team but they are not a traditional 13-3 powerhouse. They play in a
TERRIBLE division. In a standard nfl quality division you can give them
2-3 more L's, which still puts them in the playoffs as a a good team
but not as a 13-3 monster. All this talk about their D is a bit
overhyped as well. They are very good, but rank only in the middle of
the pack against the pass, which is what the Giants do best. </span>

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Yes they do play in a terrible division but they have beatned good teams this year. We can not take them for granted.

ToneZak
01-17-2012, 09:18 AM
At this point of the playoffs you can't take ANY game for granted, this team isn't as good as their record says it is. But they are here and are dangerous, but far from dominate like a 13-3 team would normally be.

JimC
01-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Lets be real here. We are a 2-0 playoff team facing a 1-0 playoff team at their home. Whole different setting than the regular season!

egyptian420
01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Hey.....they beat us. So that's saying something.

ToneZak
01-17-2012, 09:39 AM
So did green bay. that means nothing at this point.

Redeyejedi
01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
<span class="echo-item-text">Lets be real here, yes the 49ers are a good
the pack against the pass, which is what the Giants do best. </span>Its going to monsoon this weekend in SF. That doesnt bode well for the Giants passing attack. The 49ers r about as physical team as there is in the NFL. In the mud game favors SF greatly

DragonSoul
01-17-2012, 09:43 AM
While not at full strength, but it all turned once Boley got injured and a Rookie had to replace him, and bam right after he did there goes Davis for a big gain TD because of blown coverage.

They have the biggest turnover differential. And top defense vs the run, but their pass defense isn't as good, hence the yards put on them by us, and NO.

They have a good shot, but I believe we have a better shot. Because our defense is better then NO and the other difference is Eli vs Smith.

whakka
01-17-2012, 09:43 AM
9-7, 13-3 all misleading, none of it matters.

GameTime
01-17-2012, 09:45 AM
At this point of the playoffs you can't take ANY game for granted, this team isn't as good as their record says it is. But they are here and are dangerous, but far from dominate like a 13-3 team would normally be.
</P>

Dude....13-3 is 13-3. </P>

What about a dominant 15-1 team like the Pack?? They are from a good division. They had a bad day and the Giants had a good day. </P>

Is a 9-7 team a dominant team??? </P>

The Niners are a hard hitting fiercly competitve team. Harbaugh will no doubt throw some trick plays in for sure. I dont give a crap what any one says about Alex Smith. The guy can play and he is showing that.The Giants have to be on top of their game. As do the Niners....</P>

BTW....they beat the Saints.......</P>

</P>

blueomaha
01-17-2012, 09:53 AM
this is not the time for the Giants to get complacent...hopefully the NYG can put up a lot of points...you dont want to get in a dog fight with SF...don't know if my heart could stand it...this game is for all the marbles....stay blue

AllTuckedUp
01-17-2012, 10:01 AM
WOWWWWWWWWWWW you sound just like the greenbay packer fan who made this thread:

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/teams-go-9-7-for-a-reason.34119/

It's the playoffs who cares about the other teams record. Win or go home. Any given Sunday. The 49ers beat us and are the best defense we have played all season. It's going to be a hard match.

GMENAGAIN
01-17-2012, 10:09 AM
They are a very well-coached, good team that is playing at home, where they have already beaten us this season.</P>

Don't kid yourselves . . . . we will have to play a great game to beat this team . . . . . </P>

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:20 AM
</P>

Yea. GB beat the 49ers and the Saints. Where are they today?</P>

Saints beat us. But lost to GB in their first Game and SF in their last game. Season done. </P>

We lost to GB, SF and Saints. And we will be in SB... lol</P>

Kruunch
01-17-2012, 10:22 AM
At this point of the playoffs you can't take ANY game for granted, this team isn't as good as their record says it is.* But they are here and are dangerous, but far from dominate like a 13-3 team would normally be.

Want to bet they put up a better fight then the 15-1 team we just beat?

Firenugget
01-17-2012, 10:23 AM
15-1/13-3/9-7..None of it matters. 9ers are for real but I think we're gonna put a beating on 'em. No disrespect to them but Boley already strapped on the discount double check...Can't just take it off.

CTLadyBlue
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
the pack against the pass, which is what the Giants do best. </span>Its going to monsoon this weekend in SF. That doesnt bode well for the Giants passing attack. The 49ers r about as physical team as there is in the NFL. In the mud game favors SF greatly

The forecast can change between now and Sunday night. Here in the northeast, they've predicted snow/rain a week away only to come away with a dusting or a sprinkle

But, wind, rain, snow or monsoon - the game must be played!

GmenFan1980
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM
You're right, their record is misleading......they should be 15-1 lol. should of beat the boy's and cards. As others have said, their regular season record really doesn't mean anything right now.

All that matters is if we can put our best foot forward and come out with a win on Sunday :)

GO BIG BLUE

Zoboomafoo
01-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Why would you sell a team short that went 5-1 against teams with winning records (all of whom made the playoffs including us)? Come on man, SF is a good team, and the 2 seed is well deserved.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 11:47 AM

that defense is a TOP defense and their offense is underrated with some legit weapons. Their whole team is setup for their game plan. Make no mistake, this team is not a joke

lovetohatetheeagles
01-17-2012, 11:51 AM
In the NFL 13-3 is ALWAYS an AWESOME season.

I do understand your point, that they may not be as good a typical 13-3 team, but it's still a great record off a great season.

All that said... I think we are going to CRUSH THEM! It will be another one-sided victory for us.

egyptian420
01-17-2012, 12:31 PM
While not at full strength, but it all turned once Boley got injured and a Rookie had to replace him, and bam right after he did there goes Davis for a big gain TD because of blown coverage.

They have the biggest turnover differential. And top defense vs the run, but their pass defense isn't as good, hence the yards put on them by us, and NO.

They have a good shot, but I believe we have a better shot. Because our defense is better then NO and the other difference is Eli vs Smith.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely think we'll win, but that doesn't mean we should overlook them and act like we got this one in the bag.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM
</P>

Dude....13-3 is 13-3. </P>

What about a dominant 15-1 team like the Pack?? They are from a good division. They had a bad day and the Giants had a good day. </P>

Is a 9-7 team a dominant team??? </P>

The Niners are a hard hitting fiercly competitve team. Harbaugh will no doubt throw some trick plays in for sure. I dont give a crap what any one says about Alex Smith. The guy can play and he is showing that.The Giants have to be on top of their game. As do the Niners....</P>

BTW....they beat the Saints.......</P>

</P>

</P>

+1. As Parcells said, "You are what your record says you are." SF had a great season and just beat NO. The more that I think about the weather conditions, the moreuncertain I get.</P>

giantsforce
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes they do play in a terrible division but they have beatned good teams this year. We can not take them for granted.Ummm.they could not beat the Ravens who have Trent Dilfert's reincarnation as QB. Beside Romo with 1 hand behind his back beat them. I do not think this time around we will take them fro granted as we did the first time.

GMENAGAIN
01-17-2012, 01:19 PM
<SPAN class=echo-item-text>Lets be real here, yes the 49ers are a good team but they are not a traditional 13-3 powerhouse. They play in a TERRIBLE division. In a standard nfl quality division you can give them 2-3 more L's, which still puts them in the playoffs as a a good team but not as a 13-3 monster. All this talk about their D is a bit overhyped as well. They are very good, but rank only in the middle of the pack against the pass, which is what the Giants do best. </SPAN>

that defense is a TOP defense and their offense is underrated with some legit weapons. Their whole team is setup for their game plan. Make no mistake, this team is not a joke
</P>

Hopefully our team isn't looking past the 49ers like a lot of its fans seem to be . . . . if the team looks past the 49ers they will get destroyed.</P>

I don't think that will happen though . . . . nobody could watch the tape of the NO game and think that it will be easy for us to walk in their and win . . . . </P>

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
<span class="echo-item-text">Lets be real here, yes the 49ers are a good team but they are not a traditional 13-3 powerhouse. They play in a TERRIBLE division. In a standard nfl quality division you can give them 2-3 more L's, which still puts them in the playoffs as a a good team but not as a 13-3 monster. All this talk about their D is a bit overhyped as well. They are very good, but rank only in the middle of the pack against the pass, which is what the Giants do best. </span>

</p>

Hopefully our team isn't looking past the 49ers like a lot of its fans seem to be . . . . if the team looks past the 49ers they will get destroyed.</p>

I don't think that will happen though . . . . nobody could watch the tape of the NO game and think that it will be easy for us to walk in their and win . . . . </p>

i agree and i dont think the players are looking past em. There was a report that they were watching film on the flight back from green bay

they seem to be all in

FromTheNFCW
01-17-2012, 01:21 PM
I felt motivated to create this account solely based on the NFC West bashing. Let it be known that the NFC West was not that bad this year, and it's pretty lame to bash the 49ers for playing a weak division, when the NFC East was matched up against the "weak" NFC West.

The NFC West more than held its own, going 7-9 against the mighty NFC East, which is pretty close to even.

The NFC East went 20-20 outside of their division, while the NFC West went 18-22 outside the division. Nothing to bump one's chest about, but seeing Giants fans point to the 49ers' division as the reason for their success seems ignorant to me.

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 01:22 PM

Although I appreciate your optmism IMO what you say is not accurate because they beat us head to head and beat a NO team that more ore less looked like a machine against us the last 2 games we faced them. Note: their D is pretty darn good.

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I felt motivated to create this account solely based on the NFC West bashing. Let it be known that the NFC West was not that bad this year, and it's pretty lame to bash the 49ers for playing a weak division, when the NFC East was matched up against the "weak" NFC West.

The NFC West more than held its own, going 7-9 against the mighty NFC East, which is pretty close to even.

The NFC East went 20-20 outside of their division, while the NFC West went 18-22 outside the division. Nothing to bump one's chest about, but seeing Giants fans point to the 49ers' division as the reason for their success seems ignorant to me.
The intelligent fans don't buy the west inferior to east thing. 49ers beat us and Eagals, Seahawks beat us and Eagals.

Providence
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
At least they beat Seattle...

Easy-Duz-It
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM

i agree. the cardinals and seahawks came on strong the second half of the season as well. there were 3 good teams in the west.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM

your right, but I still do think its the weakest division in the NFC

with that said, the NFL is full of parody and the "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY" matra is always in effect. There are a couple great teams, and a couple awful teams. Everybody in the middle is a play away from being better than the next.

dekkiller49
01-17-2012, 02:25 PM
</p>

Yea. GB beat the 49ers and the Saints. Where are they today?</p>

Saints beat us. But lost to GB in their first Game and SF in their last game. Season done. </p>

We lost to GB, SF and Saints. And we will be in SB... lol</p>

GB never beat us...

stormblue
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
In the NFL 13-3 is ALWAYS an AWESOME season.

I do understand your point, that they may not be as good a typical 13-3 team, but it's still a great record off a great season.

All that said... I think we are going to CRUSH THEM! It will be another one-sided victory for us.

yeah, l'm thinkin' like 27 to 13.

sharick88
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
The 49ers are more than a formidable opponent. The weak division take is a bad one IMO. The NFC west more than held their own against the NFC east this season. They were in all 3 of their losses too. I respect that team over there. It's going to take an awesome effort from our team to go over there and take care of business. Let's go!

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 02:45 PM
PLEASE underestimate us!

It has worked all year long ;)

bearbryant
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
PLEASE underestimate us!

Its funny seeing somebody thats not a Giant fan telling us to " underestimate us". That privledge is usually reserved for the New York Football Giants; We never get any respect! Until the end of the game when the opponents QB's make statements like; " Well, there played a pretty good game to beat us".
Lets see which QB is talking after the game! Go Giants!!

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 02:54 PM
PLEASE underestimate us!

LOL, the fans aren't playing the game. Do you think for one second anyone should take the 49ers lightly?

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 03:17 PM
PLEASE underestimate us!

Its funny seeing somebody thats not a Giant fan telling us to " underestimate us". That privledge is usually reserved for the New York Football Giants; We never get any respect! Until the end of the game when the opponents QB's make statements like; " Well, there played a pretty good game to beat us".
Lets see which QB is talking after the game! Go Giants!!

Actually, I understand. I have a good friend who is a Giants fan. Say's the same thing. All Jets and no NYG love.

Well one of these "no name" teams will be in the 'bowl!!!

Cheers!