PDA

View Full Version : Great Question: If we do win the superbowl - do u think coughlin retires

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:15 PM
somebody just posed it to me in the thread i started and I have honestly no clue or opinion. I am stumped...

what does everybody else think

Giantz4Life
01-17-2012, 01:18 PM
I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.

stormblue
01-17-2012, 01:23 PM
i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 01:25 PM
I think it would be a strong possibility. What better way to end your coaching career by holding the Lombardi trophy.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:26 PM
i doubt that he would,but i would gladly accept his resignation and wish him well.

really?

U'd want him gone if we won the superbowl this yeaR?

bansaw
01-17-2012, 01:31 PM
nope

bansaw
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM

really?

if we won every year some tards would still want him gone

Giantsin04
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't think TC even considers retirement for another 5-8 years. The man is a football coach, this is what he does.

Also, this is no ordinary 65 year old man. The guy is Sharp as a tack and has more energy than probably half the players. I think Coughlin gets dragged out of the league kicking and screaming. But that won't be for several years.

Providence
01-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I could definitely see him wanting to go out on top...leaving a positive legacy in NY instead of leaving on a sour note.

With all the controversy about him "losing the team" all year, and his age considered... I think it would be quite fitting for Tom to hang his hat up if we won.

I hear where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, there wasn't a controversy about him losing the team. There were assumptions made by un-informed fans and 24 hour sports "analysts," but it never actually happened.

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM
He'll be gone IMO, and I'm okay with that, bring in fresh blood. He'd be well respected with 2 SBs here, what a heck of a ride of a season.

I like him, but if he comes back next year, and doesn't do so well, his picture might be tainted. I'm okay with him leaving

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
somebody just posed it to me in the thread i started and I have honestly no clue or opinion. I am stumped...

</P>

I think that was my posting it today -- I was wondering about that last night. I think TC will coach through one more contract, but he may want to go out with a victory. If so, Fewell would probably be the HC and I'm wondering if Spags would be willing to come back as DC and if Fewell the HC would even want to accept that situation (the comparisons, people calling for Spags to be HC). As far as I know, Spags hasn't signed with anyone yet.</P>

And no, I was a Fewell hater who ate his crow and now accepts him as our DC so I'm not looking for Spags to take his job anymore. But wondering if those scenarios could come to fruition. Maybe TC has already told the FO that he'd retire (I don't want him to) if they win this SB and maybe the FO spoke with Perry and Spags and that's why Spags is holding off on a decision.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
i am so on the fence about it.

Coughlin to me does seem like he is one of those guys that loves the grind of all of this. That he may be the kind of guy that would be dragged out kicking and screaming

But then also its like, at this age of his life if he took a ring, what more would he have prove? Would he still have the desire to keep going?

The Rolle comment made a few weeks ago too. It may of been nothing, but it was just weird for Rolle to say "we want Coughlin to go out the way he wants to"

I don't know, i am so baffled by what would happen. I would be surprised either way.

Regardless at this point I would welcome Coughliun back just fo rwhat hes accomplished this year. My personal goals for him to come back and it be justified has been hit: two playoff wins

byron
01-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I read something yesterday that eluded to maybe he would go out on top....but Idk...at this point I'm off him he has these boys playing hard which is getting wins ...somebody said something yesterday had me thinking it takes players awhile to warm up to him/buy in...I'm not talking a few days here I'm talking a couple years most cases....given all the new faces since the lastSB win ...could it be true ? Idk regardless there is no denying they are playing hard for him all game ...to be honest not sure how I would feel if he did...thats a big change in my additude ..lol

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 01:43 PM

I hear where you're coming from, but for what it's worth, there wasn't a controversy about him losing the team. There were assumptions made by un-informed fans and 24 hour sports "analysts," but it never actually happened.</P>

It's not a question of wanting TC back (because I and most of us do), but what if he decides to go out with a victory? I think he's got one more contract in him, but I still think it's a possibility. And once again, I don't want TC to go. I'd want him to defend the championship (I was upset in '08 when Strahan didn't).</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-17-2012, 01:43 PM
No way he retires.</P>

He has too much passion, the way he reacted to last season tells me he's in it for more than another championship.</P>

He'll keep coaching another 5 years.</P>

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 01:47 PM

Coughlin to me does seem like he is one of those guys that loves the grind of all of this. That he may be the kind of guy that would be dragged out kicking and screaming

But then also its like, at this age of his life if he took a ring, what more would he have prove? Would he still have the desire to keep going?

The Rolle comment made a few weeks ago too. It may of been nothing, but it was just weird for Rolle to say "we want Coughlin to go out the way he wants to"

I don't know, i am so baffled by what would happen. I would be surprised either way.

Regardless at this point I would welcome Coughliun back just fo rwhat hes accomplished this year. My personal goals for him to come back and it be justified has been hit: two playoff wins
</P>

Two playoff wins was my goals for Perry coming back, so welcome back Perry. I want TC back. This team is HIS team built in his image and buying into what HE sells. He's a young 65. He should come back for 3 more years and then he and his son-in-law Snee can retire together (hopefully Snee has at least 5 more years in him).</P>

Ruttiger711
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM

</P>

My gut says he goes out.. I'm pretty sure he's made a statement about wanting to see his grandchildren while they are still children...</P>

But mostly I think it will depend on what he sees happen to the team through the gutting of theplayers and possibley coaches to big money and the cap next year... if the team gets decimated it may make it an easy decision to walk out on top... if he looks and sees hes got the majority of the pieces in place for another run i think it will be tough for him to walk.</P>

The last thing i see it about with TC is ego. </P>

BornLegend
01-17-2012, 01:51 PM

</P>

I think that was my posting it today -- I was wondering about that last night.* I think TC will coach through one more contract, but he may want to go out with a victory.* If so, Fewell would probably be the HC and I'm wondering if Spags would be willing to come back as DC and if Fewell the HC would even want to accept that situation (the comparisons, people calling for Spags to be HC).* As far as I know, Spags hasn't signed with anyone yet.</P>

And no, I was a Fewell hater who ate his crow and now accepts him as our DC so I'm not looking for Spags to take his job anymore.* But wondering if those scenarios could come to fruition.* Maybe TC has already told the FO that he'd retire (I don't want him to) if they win this SB and maybe the FO spoke with Perry and Spags and that's why Spags is holding off on a decision.</P>Stop trying to take my credit JJC... I just asked MMB that question a few minutes ago... lol. I didn't have anything to back it because I have no clue myself but I agree with your post about Fewell and Spags. Besides that, what else will he have to prove? He's getting up there in age and when Jacobs hugged him on the sideline, he looked like he was either hinting at Jacobs that the game isn't over yet or he was trying to control the over excitement he was feeling at the time to keep his heart rate down.

stormblue
01-17-2012, 01:54 PM

really?

i am in many threads where i am outspoken about it.
i am (probably) the only one left on these forums that still wants a new direction around
here.
this late season and playoff run has turned everyone around from the head-hunting TC,
KG and PF haters.
i understand , but i'm not changing my mind,
i still think this team needs a different direction.
and , yes , i know you think i'm stupid , ******ed and have no football savvy and blah-blah......
don't waste your breath , i have already heard it on these boards 100 times before.
the closer we get to another ring.....the more the haters become lovers.
next November they will be the same people starting the hater threads.
at least i'm honest.....i didn't want him 8 years ago , and still don't.
SB rings don't change my opinion.
i truly believe that this team wins despite this staff, not because of it.
but that's just me, i think i'm the last hater.

burier
01-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Its a good question but the Answer is no.

What's better than winning A Superbowl?
(Which he's done)

What's better than winning 2 Superbowls? (Which he's about to do)

Answer: Winning back-to-back.

The urge to try to go back-to back will be too great.

lttaylor56
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
I missed Rolle's comment last week, interesting. The comment not considered, I think TC stays on even after a SB win. Keep Fewell, TC and staff consistent and go for a repeat performance in 2012 season.

Remember how dominant we were in 2008 after sb 42? The team was still a contender that year.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM

</p>

Two playoff wins was my goals for Perry coming back, so welcome back Perry. I want TC back. This team is HIS team built in his image and buying into what HE sells. He's a young 65. He should come back for 3 more years and then he and his son-in-law Snee can retire together (hopefully Snee has at least 5 more years in him).</p>

i dunno man, not sure im fully buying that 65 years young as some of u guys are trying to say. 65 is still ****in 65 lol ya know. Eventually you want to just relax. 2 Superbowls in 5 years - it would be hard to stay hungry I would think.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM

</p>

My gut says he goes out.. I'm pretty sure he's made a statement about wanting to see his grandchildren while they are still children...</p>

But mostly I think it will depend on what he sees happen to the team through the gutting of theplayers and possibley coaches to big money and the cap next year... if the team gets decimated it may make it an easy decision to walk out on top... if he looks and sees hes got the majority of the pieces in place for another run i think it will be tough for him to walk.</p>

The last thing i see it about with TC is ego. </p>

true

thats another thing. When u live this football life as a coach u really dont see your family.... he seems to be a guy all about togetherness and family, that may weigh in.

Well hopfully we'll be able to rehash this thread in 3 weeks

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 02:00 PM

really?

i am (probably) the only one left on these forums that still wants a new direction around
here.
this late season and playoff run has turned everyone around from the head-hunting TC,
KG and PF haters.
and , yes , i know you think i'm stupid , ******ed and have no football savvy and blah-blah......
don't waste your breath , i have already heard it on these boards 100 times before.

well I think we all at times this year thought TC had to go, especially if u factor in the past 3 years of 1 playoff appearance and it was a loss....

but if a SUPERBOWL WIN happens.. why would u want a new direction? 2 superbowls in 5 years is no joke. Why would u want a new a direction, i dont get it?

im just trying to figure out where ur coming from.

Ruttiger711
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Its a good question but the Answer is no. What's better than winning A Superbowl? (Which he's done) What's better than winning 2 Superbowls? (Which he's about to do) Answer: Winning back-to-back. <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>The urge to try to go back-to back will be too great</FONT>.</P>

I agree unless the team is dismantled.</P>

</P>

</P>

BornLegend
01-17-2012, 02:04 PM

really?

here.
KG and PF haters.
don't waste your breath , i heard on these boards 100 times before.
but that's just me, i think i'm the last hater.Rings don't mean nothing? That doesn't make any sense at all. If you have kids then you would know that if your kids start flunking in school, that you would most likely be hard on em. We see our favorite team struggling and as fans we're looking for answers because we wanna see results. Some views are over the top (I'm guilty of this) and some are more well thought out (I'm learning). To sit here and say we need a new direction is strange... we're 2 games away from being World Champs, the other direction is a couch, a bag of ice and a fishing pole. o_O

jimsgints
01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Don't think he's ready for the recliner just yet. I think he does another 3 years.

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 02:10 PM

really?

i am in many threads where i am outspoken about it. i am (probably) the only one left on these forums that still wants a new direction around here. this late season and playoff run has turned everyone around from the head-hunting TC, KG and PF haters. i understand , but i'm not changing my mind, i still think this team needs a different direction. and , yes , i know you think i'm stupid , ******ed and have no football savvy and blah-blah...... don't waste your breath , i have already heard it on these boards 100 times before. the closer we get to another ring.....the more the haters become lovers. next November they will be the same people starting the hater threads. at least i'm honest.....i didn't want him 8 years ago , and still don't. SB rings don't change my opinion. i truly believe that this team wins despite this staff, not because of it. but that's just me, i think i'm the last hater.

well I think we all at times this year thought TC had to go, especially if u factor in the past 3 years of 1 playoff appearance and it was a loss....

but if a SUPERBOWL WIN happens.. why would u want a new direction? <FONT size=5><FONT size=4>2</FONT><FONT size=4> superbowls in 5 years is no joke</FONT>.</FONT> Why would u want a new a direction, i dont get it?

</P>

Guess who also did that for the Giants, that's right the Big Tuna. He'd be right there with Parcells which is all I could have hoped for when they hired Coughlin and here we are so close to it. Time to bring it home baby!</P>

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think winning the championship will have a factor. He's a coach and he will continue to do so.

I'll stand pat by my prediction that he will stop coaching when he's on a stretcher [which I hope is decades from now]. Not necessarily the Giants, but some where.

stormblue
01-17-2012, 02:23 PM
ok guys , lets stop it right here.
this is not my thread....get back to the OP
and talk to him.
i think a better coach would have won back to back rings in '07 and '08. and right now be headed for a 3rd with the same talent.

Barry Switzer has a SB head coach's ring too.
i suppose that's who you want if and when TC retires.

what a bunch of bandwagon Hobbit maroons

Eli TO Shockey
01-17-2012, 02:24 PM

really?

here.
KG and PF haters.

this is THE most rediculous post I have ever seen. isnt the ultimate goal to WIN playoff games and superbowls? How are championships not good enough for you? TC is a top 5 HC in the nfl. but yea, i guess winning isnt good enough. Lets go in a different direction. im sure Rex Ryan will be fired soon. lol baffling.

TC will need to be dragged away from football. No way he leaves after this season, no matter what happens.

dezzzR
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM

Coughlin to me does seem like he is one of those guys that loves the grind of all of this.* That he may be the kind of guy that would be dragged out kicking and screaming

Good post. I think he would want to come back. Guy has a relentless personality. His attention to detail alone is enough to show anyone how much he loves coaching. Its in his blood. Hell be back imo.

Eli TO Shockey
01-17-2012, 02:27 PM
and talk to him.
i think a better coach would have won back to back rings in '07 and '08. and right now be headed for a 3rd with the same talent.

lol maroons who like to win superbowls. So who would you like TC to be replaced with? just curious

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 02:34 PM
ok guys , lets stop it right here. this is not my thread....get back to the OP and talk to him. i think a better coach would have won back to back rings in '07 and '08. and right now be headed for a 3rd with the same talent. Barry Switzer has a SB head coach's ring too. i suppose that's who you want if and when TC retires. what a bunch of bandwagon Hobbit maroons</P>

Come on. Losing Burress, one of the best WR's in the game at the time because he shot himself in the leg, was why they could not repeat. The Giants offense was not equipped to overcome that at the time. It wasn't like they had a Nicks, a Cruzor a ready Manningham to step in at the time. Hixon, Bossand an aged, banged up Toomer at WR gave you no chance in the 2008 version of the NFL no matter how good you can run the ball.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 02:35 PM
and talk to him.

yea but he inherited a team that won two superbowls

Thinking that we could have overcame the Plax thing in 08 is a valid reason, i'll at least give u that.

But I also think your being too tough... if we were to win this season i'm not sure too many guys could of kept this team and things going with the low points we had. So its give and take

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 02:38 PM
ok guys , lets stop it right here. this is not my thread....get back to the OP and talk to him. i think a better coach would have won back to back rings in '07 and '08. and right now be headed for a 3rd with the same talent. Barry Switzer has a SB head coach's ring too. i suppose that's who you want if and when TC retires. what a bunch of bandwagon Hobbit maroons

<U>Thinking that we could have overcame the Plax thing in 08 is a valid reason, i'll at least give u that.
</U>
But I also think your being too tough... if we were to win this season i'm not sure too many guys could of kept this team and things going with the low points we had. So its give and take
</P>

I don't know, Hixon, anaged and banged up Toomer, a clueless Manningham and Boss just isn't enough fire power to win in the 2008 version of the NFL no matter how great the running game was. Eaglesstifled all of that easily not once but twice.</P>

stormblue
01-17-2012, 02:42 PM
and talk to him.

lol* maroons who like to win superbowls.* So who would you like TC to be replaced with? just curious

to be perfectly honest , i would take any young and up-and-coming defensive oriented mastermind that's available.
don't wan't these old "1 for the gipper " re-runs.
i don't have any one specific in mind right now because i would be doing research and wasting my time and energy because TC ain't goin' anywhere......i know that.

but when the time comes i hope they seek a younger , defensive oriented guru.
not a 5' 9" wide receiver coach.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I hope he coaches the Giants till he dies. I love Coughlin.

NYG4Life10
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM
If he does Retires

Who replaces him?
Fewell? Cowher?

GMENAGAIN
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM

really?

i am in many threads where i am outspoken about it. i am (probably) the only one left on these forums that still wants a new direction around here. this late season and playoff run has turned everyone around from the head-hunting TC, KG and PF haters. i understand , but i'm not changing my mind, i still think this team needs a different direction. and , yes , i know you think i'm stupid , ******ed and have no football savvy and blah-blah...... don't waste your breath , i have already heard it on these boards 100 times before. the closer we get to another ring.....the more the haters become lovers. next November they will be the same people starting the hater threads. at least i'm honest.....i didn't want him 8 years ago , and still don't. SB rings don't change my opinion. i truly believe that this team wins despite this staff, not because of it. but that's just me, i think i'm the last hater.

but if a SUPERBOWL WIN happens.. why would u want a new direction? 2 superbowls in 5 years is no joke. Why would u want a new a direction, i dont get it?

</P>

Dude -- I'll save you some time and aggravation . . . . stormblue is a total nut. He thinks he is the Wizard of Oz . . . . . hence his theory that TC should be fired even if we win a SB . . . . . </P>

</P>

stormblue
01-17-2012, 02:51 PM
and talk to him.

Thinking that we could have overcame the Plax* thing in 08 is a valid reason,** i'll at least give u that.

my gripe has been his ineptitude on defense.
he is at the mercy of the DC because he is a wide-receiver/OC assistant coach.
i want a defensive oriented head coach.
we are BIG BLUE , the NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.......smash mouth and defense.
that's the different direction i'm looking for....
DEFENSE.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM

</P>

I think that was my posting it today -- I was wondering about that last night. I think TC will coach through one more contract, but he may want to go out with a victory. If so, Fewell would probably be the HC and I'm wondering if Spags would be willing to come back as DC and if Fewell the HC would even want to accept that situation (the comparisons, people calling for Spags to be HC). As far as I know, Spags hasn't signed with anyone yet.</P>

And no, I was a Fewell hater who ate his crow and now accepts him as our DC so I'm not looking for Spags to take his job anymore. But wondering if those scenarios could come to fruition. Maybe TC has already told the FO that he'd retire (I don't want him to) if they win this SB and maybe the FO spoke with Perry and Spags and that's why Spags is holding off on a decision.</P>

Stop trying to take my credit JJC... I just asked MMB that question a few minutes ago... lol. I didn't have anything to back it because I have no clue myself but I agree with your post about Fewell and Spags. Besides that, what else will he have to prove? He's getting up there in age and when Jacobs hugged him on the sideline, he looked like he was either hinting at Jacobs that the game isn't over yet or he was trying to control the over excitement he was feeling at the time to keep his heart rate down.</P>

I got all the good ideas. ;)</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 02:53 PM
If he does Retires

Who replaces him?
Fewell? Cowher?
I wouldn't mind have Hue Jackson on the coaching staff.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
ok guys , lets stop it right here. this is not my thread....get back to the OP and talk to him. i think a better coach would have won back to back rings in '07 and '08. and right now be headed for a 3rd with the same talent. Barry Switzer has a SB head coach's ring too. i suppose that's who you want if and when TC retires. what a bunch of bandwagon Hobbit maroons

<u>Thinking that we could have overcame the Plax thing in 08 is a valid reason, i'll at least give u that.
</u>
</p>

I don't know, Hixon, anaged and banged up Toomer, a clueless Manningham and Boss just isn't enough fire power to win in the 2008 version of the NFL no matter how great the running game was. Eaglesstifled all of that easily not once but twice.</p>

well i do agree that I think we were the best team in football 08 pre-plax stuff...

and while it would hard to overcome to shut down the way we did was pretty hard to understand. I don't agree with him, but I mean at least he has something debatable to support his theory about 08

So if u believe 08 and then u follow up with 09 and 2010 not making the playoffs, u could make the argument that we could of maybe did something better last year or that this year would be a make up year for 08.

Just saying, that i could understand his way of thinking but I just don't agree with it.

MattMeyerBud
01-17-2012, 03:00 PM

</p>

I think that was my posting it today -- I was wondering about that last night. I think TC will coach through one more contract, but he may want to go out with a victory. If so, Fewell would probably be the HC and I'm wondering if Spags would be willing to come back as DC and if Fewell the HC would even want to accept that situation (the comparisons, people calling for Spags to be HC). As far as I know, Spags hasn't signed with anyone yet.</p>

And no, I was a Fewell hater who ate his crow and now accepts him as our DC so I'm not looking for Spags to take his job anymore. But wondering if those scenarios could come to fruition. Maybe TC has already told the FO that he'd retire (I don't want him to) if they win this SB and maybe the FO spoke with Perry and Spags and that's why Spags is holding off on a decision.</p>

Stop trying to take my credit JJC... I just asked MMB that question a few minutes ago... lol. I didn't have anything to back it because I have no clue myself but I agree with your post about Fewell and Spags. Besides that, what else will he have to prove? He's getting up there in age and when Jacobs hugged him on the sideline, he looked like he was either hinting at Jacobs that the game isn't over yet or he was trying to control the over excitement he was feeling at the time to keep his heart rate down.</p>

I got all the good ideas. ;)</p>

i actually did get this from bornlegend lol

blueomaha
01-17-2012, 03:06 PM
i want him to stay until he's ready to go....

repeatchamps
01-17-2012, 03:09 PM

<U>Thinking that we could have overcame the Plax thing in 08 is a valid reason, i'll at least give u that.
</U>
</P>

I don't know, Hixon, anaged and banged up Toomer, a clueless Manningham and Boss just isn't enough fire power to win in the 2008 version of the NFL no matter how great the running game was. Eaglesstifled all of that easily not once but twice.</P>

well i do agree that I think we were the best team in football 08 pre-plax stuff...

and while it would hard to overcome to shut down the way we did was pretty hard to understand. I don't agree with him, but I mean at least he has something debatable to support his theory about 08

So if u believe 08 and then u follow up with 09 and 2010 not making the playoffs, u could make the argument that we could of maybe did something better last year or that this year would be a make up year for 08.

Just saying, that i could understand his way of thinking but I just don't agree with it.
</P>

Fair enough I suppose. I also think there was more to it as well. The depth on the d-line was lacking that year without Strahan and Osi on IR(Tuck was exhausted late in the season)and Danny Clark just was not as good as Mitchell and Pierce was clearly declining. I also think the o-line wore down towards the end of the year. They were terrible againstPhilly at Giants stadium in the regular season and beyond hideous against Dallas in Dallas where they were severely banged up. And for sure Eli wasn't this year'sversion of Eli either.</P>

Kruunch
01-17-2012, 03:10 PM

I was just talking about this the other day with a buddy of mine and we were of the opinion that TC will be one of those "have to die to leave" types.

I don't see TC being the retiring type, not the kind to leave on a high note. I perceive him more like the Landry type (hopefully not ousted as unceremoniously).

G-Man67
01-17-2012, 03:10 PM
i don't think so, it's so hard to mold a winning team ... i think he would relish the challenge of winning back to back

stormblue
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM

really?

</P>

Dude -- I'll save you some time and aggravation . . . . stormblue is a total nut.* He thinks he is the Wizard of Oz . . . . . hence his theory that TC should be fired even if we win a SB . . . . . </P>

*</P>

c'mon GMENAGAIN,

you know damn well i'm not really insane, i just think that everyone around here thinks that some of my opinions are idiotic and think my credibility is on par with the Wizard .

but then again ; intelligent minds do think alike.

trophy or no trophy.......

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 03:31 PM
no I think he loves the game too much.

Cosmiknight
01-17-2012, 03:52 PM
The man is going to die with a clipboard in his hand.

NYfanatic
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
I would love to get a Assistant Head Coach to help right this team in the regular season till Tom retires.
Coughlin seems to be a great postseason coach. But a average regular season one. Cant compete for championships when you are at home 09 &amp; 10.
I have always wanted the Giants to join the ranks of the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Colts (Somewhat Saints, Packers, Eagles) as the current teams who consistantly win 10+ games and dont give their fans heart attacks every game. But usually might take the rare year off from the playoffs but come back strong next year (Eagles)
Also making the playoffs every year for a few years is nice (Decade for pats).. not having to worry about a spot as late as week 17 isnt good for my health. Plus cant let letdowns like the Miracle in the meadowlands happen. Coughlin could of went 11-5 in 2010 and got a playoff appearance at least if some guy like a assistant took charge and actully tried finishing the game.... Could of won the superbowl or lost in the 1st round to the packers...who knows..
But maybe Spags could be that guy next year or a young gun somewhere...

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
yes i do

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Loving football or not, if he won another super bowl here, the guy is a legend of the New York giants

2 SBs in 5 years - give the guy a rest, as much as I'd love him here again it's time to move on, for Tom and the rest of the casual fan who don't know jack **** about this team's sake.

Think about it, another year here, another year of possible chance of failure. Even if we get into the playoffs and 1 and done it, many fans in New York who aren't like US (Those who follow the giants A LOT) are just going to think of Tom as not that great of a coach.

For 2 years he's been on the hot seat, even this season he was on the "hot seat" (I quote because people may think he was) so if he wins another SB let the guy live in glory - the man who won us 2 SBs in 5 years.

That's a difficult task

Zaggs
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
If they win the Superbowl I think Eli should retire and become the Colts QB coach. "See Peyton, this is how its done if you want to win multiple championships."

GOBIGBLUE52
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
I have always wanted the Giants to join the ranks of the Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Colts (Somewhat Saints, Packers, Eagles) as the current teams who consistantly win 10+ games and dont give their fans heart attacks every game. But usually might take the rare year off from the playoffs but come back strong next year (Eagles)

Not for nothing, but I really do think we ARE in those ranks. Number one, the patriots and steelers are by themselves, it is VERY HARD to do what they do in today's NFL. The Ravens aren't in it that much more than us, they've had some bad non playoff years too. And who knows what'll happen with the Colts.

chasjay
01-17-2012, 05:09 PM

Obviously, none of us know - but I feel sure he wouldn't retire if the man he'd like to see replace him as HC were not available. Who knows if that person will be available come mid-February? If we take the SB, he'll probably have the clout with management to have a big say on his replacement.

GMENAGAIN
01-17-2012, 05:14 PM

really?

</P>

Dude -- I'll save you some time and aggravation . . . . stormblue is a total nut. He thinks he is the Wizard of Oz . . . . . hence his theory that TC should be fired even if we win a SB . . . . . </P>

</P>

c'mon GMENAGAIN, you know damn well i'm not really insane, i just think that everyone around here thinks that some of my opinions are idiotic and think my credibility is on par with the Wizard . but then again ; intelligent minds do think alike. trophy or no trophy.......</P>

C'mon now storm . . . admit it . . . . you're a little nutty, right?</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 05:39 PM
The man is going to die with a clipboard in his hand.

Yes he will. He wasn't named Tom Coughlin for no reason. His intitials stand for The Coach.