PDA

View Full Version : Props to Rolle - He's been an unsung hero

TrueBlue@NYC
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
I know Rolle has had his ups and downs in his time here, but I just think he needs some love for what he's done for the team this year. </P>

With the CB situation he's been playing out of position the entire year, and is still playing out of position as our nickle corner and has been doing a heck of a job. </P>

His ability to provide adequate coverage on the other teams' slot WR while providing the physicality of having a safety in the box on our nickle packages during the run has really provided the defense with alot of flexibility. It really can't be understated. </P>

NJ10
01-17-2012, 02:52 PM
I love Rolle he plays with a lot of heart and passion. People act like he is a bum, I dont get it. Sure he is a little bit over paid, but I like what he brings to the table.

JPP
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
He has made some great huge play saving tackles during the playoffs in the run game and on some of those short to intermediate routes when it looks like the guy has open field to run.

ErnieReese
01-17-2012, 03:54 PM
I love Rolle he plays with a lot of heart and passion. People act like he is a bum, I dont get it. Sure he is a little bit over paid, but I like what he brings to the table.

But do you think his up-and-downs had to do with possibly playing out of position at times and because the communication on the field wasn't as clear as it would have been if Goff hadn't gone down?

I think a lot of guys had to do more than they were accustomed to because of injuries, and that may have been the reason for "poor" play.
Of course, that isn't to say I think Rolle is one of the great safeties, but I always thought he was a very good one.

Maybe I am making excuses for him, but I felt like in his first year with the Giants he butted heads with Coughlin and it took a while for him to embrace Coughlin's way. This year, I feel like he's been asked to play in various positions he might not have been accustomed to because of what I mentioned previously.

But, who knows? He's definitely paid a lot.

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 03:59 PM
The last 4 games Rolle has played well,he needs to just keep making plays!!!