PDA

View Full Version : I no longer believe...

Providence
01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I know.

In 2008 we believed The Giants could win it all; but in 2012 we know The Giants can win it all. Those are very, very different mindsets.

In 2008 the only thing we really knew was that the defensive line was great, Jacobs ran well and Feagles was consistently awesome. When it came to Eli, the WR's, the TE's, the play calling, Tynes, playing with a lead, playing from behind, etc., we were all left simply crossing our fingers and hoping for the best.

This team of 2012 has repeatedly shown that whether they need to put points on the board, make a big stop on D, pin a team deep in their own terrirtory, etc., they can do it and do it well. They are far from perfect, that's for sure, but you don't need to be perfect to be a champion. At this time, with this team, I believe it is impossible to say that you can't rely on the offense, the defense or the special teams in a crucial situation. The same couldn't have been said in January 2008.

What I am trying to say is that I have much more confidence in this team than the team that won it all in 2008. I believed they could do it in 2008 and they proved me right. This year I know they can. And I would like to be proven right yet again.

(note: despite this post, I will leave my signature as is. I made that signature the day after our season ended last year and I'm not switching it now!)

Delicreep
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
I have to say...I am somewhat uncomfortable with how good I feel about the Gints facing anyone, as crazy as that may sound.

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 11:46 AM
The confidence that you feel when this team takes the field is amazing.

Providence
01-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I have to say...I am somewhat uncomfortable with how good I feel about the Gints facing anyone, as crazy as that may sound.

My thoughts exactly. I find myself very confident in their abilities, which is uncharted and scary territory, ha ha ha.

byron
01-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Good post P its the same way I feel rightI know they can beat anybody and love our chances next week...I got to say tho up until 4 weeks or so ago I wasn't feeling it. But man there has been a turn around here with our boys , This all in thing is real and it been proven by their play on the field how they are talking and such...so forme its not justthatI know they canbutalso believing that they are all in...and that feels as good as anything to me ...this is a TEAM to be reckoned with !!