PDA

View Full Version : Yeah 49ers have a nice D and running game, that won't beat this NY team.

NYBlue10
01-16-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm fully aware that 49ers beat us in the regular season game, but that team is clearly not the same team that is going into the NFC title game while 49ers essentially is the same team less Gore.

Giants had no Ahmad, Mario was in funk, the D was suspect at best, and the confidence level is not even close.

Here's how the Giants will win this game, Eli scores quick on the first couple of possessions and get the early lead, 49ers don't have an offense that is built to come from behind, it's not their character, and while Alex Smith did beat the Saints, Giants defense is much better than the Saints, and Giants have the pass-rush, and when an unproven Alex Smith is forced to pass, the game is over.

NYG 27 - SF 13

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 08:52 PM
THE CHEERLEADERS LOOK GOOD ALSO

TroyArcher
01-16-2012, 08:56 PM
If you think about it the Giants have given up a total of 36 points the past three games to teams with far superior offenses than the 49ers. Anything is possible but I don't see SF scoring more than 10.

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I think alex has proved himself. but really i think green bay dropped that game you guys looked alright but green bay looked bad. Truth is your D is not that good Itll be a good game but its going to come down to running game and defense on the wet sf field and we are a far superior team. we take the ball if eli thinks he is going to throw it 40 times we will have three interceptions.

TroyArcher
01-16-2012, 09:08 PM
I think alex has proved himself. but really i think green bay dropped that game you guys looked alright but green bay looked bad. Truth is your D is not that good Itll be a good game but its going to come down to running game and defense on the wet sf field and we are a far superior team. we take the ball if eli thinks he is going to throw it 40 times we will have three interceptions.

Alex Smith is no Eli Manning and we have much better receivers. I think New Orleans commiting 5 turnovers didn't hurt your chances. Saying our defense is not good early in the year would have been correct but now it is just foolosh. Maybe you haven't been watching but this defense turned Matty Ice and Arod into scared little shool boys. If Eli throws it 40 times he will have 400+ yards passing and 4 TD's.

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 09:16 PM
remember the saints offense is far superior and drew brees is far superior than eli. Saints O line is better and we were on brees. niners took the ball we're + what now on the season in turn overs its not a fluke. I seen about ten dropped perfectly placed balls that rodgers threw up to open recievers and a hail mary touch down that the giants got. Your a good team but this is san fran's year

Manning4MVP
01-16-2012, 09:21 PM
remember the saints offense is far superior and drew brees is far superior than eli. Saints O line is better and we were on brees. niners took the ball we're + what now on the season in turn overs its not a fluke. I seen about ten dropped perfectly placed balls that rodgers threw up to open recievers and a hail mary touch down that the giants got. Your a good team but this is san fran's year

Saints aren't used to playing outdoors for one, and they still managed 32 points. For two, you guys forced 5 turnovers and still barely managed to beat the Saints. Your defense collapsed at the end, and Alex Smith will have to face a MUCH better defense this time.

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 09:28 PM
24 ranked defense. remember gore was injured before the last game and only played a few snaps. Itll be good but i think you are drinking kool aid if you think we will only score ten at the stick. but if we come out flat like GB you never know .

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
do they have the lights fixed yet?

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 09:34 PM
idk, I know pierres lights went out.

TrueBlue07
01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
we lost that game in the second half, and that's when we didnt have Boley. He is crucial to our success. If the Packers can't put up more than 20 on us I don't see the 49ers doing so. Ya, the Packers had a ton of drops, they also had 2 bogus calls go their way that led to 14 points so overall I'd say the drops and calls cancel each other out.

SF won't be able to intimidate us and out physical us like they could NO. As long as we don't turn the ball over 4-5x we SHOULD win. But SF is a tough opponent and if we do end up losing I wouldn't be shocked. I've seen us have worse losses before.

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 09:39 PM
nice crabs and waterfront

elitime
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
No doubt that niners are a great time, but Giants have been here before, Alex Smith ...nope. Defense is great, but Giants D is stepping up and held Packers to 20 points. Last time we played niners blocked a pass that could have tied up the game. Giants are not the team we saw in the reg. season. They are a more sound and superbowl bound team. If we get to Smith we win. Double up on Davis and keep Gore in check we will win. Giants D CAN do this. If we can beat packers (again) in Lambo, then Candlestick (Which is going to be pretty wet from the weather reports) is going to come down to the big play and Giants have had plenty of them.

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Any givin sunday. Im just saying dont over look us like everybody has all season we are better than a lot of your fans want to admit i think you only scored like 14 more points on the season . And in our first game we played we didnt have a healthy gore and we still did alright offensively. Smith was also on a leash if you look at our last games look at the number of attempts and look at the plays but who cares about offense. defense wins championships and nobody has it better than us.

elitime
01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Regular season does not matter anymore. If we take away one of your weapons you are done. Take away Davis, we then our CBs can cover your receivers. Personnally I dont care for Gore, we can stop him. Our defense is not as good as yours, I admit that. But for some strange reasons we show up in big games and like you said defense wins championships. I don't beleive defense wins championships, the best team...TEAM wins championships. Superbowl MVPs mostly offensive players. The big play and the TEAM with the least amount of mistakes wins. It is going to be a great game and I can not wait. If we lose you better win the super bowl...because I dont want to lose against the team that lost the superbowl.

TrueBlue07
01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Any givin sunday. Im just saying dont over look us like everybody has all season we are better than a lot of your fans want to admit i think you only scored like 14 more points on the season . And in our first game we played we didnt have a healthy gore and we still did alright offensively. Smith was also on a leash if you look at our last games look at the number of attempts and look at the plays but who cares about offense. defense wins championships and nobody has it better than us.

the majority of NYG fans are not over looking SF. I know the team isn't. A few people on the board may be coming off that way but I think that's because they are flying high on the GB win. This will be a tough game, no doubt about it. I just don't see the 49ers winning, just my opinion though. I am 7-1 in picking the playoff games, and I had you guys beating NO last week so I feel pretty good about my picks so far, lol. I see this being 21-17 Giants.

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 10:01 PM
The niners havent went to the superbowl and lost I'd rather not go at all than to go and lose. I cannot wait for this game i think this will be the game of the post season I like the fact we are at home. But I also think we need delanie walker he was the difference in the first game and he will definetly cause problems if he plays with a healthy gore. Its going to be interesting on a muddy field.

elitime
01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
It will be tough, and a great game. Can't wait. two teams that are deserving of what is to come. Remember the fake punt agaisnt niners in 1991? Gary Reasons? Hope it is a game that good again.

DJloves
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Maybe you all have the 'overall' better defense, but it will come down to whose defense can better defend against the opponent's offense. We'll see.

And, referring to one of your earlier posts, please don't use the excuse 'we came out flat' if the Giants win.

JJC7301
01-16-2012, 11:01 PM
No Giants fan are overlooking your team -- maybe just confident. Nobody is overlooking a team that just took care of N.O. And Alex Smith is proving himself. I'm actually more worried about this game than the GB game.

On our D, it wasn't just Boley that was missing -- Tuck and Osi were playing injured and the entire D was a mess. That's not how it is now.

Two questions: 1) How come you can get on our board, but we can't get on yours? 2) Where do you get the gall subjecting the rest of the country to Nancy Pelosi?

nygfan7387
01-16-2012, 11:09 PM
I over look any team that plays in NFC WEST!!!! Ohh the 49ers have a mighty mighty mighty defense! Yeah that same defense got 35 points scored on them by the New Orleans Saints outside of the Super Dome. That is a really high powered defense you got there...Good job! +5 against what teams? St Louis? Arizona? and Seattle? really now.... Their 13-3 record is a product of their weak division!

nofiner9er
01-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I cant even get on the message boards. Nancy pelosi wtf.... I was born and raised in the bay. But as soon as I started my own buisness I packed up and shipped out to a red state. Also one of those 13 wins was against you ok your d was banged up but so was our Offense. We will take the ball from eli again. He will not be throwing it around in the rain even if he does we have a interception machine out there. Good luck though it will be a good one.

JJC7301
01-16-2012, 11:34 PM
I cant even get on the message boards. Nancy pelosi wtf.... I was born and raised in the bay. But as soon as I started my own buisness I packed up and shipped out to a red state. Also one of those 13 wins was against you ok your d was banged up but so was our Offense. We will take the ball from eli again. He will not be throwing it around in the rain even if he does we have a interception machine out there. Good luck though it will be a good one.
HA! Just busting chops about Pelosi.

49ers are a really good team. They deserve to be where they are and they've been great the entire year, unlike our team. You're confident; we're confident -- it's going to be a great game.

TrueBlue07
01-16-2012, 11:41 PM

the only thing that annoys me about this prediction is people STILL don't give Eli his due. He is having an awesome season, and an even better playoffs yet you assume you'll be able to pick him off. Now Im sure at least part of that is your confidence in your D, but I don't think you'd be saying that as matter of factly against Rodgers, or Brady. If the rain affects the team it will be the footing of the WRs, it will not bother Eli.

NYBlue10
01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Alex Smith wins one playoff game and their fans think he's the next Aaron Rodgers, delusions of grandeur is getting out of hand.

Look at the stats for the first meeting, Eli outplayed Alex Smith, and Eli had a so-so day in that game. 49er defense is fake as Brees proved so by torching them.

Eli in playoff-mode is a BEAST, 49er fans are in for a SHOCK. (Just ask Atlanta and Green Bay fans.)

This game won't be even that close.

AntB
01-17-2012, 01:08 AM
The 49rs are a well coached team. Gore is a great running back and the defense is very solid. They have a good tight end and a quaterback with confidence. The Giants should prepare as if they are playing Vince Lombardi. It would be crazy to underestimate any of the top four at this time.

JMFP2
01-17-2012, 01:12 AM
Eli has to be smart, and patient, and most of all, protect the ball.</P>

If the defense operates with the same intensity they showed against the Packers, they'll definitely have a good shot.</P>

nofiner9er
01-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Eli throws alot of picks 3x more than smith. We snatched two in the first game, niners have A +28 ratio on takeaways. I know sunday is a new day Im just calling it how I see it play out in my head. Of course none of it matters but you see where my predictions come from.

NYBlue10
01-17-2012, 01:21 AM
When will these foolish non-Giants fans realize that Eli in playoff is not the same as regular season Eli...

Look 49er fans, your Alex Smith will never intimidate nor scare Giants fans.

I don't think you have the luxury of over-looking Eli.

Good luck.

un3ek9er
01-17-2012, 01:47 AM
I over look any team that plays in NFC WEST!!!! Ohh the 49ers have a mighty mighty mighty defense! Yeah that same defense got 35 points scored on them by the New Orleans Saints outside of the Super Dome. That is a really high powered defense you got there...Good job!* +5 against what teams? St Louis? Arizona? and Seattle? really now.... Their 13-3 record is a product of their weak division!
Don't be that gy that uses the, "9ers are in the NFC West card." We were 10 -2 and had only played 2 divisional game at that point. and then we started playing the rest of our divisional games. We had beaten 4 of 5 teams that were in the playoffs at that point including the Giants. We were 4-1 on the road and the game against the Ravens was on 3 days rest on the east coast and that game could have gone either way. We played your division and only lost to Dallas in OT when Romo played one of his best games. Give credit were credit is due.

You don't make it to the NFC Championship game because you're in a weak division, it's because you are playing good football. No one is downplaying your teams success and I am no way over looking your teams capabilities.

dekkiller49
01-17-2012, 03:24 AM
i respect your opinion but the niners and alex have come from behind multiple times this year (DET, PHI, NO);so what more must he do to prove himself.

dekkiller49
01-17-2012, 03:25 AM
also, you cant point out that you have a much better defense than the saints then fail to mention our defense is much better than the packers too!

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 03:48 AM
idk, I know pierres lights went out.

That's hilarious.

Diamondring
01-17-2012, 04:21 AM
THE CHEERLEADERS LOOK GOOD ALSOThat's not good haha.

RiceFan49
01-17-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm not sure you'll win, but I have seen your Cowboys and playoff games. All of them were sound wins. I had you guys picked to play us in the NFC Championship prior to the playoffs starting because I don't buy into the whole "QB league" and "prolific offense" nonsense.

I will go on record now and say whichever one of our teams wins the next game will go on to win the Superbowl too. If my team loses, I will definitely be rooting for you guys.

Gunakor
01-17-2012, 05:04 AM
Truth is your D is not that good.

As a fan of the recently vanquished, I like to tell you that you couldn't possibly be more wrong. The Packers did themselves no favors as far as drops but the Giants pass rush did what no other team has been able to do this season. They rattled Aaron Rodgers and got him completely out of his game. Gave him happy feet. The ONLY time that has happened since early December of 2010. 400 days ago. These guys are pretty damn good.

Unless Alex Smith has mastered the art of sneaking outside the pocket and extending plays while keeping his eyes downfield, it's going to be a very long, very frustrating day for him.

rainierjef
01-17-2012, 06:18 AM
look we cannot underestimate this team veron is a beast gore is a beast crabtree is stepping up and rogers is a ball hawk overall they look good on all sides of the ball. yougotta give alex smith some credit as well hes a tough guy to have a good comeback in his career. tough physical game down to the wire and whoever wins the 3rd down conversion ratio gets the upper hand especially in the 4th quarter

blueomaha
01-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I like our team in this game...but V. Davis is a beast and McKenzie will have his hands full with Justin Smith.....

Snappinnecks
01-17-2012, 06:50 AM
I find it funny that half of the posters on this thread joined yesterday. Nice try....

OX1
01-17-2012, 07:07 AM

The D wasn't banged up it, was a putrid dejected shell of what it is now. Absolute night and day. Maybe your O has improved, but not 100% (literally, comparing points scored on us in the last 4 weeks vs the our season average). Your O is up 14% over the past 4 games (again, compared to your season average), not revolutionary. You want to hang your O's hat on one game, knock your self out.

elitime
01-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Eli throws about 2x more than alex smith.