PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forecasted on Sunday

Manning4MVP
01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/San+Francisco+CA+USCA0987

This could work out to be a big advantage to the 49ers. It will be harder to throw the ball, and they are better at stopping the run and running the ball.

Gmen2005
01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Manning had one of his better days throwing in the rain against the cowboys. I think this favors the Giants.

Diamondring
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
You are right, that can be a bad thing. Our runnning game has improved but not to the point to run like a running team.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 03:03 PM

This could work out to be a big advantage to the 49ers. It will be harder to throw the ball, and they are better at stopping the run and running the ball.
</P>

Yep.</P>

that sucks.</P>

PLEASE NO RAIN !!!!!!!</P>

Giants Of New Jersey
01-16-2012, 03:05 PM
ok so we load up against the run,,,,,,,, and make alex smith throw a slick ball against our pass rush? im confident either way

Jet-Blue
01-16-2012, 03:32 PM
I do not give the weatherman that much credit, wait until Saturday and then talk weather. About this time before the Atlanta game they were talking rain.

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 03:38 PM
eli will be the man again,can you say superbowl for the new york football giants

G-Man67
01-16-2012, 03:45 PM
yeah the game will be decided by turnovers and rain will factor into that

so long as it is not windy and not like a torrential downpour, Eli won't have trouble chucking it and CBs have to make more violent cuts than WRs, so the passing game should be fine .. just worry about drops and turnovers

TrueBlue07
01-16-2012, 03:47 PM
it's supposed to rain all week in SF, and their field is notorious for
being a mess. Im not sure who this would end up favoring but I would
think a slick field isn't good for a guy like O$i. That's just a guess
on my part though.

TheCatchIII
01-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Yep, rain starting Wed night and continuing through game time. It is going to be a mud fest.

OX1
01-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Manning had one of his better days throwing in the rain against the cowboys. I think this favors the Giants.

I was worried @ that cowgirls game and it was coming down like a mofo near the beginning. Did not seem to affect ELI @ all. Only 2 things that can stop us @ this point, Injuries and the refs.............

Down-lifer
01-16-2012, 03:56 PM
No matter what the weather is, the Giants are going to win! Super Bowl here we come!!!!!!!

krygny
01-16-2012, 04:12 PM

</p>

Yep.</p>

that sucks.</p>

PLEASE NO RAIN !!!!!!!</p>
I disagree. Eli is a very good bad-weather QB. I recall a deluge down in Washington two years ago and Eli played very well. Nothing bothers him. The guy should have been a special forces commando.

Gmen2005
01-16-2012, 04:19 PM

</p>

Yep.</p>

that sucks.</p>

PLEASE NO RAIN !!!!!!!</p>
I disagree. Eli is a very good bad-weather QB. I recall a deluge down in Washington two years ago and Eli played very well. Nothing bothers him. The guy should have been a special forces commando.

He has really stepped his game up in all kinds of conditions. He's really used to New York weather these days.

buddy33
01-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Why would Eli not be able to throw in the rain?

Does Smith have a super ability to throw in the rain that Eli does not have?

NYBlue10
01-16-2012, 04:57 PM
49ers have more deficiencies than the Giants, I would take the rain and make Alex Smith throw the ball any day, Eli has a huge edge if 49ers do the same. This team is the most complete team left in the playoffs.

buddy33
01-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Wouldn't the rain slow down a very good running game?

Bavaro4Prez
01-16-2012, 05:01 PM
This is a silly topic.

Now he can't throw in the rain? Nonsense.

Rumor has it the sun sets in the West. I hope this is not true as it may effect our pass rush.

Manning4MVP
01-16-2012, 08:22 PM
This is a silly topic.

Now he can't throw in the rain? Nonsense.

Rumor has it the sun sets in the West. I hope this is not true as it may effect our pass rush.

Where did I once say he can't throw in the rain? If it's raining you are obviously going to want to go with the run game, in which case the Niners have the upper hand.