PDA

View Full Version : If Fewell leaves for a HC job

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-16-2012, 06:57 PM
I believe that Spags is in waiting.....take a look. He does not wanna go to a team to rebuild a D i really think he wants to finesse a team that has an established D and that my friends is us if PF takes a HC job.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/137402558.html?cmpid=15585797

Desepx
01-16-2012, 07:00 PM
is fewell calling some amazing games when they matter? yes

would i take spags over fewell if i had the choice? in a second

happy with either though.

RagTime Blue
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I think if we win it all with strong defensive performances from here on in, it'll be hard to keep PF.

KillaRich
01-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I believe that Spags is in waiting.....take a look. He does not wanna go to a team to rebuild a D i really think he wants to finesse a team that has an established D and that my friends is us if PF takes a HC job.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/137402558.html?cmpid=15585797

Spags in New Orleans would be SCARY

Duckdownman
01-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Id take Spags in a heartbeat but timing is everything. I think philly might have the lead on him thus far and unless he wants untill after the season to decide we have time against us (which im glad because the longer we are unavailable the futher we are moving in the playoffs). With that said with Fewells job is not in jeapordy at this point but if he did take a HC position spags is hardly a consolation prize.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Like 1 poster said...Spags in New Orleans would give me a heart attack, but i think he is waiting for ALL the cards to play out as in "all in" and coaching changes and then he has the pick of the litter which of course would be the new york football giants if PF goes. i love the fact he hasnt chosen yet and is waiting to see all options</P>

</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Id take Spags in a heartbeat but timing is everything. I think philly might have the lead on him thus far and unless he wants untill after the season to decide we have time against us (which im glad because the longer we are unavailable the futher we are moving in the playoffs). With that said with Fewells job is not in jeapordy at this point but if he did take a HC position spags is hardly a consolation prize.IF and I say IF the iggles had the lead he would have taken it already and he would not be taking his time. He is a D expert and he has other teams frothing at the mouth for him, if PF goes elsewhere I bet we get him back as D coord

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Like 1 poster said...Spags in New Orleans would give me a heart attack, but i think he is waiting for ALL the cards to play out as in "all in" and coaching changes and then he has the pick of the litter which of course would be the new york football giants if PF goes. i love the fact he hasnt chosen yet and is waiting to see all options</P>

*</P>Not to mention Andy is on vacation and Castillo is still holding the DC position.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-16-2012, 07:49 PM

</P>Not to mention Andy is on vacation and Castillo is still holding the DC position. Well the had their chance and Steve didnt jump on it and THAT means alot IMHO.

kaufman512
01-16-2012, 08:36 PM
guess you guys missed this: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_defensive_coordinator_p_9.html

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 08:39 PM
guess you guys missed this: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_defensive_coordinator_p_9.html
Miss what? That means nothing.

Pierre-Paul
01-16-2012, 08:47 PM
I would be ok with Spags. But Fewell has done a fine job lately. Either one is fine with me. If I was an NFL Franchise choosing a head coach, would I choose to hand over the team to Fewell? I think I'd want to see him do well for at least a whole season, not just for a few games. This is coming from a big Fewell fan. I liked his approach to team building, his energy, and consistent messages all season long.

gumby742
01-16-2012, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be shedding any tears that's for sure.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-16-2012, 11:05 PM
If Fewell leaves for a HC job it's a good thing b/c it probably means we at least went to the SB.

Last I heard, Spags was bidding his time and deciding if he even wanted to coach at all next season. He's probably waiting to see how the HC landscape shapes out and waiting until all the peices are in place so he can make his best decision.

If PF gets a HC job, which I don't see happening based on how quickly many of the open jobs seem to be getting filled, it certainly would make alot of sense for Spags to return to the organization where he made his fame, knows alot of the players from when he was there and knows the HC, GM and other coaches.

stormin normand
01-16-2012, 11:50 PM
He can still leave for a HC job regardless of how long he is signed for.

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I would be ok with Spags. But Fewell has done a fine job lately. Either one is fine with me. If I was an NFL Franchise choosing a head coach, would I choose to hand over the team to Fewell? I think I'd want to see him do well for at least a whole season, not just for a few games. This is coming from a big Fewell fan. I liked his approach to team building, his energy, and consistent messages all season long.I didnt even think about it that way. I agree that an entire season of an above average Defense would be needed for him to get a look for a HC job.

G-Man67
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM
ha, i love it ... 1st it was Fewell was complete garbage to be discarded ASAP and now he is a Head Coach in waiting ... you people kill me!! ... Spags may be waiting until all the Head Coaching opportunities have dried up before making a decision on his future

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I would be surprised if Perry got a HC job.