PDA

View Full Version : Officiating...is it that inept, or maybe corrupt?

Razur
01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Watching the past weeks games, ( since the Jets game ) leading into post season, it is obvious that the calls going against the Giants have been questionable at best. The fact that both commentators during the game , Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, publicly announced their disapproval, brought in FOX's "expert" on staff Zebra to conclude the same results, the entire Sports media report today on the blatant "BAD CALLS" by Bill Levy's team in the Packers game, does this in any way raise an alarm to Goodell? Can we have that many idiots on the field at this level of the season making just ' bad calls" ? or is it a more serious problem that may point to corruption of the Officiating system? Should some invetsigation be nade into the Leauge now? Any thoughts? Please refrain from sarcasm, as this to me is a serious matter. I can't fathom how ONE person under a secluded darkened video replay in slow motion, can not see what MILLIONS saw on National TV. Something is very very wrong here.

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Watching the past weeks games, ( since the Jets game ) leading into post season, it is obvious that the calls going against the Giants have been questionable at best. The fact that both commentators during the game , Troy Aikman and Joe Buck, publicly announced their disapproval, brought in FOX's "expert" on staff Zebra to conclude the same results, the entire Sports media report today on the blatant "BAD CALLS" by Bill Levy's team in the Packers game, does this in any way raise an alarm to Goodell? Can we have that many idiots on the field at this level of the season making just ' bad calls" ? or is it a more serious problem that may point to corruption of the Officiating system? Should some invetsigation be nade into the Leauge now? Any thoughts? Please refrain from sarcasm, as this to me is a serious matter. I can't fathom how ONE person under a secluded darkened video replay in slow motion, can not see what MILLIONS saw on National TV. Something is very very wrong here.

agreed...

TuckYou
01-16-2012, 02:44 PM
I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I LIKE CORRUPT,THEY TRYED TO FIX THE GAME!!!!

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 02:47 PM
when there's money involved there's always a chance for corruption.</P>

but there's no pattern to bad call games, and other teams (small market) usually have more of a cause for corruption concerns than teams like us (not that it's impossible that someone's working the system for our loss).</P>

You ask goodell when he's smashed who he would want in the SB and he'll pick the two largest market teams in the NFL every single time.</P>

Morehead State
01-16-2012, 02:49 PM
I LIKE CORRUPT,THEY TRYED TO FIX THE GAME!!!!</P>

Everybody just stop this nonsense!!!</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>I'm sure the NFL hates all that extra revenue when a New York team is in the playoffs and/or the Superbowl. Those extra millions upon millions are a real burden to those owners.</FONT></P>

jhamburg
01-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.

If it was a money/vegas thing, I don't think refs would be blowing huge calls in huge games like this, I think it would be more subtle since they're just trying to shave points to swing a cover/no cover.

Razur
01-16-2012, 02:53 PM

I hope you meant "naive", becuse I am not ignorant., But to you point that sickens me if that is the case.

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd say inept.</P>

The NFL needs to get into the 21st century. This is a multi-billion dollar industry, this should be a full time position.....right now, it's a contract deal and all these refs are big shot attorneys, bankers, and CEOs. </P>

They should hire ex-football players, and pay them serious cash.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.</P>

alot of new england fans would agree with you.</P>

there's reems of youtube vidoes explaining our our SB win was fixed by the officials.</P>

if vegas/$$$$$ is influencing games, sometimes its going to be in our favor.</P>

jhamburg
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
I think it is very ignorant to think that Vegas/$$$$ isnt influencing the calls on the field.</P>

there's reems of youtube vidoes explaining our our SB win was fixed by the officials.</P>

The thought of some sulking Boston fans meticulously piecing together videos to prove they should have won a game 4 years ago is extremely entertaining to me.

Gmen2005
01-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Well if it is corrupt, I hope that Levy put his life savings on the packers and lost.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM

The thought of some sulking Boston fans meticulously piecing together videos to prove they should have won a game 4 years ago is extremely entertaining to me.</P>

same here !</P>

but this 'corruption' thing is a double edged sword.</P>

Razur
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM

The thought of some sulking Boston fans meticulously piecing together videos to prove they should have won a game 4 years ago is extremely entertaining to me.

Sulking?? Dude I'm a relocated brooklynite living in Nothern NE..sulking is an understatement..they are obsessed with season, and flat out refuse to accept that loss ..STILL... : ) it's hillarious.

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Well if it is corrupt, I hope that Levy put his life savings on the packers and lost.

amen brother...

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
When Philadelphia Eagles fans are bashing the officiating against the Giants, you know it's inept.</P>

</P>

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/635683-worst-refereed-playoff-game-ever/</P>

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 03:09 PM
When Philadelphia Eagles fans are bashing the officiating against the Giants, you know it's inept.</p>

</p>

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/635683-worst-refereed-playoff-game-ever/</p>

lol

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 03:12 PM
WOW.</P>

</P>

don't see that every day.</P>

chasjay
01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
I am not going to jump on the conspiracy train - HOWEVER - something went on with the calls yesterday that went beyond (or fell short of) honest mistakes. I don't know what - perhaps it was no more than the personal bias of an official or two (which is bad enough) - but my faith in logic will not allow me to believe that "honest mistake" explains it all. The only way Leavy could have seen "down by contact" on that replay, instead of a fumble, would have been to have an hallucination while reviewing the tape.

Razur
01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
When Philadelphia Eagles fans are bashing the officiating against the Giants, you know it's inept.</p>

*</p>

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/635683-worst-refereed-playoff-game-ever/</p>

lol

Again..something stinks here..when a rival, arch enemy fan, concludes the same...wow...wtf?