PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

britishblue2
09-10-2011, 12:32 PM
This thread is in memory to all those who lost thier lives on that fatefull day a little under 10 years ago and their families who live with their losses to this very day wherever you may be in the world.

I would like to say a big prayer for all the allied forces who continue the struggle aginst this evil to this very day.

To all New Yorkers and people from Washington who read this, my heart goes out to you all.

I visited Ground Zero in 2004 and was deeply moved by the loss of life and the immense scale of what happened, moreover, the determenation, character, tougness and ultimatlly the adaptability and community spirit of the people of america in such adveristy shone thru in those dark days and continues to this very day.

My Prayers go out to each and every one affected

ny06
09-10-2011, 12:37 PM
9/11 will always be in my heart. </P>

Was a broker in Long Island, NY at the time of the attacks. Never forget the feeling I had when I saw the towers hit on t.v </P>

I Knew people in those towers, just a thought that is burned into my memory. </P>

You may knock us down, but we will get up...</P>

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m--nmvS-kj0/Tb924RraXLI/AAAAAAAAAMc/O3HNy-5M7jE/s200/iwo-9-11-final.jpg (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m--nmvS-kj0/Tb924RraXLI/AAAAAAAAAMc/O3HNy-5M7jE/s1600/iwo-9-11-final.jpg)</P>

bansaw
09-10-2011, 12:40 PM
got to stop and look at Ground Zero while in NY for a Giants game

must have been absolutely terrifying

I'll send some prayers for all our Canadian troops in Afghanistan fighting the War on Terror since most of the prayers will go to the US servicemen

but saw last night they still haven't fixed the radio problems that FDNY could not hear NYPD radio calls to evacuate ... 10 years ... seems the Republicans don't think they should just give that block of airwaves away for free .... lolAmerica at times

but they really dropped the ball not inviting FDNY to the 10th anniversary ... worst thing I've ever heard ... 343 men ... RIP you brave souls

GameTime
09-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Atrocities happen all over the world every day. 9/11/01 was the day for the USA. Its a memory that will always be there. I send prayers to all as well.</P>

Some one mentioned the "truthers" and hoping this doesn't get political. Well in the end it doesn't matter why it happened, who did it, who knew about it, and what was done before or after the event.</P>

It DID happen and people died. Nothing will change that fact. </P>

egyptian420
09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Atrocities happen all over the world every day. 9/11/01 was the day for the USA. Its a memory that will always be there. I send prayers to all as well.</p>

Some one mentioned the "truthers" and hoping this doesn't get political. Well in the end it doesn't matter why it happened, who did it, who knew about it, and what was done before or after the event.</p>

It DID happen and people died. Nothing will change that fact. </p>
+1

Die-Hard
09-10-2011, 12:52 PM
This thread can stay, <font size="4"><u>as long as it does not get political</u></font>

Anyone who derails by bringing in propaganda, or their own political theories of any kind, will be going away for 2 weeks, and with no further warning.

Just putting it out there. Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.

bansaw
09-10-2011, 01:00 PM
This thread can stay, <font size="4"><u>as long as it does not get political</u></font>

Anyone who derails by bringing in propaganda, or their own political theories of any kind, will be going away for 2 weeks, and with no further warning.

Just putting it out there. Didn't mean to disrupt the thread.
BUT WHERES THE WRECKAGE IN SHANKSVILLE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

lol just stirring the pot...I'll take the 2 weeks if necessary

giantsfan420
09-10-2011, 01:00 PM
yeah i literally live on the skyline and witnessed everything go down. truly an awful day regardless of who did it.

one thing or two i wish would be diff bout the ceremony sunday, one, the nyfd should be invited how r they not?
and i also believe that first responders and families of victaims arent invited and maybe even not allowed on sight?

SweetZombieJesus
09-10-2011, 01:33 PM
A buddy of mine who is a salesman was supposed to be doing a pitch at 9 a.m. at Windows on the World (a restaurant near the top floors) that morning. They called the night before to postpone.

I was working on the 8th floor of a building in Iselin, NJ at a desk by the windows. On a clear day you could make out the entire skyline; on cloudy days just the silhouettes of the twin towers and Empire State.

That was a very clear, crisp day. I just happened to go in early in my convertible with the top down. Not a cloud in the sky.

2nd guy comes in the office and shortly thereafter we hear a plane hit the TC. The internet slowed to a crawl as everybody was trying to get information. I remember being able to get a fuzzy picture off msnbc.com and we turned on the AM radio. Everybody thought a small commuter plane hit, but it didn't make sense since it was a crystal clear day. (A warplane did hit the Empire State during WW II in heavy fog).

When the 2nd plane hit and then Washington was hit, all hell was breaking loose. We had WINS on which is one of the more reputable news stations and they had reports of more planes, bombs on the steps of city hall, 7 planes missing, hijackings on the tarmac in Washington, etc.

Nobody ever thought the buildings could come down. Nobody.

I remember being on the roof when the first tower collapsed, and seeing the one remaining tower amid the huge ash cloud. Saw it with my own eyes. Shortly after I left the roof the 2nd tower collapsed.

Our IT guy is an EMT and his brother is a full time EMT and immediately went in. Some of the things he told me I will not repeat. But I will say something many don't know, our beloved Giants Stadium was used as a morgue.

I go into Manhattan a few times a year and it sickens me how long ground zero has remained a hole in the ground. IMO we should have rebuilt the towers as they were but with improvements and make 3 of them instead of 2. IMO it's cowardly that the new "freedom tower" is going to be nearly empty on the top half.

SweetZombieJesus
09-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I'll send some prayers for all our Canadian troops in Afghanistan fighting the War on Terror since most of the prayers will go to the US servicemen

Sometimes we forget but everyone who fights with us. The Brits, Canadians, and Aussies are our staunchest allies and we thank them.

SweetZombieJesus
09-10-2011, 01:40 PM
yeah i literally live on the skyline and witnessed everything go down. truly an awful day regardless of who did it.

one thing or two i wish would be diff bout the ceremony sunday, one, the nyfd should be invited how r they not?
and i also believe that first responders and families of victaims arent invited and maybe even not allowed on sight?

I'm under the impression the big ceremony will be in Washington, but hopefully the Jets step up and honor our guys before their game.

YATittle1962
09-10-2011, 01:40 PM
to my friends lost

to anyone who lost a family member or friend on that fateful day

and all those still with us who were responders or general public lending a hand on the scene

all my thoughts prayers and love

perspective friends....... perspective

we will never forget.......and will always stand strong

enjoy football tomorrow my Giants MB family

egyptian420
09-10-2011, 02:42 PM
to my friends lost

and all those still with us who were responders or general public lending a hand on the scene

Well put....tomorrow we put aside all of our differences for that one moment of remembrance and sympathy. Giants, Redskins, Jets....we're all on this one together.

Denaliman316
09-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Nice post BritishBlue.

Amazing it's been ten years. I always remember that day I was in college and going to class. I got their early so I went up to the cafeteria to meet some friends and they had it on the TVs and everyone was gathering around just watching in disbelief. After 20 minutes in class security came and sent us home.

I had a friend who was in tower 2 when 1 got hit but he got out fortunately. I will never ever forget the images of that day and thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their friends and family, our troops, and everyone involved.

ShakeNBake
09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Thoughts go out to family and friends who were taken on this day-along with everyone else who still suffers from the after effects of the attacks. We will never forget 9-11-01

RoanokeFan
09-10-2011, 03:23 PM
An Irish Blessing to those innocents lost and those left behind:

May the Road Rise to Meet Them,
May the Wind be Always at Their Back.
May the Sun Shine Gently Upon Their Face,
May the Rains Fall Gently Upon Their Fields.
And, Until We Meet Again,
May God Hold Them in the Palm of His Hand.

<font color="#0000FF" size="6">G<font color="#FF0000">O</font>D <font color="#FF0000">B</font>L<font color="#FF0000">E</font>S<font color="#FF0000">S</font> A<font color="#FF0000">M</font>E<font color="#FF0000">R</font>I<font color="#FF0000">C</font>A<font color="#FF0000">!</font></font>

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJd4DFBc94BIJTx6G7gpMLRrKI8uP86 p4L43W2e69ffYUBAp3yQg

RoanokeFan
09-10-2011, 03:29 PM
This thread is in memory to all those who lost thier lives on that fatefull day a little under 10 years ago and their families who live with their losses to this very day wherever you may be in the world.

I would like to say a big prayer for all the allied forces who continue the struggle aginst this evil to this very day.

To all New Yorkers and people from Washington who read this, my heart goes out to you all.

I visited Ground Zero in 2004 and was deeply moved by the loss of life and the immense scale of what happened, moreover, the determenation, character, tougness and ultimatlly the adaptability and community spirit of the people of america in such adveristy shone thru in those dark days and continues to this very day.

I will never forget the Changing of the Guard in London the following morning when they played the National Anthem of the United State of America i n place of God Save the Queen. Never before or after but so poignant then, and still. I raise my glass to our friends in the United Kingdom.

Truly a tragedy shared.

GiantWarfare
09-10-2011, 03:32 PM
http://newtlivesayknives.com/LOGO-USA-9-11%20flag.jpeg

http://namtiti.free.fr/ecusson%20usa/new%20york/1NYC%20FDNY%20NYPD%20PAPD%20Fallen%20Heroes.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5439334_f496.jpg

http://www.crossfitftw.com/freedomisntfree.PNG

GiantWarfare
09-10-2011, 03:34 PM

I will never forget the Changing of the Guard in London the following morning when they played the National Anthem of the United State of America i n place of God Save the Queen. Never before or after but so poignant then, and still. I raise my glass to our friends in the United Kingdom.

Truly a tragedy shared.

+1

I remember seeing that...it truly was heartfelt...

Giantz4Life
09-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Tomorrow is a bitter sweet day as we get to enjoy our first Giants game of the season, but we also remember a horrific event in American history and the people who were lost that day.

I remember it was one of my first days as a freshman in high school and we were filling out forms when the principal announced it over the PA system. A girl in my homeroom ran out in tears because both of her parents worked in the WTC. I'll never forget the realness of it all.

For some reason we couldn't watch the coverage in school so me and my friends cut the second half of the day so we could go watch it.

Never Forget. 9/11/01

britishblue2
09-10-2011, 03:53 PM

I will never forget the Changing of the Guard in London the following morning when they played the National Anthem of the United State of America i n place of God Save the Queen.* Never before or after but so poignant then, and still.* I raise my glass to our friends in the United Kingdom.
Truly a tragedy shared.
We as a nation will always stand by youre side. The Queen and our nation broke tradition that day in honour of everyone involved.

Lest we not forgot the fallen

BigBlue1971
09-10-2011, 04:26 PM
<DIV id=post_message_1449423>i would like to add my condolences to all the ones posted prior. our prayers are with any who lost friends or loved ones in this tragedy. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I will never forget - so many horror stories, so many heroes. I can't get over it and I can't forget it cuz it was my home </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>New Yorkers showed their strength and fortitude on that day, and they have my respect.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>God bless all involved!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/f/flag_usa.gif http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/f/flag_usa.gif http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/f/flag_usa.gif http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/f/flag_usa.gif http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/f/flag_usa.gif </DIV>

Mod_N
09-10-2011, 04:31 PM
I was a sophomore in high school when it happened. Before our scrimmage yesterday, one of our kids said "I don't even remember it, I was only six years old." I just told him to be thankful for what he has.

What an surreal time.

JMFP2
09-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Never forget.</P>

May God bless all those who losts their lives, their families, and their loved ones.</P>

And a big thank you to the first responders, and all those who serve and protect this country.</P>

And of course, a huge thank you for the British, Aussies, Canadians, French, Germans, and all our allies for coming to our aid during that tragedy. I'll never forget that, either.</P>

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2011, 05:22 PM
to my friends lost

[B]

You too brother

RoanokeFan
09-10-2011, 05:40 PM
to my friends lost

The ties that bind us are always stronger than those that divide us. [B]

giantsd fan
09-10-2011, 06:12 PM
+1</P>

bigblue5611
09-10-2011, 09:31 PM

I will never forget the Changing of the Guard in London the following morning when they played the National Anthem of the United State of America i n place of God Save the Queen.* Never before or after but so poignant then, and still.* I raise my glass to our friends in the United Kingdom.
Truly a tragedy shared.

RF-I believe we were both in Wembley for that Dolphins game....actually, my best memory of that game is colour guards from both US & UK coming out, and then the playing of the National Anthem and then God Save the Queen before the "match"..

PS-folks, trust me when i tell you the Brits SING, and I mean SING, "God Save the Queen" at a stadium event....not the half-hearted mumbling we typically get over here...

kakesem
09-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Amen

Doctor Welby
09-10-2011, 10:39 PM
On 9/11/01 my brother in law Vinny was a lieutenant in the NYFD. He was off that morning but most assuredly would have been in one of the towers if he was on duty. We could not get in touch with him all day long as well as the following people in my family who all worked in lower Manhattan...my other bro in law Billy, my father, my stepmother, my cousin Rocco and my cousin Janet who witnessed first hand from the Amex building people jumping to their death from the WTC. The stories of Vinny working tirelessly at recovery at Ground Zero and the countless funerals he would attend would culminate into an extremely emotional moment for me at Giants Stadium in October. At the first home game after 9/11 the Giants were having a special memorial for 9/11 workers and asked all firemen, police and transit cops to dress in their dress uniforms.

Vinny wore his lieutenants outfit to the game and EVERYONE in the parking lot was coming up to him and thanking him for everything he and the NYFD had done. That walk with Vinny through the lot of Giants stadium was filled with tears of both sorrow and joy. Easily the most emotional experience I have ever encountered.

Thanks again Vin. Love ya.

Roosevelt
09-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Because of my wife, I happen to know one of the survivors that was trapped in the rubble for hours that day. He is Port Authority Policemen Will Jimeno. There was a movie made based on his rescue years ago by Oliver Stone.

I don't want to diminish in any way what this man went through, but in the end his story is one of the very few positive things that happened during that tragic event.

On the lighter side, Will gave a motivational speech to the Giants prior to their game with the Titans last year. Of course we went on to lose 29-10 so we can all blame Will for that! [;)]

May all the families &amp; friends who lost loved ones find some degree of solace tomorrow.

byron
09-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Amen Rosey

CDN_G-FAN
09-10-2011, 11:48 PM
to all our american friends and neighbours, and to all innocent families who have lost loved ones because of cowardly vengence,

politics gets too involved in this topic nowadays.

but in the end, thousands of simple families, just trying to get through this life were dealt a horrible and un-healable blow 10 years ago.

my thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who continue to mourn what you lost that day.

i can't imagine the pain this anniversary brings.

God bless your families, and God bless the United States.

Bil

BurnerNYG
09-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Definitely a tough day for my wife and her family who happened to have a cousin who worked in the WTC. She came to visit us 2 weeks prior to this horrific day and that was the last we seen of her.

God bless to all of the innocent people, families, friends & love ones who lives were lost. Sometimes we tend to believe that certain things doesn't or can't happen to ourselves and til this day, I still can't believe we lost someone that was so close to our family to terrorism.

RIP Farrah Juedy and everybody else who lives were lost.

BurnerNYG
09-11-2011, 12:00 AM
Definitely a tough day for my wife and her family who happened to have a cousin who worked in the WTC. She came to visit us 2 weeks prior to this horrific day and that was the last we seen of her.

God bless to all of the innocent people, families, friends & love ones who lives were lost. Sometimes we tend to believe that certain things doesn't or can't happen to ourselves and til this day, I still can't believe we lost someone that was so close to our family to terrorism.

RIP Farrah Juedy and everybody else who lives were lost.

RoanokeFan
09-11-2011, 04:31 AM
On 9/11/01 my brother in law Vinny was a lieutenant in the NYFD. He was off that morning but most assuredly would have been in one of the towers if he was on duty. We could not get in touch with him all day long as well as the following people in my family who all worked in lower Manhattan...my other bro in law Billy, my father, my stepmother, my cousin Rocco and my cousin Janet who witnessed first hand from the Amex building people jumping to their death from the WTC. The stories of Vinny working tirelessly at recovery at Ground Zero and the countless funerals he would attend would culminate into an extremely emotional moment for me at Giants Stadium in October. At the first home game after 9/11 the Giants were having a special memorial for 9/11 workers and asked all firemen, police and transit cops to dress in their dress uniforms.

Vinny wore his lieutenants outfit to the game and EVERYONE in the parking lot was coming up to him and thanking him for everything he and the NYFD had done. That walk with Vinny through the lot of Giants stadium was filled with tears of both sorrow and joy. Easily the most emotional experience I have ever encountered.

Thanks again Vin. Love ya.

Thanks, Vinny

scoopscj
09-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Heading to DC for the game. Leaving now. Just wanted to say, in all seriousness, I'm a little apprehensive about heading into DC on 9/11. If my ticket gets punched, it's been a great ride.

Stay safe everyone.

Scoops... OUT.

TheAngryTuna
09-11-2011, 07:52 AM
I was on Long Island sitting in my junior year Theology class (went to St. Anthony's HS) when we heard about it. The closest I got to it was seeing the smoke plume while riding my bus home on the LIE.

9/11 changed my life forever, it's a big reason why I enlisted, I will never forget that day.

Denaliman316
09-11-2011, 08:43 AM
I was on Long Island sitting in my junior year Theology class (went to St. Anthony's HS) when we heard about it. The closest I got to it was seeing the smoke plume while riding my bus home on the LIE.

9/11 changed my life forever, it's a big reason why I enlisted, I will never forget that day.

Thanks for your service man. Thanks to everyone on here and all over who served and continues to serve.

nycsportzfan
09-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Prayers out to all families directly effected by the attacks.. We will never forget you!

Wes
09-11-2011, 09:31 AM
I was not in NY, but I was serving in the U.S. Marine Corps during the time of 9/11. I was still very young in my career as a Marine. I still remember it clearly, we had just finished up doing out PT and as we were coming back into the office everyone was in one room gathered around a TV. We had no idea at the time what had happened. We stopped and just stood there, all of our hearts sunk at once, some burst into tears. Even though we were Marines stationed in NC, some of them were from NY. It was an awful feeling. We had a wonderful day and a great PT session. To just walk into that scene, unexpected, to sink so fast, I will never forget that moment.</P>

</P>

I am no longer serving, but I will always be a U.S. Marine and I will always remember that day.</P>

I was honorably discharged and decided to take a different path in life due to family, I do still serve my country though, I now work for the Dept of Justice.</P>

Wes
09-11-2011, 09:34 AM
On 9/11/01 my brother in law Vinny was a lieutenant in the NYFD. He was off that morning but most assuredly would have been in one of the towers if he was on duty. We could not get in touch with him all day long as well as the following people in my family who all worked in lower Manhattan...my other bro in law Billy, my father, my stepmother, my cousin Rocco and my cousin Janet who witnessed first hand from the Amex building people jumping to their death from the WTC. The stories of Vinny working tirelessly at recovery at Ground Zero and the countless funerals he would attend would culminate into an extremely emotional moment for me at Giants Stadium in October. At the first home game after 9/11 the Giants were having a special memorial for 9/11 workers and asked all firemen, police and transit cops to dress in their dress uniforms. Vinny wore his lieutenants outfit to the game and EVERYONE in the parking lot was coming up to him and thanking him for everything he and the NYFD had done. That walk with Vinny through the lot of Giants stadium was filled with tears of both sorrow and joy. Easily the most emotional experience I have ever encountered. Thanks again Vin. Love ya.

Thanks, Vinny
</P>

</P>

Indeed, TY Vinny</P>

jimsgints
09-11-2011, 10:37 AM
AMEN..

BParcells777
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow Paul Simon was phenomenal.......very tasteful

Mod_C
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Truly a tragedy shared.

RF-I believe we were both in Wembley for that Dolphins game....actually, my best memory of that game is colour guards from both US &amp; UK coming out, and then the playing of the National Anthem and then God Save the Queen before the "match"..

PS-folks, trust me when i tell you the Brits SING, and I mean SING, "God Save the Queen" at a stadium event....not the half-hearted mumbling we typically get over here...

How right you are. I was struck by how reverent they are when God Save the Queen is played/sung.

BK07071
09-11-2011, 10:50 AM
to my friends lost

Your words are greatly appreciated my friends.........God bless all of you.

Wes
09-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Proud to be an American! And PROUD to be a Big Blue Fan! We thrive on adversity!