PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't Eli an MVP candidate?

BigBlueOnes
01-16-2012, 04:32 PM
When we were staring into the abyss, he single handedly put this team on his shoulders and led them out. When we needed a win in the final minutes, he delivered. When we could least afford a pick, he didn't throw it. When he was going to lose the ball, take a sack or get pressured, he always made the correct decision. NOBODY says he's in the hunt for MVP. I'd have to look at the requirements, but I thought it was something that read "The NFL MVP should be a player who, without them, their team would not be in the position they are in. They are integral to the success of their franchise". Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he's outshone Brees and Rodgers already this year.

DragonSoul
01-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Because he didn't get the single season passing record.

and

Because he didn't have the 45 td to 6 ints, with a QB rating over 100 most of the season.

While the above hold weight, it shouldn't be everything, and it should be most Valuable not most stats, as i posted in a thread earlier on this same topic.

RugDaniels
01-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Some other years Eli would have contended for MVP w/ the season he had. It just so happens that 2 other QB's put up all time seasons as well. Hopefully Eli will have something more valuable than a MVP by seasons end.

Gigante10
01-16-2012, 05:20 PM
These Guys were really pushing for it:

Heroes and Villains: Eli Manning (http://theheroesandvillains.com/handv/H_%26_V_-_Eli_The_Manning.html)
http://theheroesandvillains.com/handv/H_%26_V_-_Eli_The_Manning_files/droppedImage_3.jpgg

FBomb
01-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Unless it's the SBMVP, I couldn't care less.</P>

It doesn't win a SB.</P>

krygny
01-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Unless it's the SBMVP, I couldn't care less.</P>

It doesn't win a SB.</P>
And that's all Eli cares about. Brady cares about "statement" games. Eli cares about winning games.

bootleg
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
The MVP usually goes to someone that earned it the year before and would have gotten it THEN, if voting was AFTER the playoffs. If we go all the way this year, Eli will be the front runner next year for the MVP and win it unless we play poorly.