PDA

View Full Version : What worries you about this game.

rainierjef
01-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Well fellas its that time again. and before i even start i think we all should take the time to download this PDF and print it for game day.

http://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+rule+book+pdf&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

yeah it won't change much but it will ease the anger a little to know that yeah that was bull**** according to article? section? paragraph? lmao

i was talking to a cowboys fan during the game and we both came to the conclusion after the debacle we saw with officiating that we both wouldn't be surprised if they pushed for a ravens v. 9ers harbaugh superbowl. Now (they) being the powers behind the black and white stripes of the NFL or the Refs is up for interpretation. A Little conspiracy theory never hurt no one and after what we saw it beckons a thought huh?

but what worries me about this game is the refs as well as Vernon davis he is jason witten and better, and we struggle to contain witten at times. you need someone big enough to bring him down and fanst enough to keep up, if you double him you leave another receiver open or frank gore gets a quick past and a full head of steam up field. i'm not sacred of their receivers or Gore himself i think we can limit him to under 100 yards. just the huge test of their TE vs our LB's over the middle or down the seam.

Oh and did i say i'm worried about the officiating as well?

JMFP2
01-17-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm mainly worried about turnovers and time of possession.</P>

This game could depending alot on Brandon Jacobs.</P>

rainierjef
01-17-2012, 02:16 AM
I agree as well but even with what 5 turnovers the saints still kept it close with them and would you say the saints front four is better than ours on defense? i don't know the 9ers are a good run stuff defense we need to get exotic with them to get the running game going maybe D.Scott gets a one shot chance to prove he can make a play against them and he does gives TC the confidence to go to him again?

Pop it Ahmad
01-17-2012, 02:21 AM
I'm worried about the weather and about the 9ers getting to Eli.

JMFP2
01-17-2012, 02:25 AM
I agree as well but even with what 5 turnovers the saints still kept it close with them and would you say the saints front four is better than ours on defense? i don't know the 9ers are a good run stuff defense we need to get exotic with them to get the running game going maybe D.Scott gets a one shot chance to prove he can make a play against them and he does gives TC the confidence to go to him again?
</P>

As good as the 49ers defense is, I think the Giants can score on them. Eli has just as many weapons on offense as Brees did. They need to win or draw on the turnover battle.</P>

NYBlue10
01-17-2012, 02:25 AM
Only thing that worries me about the game is the ref making bad calls against Giants.

We got robbed in 2002 with pass-interference non-call.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Only thing that worries me about the game is the ref making bad calls against Giants.

We got robbed in 2002 with pass-interference non-call.
That loss was mostly on the Giants -- our D collapsed like they did against the Eagles last year. It was a very typical Jim Fassel-esque game.

That game never should have come down to the blown non-call. As far as I remember, we were a dangerous team hitting our stride at the right time back then as well.

G-FanFromDurham
01-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Will the Giants A Team show up on the field or the other mediocre one? Also Smith passing to
Davis.

rainierjef
01-17-2012, 06:33 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2003-01-06-giants-49ers-officials_x.htm

Oh **** i remember that... wow i remember cursing up a storm and my parents was in the room with me, i got ahead of myself there Giants loss anda giant *** whoopin. smfh

were screwed refs are going to call for the harburagh bowl.

RiceFan49
01-17-2012, 06:48 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2003-01-06-giants-49ers-officials_x.htm

Oh **** i remember that... wow i remember cursing up a storm and my parents was in the room with me, i got ahead of myself there Giants loss anda giant *** whoopin. smfh

were screwed refs are going to call for the harburagh bowl.

By the same token I'm worried the refs will call for the REVENGE Bowl with Tom Brady.

wrekkincrew
01-17-2012, 07:36 AM
SF has balance. Much like the Giants. GB defense was dead last, SF is very stout, forces turnovers, runs the ball, solid special teams. The kind of team that wins championships. Will be a tough game on their field.

whakka
01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
my worries are:

1) the refs. this game could be close. and after all of the horrible calls or non calls ive seen (all to the disadvantage of the giants) over this run that the giants are on. in a close game, the refs could end our season. just in the giants 2 playoff games ive seen multiple things, facemasks, holding, pass interference, roughing the passer, and horrible ball spots that resulted in fourth downs, all went without being called. i guess i dont even need to mention some of the ridiculousness in the gb game.

2) the 49ers, like the gmen are a physical team. i think the giants have been blessed with playing some finesse teams as of late, just as they are starting to get healthy. i just hope no one on either side gets hurt, because i foresee the most physical, hardest hitting game that the nfl has had this year. both teams seem hungry and determined. i gotta say when canty was appearing to be injured, i was just praying for him to have a cramp or something, and it not be anything serious.

3) weather. rain in the forecast. one game from the bowl id hate to see any injuries on either side. i dont worry about it affecting play too much.

4) the trip. giants gonna have to take that long ride to the west coast.

5) the game. the niners are a "team". like the gmen. they have gelled and are rallying around their coach. they have heart and they are hungry. giants are going to have to go in there and take it, which i think they will.

6) cant get behind. playing from behind against a good defensive team, and a good running team that can control the clock just cannot happen.

hungrrrry
01-17-2012, 08:34 AM
What worries me is the 49ers getting points from their defense and turnovers requiring little from their offense to score.

If our offense is crisp and without turnovers then we should win the game.

The 49ers try to meet at the ball and strip it while holding the the offensive player up but in control.

Ball protection, good throws from Eli and focused efforts to catch the ball

No turnovers = super bowl

NJ10
01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Well fellas its that time again. and before i even start i think we all should take the time to download this PDF and print it for game day.

http://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+rule+book+pdf&amp;ie=utf-8&amp;oe=utf-8&amp;aq=t&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&amp;client=firefox-a

yeah it won't change much but it will ease the anger a little to know that yeah that was bull**** according to article? section? paragraph? lmao

i was talking to a cowboys fan during the game and we both came to the conclusion after the debacle we saw with officiating that we both wouldn't be surprised if they pushed for a ravens v. 9ers harbaugh superbowl. Now (they) being the powers behind the black and white stripes of the NFL or the Refs is up for interpretation. A Little conspiracy theory never hurt no one and after what we saw it beckons a thought huh?

but what worries me about this game is the refs as well as Vernon davis he is jason witten and better, and we struggle to contain witten at times. you need someone big enough to bring him down and fanst enough to keep up, if you double him you leave another receiver open or frank gore gets a quick past and a full head of steam up field. i'm not sacred of their receivers or Gore himself i think we can limit him to under 100 yards. just the huge test of their TE vs our LB's over the middle or down the seam.

Oh and did i say i'm worried about the officiating as well?

Regarding Vernon Davis. We just played Jermichael Finley who is a a
better Tight End with a better QB throwing him the ball, and did a good
job against him. If we were able to contain Finley we should be able to
contain Davis.

buddy33
01-17-2012, 08:51 AM
The Giants need to be ready for the trick plays against this team. The last time they plays they pulled off an on side kick and got a filed goal out of it.

NJ10
01-17-2012, 08:53 AM
The Giants need to be ready for the trick plays against this team. The last time they plays they pulled off an on side kick and got a filed goal out of it.

Im sure they will be ready for it this time around. Coughlin will have them prepared.

BklynBlue
01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
Horrible weather concerns. Just heard on FAN strong winds and heavy heavy downpours for game time.

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Frank Gore. He is the player who worries me the most.

buddy33
01-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Horrible weather concerns. Just heard on FAN strong winds and heavy heavy downpours for game time.

Someone said that favors the 49ers but I don't get it. If El can't throw in those conditions that Smith wont be able to either. So both teams will load the box. Might be a very low scoring game.

Denaliman316
01-17-2012, 09:29 AM
The Giants need to be ready for the trick plays against this team. The last time they plays they pulled off an on side kick and got a filed goal out of it.\

This. David Akers remembered that day we don't speak of. Even GB tried it. I could also seem them if they're in 4 and short going for it with a fake punt or FG.

But yeah main thing being turnovers. We have to stop Gore and make them pass to win.