PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you besides Me...

NjGiant42
07-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Secretly wish Eli would get hurt so that we can get another QB a shot at running the team? I don't want him to get a life threatening injury, but I would like for him to sit out a season. I have never been an Eli fan and I appreciate what he did to get a Superbowl win for us. I honestly think he is, who he will be! Also I think once another QB come and show real QB skills everyone else would feel the same as I do.

FBomb
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Nope....you're the only a-hole that feels that way.

AllTuckedUp
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Secretly wish Eli would get hurt so that we can get another QB a shot at running the team? I don't want him to get a life threatening injury, but I would like for him to sit out a season. I have never been an Eli fan and I appreciate what he did to get a Superbowl win for us. I honestly think he is, who he will be! Also I think once another QB come and show real QB skills everyone else would feel* the same as I do.*

Eli is our quarterback and a damn good one. Accept it.

Dario8676
07-30-2011, 04:51 PM
No, what i secretly wish is that Eli would learn to be a more consistent qb. One or two games in a row he will have 250 yds passing and like 3 tds, or something like that... then he will have a horrid game with like 120 yds passing, 1 td, and 5 int's

NjGiant42
07-30-2011, 04:53 PM
No, what i secretly wish is that Eli would learn to be a more consistent qb. One or two games in a row he will have 250 yds passing and like 3 tds, or something like that... then he will have a horrid game with like 120 yds passing, 1 td, and 5 int's

Yeah that's what kills me about him.

Overdrive92
07-30-2011, 04:53 PM
Nope, it's just you.

NjGiant42
07-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Secretly wish Eli would get hurt so that we can get another QB a shot at running the team? I don't want him to get a life threatening injury, but I would like for him to sit out a season. I have never been an Eli fan and I appreciate what he did to get a Superbowl win for us. I honestly think he is, who he will be! Also I think once another QB come and show real QB skills everyone else would feel the same as I do.

No Eli is not " a damn Good one" I wish he was but im not buying it

FlyingTruck
07-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Secretly wish Eli would get hurt so that we can get another QB a shot at running the team? I don't want him to get a life threatening injury, but I would like for him to sit out a season. I have never been an Eli fan and I appreciate what he did to get a Superbowl win for us. I honestly think he is, who he will be! Also I think once another QB come and show real QB skills everyone else would feel* the same as I do.*

No Eli is not " a damn Good one" I wish he was but im not buying it
LOL okay dude. Should we have made a move at one of the rookie QBs? You're sick dude.

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't go that far but Eli is one of those QB's that'll have you cheering his name one week and screaming for his head the next. That fumble he did against Philly was a real head scratcher and what ever happened to his ability of making a comeback? It seems early on that's what he did best but all of a sudden when the game's on the line, he rarely comes through anymore. With that being said, he's a solid QB that can get the job done but his big brother he is not. Here's to hoping he has a better season this yr.

lawl
07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Is the avatar a picture of Eli's hand?

repeatchamps
07-30-2011, 05:11 PM
With that being said, he's a solid QB that can get the job done but his big brother he is not. Here's to hoping he has a better season this yr.

The Giants O-line, the Colts O-line they are not. Don't throw the sack stat out there either as we have no stat for rushed throws which is what Eli constantly has to do. Oh and also the Giants offensive system and coaching staff, the Colts offensive system and coaching staff it is not (and that's for the worse not the better).

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't go that far but Eli is one of those QB's that'll have you cheering his name one week and screaming for his head the next. That fumble he did against Philly was a real head scratcher and what ever happened to his ability of making a comeback? It seems early on that's what he did best but all of a sudden when the game's on the line, he rarely comes through anymore. With that being said, he's a solid QB that can get the job done but his big brother he is not. Here's to hoping he has a better season this yr.

The Giants O-line, the Colts O-line they are not. Don't throw the sack stat out there either as we have no stat for rushed throws which is what Eli constantly has to do. Oh and also the Giants offensive system and coaching staff, the Colts offensive system and coaching staff it is not (and that's for the worse not the better).Our O-line was just as good if not better than the Colts. I'm not bashing Eli, I'm just speaking the truth. I think he's alright but I like to win and the NFL being the "what have you done for me lately league"... I'm simply asking Eli "what have you done for me lately"? As far as the coaching staff, Eli's a grown man, he should know how to read the defense and audiblie!

DragonSoul
07-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Nope....you're the only a-hole that feels that way.ditto

juice33s
07-30-2011, 05:43 PM

I assume you missed the Dave Brown, Danny Kannel, Kent Graham and even Kurt Warner Years.....The Meadowlands is a hard place to play for a QB, Just ask Phil Simms (Or look at his stats)

mstray92
07-30-2011, 05:45 PM

I want him benched if starts throwing ints again! He isn't above benching! May this Eli experiment does need to end. No consistency with his game at all. Score 35 points 1 week, the next score 6!

devilsadvocate
07-30-2011, 05:45 PM
And just when I thought that some of the comments on this board couldn't be any stupider..........

Ruttiger711
07-30-2011, 05:47 PM

You would most likely have hated the QB's who won the other 2 trophies on the ring your showing as well.

GMENAGAIN
07-30-2011, 05:51 PM
</P>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are. Please go root for another team.</P>

Die-Hard
07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
I just want some serious consistency out of Eli, but I'd never wish injury on the guy, or anyone else for that matter. It's his lack of consistency that drives me up the wall, but it doesn't mean he's a bad QB. We've had MUCH worse on the roster over the years

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 06:01 PM
</P>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are.* Please go root for another team.</P>He did go too far wishing injury on poor Eli lol but hey, you gotta respect his honesty and courage to write it down.

GMENAGAIN
07-30-2011, 06:10 PM
</P>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are. Please go root for another team.</P>

He did go too far wishing injury on poor Eli lol but hey, you gotta respect his honesty and courage to write it down.</P>

No I do not . . . . the guy is an absolute idiot for starting a thread premised upon wishing a season-ending injury on one of our players.</P>

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 06:15 PM
</P>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are.* Please go root for another team.</P>

He did go too far wishing injury on poor Eli lol but hey, you gotta respect his honesty and courage to write it down.</P>

No I do not . . . . the guy is an absolute idiot for starting a thread premised upon wishing a season-ending injury on one of our players.</P>Yeah I know he went too far but I don't want him to leave. I get a good laugh out of threads like these. Good entertainment minus Eli getting hurt.

Chaosist
07-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Yes, you are alone.</P>

What a ******ed idea.</P>

NWKEffectElement
07-30-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't wish for him to get hurt and I wish him the best while he is with the NYGs. I do however think he will fumble and intercept his way off of the team. He has never been consistent and never will be.

gmen46
07-30-2011, 06:20 PM
</P>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are.* Please go root for another team.</P>He did go too far wishing injury on poor Eli lol but hey, you gotta respect his honesty and courage to write it down.

There is nothing honest, and certainly there's no courage, in revealing in writing one's severe ignorance about the game and in revealing one's particular hatefulness by wishing for injury to any person, let alone the QB of the tea he is allegedly a "fan" of.

Shameful, yes. "Honest" and "courageous", most definitely not.

JMFP2
07-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Eli did a great job with a decimated wide receiving corps and offensive line that was injured and shifting most of the season.

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 06:28 PM
</P>

There is nothing honest, and certainly there's no courage, in revealing in writing one's severe ignorance about the game and in revealing one's particular hatefulness by wishing for injury to any person, let alone the QB of the tea he is allegedly a "fan" of.

Shameful, yes. "Honest" and "courageous", most definitely not.Ok wrong use of words, I'm sorry. "Honesty" and "audacity" is more like it.

NYG4Life10
07-30-2011, 06:33 PM
</P>

</P>

Well you dont like him because hes not other QBs who actually have WRS to throw to </P>

We have the GREAT NICKS and MANNINGHAM both HOF</P>

NWKEffectElement
07-30-2011, 06:44 PM
</p>

</p>

Well you dont like him because hes not other QBs who actually have WRS to throw to </p>

We have the GREAT NICKS and MANNINGHAM both HOF</p>

I'm sure Tom Brady would love to have the both of them.

Ruttiger711
07-30-2011, 07:20 PM
</P>

..on an internet message board...

courage indeed

RoanokeFan
07-30-2011, 07:21 PM

Brilliant. Do your parents know you're on the computer?

krankeybluechick
07-30-2011, 07:24 PM
You truly are a fool!!

Kase-1
07-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Cant spell 'Believe' without E-L-I

NjGiant42
07-30-2011, 10:02 PM
</p>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are. Please go root for another team.</p>He did go too far wishing injury on poor Eli lol but hey, you gotta respect his honesty and courage to write it down.

Hey Num-Nutz I do not hate Eli, I can express my opinion weather your like it or not. So when I or anyone else post a message and you don't like it..... And you have the urge to do something Feel free to eat a ***K!

SweetZombieJesus
07-30-2011, 10:07 PM
You are insane. Obviously you weren't around between Phil Simms and Eli Manning, because we wandered in the desert with a carousel of mediocre QBs -- Dave Brown, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, Danny Kannel, Mike Cherry, and I'll even throw in Kerry Collins who was good but once the Ravens rattled him in SB XXXV he was never the same.

You want to take a SB MVP, a guy who has never missed a career start, a guy who is well on his way to rewriting the Giants QB record books, and throw him away for Jared Lorenzen, Sage Rosenfels, Jim Sorgi, or Rhett Bomar?

What, do you have Vick envy?

To repeat, you are insane if you think good QBs come around all the time. There's about 20 teams in the league that would take Eli.

repeatchamps
07-30-2011, 10:12 PM

The Giants O-line, the Colts O-line they are not. Don't throw the sack stat out there either as we have no stat for rushed throws which is what Eli constantly has to do. Oh and also the Giants offensive system and coaching staff, the Colts offensive system and coaching staff it is not (and that's for the worse not the better).Our O-line was just as good if not better than the Colts. I'm not bashing Eli, I'm just speaking the truth. I think he's alright but I like to win and the NFL being the "what have you done for me lately league"... I'm simply asking Eli "what have you done for me lately"? As far as the coaching staff, Eli's a grown man, he should know how to read the defense and audiblie!

Lol, great state of mind to be in, worrying how bad your offensive scheme is all the time and always thinking of what to do to audible out of it. Yeah very conducive to QB growth, consistency and improvement, give me a break. And in what alternate universe are you living in to say that the Giants O-line is better than the Colts. The Colts have the best pass-blocking O-line in the NFL and have for multiple years. The Giants O-line is a joke in the pass-blocking area when compared to the Colts. Anyone that doesn't see that is delusional.

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 10:43 PM

Lol, great state of mind to be in, worrying how bad your offensive scheme is all the time and always thinking of what to do to audible out of it. Yeah very conducive to QB growth, consistency and improvement, give me a break. And in what alternate universe are you living in to say that the Giants O-line is better than the Colts. The Colts have the best pass-blocking O-line in the NFL and have for multiple years. The Giants O-line is a joke in the pass-blocking area when compared to the Colts. Anyone that doesn't see that is delusional.QB growth? Eli's been in the league since 2004 and you're still talking growth, consistency and improvement? Either you're slow or Eli is really slow! I said our O-line "WAS" just as good, if not better! Our boys in 07 and 08 was tops in the league. Don't come trying to distort my words because I would never compare that patchwork line we had last yr to the Colts.

BetterthenU
07-30-2011, 10:50 PM
My guess is that the majority of the eli bashers are young. They have no idea how great it is to have a solid franchise qb for years. The stability that it brings is tremendous. It is very tough to build a team when there is instability at qb. Think about how many years are lost when a team drafts a qb high..think chargers(leaf), raiders(russell), even the Bengals with Palmer, and they are a bust. They spend years recovering. Eli is top 10 and thats fine with me.

barran21
07-30-2011, 10:54 PM
<font color="#FF0000">Secretly wish Eli would get hurt so that we can get another QB a shot at running the team? I don't want him to get a life threatening injury, but I would like for him to sit out a season. I have never been an Eli fan and I appreciate what he did to get a Superbowl win for us. I honestly think he is, who he will be! Also I think once another QB come and show real QB skills everyone else would feel the same as I do. </font>

Fixed it for ya since you too stupid to do it....

FBomb
07-30-2011, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't go that far but Eli is one of those QB's that'll have you cheering his name one week and screaming for his head the next. That fumble he did against Philly was a real head scratcher and what ever happened to his ability of making a comeback? It seems early on that's what he did best but all of a sudden when the game's on the line, he rarely comes through anymore. With that being said, he's a solid QB that can get the job done but his big brother he is not. Here's to hoping he has a better season this yr. The Giants O-line, the Colts O-line they are not. Don't throw the sack stat out there either as we have no stat for rushed throws which is what Eli constantly has to do. Oh and also the Giants offensive system and coaching staff, the Colts offensive system and coaching staff it is not (and that's for the worse not the better).Our O-line was just as good if not better than the Colts. I'm not bashing Eli, I'm just speaking the truth. I think he's alright but I like to win and the NFL being the "what have you done for me lately league"... I'm simply asking Eli "what have you done for me lately"? As far as the coaching staff, Eli's a grown man, he should know how to read the defense and audiblie! Lol, great state of mind to be in, worrying how bad your offensive scheme is all the time and always thinking of what to do to audible out of it. Yeah very conducive to QB growth, consistency and improvement, give me a break. And in what alternate universe are you living in to say that the Giants O-line is better than the Colts. The Colts have the best pass-blocking O-line in the NFL and have for multiple years. The Giants O-line is a joke in the pass-blocking area when compared to the Colts. Anyone that doesn't see that is delusional.QB growth? Eli's been in the league since 2004 and you're still talking growth, consistency and improvement? Either you're slow or Eli is really slow! I said our O-line "WAS" just as good, if not better! Our boys in 07 and 08 was tops in the league. Don't come trying to distort my words because I would never compare that patchwork line we had last yr to the Colts.</P>

When an QB STOPS "growing" he is on the downside of his career. Eli has improved every year, (in some areas better than others) therefore he's is continuing to grow as a QB. </P>

slipknottin
07-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Sometimes I think it may be better if Eli got hurt.

Then the fans would realize what bad QB play actually is, grow an appreciate for what Eli does for this team.

FBomb
07-30-2011, 11:01 PM
Sometimes I think it may be better if Eli got hurt.

Then the fans would realize what bad QB play actually is, grow an appreciate for what Eli does for this team.
</P>

I honestly don't believe ot would make a difference. They have been bombarded with the facts and stats and are still convinced that Eli sucks. It may be the inbreeding.</P>

buddy33
07-30-2011, 11:03 PM
How does this thread not get deleted?

bigblue5611
07-30-2011, 11:04 PM

wow...why am i even replying to this? w8...oh yeah, i had lots of whine at dinner..and,per Mr. Mod D-i can can you a moron and not get banned!!!!!!

bigblue5611
07-30-2011, 11:05 PM

wow...why am i even replying to this? w8...oh yeah, i had lots of whine at dinner..and,per Mr. Mod D-i can can you a moron and not get banned!!!!!!

(sigh)yes, i know its spelled "wine"...its the wine what can i say? sue me

Jiffy Jeff
07-30-2011, 11:14 PM

You aren't a Giants fn.....you're a stupid piece of ****.

Giant in Dallas
07-30-2011, 11:17 PM
I secretly wish your computer breaks so we don't have to read this drivel any longer.

Did I ruin the secret?

BurnerNYG
07-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Fellas, fellas, I am not an Eli basher and I am certainly not the one wishing injury on him. I like Eli and I hope he has a tremendous season this year. I just speak the truth and Eli is inconsistent... anybody who doesn't agree with that is a REAL homer. I am 34 years old and I done witnessed some horrible play at the QB position for the Giants so having Manning's stability is a blessing in disguise. I own 2 Eli jerseys, his rookie away (that I'm hoping I can frame one day) and a newer home version so when you hear me complain, it isn't a call for his head.

gmen46
07-31-2011, 12:30 AM
</p>

Words alone cannot express how dumb you are.* Please go root for another team.</p>He did go too far wishing injury on poor Eli lol but hey, you gotta respect his honesty and courage to write it down.

Hey Num-Nutz I do not hate Eli, I can express my opinion weather your like it or not. So when I or anyone else post a message and you don't like it..... And you have the urge to do something Feel free to eat a ***K!

Was I talking to you?

No, I wasn't.

And you weren't expressing an opinion, you were advocating injury to our QB in order to make a point, as feeble and ignorant as it is.

And, as a tip for the future---- when you complain about being criticized for your expressed "opinion", and then go on to deny that person HIS opinion, you have forfeited any rights to being taken at all seriously on this board.

Combining your expressed ignorance of real life football with the level of maturity you've expressed in this post, I'm guessing you are 12-13 years old, so I should be a bit more forgiving.

But I'm not. Buh- bye.

Marvelousmik
07-31-2011, 12:41 AM
If eli has another bad season, and YES he did have a bad season last year, then i will want us to bring someone in to compete for the starting job. Its that simple. I actually would of loved it if we bought vince young in to light a fire under Eli.

I myself am not a big fan of Eli also. How the *** do you slide and fumbles the ball twice without even being touched? eh, anyways its a new season, so i will think positive. go giants!

BurnerNYG
07-31-2011, 01:07 AM
If eli has another bad season, and YES he did have a bad season last year, then i will want us to bring someone in to compete for the starting job. Its that simple. I actually would of loved it if we bought vince young in to light a fire under Eli.

I myself am not a big fan of Eli also. How the *** do you slide and fumbles the ball twice without even being touched? eh, anyways its a new season, so i will think positive. go giants!
Exactly! Who wants to keep missing the playoffs? Isn't that why we watch the game of football? I know that's why I watch it. I want Eli to do better but if he can't I'm not gonna be one of those fans constantly justifying and making excuses for him.

Stack526
07-31-2011, 01:10 AM
Nope....you're the only a-hole that feels that way.

THIS

NYG4lifeNYK
07-31-2011, 01:11 AM
This might the the DUMBEST, IDIOTIC, IGNORANT topic ever made on these message boards.... I'm astounded