PDA

View Full Version : Steve Young

kodijake
01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Does anyone remember that Dbag, Steve Young before the Giants - Saints game. I know the jackass is not worth listening to, but he was but he was just so insulting to the Giants even by his standards that night. The whole pregame he kept hapring on if the Saints had enough in them to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game. This was at a time the Giants had a winning record and while slumping, still led theirdivision. One of the other analysts, it may have been Jaws, but I can't remember, toldYoung that he was forgetting the Giants were still a team to worth watching h and that they were playing theSaints team he was referring to in less than an hour. He took like 0.002 seconds to consider it and then esentially said the NFC was a two team race and that theless than mediocre Giants weren't even worth commenting on. This in a game his networkwas about to broadcast!I was thinking about that last night as Eli was taking a knee with over a minute to play. Neither of the teams that a-hole annointedwere going to the dance. Young has had a long history of completely disrespecting the Giants, but the degree of arrogance of that comment just bothered the heck out of me. I wonder if he even remembers his tool bag comments from two months ago.

Itlan
01-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Stupid thread.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 04:20 PM
there were plenty of times this season i wasn't willing to consider the giants in any conversation about the best teams in the conference.</P>

i can't blame other analysts and broadcasters for feeling the same way.</P>

Desepx
01-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I honestly just think us fans are a bit sensitive. Do the players care? no lol...neither should you.

SRTtoZ
01-16-2012, 04:37 PM
Yes we all remember that, but Steve YoUng aside, everyone on this forum wrote off the Giants after the Saints game AND the Redskins game.

GameTime
01-16-2012, 04:40 PM
who is Steve "Yong".....</P>

some new Asian sports commentator??? </P>

</P>

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 04:42 PM
young has to many hits to the head!!! the guy didn't get laid until he was thirty years old!!!

kodijake
01-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I know most of us thought the Giants were looking bad at this point in the season, it was just the way he casually, thoughtlessly dismmissed the Giants as not worthy of conversation in a game they were about to play that irked me. Especially because if there's one thing we've learned in the NFL in the past few years, it's that the teams who look out of it in November are often the teams playing football in late January and early February.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 05:16 PM
Does anyone remember that Dbag, Steve Young before the Giants - Saints game.* I know the jackass is not worth listening to, but he was but he was just so insulting to the Giants even by his standards that night.** The whole pregame he kept hapring on if the Saints had enough in them to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game.* This was at a time the Giants had a winning record and while slumping, still led their*division.* One of the other analysts, it may have been Jaws, but I can't remember, told*Young that he was forgetting the Giants were still a team to worth watching h and that they were playing the*Saints team he was referring to in less than an hour.* He took like 0.002 seconds to consider it and then esentially said the NFC was a two team race and that the*less than mediocre Giants weren't even worth commenting on.* This in a game his network*was about to broadcast!**I was thinking about that last night as Eli was taking a knee with over a minute to play.* Neither of* the teams that a-hole annointed*were going to the dance.* Young has had a long history of completely disrespecting the Giants, but the degree of arrogance of that comment just bothered the heck out of me.* I wonder if he even remembers his tool bag comments from two months ago.

Have to love Fairweather fans.
28 Posts since 2008.

kodijake
01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
That's just an ignotant crappy uncessary comment. I've been a Giants fan since 1978. I've suffered through Dave Brown, Ray Handley and Danny Kannel. I was in the stands in 1997 when the Giants blew a seemingly insurmountable lead against the Vikes, and there again in 2001 when they avenged that miserable loss. I have sat in sub freezing games in late December freezing my butt off in 6-10 and 5-11 seasons, I have watched every single game they have played pillar to post for more than 30 years, I have missed people's wedding because they were on Giant sundays. How dare you! Just because I'm not a prolific writer, just because I don't have the time to post every day, while raising two children, caring for an elderly parent and working 60 hours a week does not in any way make me a fair weather fan. I bleed Giant blue.I posted a legitmate topic on this thread and that's your response?? Screw you and your ignorant comment. Now I remember why I don't usually post here. Morons like you who ruin it. F you.

Manning2Niks
01-16-2012, 07:19 PM
I remember. I was feeling like I wanted to punch him. It was Dilfer who was like "whoa, buddy! You do realize there's another team in this game, right?"

Dilfer basically said what you said "sure they're slumping, but they're no slouches".

I don't know that the thread is "stupid" or that one is "fair weather" for remembering being dissed so matter of factly before a prime time MNF game in the middle of the season.

I was mightaly peeved that night too. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings and was practically yelling at Young before Dilfer said something.

I actually opened this thread because I remembered the exact situation u ended up speaking of and was hoping it was gonna be about Young eating crow but was expecting him to be talking more crap about how were due for a let down.

I must be fair weather too bc I remember this occurance and was offended by it too despite making threads after the Seahawks game that this team was special, still learning/gowing and could make noise in the playoffs should we continue to improve and progress. LOL at everyone who claims to be a bigger or smarter fan. Go work in the front office if you have so much love and football smarts.

giantsfan420
01-16-2012, 08:04 PM
remember when he said rex grossman would prove he's a top 5 qb in this league?

he literally said that, the second i heard those words come from his mouth, i knew all i needed to know about steve young

Manning2Niks
01-16-2012, 10:16 PM
remember when he said rex grossman would prove he's a top 5 qb in this league?

he literally said that, the second i heard those words come from his mouth, i knew all i needed to know about steve young

Haha, I didnt but I do now that you remind me! Guy is grade A clown shoes.

JJC7301
01-16-2012, 10:33 PM
there were plenty of times this season i wasn't willing to consider the giants in any conversation about the best teams in the conference.</P>

i can't blame other analysts and broadcasters for feeling the same way.</P>
They didn't deserve any accolades during most of the year. We can chalk it up to injuries, but they were too inconsistent.

Now healthy, I think we all feel (and aren't surprised) that this team is playing like it's supposed to; what it was built to do.

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 10:40 PM
You can always count on Steve Young and Cris Carter to ****** the Giants at every opportunity.

GIANTfaninFL
01-16-2012, 11:41 PM
who is Steve "Yong".....</P>

some new Asian sports commentator??? </P>

*</P>

This made me LOL

NYGFaninILL
01-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Does anyone remember that Dbag, Steve Young before the Giants - Saints game.* I know the jackass is not worth listening to, but he was but he was just so insulting to the Giants even by his standards that night.** The whole pregame he kept hapring on if the Saints had enough in them to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game.* This was at a time the Giants had a winning record and while slumping, still led their*division.* One of the other analysts, it may have been Jaws, but I can't remember, told*Young that he was forgetting the Giants were still a team to worth watching h and that they were playing the*Saints team he was referring to in less than an hour.* He took like 0.002 seconds to consider it and then esentially said the NFC was a two team race and that the*less than mediocre Giants weren't even worth commenting on.* This in a game his network*was about to broadcast!**I was thinking about that last night as Eli was taking a knee with over a minute to play.* Neither of* the teams that a-hole annointed*were going to the dance.* Young has had a long history of completely disrespecting the Giants, but the degree of arrogance of that comment just bothered the heck out of me.* I wonder if he even remembers his tool bag comments from two months ago.

Have to love Fairweather fans.
28 Posts since 2008.

You're really going to bash this guy for not posting often, when you've only been here less than a week?

Pretty ****ish thing to say

tikiandphil
01-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Does anyone remember that Dbag, Steve Young before the Giants - Saints game.* I know the jackass is not worth listening to, but he was but he was just so insulting to the Giants even by his standards that night.** The whole pregame he kept hapring on if the Saints had enough in them to beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game.* This was at a time the Giants had a winning record and while slumping, still led their*division.* One of the other analysts, it may have been Jaws, but I can't remember, told*Young that he was forgetting the Giants were still a team to worth watching h and that they were playing
the*Saints team he was referring to in less than an hour.* He took
like 0.002 seconds to consider it and then esentially said the
NFC was a two team race and that the*less than mediocre Giants
weren't even worth commenting on.* This in a game his network*
was about to broadcast!**I was thinking about that last night as
Eli was taking a knee with over a minute to play.* Neither of* the
teams that a-hole annointed*were going to the dance.* Young
has had a long history of completely disrespecting the Giants, but
the degree of arrogance of that comment just bothered the heck

out of me.* I wonder if he even remembers his tool bag comments from two months ago.

There are certainly issues of bitterness from him. I always had respect for his achievements but lately he has been condescending toward the Giants as a team. He may have even been a little correct in his observations of them at the time but for him to be so smug about it is wrong. I remember getting a call from my brother regarding that telecast. "Steve Young, bitter party of one".