PDA

View Full Version : Ideas about Comp picks?

Shockeyitus
01-17-2012, 08:36 AM
We lose SS, Coefield andBoss (draft picks).... Seubert, O'Hara.... Did we have the rights to Plax still and then lose him?</P>

</P>

Not sure if we get comp'd on the Seubert, O'Hara and Plax situations, but I'm sure we will get comp'd for SS, Coefield and Boss. </P>

Any ideas on rounds?</P>

Raptor22
01-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Since the Giants cut O'hara, Suebert, and Plax, they don't get anything for them.

They should, however get a 4th and a 7th for Cofield and Smith (Baas and Boss cancel each other out)... of course, the formula is stupidly complex, so who knows?

BlueSanta
01-17-2012, 11:44 AM
of course, the formula is stupidly complex, so who knows?

Well, I have read the explanation of the system and have a decent grasp on it so ill explain.

The owners get together in the offseason at a very nice hotel with good golf access nearby and prepare for intense negotiation. Each owner argues how their team was decimated in free agency the prior year and how every other owner had Zuckerberg-like profits in free agency at their team's expense. These arguments last a while until all the expensive food and wine makes everyone sleepy and the negotiations begin to break down and owners begin to come to agreement with each other out of sheer exhaustion and lack of will to proceed any fruther into the night.

After long minutes of arguing everyone retires to their room and awakes the next day eager and ready to begin the long limo ride to the golf course.

As you can see, my expertise in this area is extensive. It is with this knowledge I have come to the conclusion that it is anyone's guess what picks we will be awarded but that it is usually less than we think we will get.

Raptor22
01-17-2012, 11:49 AM
of course, the formula is stupidly complex, so who knows?

Well, I have read the explanation of the system and have a decent grasp on it so ill explain.

The owners get together in the offseason at a very nice hotel with good golf access nearby and prepare for intense negotiation. Each owner argues how their team was decimated in free agency the prior year and how every other owner had Zuckerberg-like profits in free agency at their team's expense. These arguments last a while until all the expensive food and wine makes everyone sleepy and the negotiations begin to break down and owners begin to come to agreement with each other out of sheer exhaustion and lack of will to proceed any fruther into the night.

After long minutes of arguing everyone retires to their room and awakes the next day eager and ready to begin the long limo ride to the golf course.

As you can see, my expertise in this area is extensive. It is with this knowledge I have come to the conclusion that it is anyone's guess what picks we will be awarded but that it is usually less than we think we will get.

Hmm... mayhaps Giants fans should all chip in and buy the other 31 owners new drivers.

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Jerry Jones needs an extra fancy one. His old ones get worn faster when he's out earlier with Romo.