PDA

View Full Version : Francesa's an Idiot

jgrangers11
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I know people are going to say "duh", but is anyone watching or listening to him? He has no idea what the call was on that fumble. He thinks the call on the field was a fumble and it was overturned. He doesn't realize that the call was overruled when they went to commercial and that the ref said the call on the field STANDS.

I know this doesn't matter, but it's bugging the heck out of me enough to start a thread on it. Why somebody hasn't gotten in this guy's ear to correct him is beyond me.

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 01:58 PM
yea I saw that lol

Gmen2005
01-16-2012, 02:00 PM
That was pretty bad, and he wouldn't let the guy explain what really happened. I like listening to him, but he interrupts EVERYONE.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I heard it. I've never called into WFAN but I wanted to at that point because he was being such an idiot.

To be honest, I'm pissed because I'm listening to him. *turns radio off*

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
That was pretty bad, and he wouldn't let the guy explain what really happened. I like listening to him, but he interrupts EVERYONE.

yea he had that dumb look when he realized priceless lol

manning to shockey
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM
yeah im listening now on the iphone and I was yelling to myself. "MIKE SHUT THE HELL UP THE GUY IS RIGHT"

repeatchamps
01-16-2012, 02:10 PM
yeah im listening now on the iphone and I was yelling to myself. "MIKE SHUT THE HELL UP THE GUY IS RIGHT"</P>

To be fair he corrected himself.</P>

jgrangers11
01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
yeah im listening now on the iphone and I was yelling to myself. "MIKE SHUT THE HELL UP THE GUY IS RIGHT"</P>

To be fair he corrected himself.</P>

I must've missed it. Sometimes he's just so stubborn it's frustrating

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
now he wants to change the subject lol

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 02:14 PM
yeah im listening now on the iphone and I was yelling to myself. "MIKE SHUT THE HELL UP THE GUY IS RIGHT"</p>

To be fair he corrected himself.</p>

I must've missed it. Sometimes he's just so stubborn it's frustrating

+1

:)

scoopscj
01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
now he wants to change the subject lol

WFAN is the reason I bought a Sirius radio for my house. How long until he talks Yankees?

Scoops

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
can u believe this ... 1st he doesn't even know they changed the call on the field ... did he even watch the game???

he hates the Giants and his objectivity is affected by it

making me sick, maybe that is what he wants to do .. fire us up, flood the phone lines, but he is supposed to have knowledge and he sounds stupid

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 02:18 PM
can u believe this ... 1st he doesn't even know they changed the call on the field ... did he even watch the game???

he hates the Giants and his objectivity is affected by it</p>

making me sick, maybe that is what he wants to do .. fire us up, flood the phone lines, but he is supposed to have knowledge and he sounds stupid</p>

</p>

this is priceless....</p>

he's talking new orleans as if we facing them lol
</p>

Snappinnecks
Yeah but the Giant fans that are calling keep harping on the one call. I think there was a little more to the game than that call. Enough already!

Voldamort
sometime's

MaCkTiC
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1233796/dac52898b87e9b9a2d5629d9267e3376_original.jpg

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 02:21 PM
oh here we go, more excuses for Green Bay

NE BYE WIN

SF BYE WIN

Baltimore BYE WIN

please!!!!!!

repeatchamps
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM

<U>he hates the Giants and his objectivity is affected by it</U>

making me sick, maybe that is what he wants to do .. fire us up, flood the phone lines, but he is supposed to have knowledge and he sounds stupid

This outrageously incorrect. He does not hate the Giants. He is a closet Giants fan folks. You'd know what I am saying if you heard him after the 1997 playoff loss to the Vikes where they blew a 22-3 lead and lost under Fassel. The man was truly emotionally wounded after that game. You can hear it in his voice. Neverheard the emotion pour out of him like I did that day. He may not be a ra ra Giants fan but he most certainly does not hate them far from it.</P>

TrueBlue88
01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
After realizing he had no idea what actually happened in the play, he continues "uh, either way it was being challenged" ..ummm, NO, any coach who sees that replay on a big screen is keeping the challenge flag in his sock. What an uninformed tool.....

Mike Francesa is NEVER wrong! - Signed: Mike Francesa

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 02:33 PM

This outrageously incorrect. He does not hate the Giants. He is a closet Giants fan folks. You'd know what I am saying if you heard him after the 1997 playoff loss to the Vikes where they blew a 22-3 lead and lost under Fassel. The man was truly emotionally wounded after that game. You can hear it in his voice. Never*heard the emotion pour out of him like I did that day. He may not be a ra ra Giants fan but he most certainly does not hate them far from it.</P>

please he is a Parcells fan .. he rooted for the Cowboys when Bill was there ... no Giants fan roots for the Cowboys ... listen he is probably just trying to fire us up today, but how can you not know the sequence of events on a huge play in the game ... no Giants fan would not have known that ... it was such an infuriating play

Roswell777
01-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Francesa likes himself, the Yanks, diet coke, cake and the Giants.

In that order

CTLadyBlue
01-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I listened to his opening statement today and he in no way downplayed the Giants play nor blamed the poor play of GB - IMO. He gave the Giants massive props (as did Carton this am who, much to my surprise, picked the Giants to win - surprise!)

Mike pretty much summed it up that the Giants kept Rodgers and his receivers off their rhythem all day and Giants made key plays when they had to - taking advantage of mistakes GB hadn't made all year

freeoscar
01-16-2012, 04:06 PM
it was surprising that he didn't know the sequence of events in that play, because it mattered:
The head ref overturned the initial call of the official who ruled fumble. that same head ref is the one who decides the outcome of the replay. so if he overturned the non-fumble call, he would have been overruling the same call twice, which would seriously impact his credibility. That's why you should have a separate replay official - there is too much potential for conflict of interest.

mcmatty1984
01-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Yea, If I was as bad at my job they would kick me off Wall St and probably throw me in prison. Screw that *******. How on Earth do some people earn a salary?

nygsb42champs
01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
He did correct himself about 5 minutes after that.

buddy33
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
I don't know how anyone listens to him.

He doesn't even like football. He would rather talk about baseball.

Just get Sirius. You will not be disappointed.

FBomb
01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
I don't know how anyone listens to him. He doesn't even like football. He would rather talk about baseball. Just get Sirius. You will not be disappointed.</P>

This.</P>

repeatchamps
01-16-2012, 04:22 PM

This outrageously incorrect. He does not hate the Giants. He is a closet Giants fan folks. You'd know what I am saying if you heard him after the 1997 playoff loss to the Vikes where they blew a 22-3 lead and lost under Fassel. The man was truly emotionally wounded after that game. You can hear it in his voice. Neverheard the emotion pour out of him like I did that day. He may not be a ra ra Giants fan but he most certainly does not hate them far from it.</P>

please he is a Parcells fan .. he rooted for the Cowboys when Bill was there ... no Giants fan roots for the Cowboys ... listen he is probably just trying to fire us up today, but how can you not know the sequence of events on a huge play in the game ... no Giants fan would not have known that ... it was such an infuriating play</P>

There is no denying he puts Parcells ahead of everyone and everything but when that factor is removed he is a Giants fan. Like I said not die-hard but a Giants fan nonetheless.</P>

StrahanTuck
01-16-2012, 05:04 PM
How has he not gotten the **** kicked out of him? He is so arrogant and rude towards people that call, acting like he's holier than thou. The guy wasn't even an athlete. Yet, he has this aura of "I'm better than you."

TroyArcher
01-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't think he watches the games. I am not kidding.

arrjay
01-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I know people are going to say "duh", but is anyone watching or listening to him? He has no idea what the call was on that fumble. He thinks the call on the field was a fumble and it was overturned. He doesn't realize that the call was overruled when they went to commercial and that the ref said the call on the field STANDS. I know this doesn't matter, but it's bugging the heck out of me enough to start a thread on it. Why somebody hasn't gotten in this guy's ear to correct him is beyond me.</P>

</P>

fatcessa is clueless.....</P>