PDA

View Full Version : If the Field Is Wet and Its Raining

sligoker
01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Longterm forecast is for plenty of rain in SF this week. Lets say that its a sloppy track on Sunday--who do you give the edge too and why?

aMies
01-16-2012, 05:53 PM
I'd have to give it to the offense of each team, which would mean good things for us. As a defender, you rely on making quick cuts in order to keep pace with a receiver. The receiver knows the cut they're going to make and can plan for it. The defender is on a read/react basis and has a potential for slippage. Obviously this might result in a bit more zone but well, it still holds somewhat true.

aMies
I'd have to give it to the offense of each team, which would mean good things for us. As a defender, you rely on making quick cuts in order to keep pace with a receiver. The receiver knows the cut they're going to make and can plan for it. The defender is on a read/react basis and has a potential for slippage. Obviously this might result in a bit more zone but well, it still holds somewhat true.

slipknottin
i actually think crappy wet field favors the 9ers.

Those games generally turn into who has the better run game, short pass game, and defense.

Itlan
01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
i actually think crappy wet field favors the 9ers.

Those games generally turn into who has the better run game, short pass game, and defense.Spot on.

yoeddy
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM
I don't ever recall a game in SF where the field was in bad condition...rain out there doesn't come down heavy like it does on the east coast. And our team showed that it can play fine in the rain (see our last game against Dallas)...

Pakman
01-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Eli Manning

sligoker
01-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I was going to say 49ers because they are going to get a ton of rain out there from Wednesday on and they have a top notch run defense and a better running game (If Gore is health) then we do. Then again, as someone said, Eli was pretty good throwing the ball in the Dallas game.

JayDAche
01-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Longterm forecast is for plenty of rain in SF this week. Lets say that its a sloppy track on Sunday--who do you give the edge too and why?

The Niners are used to playing on a wet/soggy field. The stick is always wet/soggy during the winter months.

giantsandyanks1
01-16-2012, 06:27 PM
I hope weather.com is wrong because it is saying rain thursday through monday which means a very sloppy field and i think that favors the 49ers

Joe Morrison
01-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Alwasy thought the 49ers wet down the field before the Giants came to town.</P>

Maybe a little rain will work in the Giants favor, if it's slick they will never be able to cover Cruz for sure and a slick field is always a + for the offense, so I think it's a Giants advantage.</P>

Denaliman316
01-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Giants played on turf in the rain and snow. Has Smith played in rain yet or snow or anything wet yet?

I would say it's even.

Wet is wet. That's what Cleats and gloves are for.

NYBlue10
01-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Edge goes to the Giants, the d and the running game is pretty much a wash, Eli has a big edge over fake Alex Smith. Anyone who thinks Alex Smith is lucky enough to beat Brees and Eli two weeks in a row is delusional.