PDA

View Full Version : although most of us already knew, eli is elite

FishinTheSalt
01-16-2012, 06:38 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14400754/ns/sports/

It's about time the media is starting to get onboard.

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Rich Eisen told me so last night!

Spizi
01-16-2012, 09:21 PM
how many more years do you guys think we have with Elite Manning? I'm saying at least 5 more years at this level of play. That's amazing!

FishinTheSalt
01-16-2012, 09:56 PM
if he stays elusive in the pocket and we continue to upgrade the oline regularly, he will be here for a long time.

Drez
01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
how many more years do you guys think we have with Elite Manning? I'm saying at least 5 more years at this level of play. That's amazing!</P>

Saying he stays healthy, I'd say closer to 7 or 8 more years.</P>

chasjay
01-16-2012, 11:10 PM
how many more years do you guys think we have with Elite Manning? I'm saying at least 5 more years at this level of play. That's amazing!

Barring injury or the family neck issues, I'd say his career is about half over - but hopefully his Super Bowl career with the Giants is less than half done

TrueBlue@NYC
01-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Skip Bayless still refused to call Eli elite. Still was brining up the Samuels missed INT in the SB and called the whole 2007 run fluky.

Elite or not, Eli has been great and is definitly among the best QBs' in the league and can take this team back to the promise land.

That's all I need to know about him.

chasjay
01-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Skip Bayless still refused to call Eli elite. Still was brining up the Samuels missed INT in the SB and called the whole 2007 run fluky.

Elite or not, Eli has been great and is definitly among the best QBs' in the league and can take this team back to the promise land.

I choose to skip Bayless myself.

WKNY
01-16-2012, 11:29 PM
Eli will be healthy for a while....ever since that fumble against Dallas last year (I think last year), he rarely scrambles even when the opportunity seems obvious.

Don't see many fans complaining about his huge contract the way baseball fans complain about A-Rod's contract in the same city.

Spizi
01-17-2012, 12:33 AM
how many more years do you guys think we have with Elite Manning? I'm saying at least 5 more years at this level of play. That's amazing!</P>

Saying he stays healthy, I'd say closer to 7 or 8 more years.</P>

yea now that i look at how old brady is i feel like he could play at least three more years and he's 3 years older than manning. he's definitely got another 7 years. Better cherish these times because we probably won't have a guy like eli ever again.

GCGiant
01-17-2012, 07:35 AM
. Still was brining up the Samuels missed INT in the SB and called the whole 2007 run fluky.

For some reason, it makes people feel better to bring that 1 play up. There were another 59 minutes and 50 seconds in that game that required the Giants' presence as well.

Regarding the so-called "missed" INT. It woulda been one of the greatest catches ever by a defender or receiver or anyone. I defy anyone to show me evidence that Samuels got more than a single fingertip on that ball while he was at the height of his jump. Unless his fingertips have fingers of their own, that pass was impossible to catch.

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 07:38 AM
yes sir

giantsP28
01-17-2012, 07:59 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/14400754/ns/sports/

It's about time the media is starting to get onboard.

I for one am really starting to get tired of it being a topic on BSPN. "Is Eli Elite?" or people just bringing it up casually in conversation "The thing we need to realize is he IS an elite QB".

HE HAS BEEN you ****s! You don't hear them saying "Aaron Rodgers is an Elite QB!".....why do you still feel like your the smartest analyst in the world for saying it out loud.
SHUT UP ALREADY
It shouldn't even be a sentence anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GameTime
01-17-2012, 08:07 AM
I'st Eli's and the Giants big clunker games over the last bunch of years that has many critics keeping from saying he is elite.</P>

It all really doesnt mean **** though. The Giants are in the NFC Championship. They got there as a team and Eli is certainly the leader with question. Even the defense is his now. You can hear it in their comments. The trust is there 110%.</P>

He is doing things this season that we are not acustomed to see him doing which is a making a difference. Athletic plays that are "unEli like" to a degree. Running without falling, blocking (kind of), diving for a loose ball and catching it in mid air, throwing acurately on the run, throwing off balance but still hitting the mark....</P>

</P>

egyptian420
01-17-2012, 08:09 AM

I choose to skip Bayless myself.

LOL...clever

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Eli has proven that this year. He said it and he backed it up. Way to go Eli!

burier
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
. Still was brining up the Samuels missed INT in the SB and called the whole 2007 run fluky.

For some reason, it makes people feel better to bring that 1 play up. There were another 59 minutes and 50 seconds in that game that required the Giants' presence as well.

Regarding the so-called "missed" INT. It woulda been one of the greatest catches ever by a defender or receiver or anyone. I defy anyone to show me evidence that Samuels got more than a single fingertip on that ball while he was at the height of his jump. Unless his fingertips have fingers of their own, that pass was impossible to catch.

I hate that people bring up things that didn't happen.

What if Steve Smith catches that pass in the redzone on the opening drive and we score a TD? Then the final drive would have been moot.