PDA

View Full Version : Eli as an Elite QB revisited by years end.

DragonSoul
09-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Eli has shown that every time he is questioned or had to face adversity, not only did he meet it head on but surpasses it. I believe he will have analysts asking that question before years end, based on his play (positive).

He knew what he was saying, and would have known he would have to back it up. I do not think he did that carelessly. That is not his style.

By the way, I have been fairly close to Projecting Elis numbers last two years.

LT_was_good
09-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I really hope you're right. I go into every year thinking he'll improve, and I'm sure many go into every year thinking he'll implode. I'm a huge Eli homer (in the sense that he's my favorite player, not in the sense that I think he can do no wrong), and it would be really disappointing if he responds to the adversity by taking a step sideways this year.

DragonSoul
09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I really hope you're right. I go into every year thinking he'll improve, and I'm sure many go into every year thinking he'll implode. I'm a huge Eli homer (in the sense that he's my favorite player, not in the sense that I think he can do no wrong), and it would be really disappointing if he responds to the adversity by taking a step sideways this year.
Pretty much agree with all you have written. When he makes mistakes I will say so, but when he does good, all the haters go hiding in the shadows.

He has improved every year, and I cannot see why he wouldn't hit that final step.

JMFP2
09-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Eli is the least of my concerns right now.</P>

We have a team that can't stay healthy. Chevy Chase is less injury prone.</P>

</P>

Marvelousmik
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Eli is the least of my concerns right now.</p>

We have a team that can't stay healthy. Chevy Chase is less injury prone.</p>

</p>

eli is the main concern. if he plays good we win

GameTime
09-07-2011, 11:44 AM
OMG....who gives a flying crap if he is elite or not...
Just limit the picks and win games......

he doesnt have to be elite and it doesnt matter how many better QBs in the league there are.
Only wins matter.....
The only list I want to see Eli and the rest of the Giants on are the post season rosters....

bigblue999
09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Ever year once the weather gets cold and bitter with a bit of wind you will see the coward come out of ELI....when facing adversity he does not combat it .. he hides in his shell.

This is why he should have stayed in warm weather SD.

My hope is to see Eli turn into a man...I know that's asking alot and quite unreasonable but one can only hope

Mercury
09-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Ever year once the weather gets cold and bitter with a bit of wind you will see the coward come out of ELI....when facing adversity he does not combat it .. he hides in his shell.

My hope is to see Eli turn into a man...I know that's asking alot and quite unreasonable but one can only hope

And I guess he didn't win the NFC championship in -35 degree weather in Green Bay in January 2007?

Gmen2005
09-07-2011, 02:14 PM
What are your expectations for his stats?

fourth&forever
09-07-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm starting to hate the word "elite" as much as the non-word "physicality".
overused and trite.

Dwinsballgames
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually wait until "years end" to rehash and re-tread this stupid argument...again and again and again and again.... maybe we could change things up a little and argue about whether or not Zak Deossi is an "elite" long snapper... Just look at his numbers.....no, don't be stupid, numbers don't mean anything..... did he snap his way to a superbopwl victory??....no, you idiot,that doesn't mean anything..... but look how much he's paid, he should be elite for that much snapping dough...but he's not paid that much more than other long snappers.... yeah, but he's not as good as the long snapper for New England, or no where near as good as his brother...er, father... so, that doesn't mean he's not elite....</P>

DragonSoul
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Might take a shot at it again this year. Will have it up before Sundays game.

bigblue999
09-07-2011, 03:28 PM

And I guess he didn't win the NFC championship in -35 degree weather in Green Bay in January 2007?

Brandon Jacobs, Bradshaw, plaxico, and the defense...not to forget tynes

IamGiantsfan
09-07-2011, 03:46 PM

Brandon Jacobs, Bradshaw, plaxico, and the defense...not to forget tynes
lol tynes, No offense to him but it took him 3 tries to make one field goal. It was a team effort and let's leave it at that, no need to tarnish our memory of the 2007 team, by having a 10 page thread argument about them.

DragonSoul
09-07-2011, 03:54 PM
this was last yrs.... 3600 yards, 26 tds, 15 ints, and 61+% comp. percentage, and 7+ ave. per comp attempt. I was a bit off on the total yards by 400 and 25 ints (figured w/new wrs the yards would improve based on their yac but wasnt expecting it to jump much higher because of the growing pains with non-vet wrs, and i was off by ints by 10 but if you go by the records that he officially caused from other sources they say he should have only had about 15-17 ints total. Since about 8-10 were tipped balls)

lawl
09-07-2011, 04:13 PM
this was last yrs.... 3600 yards, 26 tds, 15 ints, and 61+% comp. percentage, and 7+ ave. per comp attempt. I was a bit off on the total yards by 400 and 25 ints (figured w/new wrs the yards would improve based on their yac but wasnt expecting it to jump much higher because of the growing pains with non-vet wrs, and i was off by ints by 10 but if you go by the records that he officially caused from other sources they say he should have only had about 15-17 ints total. Since about 8-10 were tipped balls)

7 were tipped balls off of Giants WRs

DragonSoul
09-07-2011, 04:26 PM

7 were tipped balls off of Giants WRs
if that holds true I would have been off by 3. The yr prior I was even closer, to bad I did not save that one. Maybe i can find a way to locate it.

BurnerNYG
09-07-2011, 04:27 PM
I can't wait til the day Eli Manning LEAVES! Tired of going into season after season wondering what we're gonna get from Mr. Gump.Even with all the injuries, if we had a QB like Rodgers, I wouldn't be worried about this team not one bit.

BigBlueHits
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I can't wait til the day Eli Manning LEAVES! Tired of going into season after season wondering what we're gonna get from Mr. Gump.Even with all the injuries, if we had a QB like Rodgers, I wouldn't be worried about this team not one bit.

UUMMMM considering many people consider Rodgers the best QB in the league right now let me ask you this....How many teams have a QB like Rodgers?

BurnerNYG
09-07-2011, 04:41 PM

UUMMMM considering many people consider Rodgers the best QB in the league right now let me ask you this....How many teams have a QB like Rodgers?Do I really gotta make a list? You watch football don't you? Only on the GMB Eli gets such praise.

NYDestroyer
09-08-2011, 12:58 AM
LOL, with less weapons and a new offensive line. I'm predicting 30 and I'm not talking TDs LOL.

Ten more years of Eli Manning means... LOL

BurnerNYG
09-08-2011, 01:30 AM
LOL, with less weapons and a new offensive line. I'm predicting 30 and I'm not talking TDs LOL.

Ten more years of Eli Manning means... LOL
What are you a Eagle fan? 10 more years with Eli and his one, possibly 2 SB victories will be a helluva lot better than your high expectations, no reward every year.

Harooni
09-08-2011, 01:34 AM
other fans of the nfc east wish we keep manning forever and other teams CB's lick their chops over those jump balls just thrown out there for grabs. (many stated it) does this tell anyone anything at all?

yes eli sets his protection and reads the D well, but no one fears his ability.

FUUFNF
09-08-2011, 01:40 AM
By years end?!?... Hell, we'll be revisiting this by Monday morning (if not sooner).

gumby742
09-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I'll predict that any top 10 QB will meet around these stats ..

3200 yards, 20 TDs, 12 Ints. Give or take 500 yards, 4-5 TDs, 5-6 Ints of course.

Damn, I'm good.

YATittle1962
09-08-2011, 07:57 PM
this team has never ever had an "elite" QB and every one of you are still fans....

who gives a flying ****

dont turn the ball over and all is forgotten

Furiator
09-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Remember back when Eli said he is in the same company as Brady?

Look at Eli's stats last year vs Brady:

Eli: 4002 yards 339 completions on 539 attempts 62.9% completion percentage 31 TDs 25 INTs. QB rating 85.3
Tom: 3900 yards 324 completions on 492 attempts 65.9% completion percentage 36 TD 4 INTs QB rating 111.0

Similar all around except for INTS.

But look deeper.... Eli had 21 more drives cut short due to INTs and still had similar stats. What do you think would happen if he cuts the ints to say 12? Well if Eli only gets 20 more yards on each of those 12 drives, and add about 3 more TD's what could his stats look like:

4,242 yards, 353 completions on 551 attempts 64.1 completion percentage.... even if he scored no more TD's 34TD vs 12 INT is great. his QB rating would be 99.0 ... up from 85.3

Imagine if the WRs would stop dropping the ball too!

Eli is so close but the dumb INTs is the ONLY thing holding him back. And most of the dumb INTS (nearly every other one last season) was due to a tipped ball.

Why can't everyone see that?

I've been saying since last season, I expect Eli to take that Giant step forward this year.

<table id="yui_3_3_0_2_131552920956524" height="20" width="634" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody id="yui_3_3_0_2_131552920956523"><tr id="yui_3_3_0_2_131552920956540" class="ysprow1" height="16" align="right"><td class="yspscores">
</td><td class="yspscores">
</td><td id="yui_3_3_0_2_131552920956539" class="yspscores">
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td><td valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

jax5338
09-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually wait until "years end" to rehash and re-tread this stupid argument...again and again and again and again.... maybe we could change things up a little and argue about whether or not Zak Deossi is an "elite" long snapper... Just look at his numbers.....no, don't be stupid, numbers don't mean anything..... did he snap his way to a superbopwl victory??....no, you idiot,that doesn't mean anything..... but look how much he's paid, he should be elite for that much snapping dough...but he's not paid that much more than other long snappers.... yeah, but he's not as good as the long snapper for New England, or no where near as good as his brother...er, father... so, that doesn't mean he's not elite....</p>

haha this made me laugh love the analogy. spot on.

pheonix73
09-08-2011, 09:22 PM
yah know what all ya got a good point but you all got to remember that it is so hard to pull a tom brady or payton manning out of a draft and if you can at least grab a franchise QB you need to keep him because most likley you are going to get russel. hell people keep talking about the jets. like sanchez is better then eli is right now. did sanchez thow for 4000 yard did he complete at least 60% of his passes? Hell if we were this hard on simms i bet he would be asking for a trade. Yah eli is not the best QB in the nfl but he is damn good!!

giantsforce
09-08-2011, 09:36 PM

UUMMMM considering many people consider Rodgers the best QB in the league right now let me ask you this....How many teams have a QB like Rodgers?Ummmm, the Saints, The Pats, The Colts, the Steelers, and yes the Lions.

DragonSoul
11-06-2011, 08:08 PM
bumpity :)

DragonSoul
11-06-2011, 08:53 PM
My Elis 11 numbers from my prediction thread of mine... http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2232095.aspx

Yards - 4200, YPA - 7.7, TD - 34, Int - 13, Comp % = 64%, QB Rating (which i hate) - 95%

RobCarpenter
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
other fans of the nfc east wish we keep manning forever and other teams CB's lick their chops over those jump balls just thrown out there for grabs. (many stated it) does this tell anyone anything at all?

</P>

Can you say CLUELESS!!!</P>

DragonSoul
11-07-2011, 08:59 AM
just saying :)

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Very glad to bumpity this!!!

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 02:10 AM

</P>

LMAO...what a troll!</P>

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 02:11 AM
I'll predict that any top 10 QB will meet around these stats .. 3200 yards, 20 TDs, 12 Ints. Give or take 500 yards, 4-5 TDs, 5-6 Ints of course. Damn, I'm good.</P>

Damn...you missed it by this..............................much!</P>

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 02:31 AM
Guess I have done fairy well on some of my predictions this year.

Maybe some sports organization should hire me. At least I won't be a lemming & think outside the box, based on common sense, research and FACTS!

Go Eli... As i have said before he = Mr. Clutch.

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 04:20 AM
Year Yds Avg TD Int Rate
2011 4,933 8.4 29 16 92.9

Plus finishing 9-7 as an NFC East Champion after all the team has gone through. Oh and Eli finished with 15 fourth quarter TDS the NEW NFL RECORD, ahead of only Unitas and Peyton Manning, and the only one who tied Marino with 3 400 yard games in a season...

Not Bad!

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 01:07 PM
final bumpity

giantsfan420
01-02-2012, 01:10 PM
other fans of the nfc east wish we keep manning forever and other teams CB's lick their chops over those jump balls just thrown out there for grabs.* (many stated it)* does this tell anyone anything at all?

</P>

i think harooni is a good member here but he has historically been way way off about eli. chances are, whatever he says about eli, the opposite to be true.

at least harooni has the guts to admit when he's wrong. some of these other guys feel they were right all along and that posters who backed and supported eli were some how wrong, lol, they actually claim "I win again", its all good tho. giants as a team surpased a lot of low expectations. i just find it odd that some of the posters who rag on posters who celebrate eli because they talk about eli, when in fact they bring up eli much much more.

GameTime
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
OMG....who gives a flying crap if he is elite or not... Just limit the picks and win games...... he doesnt have to be elite and it doesnt matter how many better QBs in the league there are. Only wins matter..... The only list I want to see Eli and the rest of the Giants on are the post season rosters....</P>

^this....</P>

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 01:13 PM
other fans of the nfc east wish we keep manning forever and other teams CB's lick their chops over those jump balls just thrown out there for grabs.* (many stated it)* does this tell anyone anything at all?

</P>

i think harooni is a good member here but he has historically been way way off about eli. chances are, whatever he says about eli, the opposite to be true.

at least harooni has the guts to admit when he's wrong. some of these other guys feel they were right all along and that posters who backed and supported eli were some how wrong, lol, they actually claim "I win again", its all good tho. giants as a team surpased a lot of low expectations. i just find it odd that some of the posters who rag on posters who celebrate eli because they talk about eli, when in fact they bring up eli much much more.There is a limit for everything. Including supporting or knocking a player or coach(s).

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Year Yds Avg TD Int Rate 2011 4,933 8.4 29 16 92.9 Plus finishing 9-7 as an NFC East Champion after all the team has gone through. Oh and Eli finished with 15 fourth quarter TDS the NEW NFL RECORD, ahead of only Unitas and Peyton Manning, and the only one who tied Marino with 3 400 yard games in a season... Not Bad!</P>

Eli had a terrific season and you did greatwith your predictions. Good job!</P>

RobCarpenter
01-02-2012, 01:44 PM

</P>

i think harooni is a good member here but he has historically been way way off about eli. chances are, whatever he says about eli, the opposite to be true. at least harooni has the guts to admit when he's wrong. some of these other guys feel they were right all along and that posters who backed and supported eli were some how wrong, lol, they actually claim "I win again", its all good tho. giants as a team surpased a lot of low expectations. i just find it odd that some of the posters who rag on posters who celebrate eli because they talk about eli, when in fact they bring up eli much much more.</P>

I agree with much of what you say, butgotta disagree with you about harooni. His constantpassive-agressive, back-handedattacks on Eli are old and petty. MS and Rosie do similar stuff. </P>

</P>

BrianK
01-02-2012, 02:27 PM

So true! Did you see Terrance Newmann licking his chops last night? Oh wait that wasn't his chops it was his wounds he was licking from Eli beating him senseless all night long......

NY_Eli
01-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry dragonsoul but nobody gives a **** about your predictions, no matter how accutate they are.

Predictions are stupid, just watch and enjoy the games

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Sorry dragonsoul but nobody gives a **** about your predictions, no matter how accutate they are.

Predictions are stupid, just watch and enjoy the gamesinteresting. Figured thats what a lot of analysts do. They predict and then talk about why... Maybe I'm wrong...

Voldamort
01-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Eli has been the best player on the team for the last 3 years!!For the way the media has killed this guy because Micheal Kay works for the Jets, why didn't he ask Sanchez if he was elite?

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Eli has been the best player on the team for the last 3 years!!For the way the media has killed this guy because Micheal Kay works for the Jets, why didn't he ask Sanchez if he was elite?Sad thing was, some here liked Shanchize over Eli. Sad bunch...

BrianK
01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Eli has been the best player on the team for the last 3 years!!For the way the media has killed this guy because Micheal Kay works for the Jets, why didn't he ask Sanchez if he was elite?Sad thing was, some here liked Shanchize over Eli. Sad bunch...
Sad indeed

JJC7301
01-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Eli has shown that every time he is questioned or had to face adversity, not only did he meet it head on but surpasses it. I believe he will have analysts asking that question before years end, based on his play (positive).

He knew what he was saying, and would have known he would have to back it up. I do not think he did that carelessly. That is not his style.

+1 -- you are 100% correct. Eli NEVER would have said something even remote to that if he didn't believe in himself like that. I was thinking the same thing when he said and thought that he may really bring it to another level this year.

Thank God we got this guy and that Accorsi traded up to get him. He is a GREAT GIANT.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 01:27 AM
ELi is not Elite. He is good but not on the top 3 elite level. I think after so many years some of you would accept this fact.

jhamburg
01-03-2012, 01:43 AM
ELi is not Elite. He is good but not on the top 3 elite level. I think after so many years some of you would accept this fact.

This whole "elite" thing is such a ridiculous semantic argument, it's really getting old. I have noticed though that the definition of "elite" is constantly revised to mean "All NFL QBs better than Eli Manning"

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 01:51 AM
Problem is, is you are not using facts here. Feel free to try to use some.

Here are a few for you. Besides that he gets better EVERY YEAR Statistically.

Manning shattered his own franchise record by throwing for 4,933 yards.

He broke the NFL record for fourth-quarter touchdown passes with 15. Ahead of Unitas and Peyton Manning who had 14 previously.

If not for Manning we would not be in the playoffs today.

Go day :)

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 01:54 AM

This whole "elite" thing is such a ridiculous semantic argument, it's really getting old. I have noticed though that the definition of "elite" is constantly revised to mean "All NFL QBs better than Eli Manning" I look at Elite a few ways.

1) Clutch = Mainly can he step up in big spots and make BIG Plays on a consistent basis. He has shown he is at the tops of this category.

2) Does he make the players around him better. He does. If I remember correctly that is what EA wrote about him, in his coating repots of Eli.

3) Does he work on improving himself? Every year he has gotten better in a number of ways.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 01:59 AM

He broke the NFL record for fourth-quarter touchdown passes with 15. Ahead of Unitas and Peyton Manning who had 14 previously.

we beat the jets with Eli having a 33 rating, try again fan boy.
Eli is lucky to have so much talent around him, or he is above average ranked somewhere around 15th. I think Eli is a good fit, but some of you need a reality check on how great he is.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 02:03 AM

we beat the jets with Eli having a 33 rating, try again fan boy.*
Eli is lucky to have so much talent around him, or he is above average ranked somewhere around 15th.* I think Eli is a good fit, but some of you need a reality check on how great he is.

do not feed the troll. "some of us need a reality check"???? i guess everyone on these boards is way off and u, one person out of the thousands that come here daily, know more than ALL of us. not even the staunchest of eli critics would make the claim "ranked somewhere around 15th".

next time u troll, pick a better name, dont make ur first post completely obvious, and choose a better more conspicuous sig.

are trolls getting this lazy nowadays? lmfao. ridiculous. ur either a bitter cowboys, eagles, redskins fan or a falcons fan.

if ur really a giants fan, i suggest u rewatch every game of the season, then reassess ur claim.

BUT DONT FEED TROLLS, ONCE U DO THEY NEVER LEAVE.

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 02:05 AM

Eli is lucky to have so much talent around him, or he is above average ranked somewhere around 15th.* I think Eli is a good fit, but some of you need a reality check on how great he is.
Welcome troll. Don't get to comfy.

If you go by qbr then we already know how knowledgable you are as a fan. And since you are such a Genius I guess you missed the dropped balls and TDS as well?

Continue trolling troll.

DragonSoul
01-03-2012, 02:06 AM

do not feed the troll. "some of us need a reality check"???? i guess everyone on these boards is way off and u, one person out of the thousands that come here daily, know more than ALL of us. not even the staunchest of eli critics would make the claim "ranked somewhere around 15th".

next time u troll, pick a better name, dont make ur first post completely obvious, and choose a better more conspicuous sig.

are trolls getting this lazy nowadays? lmfao. ridiculous. ur either a bitter cowboys, eagles, redskins fan or a falcons fan.

if ur really a giants fan, i suggest u rewatch every game of the season, then reassess ur claim.

BUT DONT FEED TROLLS, ONCE U DO THEY NEVER LEAVE.It is obvious what that thing is. Figured i put the troll in his place. Now he won't be fed. :)

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 02:07 AM

we beat the jets with Eli having a 33 rating, try again fan boy.
Eli is lucky to have so much talent around him, or he is above average ranked somewhere around 15th. I think Eli is a good fit, but some of you need a reality check on how great he is.

If you go by qbr then we already know how knowledgable you are as a fan. And since you are such a Genius I guess you missed the dropped balls and TDS as well?

Continue trolling troll.

who is trolling? what was Elis QBR in the win over the Jets? All you have to realize is that Eli is on a good team and archie wanted it this way, he knew Eli needed to be surrounded by talent.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 02:29 AM

Continue trolling troll.

who is trolling? what was Elis QBR in the win over the Jets?* All you have to realize is that Eli is on a good team and archie wanted it this way, he knew Eli needed to be surrounded by talent.

u do know we love opposing teams fans when they're respectful. theres no problem if ur a fan of another team, but at least be respectful and not go about posting like this. we love when other teams fans share meaningful points of views.

either way, i apologize if ur not a troll which i highly doubt considering u changed ur sig as soon as i mentioned it made it obvious u were trolling. im done conversing with u until u just man up, talk football, and be real about ur team. again we welcome opposing teams fans here, we dont welcome trolls tho.

Itlan
01-03-2012, 02:55 AM

Continue trolling troll.

who is trolling? what was Elis QBR in the win over the Jets?* All you have to realize is that Eli is on a good team and archie wanted it this way, he knew Eli needed to be surrounded by talent.
That doesn't even make sense. Eli made Cruz, Nicks, Steve Smith, Manningham, Ballard, Boss, etc. He's done better in career after getting away from Tiki, Shockey, Plax, Toomer, etc. Your argument is simply stupid, much like your username and other posts.

Furthermore, taking the QB rating at face value, you may think Eli played a poor game. If you WATCHED the game, which I'm beginning to think you really haven't seen any Giants games, you'd realize there were a number of drops that day, along with communication breakdowns with young receivers (Cruz running the wrong routes). It's clear what your agenda is, and I'll probably just ignore you henceforth because you're a troll, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this reply.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 03:14 AM
no one responded to my question. what was Eli's QBR for the Jets win? When will you worshipers realize the rest of the team is good and Eli is surrounded by a lot of talent. Its always the reciever ran the wrong route or dropped the ball , you never admit when Eli is playing poorly. Eli isnt going to become Elite just because a handful of you fan boys try to convince the world he is.

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 03:40 AM
no one responded to my question. what was Eli's QBR for the Jets win?* When will you worshipers realize the rest of the team is good and Eli is surrounded by a lot of talent. Its always the reciever ran the wrong route or dropped the ball , you never admit when Eli is playing poorly.* Eli isnt going to become Elite just because a handful of you fan boys try to convince the world he is.

handful of us fan boys huh...i have yet to hear ONE respected football analyst or commentator, or even one of the lame talking heads say anything besides eli is elite.

there have been several posters who have criticized eli with good reason, no one in their right mind would say eli hasnt played at an elite level this year.

this topic has been beaten to death on this message board, all aspects of the spectrum voiced their opinions preseason and early into the season. some of eli's staunchest critics here have said eli has been elite this year w/o a doubt.

more like eli isnt going to become "average" just bc u say he is. i can respect differing opinions. if u had went "i truly dont think eli is elite yet..." and given good reason i at least would have no problem with that.

u use the jets game qbr to try and "prove" that eli is this avg player whose a product of the talent around him.

he certainly has talent in nicks and cruz, but the run game has struggled immensely as well as the OL.

further, we have had a revolving door of talent surrounding him. u do realize two of his 3 top passing targets are undrafted free agents right?

u may very well be a giants fan. i highly doubt it. and even if u are, ur opinion is way way off and if u truly believe what u r saying, then there is no point conversing with you bc it'd be like conversing with a monkey sitting on a cactus.

cya later

Redzone42
01-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Considering how poorly this defense has played all year, I think it would be pretty hard to argue that Eli isn't Elite. His numbers are great, he has great pocket presence, and gets it done when it matters. I think this team can continue to get it done through the air, but the defense needs to step up big time, especially considering where this team spends most of its money.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 04:07 AM
Nobody refers to Eli as Elite outside this messageboard bubble. Matt Ryan had better stats do you consider him elite? Many of you dont consider brees elite so what gives you the balls to say Eli is? IF Eli doesn't have cruz that turns 9 yard passes into 99 yard td's we dont get in the playoffs. its not elite its having a load of talent around you.

Drez
01-03-2012, 06:31 AM
Nobody refers to Eli as Elite outside this messageboard bubble. Matt Ryan had better stats do you consider him elite? Many of you dont consider brees elite so what gives you the balls to say Eli is? IF Eli doesn't have cruz that turns 9 yard passes into 99 yard td's we dont get in the playoffs. its not elite its having a load of talent around you.
</P>

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7qe7y7EuFLw/TYcRRQ5O5CI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/GhrlD0tKIFs/s1600/net-troll.jpg</P>

nygfanmaybe
01-03-2012, 07:18 AM
I have to admit that there is one thing that I do find interesting...or curious I suppose is a better word. How do they do it? Do they have several computers at their access...or do they have a list that has different IP addresses that are used for different usernames? I don't know because I only go by one.

chasjay
01-03-2012, 07:50 AM
A Big Picture observation - whether you appreciate Eli or not, here are a couple of facts: (and I hate the use of the term "elite", by the way). If he stays at or near his current production rate, in 3 more seasons Eli will be near, if not within, the top 10 all-time QB's in passing yardage and TD passes. I'm not saying that spells elite......I'm just sayin'. Injury or other issues could change all that, of course. Of the top 15 QB's in each of those categories, only 3 are not in or destined for the HOF - Testaverde, Krieg and Blesoe. Again - just sayin'.

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 08:40 AM
</P>

Skittish_Eli = harooni (with adifferent user name)</P>

Itlan
01-03-2012, 09:10 AM
no one responded to my question. what was Eli's QBR for the Jets win?* When will you worshipers realize the rest of the team is good and Eli is surrounded by a lot of talent. Its always the reciever ran the wrong route or dropped the ball , you never admit when Eli is playing poorly.* Eli isnt going to become Elite just because a handful of you fan boys try to convince the world he is.
I did respond, you refuse to acknowledge it. If Eli had played poorly, we'd admit it. Did he play at a high level? Absolutely not. The entire offense didn't, it's not just on Eli. That is what you refuse to see.

Also, one game defines a player? Well in that case, I'll take his Superbowl MVP game. From now on, Eli isn't Elite, he's just a perpetual Superbowl MVP and the clutchest player in the NFL. You win.

Also, let me ask you. Do you think two Nicks dropped TDs is on Eli? What about the interception in the Jets game, which plummeted Eli's already bad game? That was on Eli right, hitting Nicks right in the hands? How about Barden getting scared of a 5'10 190 pound safety and dropping the ball?

But yes, you're right. They've surrounded Eli with so much talent, including an undrafted free agent as their #2 WR. What world do you live in?

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 07:29 PM
no one responded to my question. what was Eli's QBR for the Jets win? When will you worshipers realize the rest of the team is good and Eli is surrounded by a lot of talent. Its always the reciever ran the wrong route or dropped the ball , you never admit when Eli is playing poorly. Eli isnt going to become Elite just because a handful of you fan boys try to convince the world he is.
I did respond, you refuse to acknowledge it. If Eli had played poorly, we'd admit it. Did he play at a high level? Absolutely not. The entire offense didn't, it's not just on Eli. That is what you refuse to see. Also, one game defines a player? Well in that case, I'll take his Superbowl MVP game. From now on, Eli isn't Elite, he's just a perpetual Superbowl MVP and the clutchest player in the NFL. You win. Also, let me ask you. Do you think two Nicks dropped TDs is on Eli? What about the interception in the Jets game, which plummeted Eli's already bad game? That was on Eli right, hitting Nicks right in the hands? How about Barden getting scared of a 5'10 190 pound safety and dropping the ball? But yes, you're right. They've surrounded Eli with so much talent, including an undrafted free agent as their #2 WR. What world do you live in?</P>

Good posts.</P>

Btw, I think its noteworthy that Elijust set a franchise record being surrounded by Nicks, and an UDFA WR, an UDFA TE, UDFA FB, subpar OLine play andthe 32nd best (or NFL worst) rushing attack. </P>

Plug Matt Flynn into the Giants Offense and see what you'd get.</P>

jomo
01-03-2012, 07:46 PM

I never had any doubts about Eli but you took the time to lay it out at the start of the season andso you are entitled to applause for nailing it in public. [B]

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 07:58 PM
The jets win proves Eli is not elite and the giants can win without Eli playing a good game. Yall just dont want to hear it.

jomo
01-03-2012, 08:02 PM
The jets win proves Eli is not elite and the giants can win without Eli playing a good game. Yall just dont want to hear it.
[:D]<FONT color=#ff0000>My man.</FONT>

yatitle
01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
</p>

Skittish_Eli = harooni (with adifferent user name)</p>

Nah, not Harooni's style. Harooni at the end of the day is a big Giant fan. Skittish Eli probably a toothless Falcon fan from Georgia.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
The giants organization has spent nearly every penny in cap space to surround young Manning with the talent he desperately needs to make a decent showing of a 9-7 record.

GameTime
01-03-2012, 08:12 PM
The giants organization has spent nearly every penny in cap space to surround young Manning with the talent he desperately needs to make a decent showing of a 9-7 record.
</P>

And its Eli's fault they are only 9-7??</P>

</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
</P>

I know I'm wasting my breath here, but here goes...</P>

Then why is it that most of our cap space is devoted to defense...? The only offensive skill positions that take up any significant cap space are the running backs whom sucked this year.</P>

All the WRs are on either rookie contracts or close to minimum vet FA contracts. The TE's are on contract commensurate with being either UDFAs or mid-round draft picks.</P>

We do have a fair amount of money soaked up into the OL, but not only is thatnot out of the ordinary, they have mostly underperformed this season, particuarly in the running game, and to a certain degree in the passing game.</P>

</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

Yeah, we must've missed all those games where the defense held our opponents to under 17 points.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM
</P>

Nah, not Harooni's style. Harooni at the end of the day is a big Giant fan. Skittish Eli probably a toothless Falcon fan from Georgia.
</P>

Skittish kind of has a Manningbowl feel to him... Watch for the term, "noodle arm."</P>

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:18 PM
</p>

And its Eli's fault they are only 9-7??</p>

</p>
He has to show up for more than just the fourth quarter. He can't win a shootout against rodgers or Brees. I dont see him out gunning Ryan this week. Eli isn't athletic enough.

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
</P>

</P>

He has to show up for more than just the fourth quarter. He can't win a shootout against rodgers or Brees. I dont see him out gunning Ryan this week. Eli isn't athletic enough.
</P>

But, Eli did duel to a draw with AR... If the defense could have only made a stop. And that was even with all the ****ty officiating in that one. </P>

Eli is much better equipped to get into a shootout than is Ryan. </P>

FBomb
01-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Well, I guess the trailer park finally got internet.

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Eli was suppose to be like rodgers right out of the gate. Not a 8 year project that gets a little better per year.

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Eli was suppose to be like rodgers right out of the gate. Not a 8 year project that gets a little better per year.
</P>

And how many years did Rodgers sit on the bench before becoming a starter?</P>

Keep trolling. It amuses me.</P>

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:36 PM
</p>

And how many years did Rodgers sit on the bench before becoming a starter?</p>

Keep trolling. It amuses me.</p>So big deal he wasnt palying now was he? The fact of the matter is Eli is a second tier QB along with Rivers Rothlisberger romo vick and a few others .

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM
</P>

</P>

I'm not worried about Rogers. Eli had GB beat exept our D couldn't hold with less than a minute to go. I'd be more concerned if GB starts Flynn.</P>

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
I'd be more concerned if GB starts Flynn.</P>I hope that's a joke.

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 08:40 PM
</P>

</P>

I don't know, skittish's thoughts and logic have a lot of harooni in them. If he (or she) makes a reference to Tiki, than I think he's been outed.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:41 PM
</P>

So big deal he wasnt palying now was he? The fact of the matter is Eli is a second tier QB along with Rivers Rothlisberger romo vick and a few others .
</P>

So, that means Rodgers wasn't quite ready right out of the gate...</P>

Matter of factly, Eli was a SB MVP before Rodgers ever started a game.</P>

</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I'd be more concerned if GB starts Flynn.

</P>

I hope that's a joke.</P>

I think it's more a reference to how poorly we generally do against back-up QBs, lol.</P>

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
</p>

And how many years did Rodgers sit on the bench before becoming a starter?</p>

Keep trolling. It amuses me.</p>

So big deal he wasnt palying now was he? The fact of the matter is Eli is a second tier QB along with Rivers Rothlisberger romo vick and a few others .
</p>

So, that means Rodgers wasn't quite ready right out of the gate...</p>

Matter of factly, Eli was a SB MVP before Rodgers ever started a game.</p>

</p>

Not drafted in the same year. You not making sense my dude

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 08:44 PM

</P>

I think it's more a reference to how poorly we generally do against back-up QBs, lol.</P>It's so crazy how bad we are vs. backups. How many QBs did we injure last year? 6? That's karma for ya.

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

Good one. </P>

Heck, Flynn has had a better start to his career than Rodgers.Just imagine what Eli could do running that GB Offense. </P>

Skittish_Eli
01-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Im pretty sure Eli has a disability. He has a tourettes twitch in his shoulder and how he talks in interviews. I'm sorry to sound insensitive however this could be why the playbook is so dumbed down.

RobCarpenter
01-03-2012, 08:51 PM

</P>

I'm just playing with harooni..I mean this skittish_troll.</P>

Drez
01-03-2012, 08:54 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

Not drafted in the same year. You not making sense my dude
</P>

How does their not being drafted in the same year matter?</P>

Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years learning the game before being a starter.</P>

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 08:54 PM

Elite is a completely subjective descriptor. I would think after so many years you would be smart enough to know and accept this fact.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM

Continue trolling troll.

This.

By the way, there's no such thing as QBR. Knowledgeable football fans know this. Trolls, not so much apparently.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 09:00 PM

</P>

I'm just playing with harooni..I mean this skittish_troll.</P>Don't think it's Harooni but don't let me stop you lol

Die-Hard
01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
The troll is gone

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Nobody refers to Eli as Elite outside this messageboard bubble.* Matt Ryan had better stats do you consider him elite?* Many of you dont consider brees elite so what gives you the balls to say Eli is?* IF Eli doesn't have cruz that turns 9 yard passes into 99 yard td's we dont get in the playoffs. its not elite its having a load of talent around you.
</P>

Skittish_Eli* =* harooni (with a*different user name)</P>

I don't believe that.

FIrst, Harooni understands the sport so this guy can't be him. Second, I have a hard time believing Harooni would bother with this type of nonsense.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 09:21 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 09:23 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.I'd like to see that list. There is subjective and then there is evident, I don't see that many QBs in the discussion, especially after this year.

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.I'd like to see that list. There is subjective and then there is evident, I don't see that many QBs in the discussion, especially after this year.One year doesnt make for a career ,it is the body of work.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:32 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.

Actually, you can't.

All you can do is give your opinion about 15 QBs whom you feel are around as good as Eli.

I have no desire to attempt to force you to call him elite, nor to call him that myself...why would I? I think the whole elite thing is a crock of crap created by morons in the media.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:33 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.I'd like to see that list. There is subjective and then there is evident, I don't see that many QBs in the discussion, especially after this year.One year doesnt make for a career ,it is the body of work.

Let the backpedaling begin!

You see what you get for trying to engage him with logic, 820?

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 09:36 PM

Actually, you can't.

All you can do is give your opinion about 15 QBs whom you feel are around as good as Eli.

I have no desire to attempt to force you to call him elite, nor to call him that myself...why would I? I think the whole elite thing is a crock of crap created by morons in the media.

Well you are sane some here feel they need to force feed it, how many eli is elite threads do you see and how many eli is not elite threads? i see 3 eli is elite threads in the first page alone. I feel as if i am being forced to agree he is the best QB in the NFL.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM

You see what you get for trying to engage him with logic, 820?Oh well

GameTime
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year. Actually, you can't. All you can do is give your opinion about 15 QBs whom you feel are around as good as Eli. I have no desire to attempt to force you to call him elite, nor to call him that myself...why would I? I think the whole elite thing is a crock of crap created by morons in the media. Well you are sane some here feel they need to force feed it, how many eli is elite threads do you see and how many eli is not elite threads? i see 3 eli is elite threads in the first page alone. I feel as if i am being forced to agree he is the best QB in the NFL.</P>

and why do let other people's opinions bother you??</P>

How do you get force fed by a message board???</P>

</P>

NoHuddle10
01-03-2012, 09:42 PM

Actually, you can't.

Well you are sane some here feel they need to force feed it, how many eli is elite threads do you see and how many eli is not elite threads? i see 3 eli is elite threads in the first page alone. I feel as if i am being forced to agree he is the best QB in the NFL.

Hardly... But you are just a fool if you dont think he is at least top 6 currently.

Ok ok... Maybe not a fool, but definitely not someone I want picking the QB on my team.

Lets just say, not very good at watching a football game in the eyes of a talent evaluator..

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:43 PM

Actually, you can't.

Are you always this easily led by peer pressure?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year. Actually, you can't. All you can do is give your opinion about 15 QBs whom you feel are around as good as Eli. I have no desire to attempt to force you to call him elite, nor to call him that myself...why would I? I think the whole elite thing is a crock of crap created by morons in the media. Well you are sane some here feel they need to force feed it, how many eli is elite threads do you see and how many eli is not elite threads? i see 3 eli is elite threads in the first page alone. I feel as if i am being forced to agree he is the best QB in the NFL.</P>

and why do let other people's opinions bother you??</P>

How do you get force fed by a message board???</P>

*</P>3 threads GameTime...

3 THREADS GAMETIME!!!!

3!

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM

So we judge a QB by his best year not his career? that seems very odd.

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:51 PM

How many years would you like to discuss?

10? 8?

Unless you are talking about retired players it's a moving target and kind of a stupid metric. But feel free to have at it.

By the way, if you're don't easily succumb to peer pressure then forget I asked about the gladiator stuff...

Tuffy44
01-03-2012, 09:53 PM

10? 8?

Unless you are talking about retired players it's a moving target and kind of a stupid metric. But feel free to have at it.

By the way, if you're don't easily succumb to peer pressure then forget I asked about the gladiator stuff...
I'm sorry I live on planet earth. you?

SoBlu72
01-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Eli is akwardly the best in my eyes. My point is... out of the top three QBs this year A Rogers, D Brees, and evenT Brady I haven't seen the gutsy moves to keep the play alive with Eli's success while under such duress. The pass to Cruz down field was earily reminiscent of the Tyree pass. Not sure the others can make that throw with the defenders draped on them with Eli's consistency. Nothing against the other great ones of this era, but you have to give Eli his due credit and place him right in the mix amongst the other for his toughness.

The guy straight out balls with a poker face!

Go Blue!!!

Sarcasman
01-03-2012, 09:56 PM

10? 8?

I'm sorry I live on planet earth. you?

Look kid, I don't explain the jokes; ya either get 'em or you don't. Do you have any smart friends you could ask?

Interestingly you didn't answer the question about the number of years.

gmen0820
01-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Eli is akwardly the best in my eyes. My point is... out of the top three QBs this year A Rogers, D Brees, and evenT Brady I haven't seen the gutsy moves to keep the play alive with Eli's success while under such duress. The pass to Cruz down field was earily reminiscent of the Tyree pass. Not sure the others can make that throw with the defenders draped on them with Eli's consistency. Nothing against the other great ones of this era, but you have to give Eli his due credit and place him right in the mix amongst the other for his toughness.

Go Blue!!!Tom Brady is just as clutch, Rodgers doesn't do it because he rarely has to do it but he has proven, even against us, he can do it. Drew Brees, see Aaron Rodgers.

Drez
01-03-2012, 10:09 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.I'd like to see that list. There is subjective and then there is evident, I don't see that many QBs in the discussion, especially after this year.One year doesnt make for a career ,it is the body of work. Let the backpedaling begin! You see what you get for trying to engage him with logic, 820? So we judge a QB by his best year not his career? that seems very odd. How many years would you like to discuss? 10? 8? Unless you are talking about retired players it's a moving target and kind of a stupid metric. But feel free to have at it. By the way, if you're don't easily succumb to peer pressure then forget I asked about the gladiator stuff... I'm sorry I live on planet earth. you? Look kid, I don't explain the jokes; ya either get 'em or you don't. Do you have any smart friends you could ask? Interestingly you didn't answer the question about the number of years.</P>

And has been done previously, I believe with Brees, Brady, and maybe Peyton, if you take a look at Eli's stats compared to theirs at similar points in their careers (i.e. through their first 6 or 7 years as full time starters), Eli's actually match up favorably... Better in some areas, worse in others, but definitely in line with that ilk.</P>

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 10:14 PM

so name 15 qbs that have a better body of work playing right now.

Slunk3AM
01-03-2012, 10:27 PM

Tuffy44 = Skittish_Eli

giantsfan420
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Tuffy44 = Skittish_Eli

yeah thats what im thinking. im honestly expecting harooni to go "gotchya" here soon under those names.

last night skittish made his first post really late and i was up had to make sure everything was alright with some one in my family so i saw his post and his original sig was a cartoon drawing of eli making fun of him.

i immediately called him on it and said dude u r not gonna fool anyone into thinking ur an actual giants fan with that sig, and then he immediately changed it to a comical picture of eli that wasnt as obvious.

think it could be harooni just messing around originally and then he just started to run with it. if it wasnt harooni it wouldnt surprise me either, the poster just has some similar tendencies like the picture posting.

i've been here for years and a lot of other posters have been too and we have no idea how to post pictures, but skittish and tuffy making there first posts know how to post pictures?

def. a poster that had been here for a while that maybe got banned or something

Drez
01-03-2012, 10:36 PM
There is a difference between good and Elite , I can name you 15 Qb's that are around as good as Eli and some that are better. Of course it is a matter of perception so I cant tell you not to call him elite, just as you can't force myself and others to call him Elite. I do know he has improved year to year.I'd like to see that list. There is subjective and then there is evident, I don't see that many QBs in the discussion, especially after this year.One year doesnt make for a career ,it is the body of work. so name 15 qbs that have a better body of work playing right now. Tuffy44 = Skittish_Eli yeah thats what im thinking. im honestly expecting harooni to go "gotchya" here soon under those names. last night skittish made his first post really late and i was up had to make sure everything was alright with some one in my family so i saw his post and his original sig was a cartoon drawing of eli making fun of him. i immediately called him on it and said dude u r not gonna fool anyone into thinking ur an actual giants fan with that sig, and then he immediately changed it to a comical picture of eli that wasnt as obvious. think it could be harooni just messing around originally and then he just started to run with it. if it wasnt harooni it wouldnt surprise me either, the poster just has some similar tendencies like the picture posting. i've been here for years and a lot of other posters have been too and we have no idea how to post pictures, but skittish and tuffy making there first posts know how to post pictures? def. a poster that had been here for a while that maybe got banned or something</P>

Skittish seemed more like Manningbowl than Harooni. Tuffy seems more like Harooni to me.</P>

DragonSoul
01-04-2012, 01:01 AM

So we judge a QB by his best year not his career? that seems very odd.If you Judged him by his career and all the situations relevant to that year, you yourself would see how foolish this post was as were some of the previous ones you have also made.

DragonSoul
01-04-2012, 01:22 AM

Go Blue!!!Tom Brady is just as clutch, Rodgers doesn't do it because he rarely has to do it but he has proven, even against us, he can do it. Drew Brees, see Aaron Rodgers.I pretty much agree with what you said with a few differences.

1) AR and Brees have not been put into that position, so yes while they may have done it a few times.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RodgAa00
AR - 3 fourth quarter comebacks, 6 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=BreeDr00 Apparently Brees had a few more then I thought
Brees - 19 fourth quarter comebacks, 29 game-winning drives

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=MannEl00 Thats not bad being more then 2 years after breed became a starter.
Eli - Eli has 19 fourth quarter comebacks, 23 game-winning drives

2) Have you seen what happens when Tom gets pressured? They create new rules for jim. But in all seriousness he has not looked the same the handful of games teams have gotten to him.

To me Eli seems to get out of it better with worse lineman and also brushes it off, and still at times more then not he will beat them anyway. As he did with Philly and a couple games this year.

BlooGiant
01-04-2012, 01:45 AM
<font color="#0000FF">Eli ws doing something more the other nite than he has done in the past .SCRAMBLE ! He is finding out that he can get open and get the ball to his recievers . Eli is just a late bloomer. He will be fine as years to come. Remember he talks with a great QB everyday and is pretty Close to Him ! Eli is way under rated !!! Thats what thr G-MEN like though , the ruff crticizm and lack at the Polls LOL. Dummies thats what they feed off of Media People lol . Too bad they cant Talk about Tony Romo and the Dallas Cheerleaders . . .im mean Cowboys. How Great is that Vick now again? Shhhhhh let it go. Your Probowl QB plays the Falcons Sunday.
</font>

nygfanmaybe
01-04-2012, 05:49 AM
I think they are all Harooni. One thing is for sure...when JR made the comment that Eli appeared "skittish", Harooni took that and has been running with it ever since. Now we have...or had...a guy whose posts are eerily similar to Harooni's and Harooni mysteriously stops posting during the time he is posting.

Then, the skittish_eli guy is banned, and this new guy, tuffy, pops up with the same kind of posts.

It is rather obvious.

RobCarpenter
01-04-2012, 08:00 AM
I think they are all Harooni. One thing is for sure...when JR made the comment that Eli appeared "skittish", Harooni took that and has been running with it ever since. Now we have...or had...a guy whose posts are eerily similar to Harooni's and Harooni mysteriously stops posting during the time he is posting. Then, the skittish_eli guy is banned, and this new guy, tuffy, pops up with the same kind of posts. It is rather obvious.</P>

I agree. When I first started reading skittish's posts (without looking to the left to see who posted the comment, I immediately thought it was aharooni post. Still do.</P>

Dorothy
01-04-2012, 08:17 AM

WHAT??????? Were where you when ELI won the playoff game in Greenbay. third coldest in football history.
go back to cheering for Romo

NY_Eli
01-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Predictions are stupid, just watch and enjoy the gamesinteresting. Figured thats what a lot of analysts do. They predict and then talk about why... Maybe I'm wrong...

It's one thing to predict who will win a game and discuss that.

It's quite another to predict specific statistics. Seems pointless to me.

But don't take my word for it, I don't really watch the 'analysts'.

DragonSoul
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM

It's one thing to predict who will win a game and discuss that.

It's quite another to predict specific statistics. Seems pointless to me.

But don't take my word for it, I don't really watch the 'analysts'.This was not the thread where I predicted his numbers. This was the thread you are referring to http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2232095.aspx

Also most find it fun/enjoyable to see who was the closest. Thats why people predict draft picks, wins vs losses, scores and even player numbers from qbs, wrs, rbs, and even defensive players that get sacks.

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I love me some me lol.

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Just saying :-)

DragonSoul
01-24-2012, 10:31 AM
You cannot spell ELIminator without ELI :)

G-Man67
01-24-2012, 11:00 AM
the good news is the Elite discussion should be over now

bad news is now we have to deal with the is he better than his brother ... is he better already, will he never be better no matter what or what does he have to do to be better

all silliness if you ask me, just win me another Super Bowl!!!!!

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 08:41 PM

bad news is now we have to deal with the is he better than his brother ... is he better already, will he never be better no matter what or what does he have to do to be better

all silliness if you ask me, just win me another Super Bowl!!!!!A SB win would be nice.

lawl
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM

all silliness if you ask me, just win me another Super Bowl!!!!!A SB win would be nice.

The year's over, no need to bump this anymore.

Welcome to 2012!</P>

DragonSoul
02-03-2012, 08:45 PM

The year's over, no need to bump this anymore.

Welcome to 2012!</P>Was just for you and a special few out there.

But its been a tradition, & I'm keeping it for the last week :)

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Just saying...