PDA

View Full Version : 30 - 13: Average score last 4 games

JJC7301
01-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Since the Jets game, we've been destroying our opponents by a score of 30 - 13. That's against 1 good D, lousy O (Jets); 1 good O / so-so D ('boys); 1 jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none (Falcs); 1 best O in league, 15-1 defending SB champs / mediocre D (I say mediocre instead of lousy because of all of their interceptions).

It may sound crazy because we just beat the 15-1 defending SB champs on their own turf, but we haven't beaten a team as complete (and with the type of D) as the 49ers yet. I have no doubt that whoever wins the NFC, wins the SB.

This is going to be a tough game on a solid teams home turf, but I predict a 26 - 23 victory for the Giants. I think it's going to involve a LOT of field goals.

meanseen
01-16-2012, 11:56 PM
call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory

elitosmith
01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
A lot of field goals? Sounds like an earlier NFC title game in SF I can recall. If it ends the same way, I'll take it...

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 12:16 AM
call me crazy but i cant see it being that close of a game because i cannot buy into alex smith. NO generated zero pass rush on Smith which made him look better than he actually is. Their defense is outstanding but NO managed to put up 32 points on them despite having 5 turnovers on which the 49ers managed to only score 13 points off of...i see it as more of a 27-13 victory
Great points, all of them. But every team is different and NO was an offensive nightmare for any defense. As a 49er fan pointed out in another thread, Gore is healthy this time, but man -- I really like our chances. They're D has been the best all year round, but ours has been playing up to their ability and our O has been very good all year long. We almost beat SF when our team was just so banged up. I've got to love our chances in this game.

meanseen
01-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Great points, all of them. But every team is different and NO was an offensive nightmare for any defense. As a 49er fan pointed out in another thread, Gore is healthy this time, but man -- I really like our chances. They're D has been the best all year round, but ours has been playing up to their ability and our O has been very good all year long. We almost beat SF when our team was just so banged up. I've got to love our chances in this game.i agree every team is different. however, seeing the way the giants dismantled the undisputed best team in the league (their only two touchdowns were the results of terrible referree calls on the fumble and osi hit) we basically held the best offense since the '07 patriots to a measly field goal, i cannot see the giants losing at the 'Stick. This 49ers offense is being overrated right now because of their great performance against NO, and while their defense is great, the combo of cruz, nicks, manningham, ballard, bradshaw, and jacobs will prove to be too much in the long run

Spizi
01-17-2012, 12:25 AM

exactly. 49ers think they have a good defense after that? lol Eli might turn it over once if theyre lucky. if i was betting on the game and you told me there would be no turnovers I would put my entire lifes savings on the giants haha. we're more talented

and take away those 2 bs TDs that shouldnt have happened because of blown calls and the average is 30-9. dominant

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 12:45 AM
Great points, all of them. But every team is different and NO was an offensive nightmare for any defense. As a 49er fan pointed out in another thread, Gore is healthy this time, but man -- I really like our chances. They're D has been the best all year round, but ours has been playing up to their ability and our O has been very good all year long. We almost beat SF when our team was just so banged up. I've got to love our chances in this game.i agree every team is different. however, seeing the way the giants dismantled the undisputed best team in the league (their only two touchdowns were the results of terrible referree calls on the fumble and osi hit) we basically held the best offense since the '07 patriots to a measly field goal, i cannot see the giants losing at the 'Stick. This 49ers offense is being overrated right now because of their great performance against NO, and while their defense is great, the combo of cruz, nicks, manningham, ballard, bradshaw, and jacobs will prove to be too much in the long run
People have been saying that the 49ers O is overrated the entire year, but yet here they are in the championship game after going 12-3 and beating NO. They're a solid O; not as good as ours, but solid.

The big difference in my mind, of course, is that this is just a totally different Giants team then earlier. Other fans are misreading this Giants team as just being lucky, perhaps, because they didn't see a talented team that we saw but was just injured -- they just saw a mediocre team that couldn't get out of it's own way. Well, they were wrong -- we are now seeing the Giants team that most of thought they were capable of being.

If 49er fans want to discount the victory against GB because of dropped passes, that's fine. They'll be extra surprised when they get "surprised" by the Giants.

tripleaamin9
01-17-2012, 12:57 AM
our defense truly gave up 4 pts per game the last 2 weeks.
The refs gave the packers 2 tds they got

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 01:11 AM
our defense truly gave up 4 pts per game the last 2 weeks.
The refs gave the packers 2 tds they got

GB also dropped a boat-load of passes. But I'm not knocking our D -- that GB offense was one heck of a talent and catching the ball is part of the game.

I don't think SF receivers will have nearly the amount of opportunities as GB had anyway. Our secondary has been playing very well and aggressive.

NYCDBS
01-17-2012, 04:21 AM
San Fran is going to play us a lot like we played Green bay... They are going to give us the intermediate stuff underneath but no big plays down the field nothing over the top... Eli is going to have to be patient and take advantage when he gets his opportunities.

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 04:25 AM

Whoa what? Where was this game? Saints got a good amount of pressure throughout the game, which resulted in three sacks. Alex's pocket presence has gotten better this year. The 49ers scored 14 points off of their five turnovers I think. The third down conversion has been terrible all season long. So that's not a surprise. But there was a decent amount of pressure on Alex throughout the game with Greg Williams blitzing all the time.

I think Alex also has the second highest rating against the blitz this season. Second to Tom Brady. That may have changed in the last couple of weeks, but he's been good against the blitz when the offensive line gives him time.

Jon6777
01-17-2012, 04:40 AM

Whoa what? Where was this game? Saints got a good amount of pressure throughout the game, which resulted in three sacks. Alex's pocket presence has gotten better this year. The 49ers scored 14 points off of their five turnovers I think. The third down conversion has been terrible all season long. So that's not a surprise. But there was a decent amount of pressure on Alex throughout the game with Greg Williams blitzing all the time.

I think Alex also has the second highest rating against the blitz this season. Second to Tom Brady. That may have changed in the last couple of weeks, but he's been good against the blitz when the offensive line gives him time.

We don't need to blitz to get pressure. Our front 4 has been dominant pressuring QBs AND stopping the run.

Gunakor
01-17-2012, 05:35 AM
San Fran is going to play us a lot like we played Green bay... They are going to give us the intermediate stuff underneath but no big plays down the field nothing over the top... Eli is going to have to be patient and take advantage when he gets his opportunities.

I remember one big play we gave you over the top...

Niners fans, for the love of God, when defending a hail mary pass, get your DB's into the freaking end zone in FRONT of the WR trying to catch the ball.

Great throw and catch on that one, and Nicks' size advantage probably means he comes down with that regardless, but the defense was criminally poor on that play. 3 of Green Bay's defensive backs should have been cut and sent home at halftime, then arrested and jailed as they tried to leave the stadium. Charles Woodson being one of them. My gosh that was awful.

rainierjef
01-17-2012, 06:07 AM
thats the point don't blitz with extra guys send four drop 7 lets make alex smith beat us with his eliteness

OX1
01-17-2012, 06:28 AM

I was screaming at Smith to throw some short screens due to all the blitzes, as NO kept leaving a guy wide open not too far past the LOS. Not going to happen (at least not regularly) this week, we are not going to blitz.

NYCDBS
01-17-2012, 10:13 AM

I remember one big play we gave you over the top...

Niners fans, for the love of God, when defending a hail mary pass, get your DB's into the freaking end zone in FRONT of the WR trying to catch the ball.

Great throw and catch on that one, and Nicks' size advantage probably means he comes down with that regardless, but the defense was criminally poor on that play. 3 of Green Bay's defensive backs should have been cut and sent home at halftime, then arrested and jailed as they tried to leave the stadium. Charles Woodson being one of them. My gosh that was awful.

That was a hell of a play... However what I was trying to convey in my earlier post was that the 49ers are going to play defense against the Giants the way the Giants played defense against the Packers. Taking away the deep throws.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Since the Jets game, we've been destroying our opponents by a score of 30 - 13. That's against 1 good D, lousy O (Jets); 1 good O / so-so D ('boys); 1 jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none (Falcs); 1 best O in league, 15-1 defending SB champs / mediocre D (I say mediocre instead of lousy because of all of their interceptions). It may sound crazy because we just beat the 15-1 defending SB champs on their own turf, but we haven't beaten a team as complete (and with the type of D) as the 49ers yet. I have no doubt that whoever wins the NFC, wins the SB. This is going to be a tough game on a solid teams home turf, but I predict a 26 - 23 victory for the Giants. I think it's going to involve a LOT of field goals.</P>

</P>

Yep. just did another thread how our team has outscore our opponents in last four games </P>

121-50 equaling 30.25 to 12.5</P>

without the 2 Refs bad calls it could be 121-36 or 9ppg for OPP in all reality. Unreal Defense.</P>

also lets not forget we forced 4fumbles on GB a team which only lost 6 fumbles in 16 prior games.</P>