PDA

View Full Version : Alex Smith - Game Manager?

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Last time we played this team leading up to the game the Giants gave Alex a lot of back handed compliments. Things such as "they don't ask him to do alot", "he manages the game" & "we know they are gonna run, they know we know they are gonna run" then I watched the game only to watch Alex Smith throw the ball time and time again and dare I say won the 9ers the game.

My point to all this is I've seen Alex Smith make play after play and while its important to stop the run, we can't forget about him! Be as prepared for him to throw!

Firenugget
01-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Saints D is horrible (so was ours when we played them). I'm not gonna say he can't throw the ball but that NO game wasn't a good indicator of what he'll be able to do against us. imo he's definitely a guy we can put out of the game with a few good hits.

Idkaname
01-17-2012, 09:30 AM
If we can rattle Rodgers, I have to believe we can do about the same to Alex Smith

Gianthunter
01-17-2012, 10:01 AM
Not sure about game manager. But he is very good at protecting the ball.</P>

CTLadyBlue
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Not sure about game manager. But he is very good at protecting the ball.</P>

I heard him on ESPN being referred to as a 'game manager' when one of the guys deferred it to Trent Dilfer saying, 'you know what it's like'.

I do kinda find that deaming if I were the QB. It's as if the team doesn't trust me to make big plays and just to do 'enough' and not 'screw up' and 'let the defense take it from there' - just like the 2000 Ravens

Kruunch
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Last time we played this team leading up to the game the Giants gave Alex a lot of back handed compliments. Things such as "they don't ask him to do alot", "he manages the game" & "we know they are gonna run, they know we know they are gonna run" then I watched the game only to watch Alex Smith throw the ball time and time again and dare I say won the 9ers the game.

My point to all this is I've seen Alex Smith make play after play and while its important to stop the run, we can't forget about him! Be as prepared for him to throw!

Smith is definitely better then people have thought and he has the one characteristic that makes him the most dangerous ... he's clutch.

Fortunately we have one of those too.

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 10:15 AM
He's a product of his head coach.. Success with someone who know's how to handle a QB. Harbaugh has done an outstanding job with that football team..

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying, honestly though I remember him quick passing us to death. I hope the differences in our defense now show big time. I know the Saints D blitzes heavy which mean there are less guys in coverage. However if we give these guys 5 yards at the line Smith will take those quick passes everytime. We gonna be as aggressive on there WRs as we were with the GB WRs.