PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh: "Giants a scary opponent"

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 07:07 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/16/jim-harbaugh-on-giants-thats-a-scary-opponent/

“That’s a formidable opponent,” Harbaugh said, via Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle. “That’s a worthy opponent. That’s a scary opponent.”

And there you have it guys, a little respect to keep you guys happy for a couple minutes.

NYBlue10
01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
He looked and sounded scared too.

titwio
01-16-2012, 07:22 PM

He should know the feeling is mutual. The 9ers looked great against the Saints.

TheEnigma
01-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Smart thing to say and I bet you he told his players to make sure they don't say anything like Raji did last week.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 07:25 PM

He should know the feeling is mutual. The 9ers looked great against the Saints.

they looked better than great.

Mariucci said it best.

the defense the 49ers will face won't be anything like the giants defense they saw in the regular season.

the QB the giants saw on the 49ers won't be anything like the QB they'll face in the playoffs.

gonna be one HELL of a game.

Voldamort
01-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Just play your game Giants,this 49er team is a very good team and well coached ,don't fall for any tricks,traps yes they are formidable play smart and don't let the ref's beat you!!!!

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Beating the Saints was nothing noteworthy, the Saints can not play road ball in January, period.

I had been calling that loss for a while, before NO played Detroit (because no one is beating NO in the dome, period). I've been calling the Niners for real for a while, but I still really like our chances this week. I love our chances. We match up better with SF then the Packers. We can finally get Kiwi back in the fold, since GB essentially took him out of the game, and Linval and Canty have been dirty. The X factor is Osi.

Sundown
01-16-2012, 07:34 PM
To bad the players don't feel the same, They players were hoping the Giants would win so they could face us. Be careful what you wish for!!

Eli TO Shockey
01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Beating the Saints was nothing noteworthy, the Saints can not play road ball in January, period.

I had been calling that loss for a while, before NO played Detroit (because no one is beating NO in the dome, period). I've been calling the Niners for real for a while, but I still really like our chances this week. I love our chances. We match up better with SF then the Packers. We can finally get Kiwi back in the fold, since GB essentially took him out of the game, and Linval and Canty have been dirty. The X factor is Osi.

beating the saints was nothing noteworthy? They won 9 in a row and have looked sick on both sides of the ball. Cant agree with that one

Itlan
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
To bad the players don't feel the same, They players were hoping the Giants would win so they could face us. Be careful what you wish for!!Has nothing to do with talent. The Giants are the hotter team and are a worse match-up for SF, but they would much rather play at home than in Lambeau.

Stop being an idiot.

titwio
01-16-2012, 07:45 PM
To bad the players don't feel the same, They players were hoping the Giants would win so they could face us. Be careful what you wish for!!

Only because they wouldn't have to travel and face GB in frozen Lambeau....Made sense they were rooting for the Giants but I doubt after watching how the Giants played the Pack that they'd in anyway underestimate NY.

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 07:46 PM
beating the saints was nothing noteworthy? They won 9 in a row and have looked sick on both sides of the ball. Cant agree with that one
They look sick when conditions are ideal.

Go back at those last 9 games, how many were played in domes? 8.

The lone exception, @ Tennessee, where they looked awfully average. They are a different team on the road. Put them in a dome, and well, they are incredible.

XxBigWhitxX
01-16-2012, 07:46 PM

Beating the Saints on the road, nothing much. beating them at home, freakin impossible.

Sundown
01-16-2012, 07:47 PM
To bad the players don't feel the same, They players were hoping the Giants would win so they could face us. Be careful what you wish for!!Has nothing to do with talent. The Giants are the hotter team and are a worse match-up for SF, but they would much rather play at home than in Lambeau.

Stop being an idiot.

WTF are you talking about? Saying you rather play a team cause you're "familiar" w/them is a back handed slap. Most teams say "they'll play whoever is next".

And where did i talk about talent? Read much?

NYGRealityCheck
01-16-2012, 07:48 PM
There's no running away. There's no hiding. The Big Blue Wrecking Ball is coming their way and they cannot do anything about it. Tapes of the previous matchup are useless to SF. They will not know what's coming.

Sundown
01-16-2012, 07:49 PM

Only because they wouldn't have to travel and face GB in frozen Lambeau....Made sense they were rooting for the Giants but I doubt after watching how the Giants played the Pack that they'd in anyway underestimate NY.

Thats's weak!! What team announces they don't want to play "somewhere cause its cold". I can't see a team that has a stout defense being scared of cold weather when they play on a sloppy field themselves. Back handed slap

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 07:51 PM

Thats's weak!! What team announces they don't want to play "somewhere cause its cold". I can't see a team that has a stout defense being scared of cold weather when they play on a sloppy field themselves. Back handed slapWhat team says they want to go on the road?

49ers publicly said they wanted a home game. Most teams want to play at home.

Sundown
01-16-2012, 08:04 PM

Thats's weak!! What team announces they don't want to play "somewhere cause its cold". I can't see a team that has a stout defense being scared of cold weather when they play on a sloppy field themselves. Back handed slapWhat team says they want to go on the road?

Thats obvious but most teams they'd say "glad to have a home game" not "I'm rooting for the Giants to win" and "we're familiar w/that team". I see that has a back hand slap and I'm sure some players do.

NY_Eli
01-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Smart thing to say and I bet you he told his players to make sure they don't say anything like Raji did last week.

This

gmen0820
01-16-2012, 08:17 PM

Thats obvious but most teams they'd say "glad to have a home game" not "I'm rooting for the Giants to win" and "we're familiar w/that team". I see that has a back hand slap and I'm sure some players do.Well you root for the Giants because you want a home game, and the only time I have seen a comment saying they are familiar with us, it was justin Smith saying:

"We got the turnovers and were able to get to Eli," Rogers recalled. "The team has gotten better since we played them. They're familiar with us just as we're familiar with them."

http://www.ksbw.com/r/30224438/detail.html

How is that a back handed slap? I just don't see it.