PDA

View Full Version : BSPN Calling Giants Overcondfident

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Playing Clips of Boley, Cruz and Rolle all saying they will go up there and getting a win.</P>

All said they should keep quiet cause Packers were 15-1 defending SB Champs. This SF team was a 6-10 team last season and beat us this year. they said we should shut up</P>

Skip said the Giants are not over confident. they know they are JUST THAT GOOD.</P>

So good in fact that they forced GB HC into going for an very early risky onside kick cause their Coach was scared of the Giants and didnt think he could beat them. Also he said we hit a nerve with Packers cause Raji made that lame statement about our Oline being soft.</P>

He said the Giants did exactly what they set out to do was to get SF to respond and D. Witner did on tweeter. </P>

He said that SF is scared of Giants deep down. </P>

Firenugget
01-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't care what these people say.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
</P>

me either. just reporting what i am seeing.</P>

They think we would be better off staying quiet. Bayless says its smart</P>

Get them thinking and 2nd guessing themselves prior to game. He said its like make them think these mostly same guys were 6-10 just a short time ago...</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 10:27 AM
What do the giants have to do to be considered "HOT", "good", whatever people want to call them?

Ridiculous IMO. Even if we beat the 49ers, people will point fingers at what the 49ers did or did not do

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 10:28 AM
BSPN is still in mourning, No Rodgers or Brees to tongue bathe this week on their awful programming.

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
What do the giants have to do to be considered "HOT", "good", whatever people want to call them?

Ridiculous IMO. Even if we beat the 49ers, people will point fingers at what the 49ers did or did not do

Same song and dance. Even when we beat the Pats in the SB, Its what they didnt do, not what we did. I'm happy with it though... Lets keep the ship rolling!

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM

Same song and dance. Even when we beat the Pats in the SB, Its what they didnt do, not what we did. I'm happy with it though... Lets keep the ship rolling!

DartLax 36
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM

I really want to steal that signature.

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
we are not over confident. We are just answering questions that are put to us honestly.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Just don't get ahead of ourselves -- concentrate on the 49ers.</P>

Morehead State
Playing Clips of Boley, Cruz and Rolle all saying they will go up there and getting a win.</P>

All said they should keep quiet cause Packers were 15-1 defending SB Champs. This SF team was a 6-10 team last season and beat us this year. they said we should shut up</P>

Skip said the Giants are not over confident. they know they are JUST THAT GOOD.</P>

So good in fact that they forced GB HC into going for an very early risky onside kick cause their Coach was scared of the Giants and didnt think he could beat them. Also he said we hit a nerve with Packers cause Raji made that lame statement about our Oline being soft.</P>

He said the Giants did exactly what they set out to do was to get SF to respond and D. Witner did on tweeter. </P>

</P>

May I ask who represents the entirety of "ESPN" in this scenario?</P>

CTLadyBlue
Well, I didn't see those clips of them saying that, but reading The Post and The Daily News, I didn't see any Giant saying anything of that sort. There was a bit with Hicks and how he's not satisfied and there's still more to do, and Rolle saying how they won't be denied and will plan to do whatever they have to. No guarantees. No predictions. No scores.

Are they confident. H-E-double hockey sticks YEAH, they are. Why not? Don't think for one minute those 49ers aren't beating their own chests about knocking off Sir Drew off his stat pedestal. Just like we should be feeling good about knocking off the league's presumed MVP and defending champs.

Of course we're confident. We BETTER be confident. Do you want these guys going into Candlestick thinking, "oh, golly gee, I sure hope we can beat these guys."? Saying they're confident they have the ability to beat the Niners is fine. I'm sure the Niners are thinking the same thing about us.

I sure wish our guys would shut up only because these media tools take things out of context so much.

BSPNer: "Are you confident, Mr. Rolle?"

Rolle; "Yeah, I'm confident."

BSPNer: "Well, you heard it here, folks, The Giants are confident they will beat the Niners.

OY VEy!

RoanokeFan
01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
What do they want them to say, we're going up to lose? Jerks, every last one of them.

galaxy10
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
What do they want them to say, we're going up to lose? Jerks, every last one of them.

Totally agree.

stormblue
01-17-2012, 11:02 AM
we are not over confident. We are just answering questions that are put to us honestly.

egg-zackly,

if they can't handle the answer
then they shouldn't ask the question.

lttaylor56
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM

egg-zackly,

then they shouldn't ask the question.Al pacino said it well " You can't handle the truth!!"

stormblue
01-17-2012, 11:08 AM

egg-zackly,

then they shouldn't ask the question.Al pacino said it well " You can't handle the truth!!"

i think that was Nicholson, but it was a great line.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Well, I didn't see those clips of them saying that, but reading The Post and The Daily News, I didn't see any Giant saying anything of that sort. There was a bit with Hicks and how he's not satisfied and there's still more to do, and Rolle saying how they won't be denied and will plan to do whatever they have to. No guarantees. No predictions. No scores. Are they confident. H-E-double hockey sticks YEAH, they are. Why not? Don't think for one minute those 49ers aren't beating their own chests about knocking off Sir Drew off his stat pedestal. Just like we should be feeling good about knocking off the league's presumed MVP and defending champs. Of course we're confident. We BETTER be confident. Do you want these guys going into Candlestick thinking, "oh, golly gee, I sure hope we can beat these guys."? Saying they're confident they have the ability to beat the Niners is fine. I'm sure the Niners are thinking the same thing about us. I sure wish our guys would shut up only because these media tools take things out of context so much. BSPNer: "Are you confident, Mr. Rolle?" Rolle; "Yeah, I'm confident." BSPNer: "Well, you heard it here, folks, The Giants are confident they will beat the Niners. OY VEy!</P>

There is a report on CBS Sports online page with the Title. "ROLLE- WE CANT BE BEAT"</P>

dont know how much truth there is to it.</P>

miked1958
01-17-2012, 11:14 AM

</P>

May I ask who represents the entirety of "ESPN" in this scenario?</P>

</P>

Dont know all there namess. it was a round table discussion on espn first take with about 5guys. Skip was only one that said Giants are not over confidennt. They know that they are just that good. lol</P>

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Well, I didn't see those clips of them saying that, but reading The Post and The Daily News, I didn't see any Giant saying anything of that sort. There was a bit with Hicks and how he's not satisfied and there's still more to do, and Rolle saying how they won't be denied and will plan to do whatever they have to. No guarantees. No predictions. No scores. Are they confident. H-E-double hockey sticks YEAH, they are. Why not? Don't think for one minute those 49ers aren't beating their own chests about knocking off Sir Drew off his stat pedestal. Just like we should be feeling good about knocking off the league's presumed MVP and defending champs. Of course we're confident. We BETTER be confident. Do you want these guys going into Candlestick thinking, "oh, golly gee, I sure hope we can beat these guys."? Saying they're confident they have the ability to beat the Niners is fine. I'm sure the Niners are thinking the same thing about us. I sure wish our guys would shut up only because these media tools take things out of context so much. BSPNer: "Are you confident, Mr. Rolle?" Rolle; "Yeah, I'm confident." BSPNer: "Well, you heard it here, folks, The Giants are confident they will beat the Niners. OY VEy!</P>

There is a report on CBS Sports online page with the Title. "ROLLE- WE CANT BE BEAT"</P>

</P>

Nothing bad/disrespectful about what he said:</P>

"I might be a little biased, but in our minds, we can’t be beat,” Rolle said via the <FONT color=#3b5998>New York Daily News</FONT> (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/antrel-rolle-ny-giants-t-beat-heading-sunday-nfc-championship-game-san-francisco-49ersy-giants-t-beat-article-1.1007269)' Peter Botte. “We’re extremely confident and we’ve given ourselves the reasons to feel that way. We have to continue to give ourselves those reasons, and we will. We have no doubts. It’s right there at the tip of our tongues.”

“You can put an All-Star team in front of us, and we’re going to go out there and compete,” he continued. “We don’t fold. No matter what happens, if there’s a bad call, or things aren’t going our way, we’re not going to break. We’re not going to lose focus on what’s at stake and our ultimate goal.”
</P>

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 11:20 AM
we are not over confident. We are just answering questions that are put to us honestly.</P>

I agree. ****y, IMO, would be putting the other team down and I have not heard one Giant say or do one such thing. They're just confident and expressing it. I love it.</P>

miked1958
01-17-2012, 11:33 AM

</P>

Nothing bad/disrespectful about what he said:</P>

"I might be a little biased, but in our minds, we can’t be beat,” Rolle said via the <FONT color=#3b5998>New York Daily News</FONT> (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/antrel-rolle-ny-giants-t-beat-heading-sunday-nfc-championship-game-san-francisco-49ersy-giants-t-beat-article-1.1007269)' Peter Botte. “We’re extremely confident and we’ve given ourselves the reasons to feel that way. We have to continue to give ourselves those reasons, and we will. We have no doubts. It’s right there at the tip of our tongues.”

“You can put an All-Star team in front of us, and we’re going to go out there and compete,” he continued. “We don’t fold. No matter what happens, if there’s a bad call, or things aren’t going our way, we’re not going to break. We’re not going to lose focus on what’s at stake and our ultimate goal.”
</P>

</P>

Okay they just took it out of context like they always do. lol</P>

egyptian420
01-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Does anyone have the actual quote? All the ESPN bashing is fine but I want to know what actually was said so I can make up my own mind

Rudyy
01-17-2012, 12:01 PM
They need a story to feed off of. So of course they are going to take "we are confident" as "we are going up to San Fran and we are going to win, case closed."

Easy-Duz-It
01-17-2012, 12:11 PM
if i hear one more giant fan refer to 'Nicks' as 'Hicks' i think my head is going to explode. i don't know why it bothers me so much but it really does.

jason tuck is annoying too but that is said more often by commentators and analysts.

burier
01-17-2012, 12:13 PM
Just put on the tape. We're the best team in the playoffs. We refuse to lose. We can say whatever we want. At this point San Fran knows they're going to get chased out of thier own stadium.

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have the actual quote? All the ESPN bashing is fine but I want to know what actually was said so I can make up my own mind
</P>

I obliged already. Look above your reply, lol.</P>

</P>

giantyankee1976
01-17-2012, 12:41 PM

this

once again this is a "backdoor vote of no confidence"

ergo, Giants will lose this Sunday

Same song, different tune, ESPN/ Pundit rhetoric

post edit

this is a 9-7 team

who really thought they would advance beyond the Wild card round, much less the Divisional?

hence: House Money or nothing To Lose