PDA

View Full Version : Denied registration at 49ers forums, arrogant west coast jerks...

Raffi
01-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm a big time Giants fan looking forward to the game on Sunday. I attempted to register at forums.49ers.com (http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/index.php) to have a lively discussion with some of the 49ers fan, to congratulate them on that spectacular win over the weekend -- seriously, that was one of the most exciting games I've ever watched. I also planned on wishing them luck in the Super Bowl if they managed to knock us out.

Anyway, after registering last night I get an email from their admin stating that my registration did not "meet their requirements" and my account had been removed; keep in mind, this is before I made a single post. According to their forum rules, there are no specific requirements that would deny registration and the rules appear to be very generic. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they would not let me in since they know the location from where I registered.

As I said, I just wanted to have a chat with them; I had no plans to be a troll or a jerk. Let's be fair, the 49ers are hot and they deserve to be in the NFC game, as do the Giants. I won't stereotype the 49ers fans over this incident, but I will say that the admins at forums.49ers.com (http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/index.php) are arrogant jerks who apparently want to censor commentary from anyone who is not from the west coast.

Here at the Giants forums, we have no such rules; we are open to debate from all walks of life.

I hope we spank them, but if we lose, I would love to see the 49ers win in the SB against either the Patriots or the Ravens, more preferably the Ravens to get revenge for SB 35.

DartLax 36
01-17-2012, 11:45 AM
You tried to join the Niners board and post there before posting here? what the what

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Welcome to our forums.

Raffi
01-17-2012, 12:05 PM
That's not the point; I really don't post much on any forums, Giants or whatever. The Packers game was not a surprise to me at all, I always felt we could beat them. But the 49ers game against the Saints was just crazy exciting, seriously, a lot more fun to watch, and I truly did want to congratulate them on it.

Anyway, I'll say it again, the admins at the 49ers forums are jerks. Apparently, they allow Saints' fans, but not New York fans. The forum rules should state, specifically, the registration qualifications. I would not have wasted my time had the rules been more specific.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 12:09 PM
I went on to congratulate them as well and wish them good luck (but not too much). Even 49er fans on our boards are complaining about not being able to get on the SF boards.

sausage
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
as I understand it, you need to submit a swimsuit photo and write a short poem to be considered for membership

lttaylor56
01-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Maybe their forum is as old as their **** stadium?

G-Man67
01-17-2012, 12:25 PM
probably should have went in with a more subtle screen name than NYTrashTalk24/7 :)

Raffi
01-17-2012, 12:34 PM
LOL...yeah, I guess my tan is not made of golden Californian sun, whatever, I still prefer NY, we've got better pizza,

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 12:36 PM
No worries, your welcome here, giant fan or not !

BigBlueFanNJ
01-17-2012, 04:53 PM
LOL......can i steal that one G-man 67 i may change my screen name

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I'm a big time Giants fan looking forward to the game on Sunday. I attempted to register at forums.49ers.com (http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/index.php) to have a lively discussion with some of the 49ers fan, to congratulate them on that spectacular win over the weekend -- seriously, that was one of the most exciting games I've ever watched. I also planned on wishing them luck in the Super Bowl if they managed to knock us out.

Anyway, after registering last night I get an email from their admin stating that my registration did not "meet their requirements" and my account had been removed; keep in mind, this is before I made a single post. According to their forum rules, there are no specific requirements that would deny registration and the rules appear to be very generic. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why they would not let me in since they know the location from where I registered.

As I said, I just wanted to have a chat with them; I had no plans to be a troll or a jerk. Let's be fair, the 49ers are hot and they deserve to be in the NFC game, as do the Giants. I won't stereotype the 49ers fans over this incident, but I will say that the admins at forums.49ers.com (http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/index.php) are arrogant jerks who apparently want to censor commentary from anyone who is not from the west coast.

Here at the Giants forums, we have no such rules; we are open to debate from all walks of life.

I hope we spank them, but if we lose, I would love to see the 49ers win in the SB against either the Patriots or the Ravens, more preferably the Ravens to get revenge for SB 35.

That would be because that forum is a trash hole.

I'm a 49ers fan and have been denied registration for 7 years and counting.

I don't know what the hell the system is to get in that forum... but apparently it entitles having Season tickets from what I've read.

Use www.49erswebzone.com instead.

DandyDon
01-17-2012, 07:13 PM

I just registered and got accepted no problem. Try leaving the timezone set to Cali time.

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Shoot, as a Niner fan I was rejected multiple times at that forum.

As Harbaugh would say "What's their deal?"

jjj45
01-17-2012, 07:24 PM

As Harbaugh would say "What's their deal?"Yeah "what the deal" with Harbs lame "whos got it better than us" slogan?

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 07:30 PM

As Harbaugh would say "What's their deal?"Yeah "what the deal" with Harbs lame "whos got it better than us" slogan?

Classy!!! (highfive)

TheAngryTuna
01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
I tried registering right after the GB game and the same thing happened to me.

JMFP2
01-17-2012, 07:47 PM
as I understand it, you need to submit a swimsuit photo and write a short poem to be considered for membership

LMAO

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 07:52 PM

LMAO

See this is actually funny!

jjj45
01-17-2012, 08:04 PM

As Harbaugh would say "What's their deal?"Yeah "whats the deal" with Harbs lame "whos got it better than us" slogan?

Classy!!! (highfive)I dont think it's classy at all. I think its kinda dumb.

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 08:12 PM

As Harbaugh would say "What's their deal?"Yeah "whats the deal" with Harbs lame "whos got it better than us" slogan?

Hahaha...That is awesome along with your sig pic! :)

Crush them!
01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Shoot, as a Niner fan I was rejected multiple times at that forum. As Harbaugh would say "What's their deal?"Yeah "whats the deal" with Harbs lame "whos got it better than us" slogan?
</P>

</P>

That sig picture is awesome!</P>

Raffi
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM

That's an awesome photo!

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 08:48 PM

I don't know what the hell the system is to get in that forum... but apparently it entitles having Season tickets from what I've read.

LOL what? This is simply false. We have new members every single day. There is no trick to registering. You simple register and you will be accepted. Right now it might be hard because we have so many people getting on there.

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 08:53 PM

LOL what? This is simply false. We have new members every single day. There is no trick to registering. You simple register and you will be accepted. Right now it might be hard because we have so many people getting on there.

IDK man, happened to me as well (different name). I am on now, but it was a royal PITA.

RiceFan49
01-17-2012, 08:54 PM

I registered during the regular season before playoffs and got access immediately. It's because they're a probably a TON of new people trying to register. Bandwagoners, opposing team fans, etc.

tahoegirl45
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi Guy's I am the admin for the official 49ers message board. Sorry about being denied.. Please understand we have to manual approve every member, and as of now we are getting over 5,000 sign ups a day. We have been picky about who we are accepting, so should an IP address come back showing it belongs to a spam IP address we do not accept them, and we do look at usernames, and should one seem suspicious they will be denied as well..

Please sign up again, and let me know in this thread your new username and I will approve them ASAP..

Sorry again, and I will do what I can to get you accepted.

Raffi
01-17-2012, 09:21 PM

I just registered and got accepted no problem. Try leaving the timezone set to Cali time.

I tried that, but they're still being a-holes, forget them...they may not want to hear me now, but they will hear all us of on Sunday

AldonSmith
01-17-2012, 09:26 PM
You know that board rarely accepts any new members, even their own fans, right?

try 49erswebzone.com

that's where most Niners fans are

Raffi
01-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Guy's I am the admin for the official 49ers message board. Sorry about being denied.. Please understand we have to manual approve every member, and as of now we are getting over 5,000 sign ups a day. We have been picky about who we are accepting, so should an IP address come back showing it belongs to a spam IP address we do not accept them, and we do look at usernames, and should one seem suspicious they will be denied as well..

Please sign up again, and let me know in this thread your new username and I will approve them ASAP..

I've tried registering twice, my ip does not originate from suspicious spam nor have my user names been suspicious of a troll...
I'm sick and tired of wasting my time with your stupid forum, thanks for the offer, but I have no interest in posting on your forum, you are the epitome of west coast arrogance, and I'm pleased to say NY fans have much more class and dignity than you bums

krygny
01-17-2012, 09:33 PM
You tried to join the Niners board and post there before posting here? what the what
I think anybody who openly admits, on this message board, that they have registered at another NFL team's message board, should be banned from this message board.

IMO

Raffi
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
I think anybody who openly admits, on this message board, that they have registered at another NFL team's message board, should be banned from this message board.

IMO

If you read the OP, then you would know my intentions were in good faith, and that your comment is completely out of line and absurd

tahoegirl45
01-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Talk about butt hurt wow.. I am trying to help you out.. You sound like a 2 year old kid who lost his binki. Also our email system is down as well.. Just trying to help.

NinersGold75
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
dont feel bad i got accepted to this board and still waiting on niners board. kinda crazy that i can be more active on this then my own teams mb.

Raffi
01-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Talk about butt hurt wow.. I am trying to help you out.. You sound like a 2 year old kid who lost his binki. Also our email system is down as well.. Just trying to help.

butt hurt? is that a bay phrase or something?...please, tahoegirl, you're looking for sympathy in the wrong place. Let's be realistic for a moment, you're asking Giants fans on a Giants forum to confirm their registration for a 49ers forum account because your system is broken? I must say, that's very professional. When you learn how to run a public forum, then come back and post here and maybe, just maybe, folks will take you seriously.

Good luck on Sunday, it should be a good game.

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
I'm pleased to say NY fans have much more class and dignity than you bums

Way to prove your point! [:P]

un3ek9er
01-17-2012, 10:37 PM

I've tried registering twice, my ip does not originate from suspicious spam nor have my user names been suspicious of a troll...
I'm sick and tired of wasting my time with your stupid forum, thanks for the offer, but I have no interest in posting on your forum, you are the epitome of west coast arrogance, and I'm pleased to say NY fans have much more class and dignity than you bums
You're really showing your class by instantly bad mouthing her. Your post is the opposite of class and is textbook troll. Way to live the stereotype.

Raffi
01-17-2012, 10:42 PM

You're really showing your class by instantly bad mouthing her. Your post is the opposite of class and is textbook troll. Way to live the stereotype.

Bad mouthing tahoegirl by stating Giants fans have more dignity and class? We do because we don't censor anyone. Have you read this entire post? Put yourself in my shoes and maybe you'll understand my frustration, but seriously, i never used harsh language and tone to state my opinion about anything, so please, before you post again, understand the context.

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 11:28 PM

Well that shows a lot of class.

Raffi
01-17-2012, 11:43 PM

Again, you are completely ignoring the original post and only looking at the last comment. not wasting my time on this any longer

Black59Razor
01-17-2012, 11:50 PM

Again, you are completely ignoring the original post and only looking at the last comment. not wasting my time on this any longer

I did read your first post before I made the comment. Your claims of the 49ers admins being jerks is just false. I've been there for a long time. They are good people and moderate the board very well. There are posters that are jerks there, but that is different. The mods and admins aren't jerks though.

You were pretty disrespectful with your attitude towards TahoeGirl who was just trying to clear the air up as to why the board has been difficult to register on as of late. There is no need for any malice, which was evident in your post.

You not being able to register is a technical issue, not some deliberate tactic to steer away Giants fans. That's ridiculous.

DandyDon
01-18-2012, 12:33 AM
My rule is whenever a thread gets to 2+ pages it will degenerate from the original thread to posters (posers) fighting amongst themselves.

This proves it again.

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 01:28 AM

You Mam, are full of it...
Coming from a long time Niner fan, I've been trying to register to the forums for years.

I will attempt to join 2-3 times a year, and get denied NON-STOP.

1. My IP does not come from a line of Spam.

2. All of my Usernames have contained Part of the teams name itself. ex: EastCoastNiner, EastCoast9er, PA9er, ect.

3. My signups have come in times where our team was in doubt. ex: Preseason this year, Last year.

Like I've said this is a rampant problem, and It's hilarious to be honest that there is no way to even contact anyone over there, it's worse then getting admittance to the White House.

Ill stick with the WebZone.

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 01:28 AM

You Mam, are full of it...
Coming from a long time Niner fan, I've been trying to register to the forums for years.

I will attempt to join 2-3 times a year, and get denied NON-STOP.

1. My IP does not come from a line of Spam.

2. All of my Usernames have contained Part of the teams name itself. ex: EastCoastNiner, EastCoast9er, PA9er, ect.

3. My signups have come in times where our team was in doubt. ex: Preseason this year, Last year.

Like I've said this is a rampant problem, and It's hilarious to be honest that there is no way to even contact anyone over there, it's worse then getting admittance to the White House.

Ill stick with the WebZone.

JayDAche
01-18-2012, 01:32 AM

I did read your first post before I made the comment. Your claims of the 49ers admins being jerks is just false. I've been there for a long time. They are good people and moderate the board very well. There are posters that are jerks there, but that is different. The mods and admins aren't jerks though.

You were pretty disrespectful with your attitude towards TahoeGirl who was just trying to clear the air up as to why the board has been difficult to register on as of late. There is no need for any malice, which was evident in your post.

You not being able to register is a technical issue, not some deliberate tactic to steer away Giants fans. That's ridiculous.

It's a technical issue that needs to be fixed.

Because I'm sure that at the beginning of this season, there weren't too many people registering.

Especially after last season.

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 09:15 AM
This is their email to me and my email back to them:</P>
<DIV>&gt; To: XXxXxXxxxXXXXxxxXXX</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Subject: Account removed at 49ers Message Board Community!
&gt; From: 49er.bbs.support@gmail.com
&gt; Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 03:16:57 +0000
&gt;
&gt; Dear XXXxxXxXXXx,
&gt;
&gt; Unfortunately your registration at 49ers Message Board Community did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.
&gt;
&gt; Sorry,
&gt; 49ers Message Board Community</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Dear 49ers Message Board Community,</DIV>
<DIV>

Your team doesnt meet theSuperbowl requirements, and therefore will be deleted thisSunday by the Giants.</P>

Sorry,</P>

GiantsOrganization</P></DIV>

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 09:17 AM
This is their email to me and my email back to them:</P>
<DIV>&gt; To: XXxXxXxxxXXXXxxxXXX</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; Subject: Account removed at 49ers Message Board Community!
&gt; From: 49er.bbs.support@gmail.com
&gt; Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 03:16:57 +0000
&gt;
&gt; Dear XXXxxXxXXXx,
&gt;
&gt; Unfortunately your registration at 49ers Message Board Community did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.
&gt;
&gt; Sorry,
&gt; 49ers Message Board Community</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Dear 49ers Message Board Community,</DIV>
<DIV>

Your team doesnt meet theSuperbowl requirements, and therefore will be deleted thisSunday by the Giants.</P>

Sorry,</P>

GiantsOrganization</P></DIV>

</P>

If you guys want to take out some frustration, flood the email box at 49er.bbs.support@gmail.comwith our Giant messages. </P>

</P>

jomo
01-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm not a big fan of registering for other team's message boards. I don't like having their fans here eitherjust stirring the pot and saying stupid stuff so it should work in reverse for us. I'm not saying we should ban them here too, just that the idea of going on their boards just to mix it up with a bunch of rival fans has no appeal to me.................. just my opinion

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm not a big fan of registering for other team's message boards. I don't like having their fans here eitherjust stirring the pot and saying stupid stuff so it should work in reverse for us. I'm not saying we should ban them here too, just that the idea of going on their boards just to mix it up with a bunch of rival fans has no appeal to me.................. just my opinion</P>

Personally, I just like to hear their opinions on our team and theirs. </P>

Providence
01-18-2012, 12:48 PM
... but I will say that the admins are arrogant jerks who apparently want to censor commentary from anyone who is not from the west coast.

Given the fact that 49er fans have also been denied access, it seems like your above statement is way off base and unfair.

Fastphilly
01-18-2012, 02:00 PM
... but I will say that the admins are arrogant jerks who apparently want to censor commentary from anyone who is not from the west coast.

Given the fact that 49er fans have also been denied access, it seems like your above statement is way off base and unfair.

Guys I'm a Niner fan and I have to commend the admins on this board for the relative ease of my acceptance...Some boards are scewy like that..My friend is a Chiefs fan and has been denied countless times on Chiefsplanet.com and they have been garbage for decades...The 49ers webzone is a very active board and isn't hell bent on doing govt. checks to approve members.

JoanieNTX
01-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Funny, our Saints forum let a bunch of the Whiners on a few weeks ago, and they trolled the boards up and ruined it for any other whiner fans wanting to get on. Come see us at the Black and Gold forum if you wanna talk legitimate football. We don't put up with trolls. And the 49ers have no class.....don't expect anything decent out of them. Hope you guys crush, kill and destroy them!

JMGGIANTS
01-18-2012, 02:07 PM
well so far Joanie the Whiner visitors have resembled thugs more than football fans...totally classless. There were a couple who were nice though. Thanks for the well wishes. Where ya at?

Die-Hard
01-18-2012, 09:35 PM
I saw this thread last night, and just out of sheer, morbid curiosity, I signed up at the Niners forum in question.

Lo and behold, I was denied for not meeting their standards. My chosen screen name was completely neutral and not at all inflmmatory or even football related. My IP is not NY/NJ based

Maybe they require some kind of charitable donation to the Jeff Garcia School of Fiery Dance + Drama[;)]

billbird2111
01-18-2012, 09:48 PM
Join 49er Webzone. They will let you in. In fact, you're more than welcome. Now, the place is moderated. If you start launching personal attacks (ie: calling people stupid), you will get hit with the ban hammer.

Also keep in mind that it's San Francisco. Statements such as "that's just GAY" aren't going to fly real well with some of the fans. Sometimes it can be taken as a personal attack, and down comes the banhammer.

I cannot believe how many Giants fans are trashing the Niners this week. Unbelievable. The most we've generated in the past nine years is pity.

It's nice to be back and unloved.

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Also keep in mind that it's San Francisco. Statements such as "that's just GAY" aren't going to fly real well with some of the fans.

LOL

Raffi
01-18-2012, 10:22 PM

Just wanted to apologize if I flew off the handle last night, but I was frustrated with your registration system. I'm actually a decent guy once you get to know me. Here's to an exciting game on Sunday.

Raffi
01-18-2012, 10:25 PM
Statements such as "that's just GAY" aren't going to fly real well with some of the fans.

We've got lots of gays in New York City, why would they take offense to it? NYC has the largest concentration of schizophrenics, but we don't take offense if someone says "you're crazy!"....lol

Youngb
01-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Funny, our Saints forum let a bunch of the Whiners on a few weeks ago, and they trolled the boards up and ruined it for any other whiner fans wanting to get on. Come see us at the Black and Gold forum if you wanna talk legitimate football. We don't put up with trolls. And the 49ers have no class.....don't expect anything decent out of them. Hope you guys crush, kill and destroy them!

The treatment given was because of the treatment received. It is all football baby. Talk a little smack, get some back. Sometimes it bites you in the *** but oh well. There are numerous examples of bad fans from every team on every forum. To think everyone from a certain fanbase shares the same thoughts is stupidity in its own right.

Btw, if I want to talk Fantasy football I'll go over to the Black and Gold forum, since that was all your team was good for this year. Since the fantasy football season is over, I want to talk championships so I'll stick to here or my home, 49erswebzone.com, because whoever wins this next game is bringing home the Lombardi.

Youngb
01-18-2012, 10:35 PM
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/

come join us. That other site you were going to is terrible. There is a short acceptance period, but that is standard with many sites.

(I don't run it, don't get mad at me)