PDA

View Full Version : CASH STRAPPED PLAYERS SEEKING HIGH INTEREST LOANS

RoanokeFan
04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
AN OPEN LETTER TO NFL PLAYERS ON HOW TO PUBLICLY DISCUSS THE LOCKOUT (http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/201104/open-letter-nfl-players-how-publicly-discuss-lockout)

Excerpt: "Dear Players:

I hope this finds you well. Like you, I hope this dispute is resolved in a
timely manner and that the damage is temporary and minimal. That said, you could
go a long way towards ensuring that's the case. </p>

I know in recent weeks some of you have gone public with your thoughts on the
current state of things. For the most part, this has gone well and I applaud
your efforts.</p>

I especially commend those of you who have tried to soothe the fans' angst by
admitting that the specter of rich people fighting wealthy people over money is
just absurd. "It's never a good look for the fans to have the players and the
owners arguing over money," Jonathan Vilma said, "and so hopefully we can get it
worked out as soon as possible and get back playing." Vilma is absolutely right
in his approach. Keep the focus on the fans. Tell them you're well aware of the
fact you make a living playing a game and that, in any context, this dispute is
nothing short of offensive.</p>

But you should also know that this won't always ease the fans' pain. See, a
lot of folks are bitter, angry and disillusioned. They're out of work and being
forced to make painful lifestyle changes at a time when they should be enjoying
the fruits of a lifetime of labor. These people don't want to hear anything
about the "business of the game." As far as they're concerned, there is no
business. They don't go to games because they can't afford tickets. Their
experience comes through the screen. For them, 'ball is escapism, nothing more.
So keep it positive, but at this point don't expect to change anyone's mind.</p>

Derrick Mason's recent statement, in which he called Roger Goddell a "joke,"
is an example of what not to do. In one sense, it's bold and daring and
frightfully candid. In Mason's case, it's not a totally bad idea. For him the
risk is minimal because, at 36 years old, Mason is at the end of his career. So
he can afford to exit in a blaze of controversial glory. </p>

Athletes who make audacious statements in regards to the league are often
praised for their so-called "objectivity" and rewarded with plum media
opportunities. But I would advise against doing what Mason did. The commissioner
isn't a former teammate, coach or some expendable player; he's part of a more
broad and unforgiving framework of power. So any attacks on him will be seen as
an attack on all executives. Like I said, right now, it's better to focus your
energy on the fans' concerns.</p>

And that reminds me: I suppose this should be aimed at black guys in
particular, but all references to slavery should be avoided altogether. While I
appreciate Adrian Peterson's efforts to discuss the complicated nuances of labor
practices, he has to find a better way to reach his audience." Read more...</p>CASH STRAPPED PLAYERS SEEKING HIGH INTEREST LOANS (http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/tpg-exclusive-cash-strapped-nfl-players-seeking-high-risk-lockout-loans)

Excerpt: "As the NFL lockout enters its second month, players from at least 16 teams
have already sought out extremely aggressive short-term loans with high interest
rates, ThePostGame.com has learned.

According to a financing source, these interest rates range from 18 percent
to 24 percent, and upon default, they can rise as high as 36 percent.</p>

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks
ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help
keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was
created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by
the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial
ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan
market has begun to attract players.</p>
"There are a lot of people out there pitching these things," an attorney who
has advised players on such loans told ThePostGame.com on the condition of
anonymity. "Itís almost predatory lending. It's people going to guys who they
know are already in debt, or donít have the ability to pay their bills during
the year and [lending them money] at such obscene terms, that you say, 'Hey, no
one would ever sign something like this.' But a lot of players are." Read more...

Redeyejedi
04-17-2011, 07:50 PM
AN OPEN LETTER TO NFL PLAYERS ON HOW TO PUBLICLY DISCUSS THE LOCKOUT (http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/201104/open-letter-nfl-players-how-publicly-discuss-lockout)

I hope this finds you well. Like you, I hope this dispute is resolved in a timely manner and that the damage is temporary and minimal. That said, you could go a long way towards ensuring that's the case. </P>

I know in recent weeks some of you have gone public with your thoughts on the current state of things. For the most part, this has gone well and I applaud your efforts.</P>

I especially commend those of you who have tried to soothe the fans' angst by admitting that the specter of rich people fighting wealthy people over money is just absurd. "It's never a good look for the fans to have the players and the owners arguing over money," Jonathan Vilma said, "and so hopefully we can get it worked out as soon as possible and get back playing." Vilma is absolutely right in his approach. Keep the focus on the fans. Tell them you're well aware of the fact you make a living playing a game and that, in any context, this dispute is nothing short of offensive.</P>

But you should also know that this won't always ease the fans' pain. See, a lot of folks are bitter, angry and disillusioned. They're out of work and being forced to make painful lifestyle changes at a time when they should be enjoying the fruits of a lifetime of labor. These people don't want to hear anything about the "business of the game." As far as they're concerned, there is no business. They don't go to games because they can't afford tickets. Their experience comes through the screen. For them, 'ball is escapism, nothing more. So keep it positive, but at this point don't expect to change anyone's mind.</P>

Derrick Mason's recent statement, in which he called Roger Goddell a "joke," is an example of what not to do. In one sense, it's bold and daring and frightfully candid. In Mason's case, it's not a totally bad idea. For him the risk is minimal because, at 36 years old, Mason is at the end of his career. So he can afford to exit in a blaze of controversial glory. </P>

Athletes who make audacious statements in regards to the league are often praised for their so-called "objectivity" and rewarded with plum media opportunities. But I would advise against doing what Mason did. The commissioner isn't a former teammate, coach or some expendable player; he's part of a more broad and unforgiving framework of power. So any attacks on him will be seen as an attack on all executives. Like I said, right now, it's better to focus your energy on the fans' concerns.</P>

And that reminds me: I suppose this should be aimed at black guys in particular, but all references to slavery should be avoided altogether. While I appreciate Adrian Peterson's efforts to discuss the complicated nuances of labor practices, he has to find a better way to reach his audience." Read more...</P>CASH STRAPPED PLAYERS SEEKING HIGH INTEREST LOANS (http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/tpg-exclusive-cash-strapped-nfl-players-seeking-high-risk-lockout-loans)

Excerpt: "As the NFL lockout enters its second month, players from at least 16 teams have already sought out extremely aggressive short-term loans with high interest rates, ThePostGame.com has learned.

According to a financing source, these interest rates range from 18 percent to 24 percent, and upon default, they can rise as high as 36 percent.</P>

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan market has begun to attract players.</P>"There are a lot of people out there pitching these things," an attorney who has advised players on such loans told ThePostGame.com on the condition of anonymity. "Itís almost predatory lending. It's people going to guys who they know are already in debt, or donít have the ability to pay their bills during the year and [lending them money] at such obscene terms, that you say, 'Hey, no one would ever sign something like this.' But a lot of players are." Read more... Seriously what are these guys doing that they need short term loans. If u have a huge contract u should not be having finical difficulty this fast and if you have a smaller contract you shouldnt be living like a multi millionaire to the point u need money floated to U. What I dont understand is dont NFL players get paid weekly by game checks during the season. So why would they expect to have cash coming in now anyway.Some players get guaranteed bonus money on the first day of the league year but not all contracts are written like that, Im puzzled by this

RoanokeFan
04-17-2011, 08:02 PM

I hope this finds you well. Like you, I hope this dispute is resolved in a timely manner and that the damage is temporary and minimal. That said, you could go a long way towards ensuring that's the case. </p>

I know in recent weeks some of you have gone public with your thoughts on the current state of things. For the most part, this has gone well and I applaud your efforts.</p>

I especially commend those of you who have tried to soothe the fans' angst by admitting that the specter of rich people fighting wealthy people over money is just absurd. "It's never a good look for the fans to have the players and the owners arguing over money," Jonathan Vilma said, "and so hopefully we can get it worked out as soon as possible and get back playing." Vilma is absolutely right in his approach. Keep the focus on the fans. Tell them you're well aware of the fact you make a living playing a game and that, in any context, this dispute is nothing short of offensive.</p>

But you should also know that this won't always ease the fans' pain. See, a lot of folks are bitter, angry and disillusioned. They're out of work and being forced to make painful lifestyle changes at a time when they should be enjoying the fruits of a lifetime of labor. These people don't want to hear anything about the "business of the game." As far as they're concerned, there is no business. They don't go to games because they can't afford tickets. Their experience comes through the screen. For them, 'ball is escapism, nothing more. So keep it positive, but at this point don't expect to change anyone's mind.</p>

Derrick Mason's recent statement, in which he called Roger Goddell a "joke," is an example of what not to do. In one sense, it's bold and daring and frightfully candid. In Mason's case, it's not a totally bad idea. For him the risk is minimal because, at 36 years old, Mason is at the end of his career. So he can afford to exit in a blaze of controversial glory. </p>

Athletes who make audacious statements in regards to the league are often praised for their so-called "objectivity" and rewarded with plum media opportunities. But I would advise against doing what Mason did. The commissioner isn't a former teammate, coach or some expendable player; he's part of a more broad and unforgiving framework of power. So any attacks on him will be seen as an attack on all executives. Like I said, right now, it's better to focus your energy on the fans' concerns.</p>

And that reminds me: I suppose this should be aimed at black guys in particular, but all references to slavery should be avoided altogether. While I appreciate Adrian Peterson's efforts to discuss the complicated nuances of labor practices, he has to find a better way to reach his audience." Read more...</p>CASH STRAPPED PLAYERS SEEKING HIGH INTEREST LOANS (http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/tpg-exclusive-cash-strapped-nfl-players-seeking-high-risk-lockout-loans)

Excerpt: "As the NFL lockout enters its second month, players from at least 16 teams have already sought out extremely aggressive short-term loans with high interest rates, ThePostGame.com has learned.

According to a financing source, these interest rates range from 18 percent to 24 percent, and upon default, they can rise as high as 36 percent.</p>

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan market has begun to attract players.</p>"There are a lot of people out there pitching these things," an attorney who has advised players on such loans told ThePostGame.com on the condition of anonymity. "Itís almost predatory lending. It's people going to guys who they know are already in debt, or donít have the ability to pay their bills during the year and [lending them money] at such obscene terms, that you say, 'Hey, no one would ever sign something like this.' But a lot of players are." Read more... Seriously what are these guys doing that they need short term loans. If u have a huge contract u should not be having finical difficulty this fast and if you have a smaller contract you shouldnt be living like a multi millonare to the point u need money floated to U. What I dont understand is dont NFL players get paid weekly by game checks during the season. So why would they expect to have cash coming in now anyway.Some players get guarenteed bonus money on the first day of the league year but not all contracts are written like that, Im puzzled by this

They have the same issues we'd have if we were laid off. Mortgages, loans, car payments, etc. Same stuff, different level. They get paid big and the live big.

Redeyejedi
04-17-2011, 08:14 PM

I hope this finds you well. Like you, I hope this dispute is resolved in a timely manner and that the damage is temporary and minimal. That said, you could go a long way towards ensuring that's the case. </P>

I know in recent weeks some of you have gone public with your thoughts on the current state of things. For the most part, this has gone well and I applaud your efforts.</P>

I especially commend those of you who have tried to soothe the fans' angst by admitting that the specter of rich people fighting wealthy people over money is just absurd. "It's never a good look for the fans to have the players and the owners arguing over money," Jonathan Vilma said, "and so hopefully we can get it worked out as soon as possible and get back playing." Vilma is absolutely right in his approach. Keep the focus on the fans. Tell them you're well aware of the fact you make a living playing a game and that, in any context, this dispute is nothing short of offensive.</P>

But you should also know that this won't always ease the fans' pain. See, a lot of folks are bitter, angry and disillusioned. They're out of work and being forced to make painful lifestyle changes at a time when they should be enjoying the fruits of a lifetime of labor. These people don't want to hear anything about the "business of the game." As far as they're concerned, there is no business. They don't go to games because they can't afford tickets. Their experience comes through the screen. For them, 'ball is escapism, nothing more. So keep it positive, but at this point don't expect to change anyone's mind.</P>

Derrick Mason's recent statement, in which he called Roger Goddell a "joke," is an example of what not to do. In one sense, it's bold and daring and frightfully candid. In Mason's case, it's not a totally bad idea. For him the risk is minimal because, at 36 years old, Mason is at the end of his career. So he can afford to exit in a blaze of controversial glory. </P>

Athletes who make audacious statements in regards to the league are often praised for their so-called "objectivity" and rewarded with plum media opportunities. But I would advise against doing what Mason did. The commissioner isn't a former teammate, coach or some expendable player; he's part of a more broad and unforgiving framework of power. So any attacks on him will be seen as an attack on all executives. Like I said, right now, it's better to focus your energy on the fans' concerns.</P>

And that reminds me: I suppose this should be aimed at black guys in particular, but all references to slavery should be avoided altogether. While I appreciate Adrian Peterson's efforts to discuss the complicated nuances of labor practices, he has to find a better way to reach his audience." Read more...</P>CASH STRAPPED PLAYERS SEEKING HIGH INTEREST LOANS (http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/tpg-exclusive-cash-strapped-nfl-players-seeking-high-risk-lockout-loans)

According to a financing source, these interest rates range from 18 percent to 24 percent, and upon default, they can rise as high as 36 percent.</P>

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan market has begun to attract players.</P>

"There are a lot of people out there pitching these things," an attorney who has advised players on such loans told ThePostGame.com on the condition of anonymity. "Itís almost predatory lending. It's people going to guys who they know are already in debt, or donít have the ability to pay their bills during the year and [lending them money] at such obscene terms, that you say, 'Hey, no one would ever sign something like this.' But a lot of players are." Read more... Seriously what are these guys doing that they need short term loans. If u have a huge contract u should not be having finical difficulty this fast and if you have a smaller contract you shouldnt be living like a multi millonare to the point u need money floated to U. What I dont understand is dont NFL players get paid weekly by game checks during the season. So why would they expect to have cash coming in now anyway.Some players get guarenteed bonus money on the first day of the league year but not all contracts are written like that, Im puzzled by this

They have the same issues we'd have if we were laid off. Mortgages, loans, car payments, etc. Same stuff, different level. They get paid big and the live big.
</P>

Yes but dont they get paid during the season. Its not like thye get 52 seperate checks. So they shouldnt be getting paid now anyway</P>

greenca190
04-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Why do you think that? Or, what has told you that? I'd be surprised if that was the case.

NYGRealityCheck
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
NFL players are wealthy. There's nothing wrong with high interest loans for the wealthy cause they all know whose going to be the "bailout" if it had to come to that anyway.

Morehead State
04-17-2011, 11:15 PM

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan market has begun to attract players.</P>

"There are a lot of people out there pitching these things," an attorney who has advised players on such loans told ThePostGame.com on the condition of anonymity. "Itís almost predatory lending. It's people going to guys who they know are already in debt, or donít have the ability to pay their bills during the year and [lending them money] at such obscene terms, that you say, 'Hey, no one would ever sign something like this.' But a lot of players are." Read more... Seriously what are these guys doing that they need short term loans. If u have a huge contract u should not be having finical difficulty this fast and if you have a smaller contract you shouldnt be living like a multi millonare to the point u need money floated to U. What I dont understand is dont NFL players get paid weekly by game checks during the season. So why would they expect to have cash coming in now anyway.Some players get guarenteed bonus money on the first day of the league year but not all contracts are written like that, Im puzzled by this

</P>

They have a far greater opportunity to save and invest. Plus, they've known this day was coming for a few years.</P>

More evidence that pro athletes (for the most part) are nothing but overgrown children.</P>

TooEasy
04-18-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm sorry, but anyone making that kind of salary is simply a fool to incur debts that severe.

And these guys think they deserve to be equal business partners.

Overgrown children is right.

Jint Fan 73
04-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Eagles players are hitting up their rookies for loans

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/eagles-brandon-graham-says-broke-teammate-asked-for-100k-loan/

For sure these guys are not getting paid for their business acumen

RagTime Blue
04-18-2011, 10:47 AM
This tells me that the players will eventually cave-in.

Redeyejedi
04-18-2011, 10:53 AM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/21/sp-nfl-contract-breaking-down-an-making-sense-of-d/sports-bucs/</P>

This is how players get paid and as I thought they only get paid during the season. So if they werent planning on having cash come in anyway then what the F. The only players that get paid are ones with roster bonuses built in like Andrews for instance.</P>

<SPAN class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0">Next to Sunday, Friday is probably every NFL player's favorite day - payday. But, because players are paid every other week and only during</SPAN> the regular season, <FONT size=5>there are only nine paydays per season.</FONT> On eight of those, players get paid for two weeks. On one, they are paid for one week.</P>

Jint Fan 73
04-18-2011, 10:59 AM
<a href="http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/21/sp-nfl-contract-breaking-down-an-making-sense-of-d/sports-bucs/">
</a></p>

This is how players get paid and as I thought they only get paid during the season. So if they werent planning on having cash come in anyway then what the F.
</p>

<span class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0"></span>
</p>

I'd bet a bunch of players get these loans every off season....its just the the risk for the lenders is much higher now , driving the rates way up

RoanokeFan
04-18-2011, 04:01 PM

I hope this finds you well. Like you, I hope this dispute is resolved in a timely manner and that the damage is temporary and minimal. That said, you could go a long way towards ensuring that's the case. </p>

I know in recent weeks some of you have gone public with your thoughts on the current state of things. For the most part, this has gone well and I applaud your efforts.</p>

I especially commend those of you who have tried to soothe the fans' angst by admitting that the specter of rich people fighting wealthy people over money is just absurd. "It's never a good look for the fans to have the players and the owners arguing over money," Jonathan Vilma said, "and so hopefully we can get it worked out as soon as possible and get back playing." Vilma is absolutely right in his approach. Keep the focus on the fans. Tell them you're well aware of the fact you make a living playing a game and that, in any context, this dispute is nothing short of offensive.</p>

But you should also know that this won't always ease the fans' pain. See, a lot of folks are bitter, angry and disillusioned. They're out of work and being forced to make painful lifestyle changes at a time when they should be enjoying the fruits of a lifetime of labor. These people don't want to hear anything about the "business of the game." As far as they're concerned, there is no business. They don't go to games because they can't afford tickets. Their experience comes through the screen. For them, 'ball is escapism, nothing more. So keep it positive, but at this point don't expect to change anyone's mind.</p>

Derrick Mason's recent statement, in which he called Roger Goddell a "joke," is an example of what not to do. In one sense, it's bold and daring and frightfully candid. In Mason's case, it's not a totally bad idea. For him the risk is minimal because, at 36 years old, Mason is at the end of his career. So he can afford to exit in a blaze of controversial glory. </p>

Athletes who make audacious statements in regards to the league are often praised for their so-called "objectivity" and rewarded with plum media opportunities. But I would advise against doing what Mason did. The commissioner isn't a former teammate, coach or some expendable player; he's part of a more broad and unforgiving framework of power. So any attacks on him will be seen as an attack on all executives. Like I said, right now, it's better to focus your energy on the fans' concerns.</p>

And that reminds me: I suppose this should be aimed at black guys in particular, but all references to slavery should be avoided altogether. While I appreciate Adrian Peterson's efforts to discuss the complicated nuances of labor practices, he has to find a better way to reach his audience." Read more...</p>CASH STRAPPED PLAYERS SEEKING HIGH INTEREST LOANS (http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201104/tpg-exclusive-cash-strapped-nfl-players-seeking-high-risk-lockout-loans)

According to a financing source, these interest rates range from 18 percent to 24 percent, and upon default, they can rise as high as 36 percent.</p>

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan market has begun to attract players.</p>

</p>

They have a far greater opportunity to save and invest. Plus, they've known this day was coming for a few years.</p>

More evidence that pro athletes (for the most part) are nothing but overgrown children.</p>

No argument there.

RoanokeFan
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM

All of this comes as the NFL Players Association announced nearly two weeks ago it would begin payouts from its war chest -- a lockout fund designed to help keep players afloat during the work stoppage. But while that lifeline was created in part to keep opportunistic lenders at bay, the finances offered by the NFLPA -- as much as $60,000 for some players -- wonít solve all financial ills. And much to the chagrin of some members of the union, the high-risk loan market has begun to attract players.</p>

</p>

Yes but dont they get paid during the season. Its not like thye get 52 seperate checks. So they shouldnt be getting paid now anyway</p>

I'm only guessing now, but it seems they can get paid all through the year or why else would they need loans now? It could well be that they can elect when they want to get paid. Perhaps someone actually knows this answer. I didn't post this to get sympathy for the players but to show how little these millionaires, at least some of them, know about managing their money.

How many of those shows have we all seen where a single guy lives in a mansion with five or six high priced cars. They seem to have holes burning through their pockets.

I blame their agents, in part, for not setting their clients up with financial advisers.

SEC105
04-18-2011, 04:56 PM

</P>

Yes but dont they get paid during the season. Its not like thye get 52 seperate checks. So they shouldnt be getting paid now anyway</P>

I'm only guessing now, but it seems they can get paid all through the year or why else would they need loans now? It could well be that they can elect when they want to get paid. Perhaps someone actually knows this answer. I didn't post this to get sympathy for the players but to show how little these millionaires, at least some of them, know about managing their money.

How many of those shows have we all seen where a single guy lives in a mansion with five or six high priced cars. They seem to have holes burning through their pockets.

I blame their agents, in part, for not setting their clients up with financial advisers.
</P>

Seems the majority justget paid during the 17 weeks of the regualarseason....of course excluding playoff money and signing bonus contracts</P>

And good point.....is it not part of agents job to at least set these guys up with someone who can assist in their financial future?</P>

http://www.cantonrep.com/world/x1992011982/Ask-AP-How-do-NFL-players-get-paid</P>

greenca190
04-18-2011, 06:40 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/21/sp-nfl-contract-breaking-down-an-making-sense-of-d/sports-bucs/</P>

This is how players get paid and as I thought they only get paid during the season. So if they werent planning on having cash come in anyway then what the F. The only players that get paid are ones with roster bonuses built in like Andrews for instance.</P>

<SPAN class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0">Next to Sunday, Friday is probably every NFL player's favorite day - payday. But, because players are paid every other week and only during</SPAN> the regular season, <FONT size=5>there are only nine paydays per season.</FONT> On eight of those, players get paid for two weeks. On one, they are paid for one week.</P>

I'm surprised by that. I'd also be surprised if they couldn't elect to rather receive a paycheck on a bi-weekly basis throughout the year, much like how school teachers are capable of receiving their paychecks throughout the 10 month school session or through a 12-month period.

Redeyejedi
04-18-2011, 07:11 PM

</P>

</P>

If that was so what idiots would elect to get paid like that knowing there was a chance of a lockout. If u were braindead enough to chose that option then u deserve to pay 25%</P>

RoanokeFan
04-18-2011, 07:46 PM

</p>

Yes but dont they get paid during the season. Its not like thye get 52 seperate checks. So they shouldnt be getting paid now anyway</p>

</p>

If that was so what idiots would elect to get paid like that knowing there was a chance of a lockout. If u were braindead enough to chose that option then u deserve to pay 25%</p>

A great example of not getting paid once a year and being able to survive to the next paycheck.

We're all, me included, knocking the players who now can't make ends meet without having a clue as to what their individual situations are. If they've spent their take on booze, broads, and parties then they are victims of their own excesses.

But there are probably players who are also having babies, paying for their kids educations, etc. The longer the lockout goes on, the more pain additional players are going to feel.

Jint Fan 73
04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/21/sp-nfl-contract-breaking-down-an-making-sense-of-d/sports-bucs/</p>

This is how players get paid and as I thought they only get paid during the season. So if they werent planning on having cash come in anyway then what the F. The only players that get paid are ones with roster bonuses built in like Andrews for instance.</p>

<span class="goog_qs-tidbit goog_qs-tidbit-0">Next to Sunday, Friday is probably every NFL player's favorite day - payday. But, because players are paid every other week and only during</span> the regular season, <font size="5">there are only nine paydays per season.</font> On eight of those, players get paid for two weeks. On one, they are paid for one week.</p>

I'm surprised by that. I'd also be surprised if they couldn't elect to rather receive a paycheck on a bi-weekly basis throughout the year, much like how school teachers are capable of receiving their paychecks throughout the 10 month school session or through a 12-month period.

I'm not surprised by that

remember..NFL contracts aren't guaranteed.

You can get cut mid season and stop getting game checks.

Plus all the incentives, roster bonuses etc would make that very difficult

These guys yearly income can fluctuate from week to week

Like I said...I'm sure this is a normal practice every off season that is just getting highlighted this year

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 10:46 PM

I'm not surprised by that

remember..NFL contracts aren't guaranteed.

You can get cut mid season and stop getting game checks.

Plus all the incentives, roster bonuses etc would make that very difficult

These guys yearly income can fluctuate from week to week

Like I said...I'm sure this is a normal practice every off season that is just getting highlighted this year

</P>

I believe you are wrong about that. Once you are on the week 1 roster, you get paid all year.</P>

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
wrong again. ill cite a player that u should know about so u know its true. osi became one of the plaintiffs against the owners in the lawsuit bc his contract was structured that he would recieve more money and incentives if he played a certain number of games, a certain % of plays, so when the season may be possibly shortened, it lowers his game day paycheck.
which is another fairly easy point to know, players recieve game checks. how do they get paid there contract week 1 when they could possibly only play 1 or even 0 weeks. the contract is divided up between games. yes, signing bonuses, and im sure the nflpa even have it so if there injured they still recieve a % of there game check, but as i alluded to, there are many examples of how your premise is completely wrong. havent u learned yet? type the opposite of ur opinion when making a post so that time doesnt have to be wasted putting ur opinion in its place: wrong.
:)

edit note: there may be base guarantee a payments, but contracts are usually written so that payment depends on games played, how much they play, etc.etc. and i think the players union has a fund for injured players

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:18 PM
wrong again. ill cite a player that u should know about so u know its true. osi became one of the plaintiffs against the owners in the lawsuit bc his contract was structured that he would recieve more money and incentives if he played a certain number of games, a certain % of plays, so when the season may be possibly shortened, it lowers his game day paycheck. which is another fairly easy point to know, players recieve game checks. how do they get paid there contract week 1 when they could possibly only play 1 or even 0 weeks. the contract is divided up between games. yes, signing bonuses, and im sure the nflpa even have it so if there injured they still recieve a % of there game check, but as i alluded to, there are many examples of how your premise is completely wrong. havent u learned yet? type the opposite of ur opinion when making a post so that time doesnt have to be wasted putting ur opinion in its place: wrong. :) </P>

You have no idea what you're talking about.</P>

When you're on the week 1 roster, you get paid for the season. If they put you on IR, you get paid for the season. If you sit and don't dress all season, you get paid for the season. If they don't want to pay you, they have to cut you before the final 53 is registered with the league.</P>

Other incentives are bonuses to the base contract. The point is that they can't cut you during the season and refuse to pay you unless its for reasons detrimental to the team. Like T.O. with Philly.</P>

Stop this obsession with Morehead. its spooky.</P>

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:25 PM
wrong again. ill cite a player that u should know about so u know its true. osi became one of the plaintiffs against the owners in the lawsuit bc his contract was structured that he would recieve more money and incentives if he played a certain number of games, a certain % of plays, so when the season may be possibly shortened, it lowers his game day paycheck. which is another fairly easy point to know, players recieve game checks. how do they get paid there contract week 1 when they could possibly only play 1 or even 0 weeks. the contract is divided up between games. yes, signing bonuses, and im sure the nflpa even have it so if there injured they still recieve a % of there game check, but as i alluded to, there are many examples of how your premise is completely wrong. havent u learned yet? type the opposite of ur opinion when making a post so that time doesnt have to be wasted putting ur opinion in its place: wrong. :) </P>

You have no idea what you're talking about.*</P>

*When you're on the week 1 roster, you get paid for the season.* If they put you on IR, you get paid for the season.* If you sit and don't dress all season, you get paid for the season.* If they don't want to pay you, they have to cut you before the final 53 is registered with the league.</P>

Other incentives are bonuses to the base contract.* The point is that they can't cut you during the season and refuse to pay you unless its for reasons detrimental to the team.* Like T.O. with Philly.</P>

Stop this obsession with Morehead.* its spooky.</P>
as usual, ur reading comprehension sucks. notice where i said contracts and what they are paid are dependent on thing written into the contract, like playing time, games played, etc.
yeah they probably get paid a guaranteed base of there contract, but like vicks old contract, it was written he could earn an additional 5 mil a year if he played in a % of plays and games.
so, payment is weekly no matter how u slice it up, bc it is during the sundays, and sometimes contracts even include practices etc, that players reach an incentive in there contract.
you have no idea what ur talking about as usual. and the fact i had to spell it out for u bc u cant comprehend sucks bc its done bc ur are stupid, and probably close to senility. :)

further, players say they get paid "GAME" checks, meaning once they play a game, they get paid. you said they get paid all at once week 1. friggin moron :)

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:30 PM

You have no idea what you're talking about.</P>

When you're on the week 1 roster, you get paid for the season. If they put you on IR, you get paid for the season. If you sit and don't dress all season, you get paid for the season. If they don't want to pay you, they have to cut you before the final 53 is registered with the league.</P>

Other incentives are bonuses to the base contract. The point is that they can't cut you during the season and refuse to pay you unless its for reasons detrimental to the team. Like T.O. with Philly.</P>

Stop this obsession with Morehead. its spooky.</P>

as usual, ur reading comprehension sucks. notice where i said contracts and what they are paid are dependent on thing written into the contract, like playing time, games played, etc. yeah they probably get paid a guaranteed base of there contract, but like vicks old contract, it was written he could earn an additional 5 mil a year if he played in a % of plays and games. so, payment is weekly no matter how u slice it up, bc it is during the sundays, and sometimes contracts even include practices etc, that players reach an incentive in there contract. you have no idea what ur talking about as usual. and the fact i had to spell it out for u bc u cant comprehend sucks bc its done bc ur are stupid, and probably close to senility. :) further, players say they get paid "GAME" checks, meaning once they play a game, they get paid. you said they get paid all at once week 1. friggin moron :)</P>

Those are incentives and exclusive of the base contract. I was responding to the point made that a player can be cut in the middle of the season and not get paid for the rest of the season.</P>

Is it your position that a player can be cut week 7 and get no further checks? If it is you couldn't be more wrong. And I never said that they get paid only once. They would continue to be paid even after they are released. (if they are released) Thats my point.</P>

Your obsession with me is flattering but unsettling.</P>

Chaosist
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
wrong again. ill cite a player that u should know about so u know its true. osi became one of the plaintiffs against the owners in the lawsuit bc his contract was structured that he would recieve more money and incentives if he played a certain number of games, a certain % of plays, so when the season may be possibly shortened, it lowers his game day paycheck. which is another fairly easy point to know, players recieve game checks. how do they get paid there contract week 1 when they could possibly only play 1 or even 0 weeks. the contract is divided up between games. yes, signing bonuses, and im sure the nflpa even have it so if there injured they still recieve a % of there game check, but as i alluded to, there are many examples of how your premise is completely wrong. havent u learned yet? type the opposite of ur opinion when making a post so that time doesnt have to be wasted putting ur opinion in its place: wrong. :) edit note: there may be base guarantee a payments, but contracts are usually written so that payment depends on games played, how much they play, etc.etc. and i think the players union has a fund for injured players</P>

I suggest you read the link that Redeyejedi posted in this thread. It doesn't attest to what MS said about when the contracts are guaranteed, but it does elucidate how contracts are generally executed.</P>

Also, you must realize there is a difference between base salary, signing bonuses, workout bonuses, roster bonuses, incentives (both makeable and not [for instance for McNabb to reach the full value of his extension with the Redskins he must make and win every SB for the duration of the contract]), and accelerators. </P>

What MS was stating is that the base salaryis guaranteed if the player makes the final 53 opening day roster, not any of the other incentives, accelerators, or non-guaranteed bonuses. </P>

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:37 PM
its not an obsession with u, its a goal to correct error. and since ur wrong more than anyone else X10, i constantly have to correct u.
and u said a player gets paid there contract week 1, which, i corrected how dead wrong u were. if a player gets cut or traded, it does effect how much there paid, which is why there is the penalty to a teams cap.
injuries mean they dont get paid what they potentially could earn, meaning they "get paid there contract week 1 if they make the roster" is wrong, dead wrong. which is right up ur alley.
ur funny, like ur "hearing voices that say eli is elite he is the best no one can criticize him". like ur thinking i, or anyone, could obsess u. theres absolutely nothing to obsess on, ur a nothing. a sorry, tired, nothing. :)

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:39 PM
wrong again. ill cite a player that u should know about so u know its true. osi became one of the plaintiffs against the owners in the lawsuit bc his contract was structured that he would recieve more money and incentives if he played a certain number of games, a certain % of plays, so when the season may be possibly shortened, it lowers his game day paycheck. which is another fairly easy point to know, players recieve game checks. how do they get paid there contract week 1 when they could possibly only play 1 or even 0 weeks. the contract is divided up between games. yes, signing bonuses, and im sure the nflpa even have it so if there injured they still recieve a % of there game check, but as i alluded to, there are many examples of how your premise is completely wrong. havent u learned yet? type the opposite of ur opinion when making a post so that time doesnt have to be wasted putting ur opinion in its place: wrong. :) edit note: there may be base guarantee a payments, but contracts are usually written so that payment depends on games played, how much they play, etc.etc. and i think the players union has a fund for injured players</P>

I suggest you read the link that Redeyejedi posted in this thread. It doesn't attest to what MS said about when the contracts are guaranteed, but it does elucidate how contracts are generally executed.</P>

Also, you must realize there is a difference between base salary, signing bonuses, workout bonuses, roster bonuses, incentives (both makeable and not [for instance for McNabb to reach the full value of his extension with the Redskins he must make and win every SB for the duration of the contract]), and accelerators. </P>

What MS was stating is that the base salary*is guaranteed if the player makes the final 53 opening day roster, not any of the other incentives, accelerators, or non-guaranteed bonuses. </P>
ok but then, essentially, a player does not get paid there contract week 1 right? if there are incentives, how could a player get paid there contract week 1?
that was my point, a contract is NOT paid out week 1. and if u read my posts u'd see i discussed the base salary, but as i alluded to, even that is paid week by week or every other week, NOT week 1

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:42 PM
and even further, it isnt necessarily even guaranteed. if a player is cut or traded, there is a penalty to the cap bc the full amount wasnt paid out.
my point was just that the base salary, salary, incentives, etc. are NOT paid out week 1 once a player makes the final 53. there are several factors that go into it, and players recieve game checks, not "you made the roster heres all the money"

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:42 PM
its not an obsession with u, its a goal to correct error. and since ur wrong more than anyone else X10, i constantly have to correct u. and u said a player gets paid there contract week 1, which, i corrected how dead wrong u were. if a player gets cut or traded, it does effect how much there paid, which is why there is the penalty to a teams cap. injuries mean they dont get paid what they potentially could earn, meaning they "get paid there contract week 1 if they make the roster" is wrong, dead wrong. which is right up ur alley. ur funny, like ur "hearing voices that say eli is elite he is the best no one can criticize him". like ur thinking i, or anyone, could obsess u. theres absolutely nothing to obsess on, ur a nothing. a sorry, tired, nothing. :)</P>

You can't be that stupid so I assume this is just schtick.</P>

I said if they are on the roster week 1 they get paid all year. Jint fan 73 said that he thought a player could be cut and then stop getting paid. I never said anything about having to pay incentives. You would have to be a complete moron to read that into it.</P>

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you are that stupid.</P>

</P>

lawl
04-18-2011, 11:44 PM
its not an obsession with u, its a goal to correct error. and since ur wrong more than anyone else X10, i constantly have to correct u. and u said a player gets paid there contract week 1, which, i corrected how dead wrong u were. if a player gets cut or traded, it does effect how much there paid, which is why there is the penalty to a teams cap. injuries mean they dont get paid what they potentially could earn, meaning they "get paid there contract week 1 if they make the roster" is wrong, dead wrong. which is right up ur alley. ur funny,<FONT size=4> like ur "hearing voices that say eli is elite he is the best no one can criticize him". like ur thinking i, or anyone, could obsess u</FONT>. theres absolutely nothing to obsess on, ur a nothing. a sorry, tired, nothing. :)</P>

sort of likethe voices that told you steve smith private messaged you?</P>

You constantly tell people to not knock on you because its an opinion and you cant be wrong, yet you continuously do it to others.</P>

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:48 PM
its not an obsession with u, its a goal to correct error. and since ur wrong more than anyone else X10, i constantly have to correct u. and u said a player gets paid there contract week 1, which, i corrected how dead wrong u were. if a player gets cut or traded, it does effect how much there paid, which is why there is the penalty to a teams cap. injuries mean they dont get paid what they potentially could earn, meaning they "get paid there contract week 1 if they make the roster" is wrong, dead wrong. which is right up ur alley. ur funny,<FONT size=4> like ur "hearing voices that say eli is elite he is the best no one can criticize him". like ur thinking i, or anyone, could obsess u</FONT>. theres absolutely nothing to obsess on, ur a nothing. a sorry, tired, nothing. :)</P>

You constantly tell people to not knock on you because its an opinion and you cant be wrong, yet you continuously do it to others.</P>

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

</P>

He's obsessed Lawl. Can you blame him? You know how charming I can be. remember how well I took it when you talked smack in our FF league?</P>

Chaosist
04-18-2011, 11:48 PM

What MS was stating is that the base salaryis guaranteed if the player makes the final 53 opening day roster, not any of the other incentives, accelerators, or non-guaranteed bonuses. </P>

ok but then, essentially, a player does not get paid there contract week 1 right? if there are incentives, how could a player get paid there contract week 1? that was my point, a contract is NOT paid out week 1. and if u read my posts u'd see i discussed the base salary, but as i alluded to, even that is paid week by week or every other week, NOT week 1</P>

Again, you're failingto understand that most players cannot earn the full value of their contracts, i.e. McNabb. That's why contracts are broken down into a player's base and then what they may earn through incentives, et al. The base salary is guaranteed... And counting on more than your base salary is foolish, even though a player may reasonably expect to reach many of the incentives written into their contracts.</P>

And also, MS never stated that the players get just one check at the beginning of the year. He was just stating that as of Week 1 the team has to pay out the base salary that year for the player.</P>

</P>

Sundown
04-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Its absolutely pathetic these players cant manage their money enough to last 3-6 months w no pay check when they make millies. I have no sympathy for them one bit.

Jint Fan 73
04-18-2011, 11:50 PM
haha....its not really that big of a deal one way or the other

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:51 PM

sort of like*the voices that told you steve smith private messaged you?</P>

Learn to relax.</P>

*</P>
what?? smith messaging me?? huh?? and opinion doesnt come into play when it comes to how contracts are paid, there is how it is done, and being wrong.
and, seeing how u've said that little spiel to me countlessly, i've been all about letting people have there opinions. even MS, but when i asked him if people can have diff. opinions, he said that he is right, no one else can have an opinion, and that he knows everything. literally. so, i've been playing by his rules and acting exactly like he does.
sorry if im not impressed by ur hypocritical thinking, kind of like when i said eli had one of the quickest releases in the nfl, and u told me i was wrong and your whole deal. funny how ur always singling me out. peace

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:51 PM

ok but then, essentially, a player does not get paid there contract week 1 right? if there are incentives, how could a player get paid there contract week 1? that was my point, a contract is NOT paid out week 1. and if u read my posts u'd see i discussed the base salary, but as i alluded to, even that is paid week by week or every other week, NOT week 1</P>

Again, you're failingto understand that most players cannot earn the full value of their contracts, i.e. McNabb. That's why contracts are broken down into a player's base and then what they may earn through incentives, et al. The base salary is guaranteed... And counting on more than your base salary is foolish, even though a player may reasonably expect to reach many of the incentives written into their contracts.</P>

And also, MS never stated that the players get just one check at the beginning of the year. He was just stating that as of Week 1 the team has to pay out the base salary that year for the player.</P>

</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Evidentally I claimed that players get one check all season.</FONT></P>

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:52 PM

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

what?? smith messaging me?? huh?? and opinion doesnt come into play when it comes to how contracts are paid, there is how it is done, and being wrong. and, seeing how u've said that little spiel to me countlessly, i've been all about letting people have there opinions. even MS, but when i asked him if people can have diff. opinions, he said that he is right, no one else can have an opinion, and that he knows everything. literally. so, i've been playing by his rules and acting exactly like he does. sorry if im not impressed by ur hypocritical thinking, kind of like when i said eli had one of the quickest releases in the nfl, and u told me i was wrong and your whole deal. funny how ur always singling me out. peace</P>

Poor baby. Gimme a hug.</P>

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:53 PM

What MS was stating is that the base salary*is guaranteed if the player makes the final 53 opening day roster, not any of the other incentives, accelerators, or non-guaranteed bonuses. </P>

Again, you're failing*to understand that most players cannot earn the full value of their contracts, i.e. McNabb. That's why contracts are broken down into a player's base and then what they may earn through incentives, et al. The base salary is guaranteed... And counting on more than your base salary is foolish, even though a player may reasonably expect to reach many of the incentives written into their contracts.</P>

*</P>
how are u not understanding everything u said proves my point of players needing to play the games to earn there entire contract to see if incentives were met?

and lawl, wow who would have thought u and ms were in a ff league. that must have been a real group of winners. lmao. how many cyber friends did u guys have in the league? it must have been real fun talking about the week while drinking a brew...oh sorry while talking on a chat service. lmao

Chaosist
04-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Its absolutely pathetic these players cant manage their money enough to last 3-6 months w no pay check when they make millies. I have no sympathy for them one bit.</P>

I can see where it might be a little problematic for some of the lower tier/minimum guys. Just think about how you would have spent that kind of money when you were 21. I know I probably would have made a couple poor decisions.</P>

It still does seem a bit ridiculous, though.</P>

Oh, a buddy of mine does amateur beer reviews that he posts to YouTube and Facebook... Want me to send you a link?</P>

giantsfan420
04-18-2011, 11:56 PM

Learn to relax.</P>

*</P>

what?? smith messaging me?? huh?? and opinion doesnt come into play when it comes to how contracts are paid, there is how it is done, and being wrong. and, seeing how u've said that little spiel to me countlessly, i've been all about letting people have there opinions. even MS, but when i asked him if people can have diff. opinions, he said that he is right, no one else can have an opinion, and that he knows everything. literally. so, i've been playing by his rules and acting exactly like he does. sorry if im not impressed by ur hypocritical thinking, kind of like when i said eli had one of the quickest releases in the nfl, and u told me i was wrong and your whole deal. funny how ur always singling me out. peace</P>

Poor baby.** Gimme a hug.</P>
how is me quoting ur post for the first time in more than a week or two obsessing? poor old senile best buds with grim reeper baldy. is it nice to fantasize some one cares about u enough to obsess over u?? well go ahead, if it makes u add meaning to ur life, think what u want. i could care less what a couple of online cyber stalkers with profiles on online dating services think. :)

we both signed up at the same time, U HAVE 16000 MORE POSTS THAN I DO. WOW! talking an online mb is the highlite of ur day, probably the past 3 4 years. ur right, why do i even care what u think, thats pathetic. :)

lawl

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

First off-dont play dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about with steve smith(your supposed facebook encounter with him and subsequent thread on these boards)</P>

Secondly, I never told you that Eli didnt have one of the fastest releases in the league(he doesnt btw, so I guess I'm telling you now), rather I told you that you can't prove it based on the bull**** data that was meaningless.</P>

Lastly, I stopped responding to many of your threads and posts, since they never go anywhere, but I figured now's a great time to jump back into the loop. </P>

Peace.</P>

Morehead State

</P>

how are u not understanding everything u said proves my point of players needing to play the games to earn there entire contract to see if incentives were met? and lawl, wow who would have thought u and ms were in a ff league. that must have been a real group of winners. lmao. how many cyber friends did u guys have in the league? it must have been real fun talking about the week while drinking a brew...oh sorry while talking on a chat service. lmao</P>

I don't care what you say, I'm not going out with you.</P>

Morehead State
04-18-2011, 11:58 PM

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

First off-dont play dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about with steve smith(your supposed facebook encounter with him and subsequent thread on these boards)</P>

Secondly, I never told you that Eli didnt have one of the fastest releases in the league(he doesnt btw, so I guess I'm telling you now), rather I told you that you can't prove it based on the bull**** data that was meaningless.</P>

Lastly, I stopped responding to many of your threads and posts, since they never go anywhere, but I figured now's a great time to jump back into the loop. </P>

Peace.</P>

</P>

Trust me...He's not playing.</P>

Jint Fan 73
04-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Its absolutely pathetic these players cant manage their money enough to last 3-6 months w no pay check when they make millies. I have no sympathy for them one bit.</p>

I can see where it might be a little problematic for some of the lower tier/minimum guys. Just think about how you would have spent that kind of money when you were 21. I know I probably would have made a couple poor decisions.</p>

It still does seem a bit ridiculous, though.</p>

Oh, a buddy of mine does amateur beer reviews that he posts to YouTube and Facebook... Want me to send you a link?</p>

hey ...how many everyday 20 somethings need to get a loan from mommy and daddy from time to time.

This problem is not exclusive to the NFL

Morehead State
04-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Its absolutely pathetic these players cant manage their money enough to last 3-6 months w no pay check when they make millies. I have no sympathy for them one bit.</P>

I can see where it might be a little problematic for some of the lower tier/minimum guys. Just think about how you would have spent that kind of money when you were 21. I know I probably would have made a couple poor decisions.</P>

Oh, a buddy of mine does amateur beer reviews that he posts to YouTube and Facebook... Want me to send you a link?</P>

hey ...how many everyday 20 somethings need to get a loan from mommy and daddy from time to time.

</P>

How about when the 20 somethings make more in a year than Mommy and Daddy make in a lifetime.</P>

These are just spoiled children.</P>

giantsfan420
04-19-2011, 12:01 AM

Learn to relax.</P>

*</P>

Peace.</P>
wtf are u talking about? do u have a wall of me in ur room and add things i say? i might have said steve smith accepted my friend request, but i never said he messaged me. i have no idea what ur talking about.
dude, do u think i care what u feel about me or my opinions? since they never go anywhere, pff...ooooo good one! u got me!! I COULD CARE LESS WHAT U SAY OR THINK, UVE PROVEN HOW LAME U ARE TO ME ALREADY.
god, some people really feel like they are the center of the world huh, ur a big tough new yorker huh? i bet

giantsfan420
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM

Learn to relax.</P>

*</P>

Peace.</P>

</P>

id rather be dumb than be an old, bald, lifeless loser whose idea of a good time is an online mb. i'm done with u grandpa, ur a joke, a bad joke. enjoy your latter years golden girl

done with u and lawl, i cant believe i even cared to banter with u, ur arrogance and rhetoric dragged it out of me. at least i can learn from my mistakes. peace baldy :)

Morehead State
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

Peace.</P>

wtf are u talking about? do u have a wall of me in ur room and add things i say? i might have said steve smith accepted my friend request, but i never said he messaged me. i have no idea what ur talking about. dude, do u think i care what u feel about me or my opinions? since they never go anywhere, pff...ooooo good one! u got me!! I COULD CARE LESS WHAT U SAY OR THINK, UVE PROVEN HOW LAME U ARE TO ME ALREADY. god, some people really feel like they are the center of the world huh, ur a big tough new yorker huh? i bet</P>

Given your angry rants, it appears that you care very deeply actually.</P>

lawl
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
and lawl, wow who would have thought u and ms were in a ff league. that must have been a real group of winners. lmao. how many cyber friends did u guys have in the league? it must have been real fun talking about the week while drinking a brew...oh sorry while talking on a chat service. lmao</P>

</P>

OH HO, heres a gem.</P>

Well, hey since you felt the need to start it up, I'll be sure to finish it.</P>

1. Its cute that you know about the FF league in the first place.</P>

2. You self admitted continuation of commenting on what Morehead has to say on a message board, "to make sure all is right" sounds like something a real winner would do.</P>

3. Your random crazy threads with no merit that are seemingly shot down by about 95% of the forum and then you continue to rant how you can say what you want and never provide any legitimate argument for you case. Ex. "Manny Lawson has the athleticism of LT! We have to get this guy!" over and over and over.</P>

4. AND FINALLY THE CHERRY ON TOP.</P>

Your marvelous thread on how you posted on Steve Smith's facebook(more than once) and then made a thread on what you wrote and that you were waiting for his response. Many people told you it was a crazy way to word it(thats putting it lightly) and you blew up on them. What's even better?! You decided to make up some fantasy of how Steve Smith messaged you about his intentions with the Giants and a contract and that once everything worked itself out that you would show us all this magnificent message. Well, of course, once again everyone postured that it was complete nonsense, and were correct as you admitted to making up the message and that you were sorry for the entire thing.</P>

</P>

Bottom line, you picked the wrong person to attack by inferring that I am somehow a loser. Especially, when your history speaks for itself.</P>

You brought this upon yourself. Don't try to play the blame game now.</P>

Chaosist
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM

</P>

how are u not understanding everything u said proves my point of players needing to play the games to earn there entire contract to see if incentives were met? and lawl, wow who would have thought u and ms were in a ff league. that must have been a real group of winners. lmao. how many cyber friends did u guys have in the league? it must have been real fun talking about the week while drinking a brew...oh sorry while talking on a chat service. lmao</P>

No, it doesn't prove your point... At all. As I said, it's foolish to count on anything other than your base salary and any guaranteed bonuses, no matter how easily attainable they are.</P>

Yes, players' salaries may fluctuate by pay period depending on the various incentives, etc. written into the contract, which is why it would be dumb to count on receiving anything other than that which is guaranteed.</P>

Morehead State
04-19-2011, 12:08 AM

Learn to relax.</P>

</P>

Peace.</P>

</P>

id rather be dumb than be an old, bald, lifeless loser whose idea of a good time is an online mb. i'm done with u grandpa, ur a joke, a bad joke. enjoy your latter years golden girl done with u and lawl, i cant believe i even cared to banter with u, ur arrogance and rhetoric dragged it out of me. at least i can learn from my mistakes. peace baldy :)</P>

As a friend may I suggest you stay away from sharp objects tonight.</P>

I say this with nothing but love in my heart for my angry, misguided MB buddy.</P>

Chaosist
04-19-2011, 12:13 AM

</P>

How about when the 20 somethings make more in a year than Mommy and Daddy make in a lifetime.</P>

These are just spoiled children.</P>

</P>

While I agree with your bottom line...</P>

Does it really matter that they make more than their parents? People (especially young, financially ignorant people) tend to live at or slightly above their means. I'm not excusing their behavior, but I can see why itcan bean issue, especially for those making the minimum contracts.</P>

Honestly, I think the NFL and the entity formerly known as the NFLPA should do more than a couple hour seminar at rookie orientation on financial responsibility. </P>

giantsfan420
04-19-2011, 12:14 AM
and lawl, wow who would have thought u and ms were in a ff league. that must have been a real group of winners. lmao. how many cyber friends did u guys have in the league? it must have been real fun talking about the week while drinking a brew...oh sorry while talking on a chat service. lmao</P>

*</P>

OH HO, heres a gem.</P>

Well, hey since you felt the need to start it up, I'll be sure to finish it.</P>

2. You self admitted continuation of commenting on what Morehead has to say on a message board, "to make sure all is right" sounds like something a real winner would do.</P>

3. Your random crazy threads with no merit that are seemingly shot down by about 95% of the forum and then you continue to rant how you can say what you want and never provide any legitimate argument for you case. Ex. "Manny Lawson has the athleticism of LT! We have to get this guy!" over and over and over.</P>

*********Your marvelous thread on how you posted on Steve Smith's facebook(more than once) and then made a thread on what you wrote and that you were waiting for his response. Many people told you it was a crazy way to word it(thats putting it lightly) and you blew up* on them. What's even better?! You decided to make up some fantasy of how Steve Smith messaged you about his intentions with the Giants and a contract and that once everything worked itself out that you would show us all this magnificent message. Well, of course, once again everyone postured that it was complete nonsense, and were correct as you admitted to making up the message and that you were sorry for the entire thing.</P>

*</P>

Bottom line, you picked the wrong person to attack by inferring that I am somehow a loser. Especially, when your history speaks for itself.</P>

heres my final response, one, ms just posted u two were in a ff thread.
two, i never said over and over manny lawson is lt. i said he had certain measurables to compare to him in the way there bodies are made up.
three-can u prove it and show the post? unlike u when u said i was wrong, i supported my claim with stats
and finally, sorry if i some how offended u. i dont know how some one on an online mb could incite such rage, actually i do bc i was the same with ms.
but i am honestly sorry if i did or act a certain way which u despise. and MS im sorry i felt like i had to correct u, u just got on my nerves.
im a giants fan, i dont know how i could make two other giants fans so hell bent on constantly trying to instigate with me. i will steer clear from both u, bc what we re doing now is not about giants football. hope u two have good luck in the future.
but i am done, i dont care if some how u try and banter with me again.
i just dont get how we all have such an opinion on some one we've never met. u dont know me, i dont know u. sorry for acting like a jerk. take care, peace.

giantsfan420
04-19-2011, 12:14 AM

*</P>

OH HO, heres a gem.</P>

*********Your marvelous thread on how you posted on Steve Smith's facebook(more than once) and then made a thread on what you wrote and that you were waiting for his response. Many people told you it was a crazy way to word it(thats putting it lightly) and you blew up* on them. What's even better?! You decided to make up some fantasy of how Steve Smith messaged you about his intentions with the Giants and a contract and that once everything worked itself out that you would show us all this magnificent message. Well, of course, once again everyone postured that it was complete nonsense, and were correct as you admitted to making up the message and that you were sorry for the entire thing.</P>

*</P>

heres my final response, one, ms just posted u two were in a ff thread.
two, i never said over and over manny lawson is lt. i said he had certain measurables to compare to him in the way there bodies are made up.
three-can u prove it and show the post? unlike u when u said i was wrong, i supported my claim with stats
and finally, sorry if i some how offended u. i dont know how some one on an online mb could incite such rage, actually i do bc i was the same with ms.
but i am honestly sorry if i did or act a certain way which u despise. and MS im sorry i felt like i had to correct u, u just got on my nerves.
im a giants fan, i dont know how i could make two other giants fans so hell bent on constantly trying to instigate with me. i will steer clear from both u, bc what we re doing now is not about giants football. hope u two have good luck in the future.
but i am done, i dont care if some how u try and banter with me again.
i just dont get how we all have such an opinion on some one we've never met. u dont know me, i dont know u. sorry for acting like a jerk. take care, peace.

lawl
04-19-2011, 12:24 AM
heres my final response, one, ms just posted u two were in a ff thread. two, i never said over and over manny lawson is lt. i said he had certain measurables to compare to him in the way there bodies are made up. three-can u prove it and show the post? unlike u when u said i was wrong, i supported my claim with stats and finally, sorry if i some how offended u. i dont know how some one on an online mb could incite such rage, actually i do bc i was the same with ms. but i am honestly sorry if i did or act a certain way which u despise. and MS im sorry i felt like i had to correct u, u just got on my nerves. im a giants fan, i dont know how i could make two other giants fans so hell bent on constantly trying to instigate with me. i will steer clear from both u, bc what we re doing now is not about giants football. hope u two have good luck in the future. but i am done, i dont care if some how u try and banter with me again. i just dont get how we all have such an opinion on some one we've never met. u dont know me, i dont know u. sorry for acting like a jerk. take care, peace.

Look, here's my thoughts. </P>

We are all Giants fans(well, i hope so haha) and I'm sure if we all met we'd love each other(well, maybe not that much), but the problem is, in an atmosphere like this it becomes extremely less personable and it boils down to just words and thoughts andthe person behind the screen doesnt really come to mind(atleast not for me it doesnt)</P>

That said, yea I was an *******, and hey you were too, butthe problem is that thisseems to be a recurring theme. The whole "big argument, then apology" scene, and it really doesnt accomplish anything.</P>

I get caught up alot in what people say, too, and its hard to get over things that when you read it, you automatically think its stupid, lol, and it goes both ways and gets frustrating for both people, thus causing a blowup. My best advice is to just learn to chill and not take people to seriously on here(I should probably take my own advice admittedly)</P>

As for finding the old posts, I tried, either the forum software doesnt allow it, or I'm too dumb to figure it out.</P>

giantsfan420
04-19-2011, 12:34 AM
*heres my final response, one, ms just posted u two were in a ff thread. two, i never said over and over manny lawson is lt. i said he had certain measurables to compare to him in the way there bodies are made up. three-can u prove it and show the post? unlike u when u said i was wrong, i supported my claim with stats and finally, sorry if i some how offended u. i dont know how some one on an online mb could incite such rage, actually i do bc i was the same with ms. but i am honestly sorry if i did or act a certain way which u despise. and MS im sorry i felt like i had to correct u, u just got on my nerves. im a giants fan, i dont know how i could make two other giants fans so hell bent on constantly trying to instigate with me. i will steer clear from both u, bc what we re doing now is not about giants football. hope u two have good luck in the future. but i am done, i dont care if some how u try and banter with me again. i just dont get how we all have such an opinion on some one we've never met. u dont know me, i dont know u. sorry for acting like a jerk. take care, peace.

We are all Giants fans(well, i hope so haha) and I'm sure if we all met we'd love each other(well, maybe not that much), but the problem is, in an atmosphere like this it becomes extremely less personable and it boils down to just words and thoughts and*the person behind the screen doesnt really come to mind(atleast not for me it doesnt)*</P>

That said, yea I was an *******, and hey you were too, but*the problem is that this*seems to be a recurring theme. The whole "big argument, then apology" scene, and it really doesnt accomplish anything.</P>

I get caught up alot in what people say, too, and its hard to get over things that when you read it, you automatically think its stupid, lol, and it goes both ways and gets frustrating for both people, thus causing a blowup. My best advice is to just learn to chill and not take people to seriously on here(I should probably take my own advice admittedly)</P>

As for finding the old posts, I tried, either the forum software doesnt allow it, or I'm too dumb to figure it out.</P>
i think i remember what ur talking about. yeah, i jumped the gun. id never used facebook and i downloaded it at my friends and gf request, and i guess i jumped the gun bc facebook has the main page for account users, so when i read what he posted, i thought he was directly talking to me, but it was just the page where u see all ur friends recent posts. and feeling stupid i lied to try and not look dumb. but yeah i do remember that, my bad. that was pretty dumb, haha i tried saying i'd release the mssg when he was signed...that was toolish.
but again, my bad. thanks for being nice about that ur last post. i was out of line, and took offense to when u said i was wrong and lieing. i still maintain during the bears game they showed a stat about qb release time and eli was at the top and vick had an extra 2 seconds on avg.
later.
and i always wondered, i know thats flea and primus front man to the right of him. whose the guitarist on the left?

Chaosist
04-19-2011, 12:37 AM
heres my final response, one, ms just posted u two were in a ff thread. two, i never said over and over manny lawson is lt. i said he had certain measurables to compare to him in the way there bodies are made up. three-can u prove it and show the post? unlike u when u said i was wrong, i supported my claim with stats and finally, sorry if i some how offended u. i dont know how some one on an online mb could incite such rage, actually i do bc i was the same with ms. but i am honestly sorry if i did or act a certain way which u despise. and MS im sorry i felt like i had to correct u, u just got on my nerves. im a giants fan, i dont know how i could make two other giants fans so hell bent on constantly trying to instigate with me. i will steer clear from both u, bc what we re doing now is not about giants football. hope u two have good luck in the future. but i am done, i dont care if some how u try and banter with me again. i just dont get how we all have such an opinion on some one we've never met. u dont know me, i dont know u. sorry for acting like a jerk. take care, peace.

We are all Giants fans(well, i hope so haha) and I'm sure if we all met we'd love each other(well, maybe not that much), but the problem is, in an atmosphere like this it becomes extremely less personable and it boils down to just words and thoughts andthe person behind the screen doesnt really come to mind(atleast not for me it doesnt)</P>

That said, yea I was an *******, and hey you were too, butthe problem is that thisseems to be a recurring theme. The whole "big argument, then apology" scene, and it really doesnt accomplish anything.</P>

</P>

Yeah, the "Search" function (if you really want to call it that) is completely borked on this board. I think it's set to only show posts over a year old or something ridiculous like that.</P>

And yes, it is very easy to depersonalize on message boards. I have that issue, too, so I'm not necessarily one to comment one way or the other, lol. It's compounded for me by the fact that I'm a sarcastic son of a ***** in real life, and my friends and I have a very deflamatory/rude sense of humor to begin with... I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes forget that other people actually have feelings, haha. But, yeah, sometimes blow ups happen. I just try to deal with it like I do at work (I work at a restaurant for context)... Let it happen, let it cool off, and try to forget about it.</P>

lawl
04-19-2011, 12:52 AM
</P>

</P>

Buckethead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckethead),</P>

heres (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Et6BSDMNLY)some of his stuff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw)</P>

</P>

Got to catcha show of his at an extremely small venue couple years back, guy's awesome.</P>

Sundown
04-19-2011, 08:40 AM

Yea PM me, ill check it out.

gumby742
04-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I don't think this is an issue isolated to football players.Many Americans have this issue. They were part of the reason why thesub primecrisis happened to begin with. This entire country is run on credit. It is not uncommon to live pay check by pay check.</P>

Mod_C
04-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Look, here's my thoughts. </p>

We are all Giants fans(well, i hope so haha) and I'm sure if we all met we'd love each other(well, maybe not that much), but the problem is, in an atmosphere like this it becomes extremely less personable and it boils down to just words and thoughts andthe person behind the screen doesnt really come to mind(atleast not for me it doesnt)</p>

That said, yea I was an *******, and hey you were too, butthe problem is that thisseems to be a recurring theme. The whole "big argument, then apology" scene, and it really doesnt accomplish anything.</p>

I get caught up alot in what people say, too, and its hard to get over things that when you read it, you automatically think its stupid, lol, and it goes both ways and gets frustrating for both people, thus causing a blowup. My best advice is to just learn to chill and not take people to seriously on here(I should probably take my own advice admittedly)</p>

As for finding the old posts, I tried, either the forum software doesnt allow it, or I'm too dumb to figure it out.</p>

KOOMBAYA is better than locking the thread [;)]

greenca190
04-19-2011, 06:46 PM
*heres my final response, one, ms just posted u two were in a ff thread. two, i never said over and over manny lawson is lt. i said he had certain measurables to compare to him in the way there bodies are made up. three-can u prove it and show the post? unlike u when u said i was wrong, i supported my claim with stats and finally, sorry if i some how offended u. i dont know how some one on an online mb could incite such rage, actually i do bc i was the same with ms. but i am honestly sorry if i did or act a certain way which u despise. and MS im sorry i felt like i had to correct u, u just got on my nerves. im a giants fan, i dont know how i could make two other giants fans so hell bent on constantly trying to instigate with me. i will steer clear from both u, bc what we re doing now is not about giants football. hope u two have good luck in the future. but i am done, i dont care if some how u try and banter with me again. i just dont get how we all have such an opinion on some one we've never met. u dont know me, i dont know u. sorry for acting like a jerk. take care, peace.

We are all Giants fans(well, i hope so haha) and I'm sure if we all met we'd love each other(well, maybe not that much), but the problem is, in an atmosphere like this it becomes extremely less personable and it boils down to just words and thoughts and*the person behind the screen doesnt really come to mind(atleast not for me it doesnt)*</P>

That said, yea I was an *******, and hey you were too, but*the problem is that this*seems to be a recurring theme. The whole "big argument, then apology" scene, and it really doesnt accomplish anything.</P>

i think i remember what ur talking about. yeah, i jumped the gun. id never used facebook and i downloaded it at my friends and gf request, and i guess i jumped the gun bc facebook has the main page for account users, so when i read what he posted, i thought he was directly talking to me, but it was just the page where u see all ur friends recent posts. and feeling stupid i lied to try and not look dumb. but yeah i do remember that, my bad. that was pretty dumb, haha i tried saying i'd release the mssg when he was signed...that was toolish.
but again, my bad. thanks for being nice about that ur last post. i was out of line, and took offense to when u said i was wrong and lieing. i still maintain during the bears game they showed a stat about qb release time and eli was at the top and vick had an extra 2 seconds on avg.
later.
and i always wondered, i know thats flea and primus front man to the right of him. whose the guitarist on the left?

Reading your posts reminded me of the Cho Seung Whi manuscripts that were posted over all the news stations following his murder spree.

Mod_C
04-19-2011, 08:29 PM

Look, here's my thoughts. </p>

We are all Giants fans(well, i hope so haha) and I'm sure if we all met we'd love each other(well, maybe not that much), but the problem is, in an atmosphere like this it becomes extremely less personable and it boils down to just words and thoughts andthe person behind the screen doesnt really come to mind(atleast not for me it doesnt)</p>

That said, yea I was an *******, and hey you were too, butthe problem is that thisseems to be a recurring theme. The whole "big argument, then apology" scene, and it really doesnt accomplish anything.</p>

I get caught up alot in what people say, too, and its hard to get over things that when you read it, you automatically think its stupid, lol, and it goes both ways and gets frustrating for both people, thus causing a blowup. My best advice is to just learn to chill and not take people to seriously on here(I should probably take my own advice admittedly)</p>

As for finding the old posts, I tried, either the forum software doesnt allow it, or I'm too dumb to figure it out.</p>
later.

Reading your posts reminded me of the Cho Seung Whi manuscripts that were posted over all the news stations following his murder spree.

OK, this is as far off topic as one can get.