PDA

View Full Version : Listening to 49ers players in interviews....

NY_Eli
01-16-2012, 10:02 PM
....and noticing a lot of similarities between the way they approach the media and the way the giants do.

It's evidence of good coaching I think, on both sides.

Here's an example:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82611912/Are-the-49ers-ready-for-the-Giants?module=HP11_cp

TrueBlue07
01-16-2012, 10:04 PM
yep i noticed that as well. they wont give us any bulletin board material. they are definitely well coached.

WKNY
01-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I love the SF head coach....wonder where they would be right now if they still had Singletary....

Jerry Garcia
01-16-2012, 10:24 PM
I love the SF head coach....wonder where they would be right now if they still had Singletary....

Playing golf with the Ryan Bros.

CDN_G-FAN
01-16-2012, 10:30 PM
there's no bad teams left.

49ers have earned their spot here.

ebick
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
</P>

I was thinking the same thing from the other angle......what must Mike Singletary be thinking right now......</P>

bleeding blue
01-16-2012, 10:38 PM
I don't really know of Mike Singletary's situation and what happened in SF when he was coaching but he seems more of a preacher and life coach rather than a head football coach.

I have nothing to base this on other than the Vernon Davis situation and his classic press conference. He seemed to try too hard.

but right now Harbaugh is working wonders for the 9ers including allowing Alex Smith to step up into his own.

JJC7301
01-16-2012, 10:44 PM
They're tough, well focused, talented, and well coached. It's going to be a GREAT game.

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't really know of Mike Singletary's situation and what happened in SF when he was coaching but he seems more of a preacher and life coach rather than a head football coach. I have nothing to base this on other than the Vernon Davis situation and his classic press conference. He seemed to try too hard. but right now Harbaugh is working wonders for the 9ers including allowing Alex Smith to step up into his own.</P>

It's tough for great players to adjust to coaching, because guys like Singletary never needed to get kicked in the ***. </P>

The game cameso easily to them, which is why they sometimes struggle to motivate players that lack both the talent and drive they once possessed.</P>

WKNY
01-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Think he is an example of when the HC really DOES matter, sometimes people say the roster is the difference, but Singletary started out with fire and popularity, but with the same roster, a totally different style of coach brought them to a totally different level.....personally I think its a crap shoot projecting what style of coach will work with a particular roster.

nygfan7387
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh come on...Enough with this "they are good team" nonsense, they have an above average defense in a pass happy NFL...They are a team that plays in the DEAD NFC WEST 5 of their wins came from Seattle, Arizona, and Saint Louis. If we played in that division we would be 13-3 too...Come on now...We can beat these guys by two scores if we really put the engine on all cylinders

WKNY
01-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Don't think anybody is saying we can't beat 'em....but there's no doubt that beating Brees after one of his classic last minute TD tosses was impressive and is worthy of attention, especially when SF is supposed to have a "bad offense"

nygfan7387
01-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Seattle beat New Orleans outside of the Super Dome last year? Anybody remember that?

dekkiller49
01-17-2012, 03:30 AM
Oh come on...Enough with this "they are good team" nonsense, they have an above average defense in a pass happy NFL...They are a team that plays in the DEAD NFC WEST 5 of their wins came from Seattle, Arizona, and Saint Louis. If we played in that division we would be 13-3 too...Come on now...We can beat these guys by two scores if we really put the engine on all cylinders

really now? we beat good teams outside of the NFC west too, PHI, you guys, DET, (we choked away DAL game), NO...

come on man, above average defense? we have one of the top defenses in the league, and you guys have one of the best offenses, please give us more credit than that...

Gav_devils#56
01-17-2012, 03:35 AM

Dude we went 2-2 against that division and it was pretty close to being worse than that! You still have to win the games and we all know we play badly against bad teams, like the redskins games this year.

SF D is very tough, it will interesting to see if we can get anything going on the ground, we couldn't against the packers and SF are much better against the run. Will be a tough, close game

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 03:36 AM

Oh my goodness...Singletary was a loon...we'd still be a 6-10 team.

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 03:39 AM

Not sure, but I think the NFC West has more wins than the NFC East this season. Again, not sure but it might be the case. Seattle and Arizona really stepped up their game towards the end of the season. 49ers were also 4-1 against playoff opponents this season. I guess 5-1 now that we've beat the Saints. They also started 8-1 before they played their second divisional game.

Diamondring
01-17-2012, 04:05 AM
Oh come on...Enough with this* "they are good team" nonsense, they have an above average defense in a pass happy NFL...They are a team that plays in the DEAD NFC WEST 5 of their wins came from Seattle, Arizona, and Saint Louis. If we played in that division we would be 13-3 too...Come on now...We can beat these guys by two scores if we really put the engine on all cylinders

Not sure, but I think the NFC West has more wins than the NFC East this season. Again, not sure but it might be the case. Seattle and Arizona really stepped up their game towards the end of the season. 49ers were also 4-1 against playoff opponents this season. I guess 5-1 now that we've beat the Saints. They also started 8-1 before they played their second divisional game.
We also got tough defense to now and it is way better than the Packs and Saints.

Diamondring
01-17-2012, 04:08 AM

No he wasn't, he was a good coach and maybe had a hand in coaching your team's players to who they are now. Now Singletary also had Mike Marts and got rid of him. I think that time was all your team need and it still takes time to develope teams.

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 04:10 AM

We also got tough defense to now and it is way better than the Packs and Saints.

Okay. That's wonderful. I was never slighting the Giants and their improved play in recent weeks. My point is that just because the 49ers play in the NFC West doesn't mean they are an overrated team. West isn't as bad as it used to be save for the Rams. Which is what the other poster was talking about. The NFC West mantra people try to spin is kind of old. Last year it was justified. This year things are different. Things in the NFL can change drastically in one season.

If you are a 49ers fan, then ignore what I just said.

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 04:16 AM

No he wasn't, he was a good coach and maybe had a hand in coaching your team's players to who they are now. Now Singletary also had Mike Marts and got rid of him. I think that time was all your team need and it still takes time to develope teams.

Mike Singletary was a terrible coach. At least a terrible head coach. Think about it. He got the coach by inheritance on a few meaningless late season wins after Nolan got fired. He wasn't a coordinator and didn't work his way up the ladder. And last time I checked his stint in Minnesota went terrible as linebackers coach. Things aren't going his way. I don't think he ever gets a head coaching job again. You should see his disaster interview with local reporter Dennis O'Donnell where he blew up prior to a matchup with New Orleans last year. Or when he yelled at Troy Smith when he was struggling.

Shouting isn't leading. And Singletary failed to understand that. He thought he could get by with his "rah rah" speeches instead of X's and O's.

There is a video of Vernon Davis saying he doesn't miss Singletary. Davis, one of the most humble players in the NFL.

RiceFan49
01-17-2012, 05:41 AM
Ever listen to any of Jim Harbaugh's press conferences. He'll never give away any information, shower the players with praises, show respects to other teams, and will never throw a player under the bus. Those player interviews are a reflection of the coach.

I believe it was during the locker room speech when Jim said "Let's move on with humble hearts."

fansince69
01-17-2012, 06:45 AM
I don't really know of Mike Singletary's situation and what happened in SF when he was coaching but he seems more of a preacher and life coach rather than a head football coach. I have nothing to base this on other than the Vernon Davis situation and his classic press conference. He seemed to try too hard. but right now Harbaugh is working wonders for the 9ers including allowing Alex Smith to step up into his own.</p>

It's tough for great players to adjust to coaching, because guys like Singletary never needed to get kicked in the ***. </p>

The game cameso easily to them, which is why they sometimes struggle to motivate players that lack both the talent and drive they once possessed.</p>

Those that can.."PLAY"

Those that can't "COACH"