PDA

View Full Version : OSI is a one-trick pony

Mercury
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
However, that one-trick is a pretty good one! We definitely needed him yesterday, he made a huge difference out there. (I am not saying a word about his contract situation. That waits until the off-season.)

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Not really a harsh term for a DE. There aren't too many exceptional complete DEs'.

JPP, Tuck, Cole, Peppers, Allen are top 5 that come to mind.

NYFan221
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Not really a harsh term for a DE. There aren't too many exceptional complete DEs'.

drop tuck, add baybin.

NYFan221
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM

drop tuck, add baybin.

jjj45
01-16-2012, 02:25 PM

drop tuck, add baybin.
LOL!

BigBlueOnes
01-16-2012, 02:27 PM

drop tuck, add baybin.

This is awesome, a joke to start my day...

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 04:51 PM

drop tuck, add baybin.
I said complete DE.

I'm a big fan of Babin, but Osi and Babin are comparable in the run game. They are servicable, but not above average, in any light. Babin is an excellent wide 9 rusher, maybe a top 5-7 pass rusher, but he's not even a top 20 run stopper in my opinion.

Bavaro4Prez
01-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Say what you want... I'd take Osi over Tuck in a hearbeat.

Osi is a straight-up game changer. Period. End of story.

No one gets to the ball and gets more strips than him. He is remarkable at that.

Pay him whatever he wants in the off season.

AntB
01-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Tuck is playing enselfishly, filling in at tackle and doing whatever the team needs him to do to win without regard for his own stats or sac's. He has become a Harry Caeson type leader and a key to the foundation of the defense along with the emergence of ou defensive tackles.

buddy33
01-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Tuck is a top 5 DE in the NFL.

I don't know what some of you are thinking.

nygsb42champs
01-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes he is but that one trick is dynamite.

SweetZombieJesus
01-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Tuck is playing enselfishly, filling in at tackle and doing whatever the team needs him to do to win without regard for his own stats or sac's. He has become a Harry Caeson type leader and a key to the foundation of the defense along with the emergence of ou defensive tackles.

He's also playing at a bargain rate, Reese extended his contract for a bargain after the Super Bowl. He's honoring his contract and playing through it hoping to be rewarded, as opposed to someone else who whines about his contract and holds out from training camp and demands a trade.