PDA

View Full Version : Ruminate: Eli

giantyankee1976
01-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Should Eli, and Team, achieve another SB Victory:

A) Is he better,and/ or definitively more SUCCESSFUL, than Big Brother?

B) Is he a HoF QB?

Consider: he has tied or broken more than a few records both NFL and Franchise.

I state this in as a non-homeristic way a possible.

Is it plausible to look at Eli, collectively his ups-and-downs, and upon his current body of work to date and give him credit where due?

He is a Franchise caliber QB, we have witnessed successive Seasons after Season of his maturation and he already owns a ring.

Could another SB Victory possibly send him to Canton?

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:07 AM

B) Is he a HoF QB?

Is it plausible to look at Eli, collectively his ups-and-downs, and upon his current body of work to date and give him credit where due?

He is a Franchise caliber QB, we have witnessed successive Seasons after Season of his maturation and he already owns a ring.

</P>

Agreed</P>

DragonSoul
01-17-2012, 10:08 AM

A) Is he better,and/ or definitively more SUCCESSFUL,* than Big Brother?

B) Is he a HoF QB?

Could another SB Victory possible send him to Canton?
If he can pull off another SB victory, and play at a high caliber through nearly the remainder of his career then he can and will be easily put into the HOF.

I remember people would laugh at that notion even after his SB MVP win in 07.

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
When its all said and done, Eli will be without a doubt a HOFer.. As will his head coach.

krygny
01-17-2012, 10:17 AM

<font size="4" color="#FF0000">NO</font>

B) Is he a HoF QB?

<font size="4" color="#FF0000">YES</font>

GmenFan1980
01-17-2012, 10:22 AM

B) Is he a HoF QB?

^ This. I love Eli as our Qb, but peyton will always be seen as the better Manning, People will just say Eli had a better defense if he ends up with more rings :/

Kruunch
01-17-2012, 10:25 AM

B) Is he a HoF QB?

If Eli's career ended today he would not be a HoF QB nor considered better then Peyton in my mind (although I believe his playoff record is now better then Peyton's).

If he wins the Superbowl this year, all that changes.

giantyankee1976
01-17-2012, 10:32 AM
If he can pull off another SB victory, and play at a high caliber through nearly the remainder of his career then he can and will be easily put into the HOF.

I remember people would laugh at that notion even after his SB MVP win in 07.

this is exactly where I'm coming from.

surely another ring will carry considerable weight for consideration.

B) Is he a HoF QB?

hmmm, so 2 SB victories to 1 wouldn't make him at least more "successful?"

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 10:49 AM
He would be more succesful then Peyton but he is not a better QB. I love Eli and what he brings to the table every week but Peyton is a all time great QB and a first ballot Hall Of Famer.

elismom
01-17-2012, 10:53 AM

B) Is he a HoF QB?

If he wins the SB this yr with the new york footbal giants

my son...is in the hall
GAR
UN
TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

No other stats will matter again

elismom
01-17-2012, 10:55 AM
He would be more succesful then Peyton but he is not a better QB. I love Eli and what he brings to the table every week but Peyton is a all time great QB and a first ballot Hall Of Famer.

Easy will be a first ballot

I mean Peyton might be greatest of all time man,tough call but to be mentioned with someone that is mentioned with the greatest of all time. WOW
Ill take it

HOF=NO BRAINER
He has arrived!

burier
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM

Easy will be a first ballot

I mean Peyton might be greatest of all time man,tough call but to be mentioned with someone that is mentioned with the greatest of all time. WOW
Ill take it

HOF=NO BRAINER
He has arrived!

If Eli wins the SB this year he will go in the hall of fame on the first ballot barring a serious injury or DRASTIC drop in his performance.

He'll go down as one of the most clutch Quarterbacks of all time and he'll go down as delivering the greatest play in Superbowl history.

The crazy thing is He's only in his 8th year. He could finnish with 4 SB rings an be in the conversation for greatest ever!

krygny
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM

That's what the question was based on.

...hmmm, so 2 SB victories to 1 wouldn't make him at least more "successful?"
Only at winning an additional SB, not a more successful career at quarterback. Would you say that Dan Marino's career was unsuccessful?

Of course, Eli still has a "body of work" to complete. If his career ended today, he's not in the HoF.

... The crazy thing is He's only in his 8th year.
He could finnish with 4 SB rings an be in the conversation for greatest
ever!

He could also finish his career with only one SB. Don't touch the money. Everybody here seems to want to touch the money.

giantyankee1976
01-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Only at winning an additional SB, not a more successful career at quarterback. Would you say that Dan Marino's career was unsuccessful?

Of course, Eli still has a "body of work" to complete. If his career ended today, he's not in the HoF.

good point regarding Marino. Marino was a beast.

My comparison, however was not Eli vs the QB's of his generation but specifically Eli and Peyton.

their collective bodies of work.

If winning the SB is the pinnacle and lil brother manages it twice, or more, then what ?

burier
01-17-2012, 02:00 PM

That's what the question was based on.

...hmmm, so 2 SB victories to 1 wouldn't make him at least more "successful?"

... The crazy thing is He's only in his 8th year.
He could finnish with 4 SB rings an be in the conversation for greatest
ever!

He could also finish his career with only one SB. Don't touch the money. Everybody here seems to want to touch the money.

No no would never touch the money. But things are looking up.

NY_Eli
01-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm surprised by all of these 'if we win the super bowl' threads. Still 2 more games left!

And I'm not saying fans need to focus one game at a time (duh), just that there are much more exciting things going on RIGHT NOW!!