PDA

View Full Version : Win Sunday Cleans Slate of Jan '03 Debacle

Weygand
01-17-2012, 12:49 PM
This is the Giants biggest non-divisional rivalry, IMO. And if we win Sunday it will erase the biggest meltdown in Giants post-season history.

Can't wait

StrahanTuck
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
If they got to play Baltimore in SB, they could erase most past playoff demons. Really, the only ones they haven't paid back when it matters are the Eagles and Panthers. Eagles have won a bunch of playoff games in recent history with no retribution. The Panthers had that blowout win after the Giants got in really banged up.

Weygand
01-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Jan '03 was personally traumatic for reasons I cannot elaborate as long as this debt goes remains unpaid

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Beat the 49ers,then the Ravens and all is well in Giant land!!!

kodijake
01-17-2012, 01:34 PM
One of the worst days in Giants history. I didn't sleep for a week after that collapse. I think Osi was on that team, anyone else still an active Giant? </P>

NYG4ME
01-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Beat the 49ers,then the Ravens and all is well in Giant land!!!

God, especially with Big Mouth Ray Lewis still on the team... I would kill for that.. Ray did anyways.

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 01:43 PM
One of the worst days in Giants history. I didn't sleep for a week after that collapse. I think Osi was on that team, anyone else still an active Giant? </P>

</P>

No current Giants were on that squad. Diehl and Osi came the next season.</P>

Weygand
01-17-2012, 02:33 PM
No current Giants were on that squad. Diehl and Osi came the next season.</P>

Better they weren't tainted by the association with the bad memory.

SweetZombieJesus
01-17-2012, 03:39 PM
One of the worst ever -- made worse by the refs admitting they blew it the following day.

What, we can't get a do-over? The Giants can't retroactively win the game?

DragonSoul
01-17-2012, 03:49 PM
This is the Giants biggest non-divisional rivalry, IMO. And if we win Sunday it will erase the biggest meltdown in Giants post-season history.

Can't waitIt was the start of the refs screwing us. Even though it should have never come to that.

CTLadyBlue
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Jan '03 was personally traumatic for reasons I cannot elaborate as long as this debt goes remains unpaid

I was at the movies with hubby and got the score before going and was pumped the Giants were way ahead. All I could think of was coming out of the movie theatre and going home to watch the tape.

Of course, when I got home and found out what really happened, I was physically sick. The lasting image of Strahan stomping off the field looking ticked as anything still burns in my brain

swordfish
01-17-2012, 03:55 PM
It should have never had to come down to a last second field goal screw up by a center that was sitting in his couch one week before "forgot his name". Garcia and our horrendous defense and Shockey with his end zone drop is what killed us.

hungrrrry
01-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Can't waitThere are no players or coaching staff (that I know of) on this team now that was here then, but that was painful and would redeem the great G-men name!

Pakman
01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I remember that year so well. I think that was the year Shockey won the game after catching the ball on Brian Dawkins..talking trash to him after what Dawkins did to Ike Hilliard.

I'll never forget that loss...NEVER

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 04:20 PM
If they got to play Baltimore in SB, they could erase most past playoff demons. Really, the only ones they haven't paid back when it matters are the Eagles and Panthers. Eagles have won a bunch of playoff games in recent history with no retribution. The Panthers had that blowout win after the Giants got in really banged up.
</P>

Yeah, I don't feel like it's payback for '03 (although I hated that game). Not to take anything away from the 49ers, but we blew that game. And poor Matt Bryant got run out of Giants-land because of it and it wasn't even his fault. Those Fassell years were so annoying.</P>

Payback? Nah. If anything, the 49ers should want payback for how we ended their dreams of a 3-peat twenty years ago -- in an NFC Championship game. Our last few loses to them in the playoffs were wildcard or divisional games.</P>

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 04:22 PM
This is the Giants biggest non-divisional rivalry, IMO. And if we win Sunday it will erase the biggest meltdown in Giants post-season history. Can't waitIt was the start of the refs screwing us. Even though it should have never come to that.</P>

+1,000,000,000 - IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME TO THAT. But alack and alas, that's how most of the Fassell years were. Such lost opportunities. The players should have been excited when TC became their coach.</P>

burier
01-17-2012, 04:24 PM
stings because we were all set to make a SB run. We were the best team in the NFC that year

GameTime
01-17-2012, 04:26 PM
This is the Giants biggest non-divisional rivalry, IMO. And if we win Sunday it will erase the biggest meltdown in Giants post-season history. Can't wait</P>

you cant erase history Bro....</P>

that game is done and over just like last year with Eagles game.</P>

its part of Giants history and it makes winning that much better...</P>

gmen46
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Can't waitThere are no players or coaching staff (that I know of) on this team now that was here then, but that was painful and would redeem the great G-men name!

Mike(?) Pope, the TE coach was there, but I believe he's the only one--player or coach--who remains from that debacle.