the SB) are all watching the playoffs at home...... or how they consider Peyton to be "elite" while admitting he's not clutch, especially in the post season but Eli who IS clutch in big games, especially the post season is NOT "elite"!
Whats even harder to fathom is how Skip Clueless can make a stronger argument in favor of a nobody like Tim Tebow, than he can for an accomplished SB MVP QB like Eli who carried his team in 2011 all the way to the NFC CG!

DartLax 36
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
It's their job to be inflammatory.. it gets people talking about them and their show (see this thread).

Stop feeding the flames.

bigblue58
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
It's their job to be inflammatory.. it gets people talking about them and their show (see this thread).

Stop feeding the flames.
ok

Pakman
01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Atleast Skip had sort of a logical argument. The dude that looked like an Alien was clearly angry about the loss.

People keep bringing up the Seattle game lol...why are people even talking about that game?

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
We were having this discussion over on Sportswrath, and a couple of guys made some great points.</P>

With Eli at QB, I feel like the Giants are capable of beating ANYONE. </P>

If that's not elite, then **** the term entirely.</P>

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
According to Skip Clueless and Rob whatever his name is : Eli can only be considered "elite", if and when he wins another SB!!!.

So, riddle me this, Skippy. Are Brees, Rodgers and Peyton NOT elite because they only have ONE SB win???

If you're gonna justify something, be consisted you idiot! Stop finding silly, inarguable reasons not to consider Eli elite.

dan1552
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
I realize that there is a completely different and lets face it (unfair) criteria for judging Eli in gasbag land, but not considering him elite unless he delivers another ring??? That's a whole different level of unfair AND stupid...even for talking heads!
What they haven't explained as of yet however, is why the other so called "elite" QB's, with the exception of Tom Brady (who Eli beat 2/3 times, once in the SB) are all watching the playoffs at home...... or how they consider Peyton to be "elite" while admitting he's not clutch, especially in the post season but Eli who IS clutch in big games, especially the post season is NOT "elite"!
Whats even harder to fathom is how Skip Clueless can make a stronger argument in favor of a nobody like Tim Tebow, than he can for an accomplished SB MVP QB like Eli who carried his team in 2011 all the way to the NFC CG!

NFL network last night after the game rich eisen made deion sanders admit ELI was elite.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
According to Skip Clueless and Rob whatever his name is : Eli can only be considered "elite", if and when he wins another SB!!!. Are they kidding me or what??? So, riddle me this, Skippy. Are Brees, Rodgers and Peyton NOT elite because they only have ONE SB win??? If you're gonna justify something, be consisted you idiot! Stop finding silly, inarguable reasons not to consider Eli elite.</P>

they'll just say we won that SB based on our defense more than on Eli's play.</P>

they'd be wrong of course, we couldn't have won that SB without a QB with ice water in his veins, but when you hate, it clouds your judgement.</P>

Mark444
01-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Rob Parker is Really bad, hes almost as bad as Steven A Smith

I have to agree with some of Skip's points but i still think eli is Elite