PDA

View Full Version : Brightest Spot Thus Far

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 01:49 PM
We are playing for the NFC champsionship, to make it to the Super Bowl.

Who was your brightest star this season?

I have to go with Cruz

1. Cruz
2. Eli/JPP

You know it's a problem when it's so hard to pick the brighest star.

IMO, it's Cruz.

With the loss of Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, I didn't think we had a good WR core at all. Yeah Cruz was questionable, everyone doubted him and with Nicks and Rio as our WRs, we all thought our 3rd receiver would probably be weak sauce, EITHER barden or Thomas. I doubted them hard, and I doubted Cruz myself.

Cruz has stepped up as a huge threat for this team this year and that's why I give him the star.

Having Cruz as a weapon like this is amazing.

Either Cruz or Nicks will have a big game, and to be honest, if Cruz didn't play this year and we had Nicks, Rio, and Thomas/Barden lining up, I don't think we would have gotten this far.

Also, thank you Steve Smith for giving this man an opportunity.

What are your bright stars of the year?

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
As far as players yes Cruz. Not tyring to be dramatic but my brightest star goes to TC and the entire staff for not letting this team fall apart. As usual, kudos to the Giants front office for not saying boo.

hellacheap
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
the star has been getting back to a somewhat healthy state....Eli Carried the team for most of the year but at the end with out front put back together we became alot better on D

so for me it goes to Eli and Health of the team

G-Man67
01-17-2012, 04:36 PM
we don't make the playoffs without Cruz and JPP and with JPP being a 1st rounder, Cruz becomes the bigger surprise

you could almost draw a parallel to Tuck and Smith in 2007 ... we would not have won without Tuck and Smith ... Smith's regular season was far different than Cruz, but it will be interesting to compare their post season stats ... Cruz had some big 3rd down conversions vs. GB

and finally, any thread talking about biggest, brightest, bestest ... well in a QB league .. .you have to talk about Eli as well

manning to shockey
01-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I expected Eli to have a good year and JPP was looking real good towards the end of last season so my biggest surprise has to go to CRUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZ!!!!!

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I think you have to split it between JPP and Cruz. We would not be here without either of those 2.

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 05:07 PM
I think you have to split it between JPP and Cruz. We would not be here without either of those 2.

True but in terms of Brightest Star/Biggest surprise, I think Cruz.

I kind of figured JPP would be sick this year, Cruz was a surprise, didn't even think he'd play

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
We are playing for the NFC champsionship, to make it to the Super Bowl. Who was your brightest star this season? I have to go with Cruz 1. Cruz 2. Eli/JPP You know it's a problem when it's so hard to pick the brighest star. IMO, it's Cruz. With the loss of Steve Smith and Kevin Boss, I didn't think we had a good WR core at all. Yeah Cruz was questionable, everyone doubted him and with Nicks and Rio as our WRs, we all thought our 3rd receiver would probably be weak sauce, EITHER barden or Thomas. I doubted them hard, and I doubted Cruz myself. Cruz has stepped up as a huge threat for this team this year and that's why I give him the star. Having Cruz as a weapon like this is amazing. Either Cruz or Nicks will have a big game, and to be honest, if Cruz didn't play this year and we had Nicks, Rio, and Thomas/Barden lining up, I don't think we would have gotten this far. Also, thank you Steve Smith for giving this man an opportunity. What are your bright stars of the year?</P>

Good question, but I got to go with Eli who I think is the league's MVP. Not to take anything away from Cruz, but Eli does a great job of helping develop the team's receivers. It's close though and I don't blame anyone for going with either Cruz or JPP.</P>