PDA

View Full Version : Chase Blackburn

jax5338
01-17-2012, 01:19 AM
anybody else think this defense would have been a bit better with him around all year? they have been doing really well ever since he came along.

he's probably not as skilled as our rookie linebackers who've been getting a lot of the snaps, but he's a really smart player. he's ALWAYS around the ball. too bad he's slow he woulda had himself a TD yesterday.

i think if they had chase all year some of the big miscues might not have happened this year. chase seems to understand this defense as well as anyone. didnt miss a beat when he came back. i dont know why they didnt look to bring him back earlier for insurance and ST.

kinda leaves me wondering why he wasnt on the giants or any other team for like the first 14 weeks of the year? his asking price cant be that high and he's always been a valuable special teamer. chase has definitely been a key pickup and a big piece in the defensive turnaround.

FishinTheSalt
01-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Guy has tons of heart. He needs to be back here next season. He's not speedy like you said, but he seems to have an eye for the ball. I also agree he's aexcellant special teamer. Nothing wrong with bringing him back as a situational/backup lbnext season. He's earned/proved at least that.</P>

greenca190
01-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Chase (but not too fast) Blackburn

Enough of this "Tebow guaranteed a spot next season" talk. Why aren't they talking about CHASE?!

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 02:03 AM
I was just about to start the same thread. Maybe they didn't bring him back because of salary cap issues? Even so, the FO was wrong for not bringing him back earlier in the season.

Question: If they don't draft a MLB in '12, does Blackburn come back next year and at least COMPETE with Goff for the starting position?

And it is not a stretch to say that the turnaround started with Chase. Yes, Boley being healthy and Tuck and Osi too, but Chase has meant a lot.

rainierjef
01-17-2012, 02:13 AM
i think chase is a solid Mike backer give him a full offseason the coaches confidence that he can get the job done some OTA to get in full sync with the reset of the defense and i think we have our Mike no need to get sexy like reese would say. i am excited to see how the LB position plays out in the Off season with draft and FA

jax5338
01-17-2012, 10:20 AM
my only guess to why he wasn't back is because maybe his veteran salary was more than that of the rookie LBs and cap space was just too tight. im just shocked no other team picked him up if only for his solid ST play.

ny06
01-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I was glad we brought him back, never understood the reason for letting him go. I guess he was just the odd man out at the linebacker position. </P>

We all knew he was a good special teams player, but what I like most about Chase is he can play every position at linebacker (Mike,Sam,Will)</P>

http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&amp;d=20120110&amp;t=2&amp;i=556840073&amp;w=460&amp;fh=&amp;fw=&amp;ll= &amp;pl=&amp;r=BTRE8091TD400</P>

Kruunch
01-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Chase Blackburn is our Rudy.

If I was Reese, I'd find a way to keep this guy this time.

blueomaha
01-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Chase puts in work...i like this kid.....stay blue

lamas
01-17-2012, 10:42 AM
I love Chase, but at the beginning of the season, we had Kiwanuka, Goff, Boley, Williams, Jones, Herzlich, and Paysinger as LBs. Which one of them would you leave off the roster?

jax5338
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I love Chase, but at the beginning of the season, we had Kiwanuka, Goff, Boley, Williams, Jones, Herzlich, and Paysinger as LBs.* Which one of them would you leave off the roster?

to be honest- paysinger. as soon as goff went down I would have brought chase back to battle it out for a spot. he likely would have won one bc of his experience. paysinger has only been a ST guy this year. leads me to believe that a tight cap was the big reason chase wasn't back. unless maybe he got hurt? i don't remember.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
anybody else think this defense would have been a bit better with him around all year? they have been doing really well ever since he came along.

he's probably not as skilled as our rookie linebackers who've been getting a lot of the snaps, but he's a really smart player. he's ALWAYS around the ball. too bad he's slow he woulda had himself a TD yesterday.

i think if they had chase all year some of the big miscues might not have happened this year. chase seems to understand this defense as well as anyone. didnt miss a beat when he came back. i dont know why they didnt look to bring him back earlier for insurance and ST.

kinda leaves me wondering why he wasnt on the giants or any other team for like the first 14 weeks of the year? his asking price cant be that high and he's always been a valuable special teamer. chase has definitely been a key pickup and a big piece in the defensive turnaround.
</P>

Yes. The guy is all over the FIELD...</P>

Now with him and boley and Kiwi and mixing in J.Williams this is no longer a sadsack LBer core. This is getting interesting. Remmber Reasons, Carson, Banks and LT</P>

Now dont jump all over me... I know there is no comparision to that HOF group. but this one seems to be Gelling very nicely late in the season right when we needed them to</P>

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
He has made a difference for sure. It is amazing that nobody picked him up earlier this year.

Mercury
01-17-2012, 12:27 PM
I was a doubter, but I am quickly becoming a fan of Chase. Thank you CB!

galaxy10
01-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Chase Blackburn is our Rudy.

If I was Reese, I'd find a way to keep this guy this time.

Agreed

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Wish he could lose some weight, or get quicker, he'd be amazing.

I say keep him, work him out during the offseason. This guy has heart

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 12:55 PM

yea but it is a suprise. I mean he did trail off last year in his production - even on special teams.

Im not sure his mindset would of been as good had he not been cut. He came back with a vengence

giantsforce
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I love Chase, but at the beginning of the season, we had Kiwanuka, Goff, Boley, Williams, Jones, Herzlich, and Paysinger as LBs.* Which one of them would you leave off the roster?
I would leave Paysinger out. He has not done much and he almost cost us in GB. Ball went under him on the on site kick and good thing Cruz was there and had the presence of mind to fall on the ball. Chase came in off the street and he showed at least he can make an effort.

jax5338
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM

yea but it is a suprise. I mean he did trail off last year in his production - even on special teams.

Im not sure his mindset would of been as good had he not been cut.* He came back with a vengence

didnt he get hurt though? not just his first NFL start where he had the pick 6 and then like broke his neck a few years ago. didnt he have like an MCL or ACL or something within the past few years? not saying he didnt slide last year, but i thought he was hurt. could be wrong.

Ruttiger711
01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
I think Chase has been playing better than he EVER has wearing blue. He must have been working hard, even while "sitting on the couch".

TrueBlue@NYC
01-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Just having a MLB that knows the game and knows WHERE he's supposed to be on the field has made a HUGE difference to the defense, particularly the run defense. He knows how to read the plays and fill the hole. </P>

Couple that with Boley's return and the LBer has turned from complete liability to a unit that can pull it's weight at least. </P>