PDA

View Full Version : Confessional

jomo
01-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Let this thread be a lighthearted place where anyone can come to express regrets for the incorrect (some might say boneheaded [:)])things they have said about the Giants, their players and coaches. Let me start here:</P>

I had been very, very hard on our special teams led by coach Quinn last year and in the off season. His and their performance this yearleave mefeeling a remorseful. My premise had been that most special teams are comprised of backup CB's and LB's and there isn't much differential there from team to team. Therefore, ST coaching was the differential and it was there that we were failing.</P>

Fast forward, we get a new reliable directional punter, our kickoff returns look at least dangerous, our punt returns are for the most part uneventful (that is a good thing) our our coverage on punts and kick-offs bears no resemblance to the mess we had to watch last year and Tynes takes his performance up a half notch (with an assist from the NFL in moving the spot of the kickoff).</P>

To our special teams led by coach Quinn, my sincerest apologies. Congratulations on a great turnaround performance! [B]</P>

Anyone else moved to bare their soul here on Quinn or other coaches/players?</P>

Kendo15
01-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Sigh ..................... here goes.</P>

</P>

Victor Cruz, I apologise for calling you "hands of f*****g stone" after a drop against Washington first game.</P>

GameTime
01-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Not a regret but I was a Osi basher of how he handled his contract deal and I also think he was milking his injury until the Giants were at least had great hopes of the playoffs. I still think that he milked it. </P>

BUT....I cannot deny and never have denied his impact as a player when he is healthy. They guy is one of the biggest game changers in the league. 10 forced fumble last year and what he is doing since he came back in after the Jets game.....he is on fire and the Giants need him to make the run to the SB.</P>

Other than that....I am not a KG, PF, TC basher so all good by me....</P>

ibbill
01-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Oh my okay I give up. OSI

Wanted to dump trade or bench him.

Thought he was a virus and was infecting the team.

I was wrong he really was hurt.

I feel better thanks for the thread.

AllTuckedUp
01-17-2012, 09:17 AM

I feel better thanks for the thread.

Kruunch
01-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Let this thread be a lighthearted place where anyone can come to express regrets for the incorrect (some might say boneheaded [:)])*things they have said about the Giants, their players and coaches. Let me start here:</P>

I had been very, very hard on our special teams led by coach Quinn last year and in the off season. His and their performance this year*leave me*feeling a remorseful. My premise had been that most special teams are comprised of backup CB's and LB's and there isn't much differential there from team to team. Therefore, ST coaching was the differential and it was there that we were failing.</P>

Fast forward, we get a new reliable directional punter, our kickoff returns look at least dangerous, our punt returns are for the most part uneventful (that is a good thing) our our coverage on punts and kick-offs bears no resemblance to the mess we had to watch last year and Tynes takes his performance up a half notch (with an assist from the NFL in moving the spot of the kickoff).</P>

To our special teams led by coach Quinn, my sincerest apologies. Congratulations on a great turnaround performance! [B]</P>

Anyone else moved to bare their soul here on Quinn or other coaches/players?</P>

I wonder how much effect Larry Izzo has had on our ST this year.

a50yrfan
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
I apologize to Perry Fewell fro my rash judgement about his ability as a DC. Sincere apologies.

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 12:22 PM
I hated Fewell, but now I'm starting to realize maybe it's our personnel, it's not a joke we still need secondary upgrades next season

jomo
01-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Sigh ..................... here goes.</P>

*</P>

Victor Cruz, I apologise for calling you "hands of f*****g stone" after a drop against Washington first game.</P>It is therapeutic to get these things off your chest before the big game Sunday.

jomo
01-17-2012, 12:34 PM
I hated Fewell, but now I'm starting to realize maybe it's our personnel, it's not a joke we still need secondary upgrades next seasonI confess here today, that although I never uttered the words, but I confess here today that my thoughts were filled with the same doubts about Fewell.

jomo
02-21-2012, 07:30 PM
All right, I need another trip to the confessional.</P>

Topic: Kevin Gilbride</P>

OK, I never killed the guy but I had my doubts and couldn't care less if he stayed or went. Then I watch him in action through the playoffs including the Super Bowl and I realize.........this guy matched wits with Bill Belichickfour timesand won 3 of them including 2 SB's. I guess what I meant to say all along is that this guy can stay as long as we can keep him. lol There, I got it off my chest.</P>

You are welcome to purge your guilty feelings here on any Giants topic whenever you are ready.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-21-2012, 08:08 PM
"NO SOUP FOR YOU"!! Well I have one......I still think he is a fool for only bringing 2 or 3 on certain plays, but we won it all so what the hell. PF, you did well with what you had to work with but do that crap again and "I KILL YOU"

NYGRealityCheck
02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Man up!

Giants down by 12 points vs. Cowboys at Dallas less then 4-5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter facing possible playoff elimination.

I admit it!

Eli drives them for TD, Austin Miles doesn't get a critical 3rd down pass, Eli drives them again for another TD for lead, JPP blocked game-tying FG For The Win!

egyptian420
02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Austin Miles doesn't get a critical 3rd down pass
If Miles was a few millimeters ahead and catches that ball, our season ends right there. The TC, PF, Reese and players' bashing threads would have been by the piles.

Instead we are now talking about Eli being elite and some on here who think he's the best in the league, better than Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees. We got people saying future HOFer.....it's funny how there's such a thin line between love and hate.

NYGRealityCheck
02-21-2012, 08:29 PM
If Miles was a few millimeters ahead and catches that ball, our season ends right there. The TC, PF, Reese and players' bashing threads would have been by the piles.

Instead we are now talking about Eli being elite and some on here who think he's the best in the league, better than Brady, Rodgers, Peyton, and Brees. We got people saying future HOFer.....it's funny how there's such a thin line between love and hate.

so true. I could include the Welker dropped pass in the Superbowl that would have put the Giants in very bad shape, but i don't want to create 13 page threads on What If's.

It's just part of the woven fabric of the Giants' destiny this season. Starting with Smith left, Burress declined, (which people somehow still blamed Reese for being cheap, which was false anyway), Hixon injured, Welcome Victor Cruz!.

Had Cruz ended up with another football team like the Eagles and put up his season numbers, Reese would be getting bashed.

zimonami
02-21-2012, 08:55 PM
Guilty conscience, jomo?
You must be Catholic.
mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
You know me... I rarely criticize anyone. So, I haven't said anything I feel guilty about. But, the nuns always taught me that just thinking a sin is a sin.
So, I must admit... I didn't think we could win it all without a better run blocking OLine. They were just barely good enough, and they can thank Bradshaw for giving 110% on every carry.
And, thank you Chase Blackburn for bringing vet savvy and maturity to a LB corp that I thought wasn't good enough.
And, thank you to all the DB's, a group I thought was poor, for deciding they needed to get together 3X a week after practice to get better, and for having the courage to go to Fewell and request more Man coverage.
It was Karma.
Every break we got. Every dropped pass our foe's had. Every INT they had in their radar that they dropped. Every little thing that went right.
I've spent 50 years watching the breaks go against us way more times than they have gone for us. This year was Karma. Everything we needed to go right, went right when we needed it most.
A magic year, for sure.
Now, I'm ready to meet The Man.

egyptian420
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM

so true. I could include the Welker dropped pass in the Superbowl that would have put the Giants in very bad shape, but i don't want to create 13 page threads on What If's.

It's just part of the woven fabric of the Giants' destiny this season. Starting with Smith left, Burress declined, (which people somehow still blamed Reese for being cheap, which was false anyway), Hixon injured, Welcome Victor Cruz!.

Had Cruz ended up with another football team like the Eagles and put up his season numbers, Reese would be getting bashed.
Agree 100%....Oh man, if Cruz had gone on another team or if Steve Smith was actually productive in Philly, people would've chased Reese out of town. Many people were already killing him when we let Smith, Boss, Seubert, O'Hara, and Cofield walk and they were crapping their pants because of all the moves Philly was making. Now those same people are talking trash to Philly fans and boasting about how good our front office is.

egyptian420
02-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Lol does anyone here remember the Brandon Stokley experiment? I gotta admit, I was kind of happy when we got him.

...little did I know we already had our future answer at WR sitting on the bench.

RagTime Blue
02-21-2012, 09:56 PM
We're fans, not football experts for the most part.

I don't apologize for wanting Coughlin gone. . .nor will I ever. I just admit that I was wrong. Next year I may be right.

YATittle1962
02-21-2012, 09:59 PM
I was ready to let Osi walk and was tired of his whining

^ foolish

while searching for reasons for early struggles I picked apart Elis mechanics like it was my job

apologies for both

jomo
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Guilty conscience, jomo? You must be Catholic. mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. You know me... I rarely criticize anyone. So, I haven't said anything I feel guilty about. But, the nuns always taught me that just thinking a sin is a sin. So, I must admit... I didn't think we could win it all without a better run blocking OLine. They were just barely good enough, and they can thank Bradshaw for giving 110% on every carry. And, thank you Chase Blackburn for bringing vet savvy and maturity to a LB corp that I thought wasn't good enough. And, thank you to all the DB's, a group I thought was poor, for deciding they needed to get together 3X a week after practice to get better, and for having the courage to go to Fewell and request more Man coverage. It was Karma. Every break we got. Every dropped pass our foe's had. Every INT they had in their radar that they dropped. Every little thing that went right. I've spent 50 years watching the breaks go against us way more times than they have gone for us. This year was Karma. Everything we needed to go right, went right when we needed it most. A magic year, for sure. Now, I'm ready to meet The Man.Is that all you've got Zim? lol

blueomaha
02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
got to man up to Weatherford...didn't think he had it in him...he's been cold blooded on punts.....

rainierjef
02-21-2012, 10:35 PM
wow what a response lol i made a eat your crow thread like this and no one budged, good to see were humble.

i'll say it again i wanted to square up with kevin gilbride, thought he was in over his head, couldn't call a good game struck lightning on that first eagles game then cold turkey for the rest of the season. i was wrong i am sorry. i dont want to fight you anymore coach, just pinch you when you call shout gun draws back to back [:(]

giantsfan420
02-21-2012, 10:38 PM

well eli's play wasn't a reason why we were losing, at all...he was pretty much the reason we were winning. those that were hating on him were usually just spoiled unaware people who believe a qb should be 24-30 for 300+yards and 3 tds no picks week in week out

mainegiantsfan
02-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Should be more Eli appologies. Include mine. He started playing like many said he was playing like all along. His accuracy is now a thing to marvel. I heard his QB coach gave him more confidence by working on his footwork to get out of trouble for one thing. I wonder what really turned his performance around.

zimonami
02-21-2012, 11:01 PM

^ foolish

while searching for reasons for early struggles I picked apart Elis mechanics like it was my job

apologies for both

Way too hard on yourself, YA... We both agreed Osi needed to stop whining... just shut up and play... you weren't wrong on that.
We also agreed Eli often didn't stride forward pushing off his right leg... instead of passing off his "back" foot, as everyone erroneously calls it. When he steps into his throws he is way more accurate, and the pass has way more zip... and you were right on in that criticism... But, he mostly gets away with it... and I'll try not to have a heart attack every time he does it and floats one up as he's falling backwards... because that's who he is, and I don't think he's going to stop doing it 100%, ever. He just has so much confidence in his ability to be accurate doing it. But, at his own QB school for youngsters I'm sure he wouldn't encourage it.

Matt C
02-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I was soooooo pissed when we drafted JPP. I remember being at the bar watching the draft with my friend. I was sooooo mad I remember yelling out "We drafted the ****** back flip guy!" I yelled and cursed and hated him

mmmm crow

giantsfan420
02-21-2012, 11:16 PM

^ foolish

apologies for both

Way too hard on yourself, YA... We both agreed Osi needed to stop whining... just shut up and play... you weren't wrong on that.
We also agreed Eli often didn't stride forward pushing off his right leg... instead of passing off his "back" foot, as everyone erroneously calls it. When he steps into his throws he is way more accurate, and the pass has way more zip... and you were right on in that criticism... But, he mostly gets away with it... and I'll try not to have a heart attack every time he does it and floats one up as he's falling backwards... because that's who he is, and I don't think he's going to stop doing it 100%, ever. He just has so much confidence in his ability to be accurate doing it. But, at his own QB school for youngsters I'm sure he wouldn't encourage it.

actually, thats one of the most common myths about eli. the "backfoot" throw. every qb in the nfl, at least successful ones, HAS to be able to throw off the back foot.

now dont get me wrong, the ones where he's actually falling backwards and has no shot to put anything on the ball...those suck. but he may have done that 5 times tops last season.

eli was able to put the ball in amazingly tight windows throwing off his back foot. its what allowed him to wait until the last second before throwing a ton of times. of course his technique will be better when he can step up into the throw, but that seemed to happen much less than eli having to make a tough throw off his backfoot

bearbryant
02-21-2012, 11:28 PM
If it wasn't the ST's coaching, it was the DC's inability to scheme his lineman properly. If kildrive would only get creative we might stay on the field longer and score some points. if Eli would only use the no huddle more. If the HC would wake up and stop being so damn conservative, we'd win more games... And On And On And On. I had plenty of ways for the G-Men to march to victory this year. Good thing the FO and the staff had a better way than I did! Go Giants!

TheBookOfEli
02-21-2012, 11:30 PM
I want to apologize to Tom Coughlin and the rest of the coaching staff. I felt that we were such a talented team being run by "old" coaches.

Thanks for proving me wrong Coach Coughlin......again.

ru_gmen55
02-21-2012, 11:38 PM
1.) Count me in as a former Osi-hater. Well..."hater" is a strong term....but I was NOT happy about how he handled the contract situation in the off-season. I still find the way he handled the situation to be asenine...but where I stand corrected is in the "he's gonna be an awful teammate, and will not try his very best this season" kind of way. I thought for sure that he was going to sleep through this season...and boy was I wrong. He made an IMMEDIATE impact when he came back from his injury, and played a big role this season. Again, I stand by my initial opinion that he was straight up WRONG in the off-season, but I changed my mind about my second opinion as soon as he got back. Even before they wound up making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl, my opinion of Osi was drastically different after his return than it was in the off season.

2.) Another area I was wrong - I never though that Eli could be "the guy" over the course of a season. I had this argument with my friend OVER AND OVER again, even as late as this past September. I always loved Eli, don't get me wrong...and I didn't necessarily want another QB here. I just figured that if he didn't have a fully stacked O-Line and running game, he would not be very successful this season. Turns out, the Giants had neither a stacked O-Line or even a half-decent running game, and Eli carried the damn team through the regular season. I never thought it could happen, but boy am I glad I was wrong! If it wasn't for Eli doing what he did this year, the Giants would have had a long, miserable season.

3.) I figured Antrel Rolle would never buy into Coughlin's football philosophies. He just seemed too arrogant and too set in his ways. Again...glad I was wrong. He has a big mouth...but I'm convinced that when he called out his teammates for not putting their best foot forward, a switch went off, and guys really bought into it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know...they started playing much better after those comments, so who knows? By the way, when that initially happened, I said "wow...he said that? Really? He called out his teammates to the media? This team won't win a game for the rest of the season." Again...glad I was wrong.

Sorry, I know this is a long post...I guess I'm just wrong A LOT...heh heh.

Toadofsteel
02-22-2012, 01:42 AM
My sincere apologies to Perry Fewell. I wanted him out when I saw QB's have all day to throw against our defense. Granted, I'd still like to see him blitz more, but seeing our front 4 on this run get sacks, forced fumbles, and of course JPP's specialty open field tackles of the RB from behind, all WITHOUT blitzing, I can trust him a little more. I just hope that, even if Osi is not a Giant next year, that we get someone beefy like that so we can nascar some ****.

Oh, and I was a big eli critic in 2010 (my nickname for him was the "interception machine") I won't apologize for my criticism last year on him, but I will give him credit for working with the WR to the level he has and stepping up his game and correcting his mistakes (like the "back foot"). That's what separates truly elite qb's from the rest.

jomo
02-22-2012, 06:49 AM
1.) Count me in as a former Osi-hater. Well..."hater" is a strong term....but I was NOT happy about how he handled the contract situation in the off-season. I still find the way he handled the situation to be asenine...but where I stand corrected is in the "he's gonna be an awful teammate, and will not try his very best this season" kind of way. I thought for sure that he was going to sleep through this season...and boy was I wrong. He made an IMMEDIATE impact when he came back from his injury, and played a big role this season. Again, I stand by my initial opinion that he was straight up WRONG in the off-season, but I changed my mind about my second opinion as soon as he got back. Even before they wound up making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl, my opinion of Osi was drastically different after his return than it was in the off season. 2.) Another area I was wrong - I never though that Eli could be "the guy" over the course of a season. I had this argument with my friend OVER AND OVER again, even as late as this past September. I always loved Eli, don't get me wrong...and I didn't necessarily want another QB here. I just figured that if he didn't have a fully stacked O-Line and running game, he would not be very successful this season. Turns out, the Giants had neither a stacked O-Line or even a half-decent running game, and Eli carried the damn team through the regular season. I never thought it could happen, but boy am I glad I was wrong! If it wasn't for Eli doing what he did this year, the Giants would have had a long, miserable season. 3.) I figured Antrel Rolle would never buy into Coughlin's football philosophies. He just seemed too arrogant and too set in his ways. Again...glad I was wrong. He has a big mouth...but I'm convinced that when he called out his teammates for not putting their best foot forward, a switch went off, and guys really bought into it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know...they started playing much better after those comments, so who knows? By the way, when that initially happened, I said "wow...he said that? Really? He called out his teammates to the media? This team won't win a game for the rest of the season." Again...glad I was wrong. Sorry, I know this is a long post...I guess I'm just wrong A LOT...heh heh.It is good to get it all out. We all need a clean slate before next season.

stormblue
02-22-2012, 08:23 AM
sorry,

winning the superbowl has made me
ecstatic enough to shut up for a while
but capitulation is nowhere in sight.

i will get back down to business
next year, cutting players and firing coaches.

winning accents your positives , it also
exposes your negatives.

9 and 7 was disgraceful....and now we pick
last and are in salary cap hell.

trophy or no trophy........

ru_gmen55
02-23-2012, 02:31 AM
sorry,

winning the superbowl has made me
ecstatic enough to shut up for a while
but capitulation is nowhere in sight.

i will get back down to business
next year, cutting players and firing coaches.

winning accents your positives , it also
exposes your negatives.

9 and 7 was disgraceful....and now we pick
last and are in salary cap hell.

trophy or no trophy........

I was getting ready to agree with you, but I changed my mind at the end...

I agree that the team has several issues they need to address going into next season. Winning it all doesn't excuse them from doing whatever they can to improve the team, and I'm sure the front office is well aware of that. However...

...regardless of their regular season record, winning the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal. I agree that winning makes most people forget the negatives...but come on. To say a season ending in a championship is in any way disgraceful is absurd. Especially considering how tough their schedule was, and just how close they were to picking up a couple of W's in those tough games.

In summary, yes, the Giants have to address some things...and yes, I will not stop continuing to expect the best out of the players and coaches. I will continue criticizing and scrutinizing things that don't make sense to me. With that said, winning it all DOES excuse the misaps and miscues...so, coming from a pessimistic sports fan, just relax and enjoy it. No need to criticize the 2011-2012 Giants for the time being.

myles2424
02-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Never was a Eli,Osi,,Coughlin,Cruz doubter.....

I was feeling Webster was overrated & felt sick to my stomach going into the season with Ballard.....I take that back

But one thing I'll stick with, I'm still not a Gilbride fan.....Eli & the offense bailed him out plenty of times......it wasn't his play calling that got us here, infact there quite a few games that couldve been ugly due to his play calling if it weren't for ELi & co....

tonyt830
02-23-2012, 07:17 AM
I confess that I was all for getting rid of Fewell, Gilbride and Coughlin at season's end if the Giants would have missed the playoffs.

The shotgun draw plays and 3 man rushes were getting to me!

Please forgive me! I am glad that I ate my crow dry!

bandwgn86
02-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Not a regret but I was a Osi basher of how he handled his contract deal and I also think he was milking his injury until the Giants were at least had great hopes of the playoffs. I still think that he milked it. </P>

BUT....I cannot deny and never have denied his impact as a player when he is healthy. They guy is one of the biggest game changers in the league. 10 forced fumble last year and what he is doing since he came back* in after the Jets game.....he is on fire and the Giants need him to make the run to the SB.</P>

Other than that....I am not a KG, PF, TC basher so all good by me....</P>Put me down as 'plus one' for this..

jomo
02-23-2012, 07:48 AM
I was pretty tough on Danny Ware a couple of years ago. Turns out he's a decent role player for us. We can't have stars in every roster slot. Go Blue!

Kruunch
02-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Let this thread be a lighthearted place where anyone can come to express regrets for the incorrect (some might say boneheaded [:)])*things they have said about the Giants, their players and coaches. Let me start here:</P>

I had been very, very hard on our special teams led by coach Quinn last year and in the off season. His and their performance this year*leave me*feeling a remorseful. My premise had been that most special teams are comprised of backup CB's and LB's and there isn't much differential there from team to team. Therefore, ST coaching was the differential and it was there that we were failing.</P>

I bashed Reese this year.

I feel ashamed.

FBomb
02-23-2012, 08:49 AM
I turned onTom Coughlinthis year after years of defendinghim against a lot of other posters. I was wrong.</P>

That being said......I turned on Eli in 2007 after defending him for years.</P>

I was the motivator for both SB runs.......you may all thank me now.[;)]</P>

iBleedBlue88
02-23-2012, 06:05 PM
I wanted Reese fired, i was literally apoplectic (sp?) over the loss of Smith and Boss, and was furious that Reese was being so stubborn and not trading Osi for all we could get for him.

for this I apologize to Mr. Reese

jomo
02-23-2012, 07:18 PM
I turned onTom Coughlinthis year after years of defendinghim against a lot of other posters. I was wrong.</P>

That being said......I turned on Eli in 2007 after defending him for years.</P>

I was the motivator for both SB runs.......you may all thank me now.[;)]</P>From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! [:D]

jomo
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Let this thread be a lighthearted place where anyone can come to express regrets for the incorrect (some might say boneheaded [:)])things they have said about the Giants, their players and coaches. Let me start here:</P>

I had been very, very hard on our special teams led by coach Quinn last year and in the off season. His and their performance this yearleave mefeeling a remorseful. My premise had been that most special teams are comprised of backup CB's and LB's and there isn't much differential there from team to team. Therefore, ST coaching was the differential and it was there that we were failing.</P>

Anyone else moved to bare their soul here on Quinn or other coaches/players?</P> I bashed Reese this year. I feel ashamed.Doesn't make you a bad person K, just a little off the mark.

JMFP2
02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm very sorry that somepeople didn't listen to me when I said Coughlin was a great coach.

Tuckit91
02-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Wanting the head coach and OC fired!

NYGRealityCheck
02-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Ripping Kevin Gilbride during the regular season. Whose hasnt?
I admit it!

Tom Coughlin I always thought was a good coach. Can't blame him for matt dodge, burress shooting himself, massive amounts of turnovers, etc..

But it was well-known he was under the gun to put the team into the playoffs this season for his job security. He has definitely answered that call. Congrats to him.

YATittle1962
02-23-2012, 09:59 PM

^ foolish

apologies for both

truth zim

some guys can get away with it

but most cannot

Drystt
02-23-2012, 10:31 PM
I still get irritated when I see DJ Ware in backfield.

Voldamort
02-23-2012, 10:31 PM

Anyone else moved to bare their soul here on Quinn or other coaches/players?</P>bro not goin there just because you have no bal** to die with your team you have no nut3

Voldamort
02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Wanting the head coach and OC fired! NOW THAT'S A NICE post!!!!

YATittle1962
02-23-2012, 10:41 PM

Im very confused by your sig every time I see it

pica01
02-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Hey Vold-did you also notice how much better our coverage was when Blackburn,our leading ST tackler for 6 yrs strait and ST captain returned?We even stopped getting an illegal block in the back flag on every punt return.I'll never forget #22 getting 2 on the same return.Oh the bad old days.We've never been great on special teams for,well,forever.To think that STeam play won the SF game.That's how special runs like this happen,huh?

Drystt
02-23-2012, 11:22 PM

Don't be.

YATittle1962
02-23-2012, 11:34 PM

Don't be.

it confuses me because Tittle never won a championship and that picture pretty much signifies the end of his career

so to me is says

Eli has no toughness

and Tittle has no championships

just kinda reads weird to me

but who the hell am I?

anyway......as you were

myles2424
02-24-2012, 12:36 AM
I admit it!

Tom Coughlin I always thought was a good coach. Can't blame him for matt dodge, burress shooting himself, massive amounts of turnovers, etc..

But it was well-known he was under the gun to put the team into the playoffs this season for his job security. He has definitely answered that call. Congrats to him. I wouldn't let Gilbride off the hook soo easily.....ELi saved his job here, there's been plenty of insane calls all the way into the super bowl......ELi & the offense took us all the way, not Kevin

GMENAGAIN
02-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Ripping Kevin Gilbride during the regular season. Whose hasnt? I admit it! Tom Coughlin I always thought was a good coach. Can't blame him for matt dodge, burress shooting himself, massive amounts of turnovers, etc.. But it was well-known he was under the gun to put the team into the playoffs this season for his job security. He has definitely answered that call. Congrats to him. I wouldn't let Gilbride off the hook soo easily.....ELi saved his job here, there's been plenty of insane calls all the way into the super bowl......ELi &amp; the offense took us all the way, not Kevin</P>

lol . . . . man, even a championship can't knock the stupid out of some posters . . . . . </P>

jomo
02-24-2012, 12:06 PM
I admit it!

But it was well-known he was under the gun to put the team into the playoffs this season for his job security. He has definitely answered that call. Congrats to him. I wouldn't let Gilbride off the hook soo easily.....ELi saved his job here, there's been plenty of insane calls all the way into the super bowl......ELi & the offense took us all the way, not KevinThat's the worst confession I ever heard! lol

There are plenty of places to hammer people. This is a place to express second thoughts and regrets.

zimonami
02-24-2012, 12:21 PM

Don't be.

it confuses me because Tittle never won a championship and that picture pretty much signifies the end of his career

so to me is says

Eli has no toughness

but who the hell am I?

anyway......as you were
While YA didn't win any titles, that's the classic pic of him that many (especially younger fans who didn't see him for real) associate with the fact that he was a tough SOB, and not that he was beat and it was the end of his better days. Along with the pic of blood dripping down Eli's face tells me that he is inferring that they are both tough guys... he prob doesn't realize that YA never won a title.

YATittle1962
02-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Don't be.

so to me is says

Eli has no toughness

but who the hell am I?

anyway......as you were
While YA didn't win any titles, that's the classic pic of him that many (especially younger fans who didn't see him for real) associate with the fact that he was a tough SOB, and not that he was beat and it was the end of his better days. Along with the pic of blood dripping down Eli's face tells me that he is inferring that they are both tough guys... he prob doesn't realize that YA never won a title.

totally see his intent zim.......just doesnt really work

because if toughness won championships YA would have won in 61, 62, and 63

63 still makes my guts burn

I I think they will shovel dirt over me before I get over that day

bigjeep
02-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Thank God, I have nothing to confess! [:D]

bigjeep
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM

Don't be.
it confuses me because Tittle never won a championship and that picture pretty much signifies the end of his career so to me is says Eli has no toughness and Tittle has no championships just kinda reads weird to me but who the hell am I? anyway......as you were While YA didn't win any titles, that's the classic pic of him that many (especially younger fans who didn't see him for real) associate with the fact that he was a tough SOB, and not that he was beat and it was the end of his better days. Along with the pic of blood dripping down Eli's face tells me that he is inferring that they are both tough guys... he prob doesn't realize that YA never won a title.</P>

Tittle hadLombardi'sGreenbay Packers standing in his way! Then he got hurt in the Chicago game, the one I thought we would win!</P>

JPP
02-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Mine was a bit different. It was while we were in our losing streak in the middle of the season and people were ripping on Coughlin a lot and I may a remark about Giants fans being spoiled and that TC will be our head coach until he retires. I know it doesn't seem like a confession but we went on to get completely dismantled by the Saints and at that point I was even cursing Coughlin, wasn't demanding his firing but was thinking about it as well as I really hadn't been enjoying Fewell's defensive schemes but once we healed up it all came together.

NJGIANTinNC
02-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Well....

I've only turned off 2the Giant games.
07 vs the Vikings
11 vs the Saints

I hope to have to turn off a game out of disgust next year!

1- I wanted everyone cut after the losing streak
Except - Eli, Cruz, nicks, JPP, Bradshaw, and herzlich
2- I guaranteed the entire coaching staff will be replaced
3- I didn't think the Giants had a chance of beating the Jets and Cowboys after the deadskins game-- never said it out loud.

NJGenerals
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I never believed the Giants could win with a rookie at LB...
I'm sorry

Red Dog
02-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Apologize? Confess?We have presidents to do that. Never aplogize mister it's a sign of weakness!" JoOhn Wayne, Yellow Ribbon.
I stick with all my jabs at coaches and players cause it's all their fault for losing to teams that shouldn't even be on the same field with them, but happy we all had our team to finally watch through the playoffs and SB 46.

jomo
02-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Thank God, I have nothing to confess! [:D]I am afraid to say that makes you a homer! lol

jomo
08-25-2012, 12:48 PM
OK I was too rough on Martellis Bennett about the weight thing in training camp. I love what I have seen from him on the field, strong blocking, huge target with excellent hands and a knack for moving the chains. Eli seems very comfortable going to him. It was a great pickup by JR.

gmen46
08-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Winter of 2004, when Giants announced Coughlin as the new HC. I was pissed at both the hire and that they did not hire Romeo Crennel. Boy, was I wrong--on both counts-- and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

And I have to admit I had just one brief moment of weakness when, after last year's Saints debacle, I had doubts about Fewell's effectiveness. But only for a moment. I was immediately delivered from evil, and glad of it.

Other than that, I've been a proud and staunch Giants homer, who's defended countless times against many silly Gilbride and Coughlin and Fewell and Eli bashing threads on this hallowed message board.

giantsfan420
08-25-2012, 03:19 PM
OK I was too rough on Martellis Bennett about the weight thing in training camp. I love what I have seen from him on the field, strong blocking, huge target with excellent hands and a knack for moving the chains. Eli seems very comfortable going to him. It was a great pickup by JR.
he's gonna be a valuable target.

same with Rivers. Both will contribute.

UK-Giantsfan
08-25-2012, 03:22 PM
i confess that i once thought that Sinorice Moss was worth trading up for in the second round of the 2006 draft !
sorry guys

regards
UK

jomo
08-25-2012, 03:25 PM
i confess that i once thought that Sinorice Moss was worth trading up for in the second round of the 2006 draft !
sorry guys

regards
UKThis is the place to get it all out and put it behind you. Well done!

giantyankee1976
08-25-2012, 03:26 PM
great thread Jomo !!!

this one's going to hurt.

Dear Mr. Gilbride, in spite of my archaic desire for old fashioned black and blue run the ball football...your air raid with Eli at the helm is fitting and works for this era of NY Giants.

(PS I still don't like you that much though)

Roosevelt
08-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Man up!

Giants down by 12 points vs. Cowboys at Dallas less then 4-5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter facing possible playoff elimination.

I admit it!

Eli drives them for TD, Austin Miles doesn't get a critical 3rd down pass, Eli drives them again for another TD for lead, JPP blocked game-tying FG For The Win!

Oh yeah, I absolutely thought we were done. I was pissed at everyone that night.

jomo
08-25-2012, 03:37 PM
If a certain wide receiver of ours, (let's say he's at least 6'6" tall) makes this team, I am gonna have to return here with a doozy! lol

keyofgmen
08-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Ahhh...

I could write a book on this one!
Hey ...maybe I will.

2 quick examples...
I hated Simms in his early years
I thought R Dayne was going to be great

Sorry stuff....

Rod-Diggity
08-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I wasn't feeling those ware draws for 2 pt. Converions at all thought that was gonna come back and bite us sometime in the season, but it didn't we won the whole darn thing

gmen46
08-25-2012, 04:23 PM
sorry guys

regards
UK

http://youtu.be/O8cDfnQD0ws

jomo
09-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Alright, I came to believe that Barden wasn't even an NFL calibre receiver. I am here to confess to all of you that I was wrong. I ask your forgiveness. :)

BigBlue2010
09-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Alright, I came to believe that Barden wasn't even an NFL calibre receiver. I am here to confess to all of you that I was wrong. I ask your forgiveness. :)

The thing is, it's not whether you were right or wrong. We still don't know what his future holds. What pisses me off is how brow-beating and snotty all the Barden haters have been toward other posters. There has been a tidal wave of Barden haters not posting because they want to critique Ramses but because they want to mock other posters.

Posters like Redeye were at least able to question what Ramses brings to this team without being a tool in the process.

jomo
12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
The confessional is open for all Wilson detractors. Without judgement, you are among friends. This is the place to let it all out.

jomo
12-10-2012, 07:57 PM
C'mon people, this is a safe haven where you can confess your misguided criticisms or a variety of Giants, not just Wilson. We all do it from time to time. Let it all out here and move on.

keyofgmen
12-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Alright already Jomo....

I hated Simms early on..

I thought R Dayne was going to be the man...

Last time I went to confession...the Priest closed the little door thing!! HAHAHA

laylow28
12-10-2012, 09:13 PM
The confessional is open for all Wilson detractors. Without judgement, you are among friends. This is the place to let it all out. Sounds like a 12 step meeting

poppa smurph
12-10-2012, 09:31 PM
I truly thought Ramses Barden could make an impact in the red-zone.

krankeybluechick
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Bless me Giants for I have sinned I accused Gilbride of having no imagination......hmmmmmm, I was never very good at telling the truth even after going to Catholic school for 10 yrs lol :p

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM

I feel better thanks for the thread.OSI IS A VIRUS!!! But he is OUR virus.

giantyankee1976
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
I heart Osi...there I said it, er, wrote it.

as to David Wilson, I still think the yarn Reese spun was to cover up for the bull **** the Buttaneers pulled with Dougie Martin, but the kid (22) did good.

if only Bradshaw and him could get a decent mix of downs and ticks and help shift our O back to more of a Balanced attack I'd be too happy

BigBlue wins
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I am sorry for making diehl out to be completely worthless...he has held up somewhat in the past 2 games. I hope he plays his heart out the rest of the season and hangs his hat up though.

joemorrisforprez
12-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

JJC7301
12-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I have no regrets on players -- I feel that I've been right on all of them whether they've been good, bad, or unproven. I feel that I'm hard on the team as a whole, but its because they don't play to the level that they're capable of.

If anything, the Giants owe JJC7301 an apology for never ever ever never being able to wrap up a division that's begging to be wrapped up. But I also say thank you to the Giants for two recent SB.

Jomo, as far as their ST last year, I thought that the Giants ST were much more improved than they had been in years. They're even better this year, but they weren't bad at all last year. I think that Weatherford has been the MVP of ST. And it was ST that was the deciding factor in the NFC championship game last year in SF.

joemorrisforprez
12-10-2012, 11:39 PM
My confessions for 2012.....ragging on Reese (too many times to remember) and ragging on Bradshaw (somewhat deserved) and Gilbride (often deserved).

jomo
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
All right, the confessional is open for all those who predicted a different outcome with Cruz. I have confessed to many mistakes here but not this time. This is the thread where you can get your mistake off your chest inside a gathering of your closest (sort of) friends.

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 07:14 PM
I can't wait to see who fesses up lol

Harooni
07-08-2013, 07:20 PM
i said we wouldnt win a sb with Eli so i was wrong there. i thought webster would suck after his rookie season

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 07:23 PM
i said we wouldnt win a sb with Eli so i was wrong there. i thought webster would suck after his rookie season

You might want to re-read today's question :o

kNicksGiants
07-08-2013, 07:27 PM
i think ive admitted this before... but anyways here's my confession.

the year before last (the year we won the SB) during that first cowboys game, after dez scored on that blown coverage, walk in touchdown and it looked like our season was over... i looked over to my brother and said "at least we'll finally fire all our ****ty coaches". i had essentially given up on the season...

i think most of us know what happened next... we came back and won the game, and ended up winning the superbowl that year.

i still question our coaches a lot but it is what it is. can't complain too much with 2 superbowls in a 5 year span.

i have a tendency to blame the coaches for everything that goes wrong and give the credit to the players for everything that goes right.

jomo
07-08-2013, 07:28 PM
You might want to re-read today's question :oNow RF, we accept all confessions here though the Cruz situation is particularly timely.

I was wrong on our ST coach. I had said that it is just X's and O's and the fact that we were miserable meant he was doing a terrible job, then..............our personnel improves and he looks like a genius and I look like something less than a genius. (I'll leave the selection of that exact word to others lol)

FBomb
07-08-2013, 07:28 PM
What I have to confess cannot be discussed here.

jomo
07-08-2013, 07:30 PM
What I have to confess cannot be discussed here.Just do it in red ink and you can always claim it was sarcasm!

GameTime
07-08-2013, 07:35 PM
well....when this thead originally started I fessed about about bashing Osi too much.
What I fess up to know is lashing out at other members when they carry on like broken records about the same subject over and over.
I am not sorry for this but I will admitt it.......:p

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Just do it in red ink and you can always claim it was sarcasm!

Amy will know lol

bigblue58
07-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Victor Cruz....I apologize for saying you were selfish and that I didn't care if you left for another team, because I didn't really mean it!

I would also like to confess that when I tell a customer to "have a nice day".....I don't really mean that either!

And I REALLY miss my big boobies avatar and I have never gotten over having to take it down!

jomo
07-08-2013, 07:39 PM
well....when this thead originally started I fessed about about bashing Osi too much.
What I fess up to know is lashing out at other members when they carry on like broken records about the same subject over and over.
I am not sorry for this but I will admitt it.......:p..........you mean like me bashing the OL WAY too much in spite of it being totally true? I confess to that and currently am in therapy over it!

jomo
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Victor Cruz....I apologize for saying you were selfish and that I didn't care if you left for another team, because I didn't really mean it!

I would also like to confess that when I tell a customer to "have a nice day".....I don't really mean that either!

I really miss my big boobies avatar and I have never really gotten over having to take it down!.........now doesn't all of that make you feel better, except for the avatar thing?

GameTime
07-08-2013, 07:40 PM
..........you mean like me bashing the OL WAY too much in spite of it being totally true? I confess to that and currently am in therapy over it!
nah...more like the incesent BS thats goes on with Eli, KG, TC stobborness and how it kills the team, etc

jomo
07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
nah...more like the incesent BS thats goes on with Eli, KG, TC stobborness and how it kills the team, etcOh that, I'll never be able to match that.

bigblue58
07-08-2013, 07:46 PM
.........now doesn't all of that make you feel better, except for the avatar thing?

Yes.....yes it does!

FBomb
07-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Amy will know lol

She knows everything......and forgets nothing.

RoanokeFan
07-08-2013, 08:30 PM
She knows everything......and forgets nothing.

We are all married to the same woman! :mad:

jomo
07-08-2013, 08:44 PM
We are all married to the same woman! :mad:+1

gfd_2
07-08-2013, 10:10 PM
for wanting to sign Cruz to the minimum then dumping him next year... Lord, forgive me.

jomo
07-08-2013, 10:48 PM
for wanting to sign Cruz to the minimum then dumping him next year... Lord, forgive me.You are not alone..............
This is the place to get it all behind you and focus on the upcoming season.

Red Dog
07-09-2013, 09:23 AM
I have nothing to confess. All my criticisms and posts and replies are factual and true:D:D

fansince69
07-09-2013, 09:48 AM
We are all married to the same woman! :mad:sounds kind of kinky to me

ryan12
07-09-2013, 10:39 AM

webster does suck

ryan12
07-09-2013, 10:48 AM
ive said this many times how i regret the way i expressed wanting diehl cut once free agency started. i disrepected a true warrior and a true giant

giant-4-life
07-09-2013, 10:49 AM
my confession? I like great sex with my wife. :o Jane fixes Tarzan.

jomo
08-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Not a true confession but I have been leaning toward Painter as our backup QB because I believed that Painter's experience and ability to play error free ball was worth more to us over a few games than whatever Nassib had (which wasn't very much in my eyes)

I have seen enough. Nassib has locked down the #2 imo, probably not close at this point.

Roosevelt
08-23-2014, 10:10 PM
I must to confess that I thought Eli was going to come out of the gates looking sharp in our new offense.

Does that count?

jomo
08-24-2014, 09:44 AM
I must to confess that I thought Eli was going to come out of the gates looking sharp in our new offense.

Does that count?It would count if it were true. :)

Rudyy
08-24-2014, 09:46 AM
It would count if it were true. :)
LOL

GameTime
08-24-2014, 10:05 AM
lets see...

I confess to be very confident that two of the TE's in the current group would step up and play well. I wasn't all bent about the TE situation. Now I see that which ever ones we keep, barring a miracle, will be marginally effective.
My confidence that Eli will make this offense "his" is still there. So no confession yet.
I confess to being a wiseass to several on this board. I am not sorry for that because they bring in on themselves on a daily basis.

Toadofsteel
09-25-2014, 11:48 PM
lets see...

I confess to be very confident that two of the TE's in the current group would step up and play well. I wasn't all bent about the TE situation. Now I see that which ever ones we keep, barring a miracle, will be marginally effective.
My confidence that Eli will make this offense "his" is still there. So no confession yet.
I confess to being a wiseass to several on this board. I am not sorry for that because they bring in on themselves on a daily basis.

And now I confess the exact opposite of that.

BParcells777
09-25-2014, 11:53 PM
no need to confess to me

Im happy as a pig in shix