PDA

View Full Version : stripping the ball...........

OX1
01-16-2012, 04:24 PM
............or trying every play. It seemed like that emphasis was put on throughout the game yesterday.
I know some teams concentrate on it like a religion, and sometimes I wonder why the giants don't, but yesterday they seemed to try and rip the ball out every play, guy down or not.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 04:27 PM
double edged sword.</P>

the d line tried to strip Bradshaw on a huge run play yesterday and didn't and instead he ran for a bunch late in the game.</P>

usually if you're looking to strip, you're not nearly as focused on the tackle.</P>

Desepx
01-16-2012, 04:31 PM
usually if you're looking to strip, you're not nearly as focused on the tackle.

49ers do a damn good job at hitting hard and making the ball come loose =x

sometimes i wish osi would go for the strip and hit hard.... very methodical how he goes about it, love him for it but yea.

cwbb
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
According to Yahoo Weather, it's supposed to start raining on Friday through Sunday. I wonder how that will effect the game. It will make the ball harder to hold on to.

robtanner
01-16-2012, 04:41 PM
According to Yahoo Weather, it's supposed to start raining on Friday through Sunday. I wonder how that will effect the game. It will make the ball harder to hold on to.

Tuesday through Saturday.

OX1
01-16-2012, 07:04 PM
double edged sword.</p>

the d line tried to strip Bradshaw on a huge run play yesterday and didn't and instead he ran for a bunch late in the game.</p>

usually if you're looking to strip, you're not nearly as focused on the tackle.</p>

That what I figured, but I still think when the guy is 90% tackled, we should start the strip. Once in a while, it might pay off.