ebick
01-16-2012, 04:28 PM
1) Did Eli ever say why he took that time-out on the first series?</P>

2) Did Coughlin say anything about not challenging the Ware spot?</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-16-2012, 04:30 PM
1) Did Eli ever say why he took that time-out on the first series?</P>

2) Did Coughlin say anything about not challenging* the Ware spot?</P>
Coughlin probably knew he couldn't win that challenge with Leavy having money on the game. He won't come out and say that because ein furor Goodell would probably fine Coughlin for criticizing the officiating.

nhpgiantsfan
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
I don't think it is good practice to challenge spots. You generally don't get a the call on those. Plus he already used one challenge and I don't think he wanted to use the last one on that play, just in case there was a bigger play later in the game.

fansince69
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't think it is good practice to challenge spots. You generally don't get a the call on those. Plus he already used one challenge and I don't think he wanted to use the last one on that play, just in case there was a bigger play later in the game.

They briefly skimmed over it on tv yesterday that Eli may have realized he 12 men in the huddle and called timeout before it was noticed

The league actually suggests that coaches do not challenge spots because chances are it will not change ....remember there has to be indisputable incidence and in a pile of bodies there usually isn't.

slipknottin
01-16-2012, 06:01 PM
I believe they had or were going to have 12 men in the huddle. Eli took the time out so they didnt get the penalty.

I havent heard anything from coughlin about the spot. But with the way the refs were reviewing things, they probably would have lost anyway.

BobSinPA
01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
I believe you got answer to Q 1.
As far as challenge; my guess is that since we were up (2 scores?) and there was still a lot of time left, they wanted to SAVE it. The guys on NFL network were all over that as terrible spot !