PDA

View Full Version : My prediction for Elis stats this year (2011)

DragonSoul
09-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Yards - 4200, YPA - 7.7, TD - 34, Int - 13, Comp % = 64%, QB Rating (which i hate) - 95%

If Eli again improves as I see him doing year in and year out, I can see these numbers being right around where he will hit it.

Only side bar is... The Wrs have to do their job, and not keep dropping/tipping the ball or running the wrong routes. Obviously all wrs may do these at times and thats art of the game and are inc. in these numbers, I am talking to how bad it was last year. do not care how good of a QB you are, if your guys cant do their jobs, then you cannot do yours.

GL Eli & the Giants...

BigBlue1971
09-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Yards - 4200, YPA - 7.7, TD - 34, Int - 13, Comp % = 64%, QB Rating (which i hate) - 95%

If Eli again improves as I see him doing year in and year out, I can see these numbers being right around where he will hit it.

Only side bar is... The Wrs have to do their job, and not keep dropping/tipping the ball or running the wrong routes. Obviously all wrs may do these at times and thats art of the game and are inc. in these numbers, I am talking to how bad it was last year. do not care how good of a QB you are, if your guys cant do their jobs, then you cannot do yours.

GL Eli & the Giants...
</P>

</P>

those stats equate to bout 26-27 points per game which should put us at about 12 wins.</P>

i'll take it!</P>

Morehead State
09-10-2011, 06:13 PM

GL Eli &amp; the Giants...
</P>

What color is the sky in your world?</P>

FBomb
09-10-2011, 06:18 PM

</P>

</P>

Optimistic Blue!</P>

DragonSoul
09-10-2011, 06:20 PM

</p>

What color is the sky in your world?</p>about the same as it was the last two years :)

Eli TO Shockey
09-10-2011, 06:23 PM
That would a beast of a season.

But, if his INT's are cut i half from last season...his TD's will drop as well. I say 27 TD's and 13 INT's with 3700 yards passing.

That is a realistic number for ELI.

NYG4lifeNYK
09-10-2011, 06:32 PM
<font size="4">
But, if his INT's are cut i half from last season...<u>his TD's will drop as well</u></font>. I say 27 TD's and 13 INT's with 3700 yards passing.

What? Why do you say that?

Eli will pass for over 4k yard for the 3rd straight year &amp; over 30 TD's once again.

4k+ yard, 13-14 INT's, 30+ TD's

JMFP2
09-10-2011, 06:34 PM
I think Eli can have a terrific season.</P>

Eli TO Shockey
09-10-2011, 06:42 PM
<font size="4">
But, if his INT's are cut i half from last season...<u>his TD's will drop as well</u></font>. I say 27 TD's and 13 INT's with 3700 yards passing.

Eli will pass for over 4k yard for the 3rd straight year &amp; over 30 TD's once again.

cmon man...lets be realistic here.

If eli throws less INT's. its going to involve him taking less risks. Half the balls he forces up in the air are caught. 1/4 are incomplete and 1/4 of them are INT's. (for example) .

Beelzeboss
09-10-2011, 06:45 PM
He has the skill and ability for sure. It's up to him.

DragonSoul
09-10-2011, 07:05 PM
<font size="4">

If eli throws less INT's. its going to involve him taking less risks. Half the balls he forces up in the air are caught. 1/4 are incomplete and 1/4 of them are INT's. (for example) .

look at all the yrs past. Look before you leap.

Eli TO Shockey
09-10-2011, 09:28 PM
<font size="4">

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/careerstats

way to prove my point.

Eli TO Shockey
09-10-2011, 09:29 PM
<font size="4">

way to prove my point.

also need to take into account where those 4000 yards are going to come from minus boss and smith.

DragonSoul
09-10-2011, 10:08 PM
<font size="4">

way to prove my point.
how is that? before the 25 int what were his last 3 yrs? With still similar attempts.

Coach Carter
09-10-2011, 10:34 PM

If Eli throws for over 4,000yds, the Giants will not make the playoffs. Eli threw for 4,000yrs the last two seasons and you know the outcome.

You pass to score, but you run to win.

Coach Carter
09-10-2011, 10:38 PM
<font size="4">

way to prove my point.

When Eli passes for less than 3,500yds, the Giants do well.

Redeyejedi
09-10-2011, 10:40 PM

</P>

What color is the sky in your world?</P>Seriously he might be the MVP with that season

Harooni
09-10-2011, 10:56 PM
3800 yards 18ints 26 td's 4 lost fumbles i think this is a fair guess.

(be aware i am last years winner without going over of guessing 19ints,which many said i was being a hater for going that high)

jax5338
09-10-2011, 11:06 PM

If Eli throws for over 4,000yds, the Giants will not make the playoffs. Eli threw for 4,000yrs the last two seasons and you know the outcome.

this is silly. you cant gauge a team's success by one player's individual stats. so if eli somehow thrw for like 4500+ yds and tears defenses apart this year putting up like 30+ pts/g you think the giants wont make the playoffs? its not all on the quarterback. the giants missing the playoffs in 2009 had nothing to do with eli throwing for a lot of yards. the defense was awful. that is why we lost. last year it was the turnovers. his numbers aside from them were solid did you see the game on thursday? do yo think those QBs are gonna have less than 4000 yds apiece this year? no way.

sure having a strong running game helps. but it isnt absolutely essential. you gotta be able to run and pass at the right times. we couldnt run the ball for **** late in the eagles game last year. thats why they were able to come back. gotta be able to move the ball when needed, regardless of how.

and that last quote is kinda stupid if you ask me. you pass to score? okay good lol i kinda thought that was the point.

DragonSoul
09-10-2011, 11:46 PM

(be aware i am last years winner without going over of guessing 19ints,which many said i was being a hater for going that high)
those r also good numbers, i had no issue if u said 19 last yr, i would think it might of been a few ints high compared 2 his previous two yrs.

DragonSoul
09-10-2011, 11:51 PM

this is silly. you cant gauge a team's success by one player's individual stats. so if eli somehow thrw for like 4500+ yds and tears defenses apart this year putting up like 30+ pts/g you think the giants wont make the playoffs? its not all on the quarterback. the giants missing the playoffs in 2009 had nothing to do with eli throwing for a lot of yards. the defense was awful. that is why we lost. last year it was the turnovers. his numbers aside from them were solid did you see the game on thursday? do yo think those QBs are gonna have less than 4000 yds apiece this year? no way.

sure having a strong running game helps. but it isnt absolutely essential. you gotta be able to run and pass at the right times. we couldnt run the ball for **** late in the eagles game last year. thats why they were able to come back. gotta be able to move the ball when needed, regardless of how.

and that last quote is kinda stupid if you ask me. you pass to score? okay good lol i kinda thought that was the point.
I never said we will win/lose because of 1 player. I am just giving the stats. Btw the rbs did just fine last yr runnung as well w/eli throwing for 4k yards, &amp; thats when the lime struggled early last season till ohara got hurt, then they started to run like they did in the past, w/over 2k yards. Thats not good?

Danny1024
09-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Yards - 4200, YPA - 7.7, TD - 34, Int - 13, Comp % = 64%, QB Rating (wh

If those were his stats his QB rating would easily be over 105....

Morehead State
09-10-2011, 11:57 PM

</P>

Of the top 6 QB's in passing yards last season, only 2 made the playoffs. And they were both eliminated in the first round.</P>

Passing yards do not equal wins. As a matter of fact its the opposite.</P>

</P>

Eli'swin % when throwing for more than 300 yards: .500</P>

Eli's win % when throwing for less than 300 yards: .596</P>

</P>

All you guys like to make yourselves feel good when you pump Eli's 4000 yards seasons and yardage predictions. The reality is his history has proven that when he throws for more yards, we lose more. I need a more conservative QB with the ball. I need a QB who gives up some yards to be more careful with the ball....... Because I want my team to win, not just pump up my QB's stats.</P>

Chaosist
09-11-2011, 12:03 AM

</P>

</P>

I can tell the sky in your world is pitch black. So inky black that you cannot see a single thing.</P>

Morehead State
09-11-2011, 12:06 AM

</P>

</P>

I can tell the sky in your world is pitch black. So inky black that you cannot see a single thing.</P>

</P>

Sleep it off.</P>

DragonSoul
09-11-2011, 12:18 AM

</p>

Of the top 6 QB's in passing yards last season, only 2 made the playoffs. And they were both eliminated in the first round.</p>

Passing yards do not equal wins. As a matter of fact its the opposite.</p>

</p>

Eli'swin % when throwing for more than 300 yards: .500</p>

Eli's win % when throwing for less than 300 yards: .596</p>

</p>

All you guys like to make yourselves feel good when you pump Eli's 4000 yards seasons and yardage predictions. The reality is his history has proven that when he throws for more yards, we lose more. I need a more conservative QB with the ball. I need a QB who gives up some yards to be more careful with the ball....... Because I want my team to win, not just pump up my QB's stats.</p>Not pumping up any stats. I have been fairly close last two years. As its been said some have done well with those amount of yards. This team could be one. For you to say I want to pump up someones numbers over the team winning is weak.

I am always and have always been team first. While I like certain players the TEAM &gt; Player. Yet if things were cleaned up more so then last year, from tips, bad throws, better line, no fumbling on running the ball vs the eagles, and so on, Eli could even have even played better then what he did.

Plus running 2k yards was not bad last i heard. Yet that in itself can be a good improvement especially if both are finally healthy.

Sorry that you need to bring the doom and gloom, or because someone actually says something good about the QBs progression all of a sudden thats a bad thing now, while others who try to latch on anything negative about a player they dont like and run with it, while brining everyone else down thats cool with you then.

Grats, carry on.

jax5338
09-11-2011, 12:33 AM

</p>

Of the top 6 QB's in passing yards last season, only 2 made the playoffs. And they were both eliminated in the first round.</p>

</p>

</p>

All you guys like to make yourselves feel good when you pump Eli's 4000 yards seasons and yardage predictions. The reality is his history has proven that when he throws for more yards, we lose more. I need a more conservative QB with the ball. I need a QB who gives up some yards to be more careful with the ball....... Because I want my team to win, not just pump up my QB's stats.</p>

chill out the predictions are for fun.

saying more yards equal less wins is just dumb. you CAN win and have high yardage numbers. have we in the past? no, but its not because of that. the past two seasons it's been because of defensive breakdowns and turnovers. im more concerned about eli throwing less picks than throwing less yards. thats what hurt us the most last season. but to say you cant have a QB put up HIGHER yardage #s and win is ludicrous. as long as those yards turn into points idk what more you can want. "please eli, don't move the ball thru the air this year, we'll lose."

jax5338
09-11-2011, 12:42 AM

I never said we will win/lose because of 1 player. I am just giving the stats. Btw the rbs did just fine last yr runnung as well w/eli throwing for 4k yards, &amp; thats when the lime struggled early last season till ohara got hurt, then they started to run like they did in the past, w/over 2k yards. Thats not good?

i wasnt disagreeing with you. i was replying to coach carter.

DragonSoul
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM

i wasnt disagreeing with you. i was replying to coach carter.
was adding to urs to him :)

Chaosist
09-11-2011, 01:07 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Sleep it off.</P>

</P>

Yes. Yes, you should.</P>

Coach Carter
09-11-2011, 01:10 AM

</p>

</p>

</p>

All you guys like to make yourselves feel good when you pump Eli's 4000 yards seasons and yardage predictions. The reality is his history has proven that when he throws for more yards, we lose more. I need a more conservative QB with the ball. I need a QB who gives up some yards to be more careful with the ball....... Because I want my team to win, not just pump up my QB's stats.</p>

No I'm just silly and the defense was just awful. So what the defense was put in horrible field position due to all the turnovers and with no time to rest.

The Giants defense was 9th vs the pass, 8th vs the rush, 17th in points and fifth in sacks and first in 3rd down conversions (don't forget knocking 6-8 quarterbacks out of the game). The Giants defense was good with a first year coordinator.

How long are folks going to blame everyone else before they wake up point the finger at Eli.

NWKEffectElement
09-11-2011, 01:12 AM
IMO Eli's 'progression' hinges on the amount of turnovers he has. We will never have this lights out QB that will take games over with Eli so pepole need to accept that.

I just want one season with single digit picks. **** this fantasy crap about yardage and td #s. At this point I just want a very good game manager who knows the most important thing about playing QB is not turning the ball over.

Morehead State
09-11-2011, 01:20 AM

</P>

Of the top 6 QB's in passing yards last season, only 2 made the playoffs. And they were both eliminated in the first round.</P>

Passing yards do not equal wins. As a matter of fact its the opposite.</P>

</P>

Eli'swin % when throwing for more than 300 yards: .500</P>

Eli's win % when throwing for less than 300 yards: .596</P>

</P>

All you guys like to make yourselves feel good when you pump Eli's 4000 yards seasons and yardage predictions. The reality is his history has proven that when he throws for more yards, we lose more. I need a more conservative QB with the ball. I need a QB who gives up some yards to be more careful with the ball....... Because I want my team to win, not just pump up my QB's stats.</P>

Not pumping up any stats. I have been fairly close last two years. As its been said some have done well with those amount of yards. This team could be one. For you to say I want to pump up someones numbers over the team winning is weak.

I am always and have always been team first. While I like certain players the TEAM &gt; Player. Yet if things were cleaned up more so then last year, from tips, bad throws, better line, no fumbling on running the ball vs the eagles, and so on, Eli could even have even played better then what he did.

Plus running 2k yards was not bad last i heard. Yet that in itself can be a good improvement especially if both are finally healthy.

Sorry that you need to bring the doom and gloom, or because someone actually says something good about the QBs progression all of a sudden thats a bad thing now, while others who try to latch on anything negative about a player they dont like and run with it, while brining everyone else down thats cool with you then.

Grats, carry on.
</P>

I'm not being doom and gloom at all. I'm pointing out that when our QB protects the ball better, we win more football games. You guys focus on yards as if its some kind of great accomplishment. Its not. The purpose is not to pass for as many yards as possible, its to win football games.</P>

In the case of our team and our QB, that means a more conservative approach to passing the ball. That may mean less yards, or even fewer TD's, but not giving the ball to the other team as much is far more important. Eli's personal history proves this. His SB run had very ordinary yards and TD totals. It was his priority on ball protection that made it outstanding.</P>

Bold predictions of yards and TD's are a distraction. In this case your predictions are rediculous. They make no sense in the context of winning football games. Give me fewer yards, fewer TD's and far fewer turnovers. Thats a recipe for championship football. At least as it relates to our team.</P>

It has always been true.</P>

Coach Carter
09-11-2011, 01:27 AM

</p>

</p>

</p>

Not pumping up any stats. I have been fairly close last two years. As its been said some have done well with those amount of yards. This team could be one. For you to say I want to pump up someones numbers over the team winning is weak.

Grats, carry on.
</p>

I'm not being doom and gloom at all. I'm pointing out that when our QB protects the ball better, we win more football games. You guys focus on yards as if its some kind of great accomplishment. Its not. The purpose is not to pass for as many yards as possible, its to win football games.</p>

In the case of our team and our QB, that means a more conservative approach to passing the ball. That may mean less yards, or even fewer TD's, but not giving the ball to the other team as much is far more important. Eli's personal history proves this. His SB run had very ordinary yards and TD totals. It was his priority on ball protection that made it outstanding.</p>

Bold predictions of yards and TD's are a distraction. In this case your predictions are rediculous. They make no sense in the context of winning football games. Give me fewer yards, fewer TD's and far fewer turnovers. Thats a recipe for championship football. At least as it relates to our team.</p>

It has always been true.</p>
+1

Eli was under 3,700 yds in 2007.

Marvelousmik
09-11-2011, 01:27 AM

3700 yards, TD - 28, Int - 22

Morehead State
09-11-2011, 01:33 AM

</P>

His regular season was poor. One of the worst games I ever saw Eli play was Buffalo week 16.</P>

It was the playoff run that was special. He averaged 220 yards and 1.5 TD's/game. But he had one turnover in 4 games.</P>

Some of you guys think that Eli has to put up Rivers or Brady kind of numberes to be his best. Its nonsense. Eli needs to lead this team and place a high priority on ball protection to be the best QB he can be.</P>

Leave the lofty numbers to Rivers, Rodgers etc... Give me Giants wins.</P>

Chaosist
09-11-2011, 01:37 AM
So what the defense was put in horrible field position due to all the turnovers and with no time to rest.

</P>

The defense never got to rest, yet we somehow had the 2nd best ToP in the NFL...</P>

buddy33
I'd prefer to see his yards down along with his TO's. That's because I think they should run the ball more. The only problem is they paid him $100 million. So they will want their $100 million man to throw and throw a lot. This will especially be bad once again later in the season when it is better to run at the Meadowlands than throw.

giantsfan420

Only side bar is... The Wrs have to do their job, and not keep dropping/tipping the ball or running the wrong routes. Obviously all wrs may do these at times and thats art of the game and are inc. in these numbers, I am talking to how bad it was last year.* do not care how good of a QB you are, if your guys cant do their jobs, then you cannot do yours.

GL Eli & the Giants...

</P>

His regular season was poor.* One of the worst games I ever saw Eli play was Buffalo week 16.</P>

It was the playoff run that was special.* He averaged 220 yards and 1.5 TD's/game.* But he had one turnover in 4 games.</P>

Some of you guys think that Eli has to put up Rivers or Brady kind of numberes to be his best.* Its nonsense.* Eli needs to lead this team and place a high priority on ball protection to be the best QB he can be.</P>

Leave the lofty numbers to Rivers, Rodgers etc...* Give me Giants wins.</P>

i guess i see where ur coming from and kind of agree. but one thing i cant get past with ur logic, well i can from ur point of view, but eli had over 4000 yds two years ago and protected the ball pretty well, and no playoffs so that yr should not be an example for ur point, and finally, 25 ints with 4 k yds, if he threw like 17 ints, how would his yds go down? i mean if he cuts the ints in half, wouldnt that mean his yardage would go up with more pass attempts as the offense would have the ball longer??

byron
09-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Man... putting a winor loss on any one person is ridiculous its team game we all know this ?... for every action there is a reaction you got 22 guys out thereaffecting every single play its not a perfect science...history doesn't win football games teams win football in all kinds of ways. Stats are good for analyzingand forpredictingbut is hit or miss at best...I guess its human nature to try and figure what going to happen before it does I'll just wait till the game is over...I come in peace..carry on guys

giantsfan420
09-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Man... putting a win*or loss on any one person is ridiculous its team game we all know this ?... for every action there is a reaction you got 22 guys out there*affecting every single play its not a perfect science...history doesn't win football games teams win football in all kinds of ways. Stats are good for analyzing*and for*predicting*but is hit or miss at best...*I guess its human nature to try and figure what going to happen before it does I'll just wait till the game is over...I come in peace..carry on guys

well said

byron
09-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Man... putting a winor loss on any one person is ridiculous its team game we all know this ?... for every action there is a reaction you got 22 guys out thereaffecting every single play its not a perfect science...history doesn't win football games teams win football in all kinds of ways. Stats are good for analyzingand forpredictingbut is hit or miss at best...I guess its human nature to try and figure what going to happen before it does I'll just wait till the game is over...I come in peace..carry on guys well saidthanks 420didn't mean to drive everybody away...oh well my bad

NWKEffectElement
09-11-2011, 01:59 AM

Only side bar is... The Wrs have to do their job, and not keep dropping/tipping the ball or running the wrong routes. Obviously all wrs may do these at times and thats art of the game and are inc. in these numbers, I am talking to how bad it was last year.* do not care how good of a QB you are, if your guys cant do their jobs, then you cannot do yours.

GL Eli & the Giants...

</P>

His regular season was poor.* One of the worst games I ever saw Eli play was Buffalo week 16.</P>

It was the playoff run that was special.* He averaged 220 yards and 1.5 TD's/game.* But he had one turnover in 4 games.</P>

Some of you guys think that Eli has to put up Rivers or Brady kind of numberes to be his best.* Its nonsense.* Eli needs to lead this team and place a high priority on ball protection to be the best QB he can be.</P>

Leave the lofty numbers to Rivers, Rodgers etc...* Give me Giants wins.</P>

Do you remember the 2nd skins game that year? He was something like 18 for 51.

Coach Carter
09-11-2011, 09:19 AM
So what the defense was put in horrible field position due to all the turnovers and with no time to rest.

</p>

The defense never got to rest, yet we somehow had the 2nd best ToP in the NFL...</p>

Seriously, you don't think that had something to to with all the "do-overs" since the offense turned the ball over so much, especially inside of it's own territory?

Listen, after a turnover, the defense has to go back on the field, that is what I'm talking about. Those periods of extended can wear a defense down.

Look at this scenario, the defense is on the field for seven plays, gets the team to punt but the Giants offense starts inside its 20. Then a turnover occurs within 3 plays, now the defense is back on the field defending a short field and with no time to recoup.

That is what I'm talking about in terms of rest and that happened frequently last season with all the fumbles and interception the offense committed.

Captain Chaos
09-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Two things have to happen, we find our #3 WR (I think that is still way up in the air) and Ballard emerges as a serviceable TE. Unfortunately, I don't see them happening, at least right away. If one of our RB's could start catching enough balls out of the Backfield to become a threat it would certainly help our cause!

buddy33
09-11-2011, 11:06 AM
So what the defense was put in horrible field position due to all the turnovers and with no time to rest.*

</p>

The defense never got to rest, yet we somehow had the 2nd best ToP in the NFL...</p>

Seriously, you don't think that had something to to with all the "do-overs" since the offense turned the ball over so much, especially inside of it's own territory?

Listen, after a turnover, the defense has to go back on the field, that is what I'm talking about.* Those periods of
extended can wear a defense down.

Look at this
scenario, the defense is on the field for seven plays, gets the
team to punt but the Giants offense starts inside its 20. Then a
turnover occurs within 3 plays, now the defense is back on the
field defending a short field and with no time to recoup.*

That is what I'm talking about in terms of rest and that
happened frequently last season with all the fumbles and
interception the offense committed.

Yes the defense had their low points, but they where put out on the field more than they should. You never hear about a teams offense out on the field to long do you? You hear it all the time when talking about the defense. However, some want to blame only the defense for the season because of the end of the Eagles game and the Green Bay game. Don't dare talk about the Titans game or the 1st Eagles game because what happens early in the season doesn't count right?

Redeyejedi
09-11-2011, 11:20 AM

</P>

His regular season was poor. One of the worst games I ever saw Eli play was Buffalo week 16.</P>

It was the playoff run that was special. He averaged 220 yards and 1.5 TD's/game. But he had one turnover in 4 games.</P>

Some of you guys think that Eli has to put up Rivers or Brady kind of numberes to be his best. Its nonsense. Eli needs to lead this team and place a high priority on ball protection to be the best QB he can be.</P>

Leave the lofty numbers to Rivers, Rodgers etc... Give me Giants wins.</P>I agree Id be happier with his numbers being closer to 3,000 yards then 4,000. The last 2 years have proven that it isnt the best idea to let Eli be the focus of the offense. Losing 2 of his best weapons does not help either. Run the Football and dont turn it over the team will be fine

Wes
09-11-2011, 11:28 AM

</P>

</P>

Although I like your positive thinking, I dont think Eli will make those stats and not because I think he cant, but because they dont want him to. We will be a run heavy team this year, they dont want Eli to feel as if he has to take every game on his shoulders again leading to forced throws like last year. With the young WRs and the lack of a true pass catching TE your gonna see about 60-65% run heavy is what I think. They will try to win every game with Def, field pos and run game. Eli wont be asked throw for big yards or throw for 3 TDs, he will be asked to be consistent and conservative. I dont expect to see ALOT of down field pass plays. I am looking for them to move the chains, eat up clock and play good Def like they did before they lost thier identity. No, I dont expect Eli to have 30TDs or 4000 yds, I expect more in the 20s in TDs and 3000 yds. I do expect us ot have 2 1000 yd backs though. This will reduce Eli's mistakes and limit costly turnovers.</P>

DragonSoul
09-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Two things have to happen, we find our #3 WR (I think that is still way up in the air) and Ballard emerges as a serviceable TE. Unfortunately, I don't see them happening, at least right away. If one of our RB's could start catching enough balls out of the Backfield to become a threat it would certainly help our cause!agreed, but the rbs started to catch better at the end of last yr. But we really do need a 3rd wr we can count on &amp; a TE that can do what is asked of him.

DragonSoul
09-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Bump for end of season reference, so I can Bookmark it...

DragonSoul
09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Since a poor outing in the season opener in Washington and starting off
the Rams game completing just three of his first 11 passes, Manning has
had a hot hand, completing 32 of 42 passes for 435 yards, five
touchdowns and no interceptions for a rating of 148.3 during that span.<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: transparent; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giant_praise_for_rookie_wGrM752Y77blYGI50xjFON#ixz z1ZFxrsG6O
</div>

giantsfan420
09-29-2011, 12:13 PM
Bump for end of season reference, so I can Bookmark it...

Im going with 32 td 14 ints 4200 yards 64 compl%

and QBR of around 75-80, qb rating 91

firstgamein49
09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
If I'm not mistaken, '07 was also the second worst that Eli did as far as turnovers (ints) are concerned, second only to last year! Interesting that although he had, I believe, 8 more ints last year than in '07, both teams had 10-6 records. Possibly the increase offensive production last year allowed that? Prob not, but it is interesting.
BTW, I totally that ball protection is super important to the success of any football team, and it's something that TC preaches ALL THE TIME and has since he became a head coach in the NFL.

RobCarpenter
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM

</P>

The defense never got to rest, yet we somehow had the 2nd best ToP in the NFL...</P>

Listen, after a turnover, the defense has to go back on the field, that is what I'm talking about. Those periods of extended can wear a defense down.

Look at this scenario, the defense is on the field for seven plays, gets the team to punt but the Giants offense starts inside its 20. Then a turnover occurs within 3 plays, now the defense is back on the field defending a short field and with no time to recoup.

That is what I'm talking about in terms of rest and that happened frequently last season with all the fumbles and interception the offense committed.
Yes the defense had their low points, but they where put out on the field more than they should. You never hear about a teams offense out on the field to long do you? You hear it all the time when talking about the defense. However, some want to blame only the defense for the season because of the end of the Eagles game and the Green Bay game. Don't dare talk about the Titans game or the 1st Eagles game because what happens early in the season doesn't count right?</P>

Even with the high numbers of TO's, the 2010 Giants were 5th in the NFL in Offense (Yds/game) and 7th in Total Points. One of the better offensive teams in Giants history regarding their ability to move the ball and to score. The Giants Offense had little trouble moving the ball up and down the field, could only imagine how many pts they might of scored if they could have cut down on the TO's some.Any argument that the Defense was always on the fieldseems like a ratherweak argument. </P>

</P>

DragonSoul
10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
bumpity :)

DragonSoul
10-17-2011, 10:02 PM
I also created a post before the season started, saying Eli would be talked about by analysts saying he has hit the Elite level before the end of the season. Right when the so called controversy hit about Eli self proclaiming it.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 08:36 PM
bump to make myself feel better :)

jax5338
12-05-2011, 09:12 PM
i think your prediction will be pretty close. hell likely go over 4200 yds, might fall a few short of 34 TDs and will prob end up around 15 INTs.

im going with 4750 yds 33 TD 14 INT and a division title after 4 straight wins!

optimism!

jomo
12-05-2011, 09:26 PM
OK, well done. There you have it! I wasn't betting against you in September by the way but you put it out there and pretty much nailed it.

lawl
12-05-2011, 09:28 PM
You always undercut him on yards.

giantsfan420
12-05-2011, 09:48 PM
i think your prediction will be pretty close. hell likely go over 4200 yds, might fall a few short of 34 TDs and will prob end up around 15 INTs.

optimism!

my prediction before the year in numerous threads was 34 tds 15 ints 4400 yards.

everyone was telling me or saying "yeah right 20 ints or more" while completely neglecting that prior to the fluke 25 int season, the previous TWO years he threw 24 ints combined.

fact is, eli has played at an elite level since the 2007 playoff run/ he is an amazing qb, and if we could field a defense that is consistent and hell, simms had a defense that COULD WIN HIM GAMES. our defense, if they play well, puts us in a situation to where we COULD win if Eli makes a comeback drive to win, the other losses the defense just got blown out of the water.

5 of 6 wins eli led a game winning drive.

in 3(4 depending on how you look at it) of 6 of our losses, eli has tied it or taken the lead on a huge 4th quarter drive only for the defense to allow the other team to march down and score super fast.

Seattle, we took the lead late, only for the d to stop playing bc osi jumped off sides and everyone stopped for that wr to have a wide open easy td catch...and eli marched us down AGAIN but that cruz int.
Green Bay, huge 4th quarter drive to tie late...game over bc of d.
Philly, late drive to tie in the 4th, Philly marches right back down immediately after to go up 7 again. Eli leads another drive with a min left but gets blindsided for a fumble.

SF-Eli drives to the 10 on a 4th down pass gets deflected game over. Onside kick screwed us but what hurt most was that 4th quarter td to Davis who was uncovered.

Our wins have played out very similarily. Vs NE, Defense allows Brady to drive it down and put Eli in ANOTHER must win by last minute heroics.
Miami but the D showed up at the end which is why we won but still made Moore look like an All Pro
Buffalo-D allows 4th quarter drive to take lead but Webster also makes a huge Int on the goal line when Buffalo could have went up two scores so they kind of did there job.

I could go on, I mean with any other QB, even an elite QB like Rodgers, if you put all the pressure to win on the QB by making game winning drives, you just won't have continual success.

DEFENSE, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. STOP WASTING THE POTENTIAL OF THIS TEAM.

while im at it

OFFENSIVE LINE, GIVE ELI TIME. HE'S PROVEN IF YOU GIVE HIM SOME TIME, HE IS DEADLY.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 11:26 PM

optimism!A bit easier this late in the season, isn't it?

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 11:27 PM
OK, well done. There you have it! I wasn't betting against you in September by the way but you put it out there and pretty much nailed it.Did it last year as well. I was not calling anyone out, just patting my own back lol, someone has to do it.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 11:28 PM
You always undercut him on yards.A little not much. I actually would have went higher on the yards, if I knew Cruz would have broken out like he did. Was uncertain about Cruz, Ballard (thought they could bring something, but not sure how much).

I also was worried about the Oline. Apparently it hurt us more in the run game, but it had issues in the pass as well.

DragonSoul
12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
I under cut his total yards but that was based on unknown weapons (thats saying something) &amp; a very good running game (which we have not had)

titwio
12-13-2011, 06:20 PM

Nice prediction....very close. Your pretty dead on with the QB rating.

chasjay
12-13-2011, 06:36 PM
I want to admit that I haven't read the other predictions - I just want to make mine. I predict the most important stat to be a regular season record of 10-6, with no more than one loss in the playoffs.

Spizi
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM

Nice prediction....very close. Your pretty dead on with the QB rating.

Well if his prediction is right on the TDs and Int I think its safe to say that these last 3 games should be winnable.

BBlueSince82
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
<u>Eli, Regular season</u>

<u>4833</u> yds.
<u>32</u> TDs
<u>14</u> INTs
<u>64.6%</u> Comp.
<u>Rating-101.6</u>

<u>Playoffs, Giants #4 seed:</u> <u>3 games</u><u> &amp; SB</u>

<u>1154</u> yds.
<u>11</u> TDs
<u>2</u> INTs
<u> 67.8%</u> Comp.

<u>Giants over Ravens in a rematch of 2000 SB, 27-23
</u>

Slunk3AM
12-13-2011, 11:30 PM
I love how Morehead State and Coach Carter just vanished from this thread.

They must be LIVID Eli's having this great of a year. Let's just hope the Giants make it count and at least get into the playoffs.

DragonSoul
12-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Bumpity for the last week finale...

Roosevelt
12-27-2011, 08:46 PM
<table class="team-stats-passing"><thead><tr><th rowspan="2" class="">Player</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Att</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Comp</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Yds</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Comp %</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Yds/Att</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">TD</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">TD%</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">INT</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">INT%</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Long</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Sck</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Sack/Lost</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Rating</th>

</tr>
<tr>

</tr>
</thead>

<tbody>

<tr class=" loop-first loop-odd loop-last ">

<td class=" loop-first loop-odd ">Eli Manning</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">556</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">335</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">4,587</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">60.3</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">8.3</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">26</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">4.7</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">16</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">2.9</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">99</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">26</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">184</td>

<td class=" loop-even loop-last ">90.3</td></tr></tbody></table>

jjj45
12-27-2011, 09:01 PM
<table class="team-stats-passing"><thead><tr><th rowspan="2" class="">Player</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Att</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Comp</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Yds</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Comp %</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Yds/Att</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">TD</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">TD%</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">INT</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">INT%</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Long</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Sck</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Sack/Lost</th>

<th rowspan="2" class="">Rating</th>

</tr>
<tr>

</tr>
</thead>

<tbody>

<tr class=" loop-first loop-odd loop-last ">

<td class=" loop-first loop-odd ">Eli Manning</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">556</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">335</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">4,587</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">60.3</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">8.3</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">26</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">4.7</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">16</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">2.9</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">99</td>

<td class=" loop-even ">26</td>

<td class=" loop-odd ">184</td>

<td class=" loop-even loop-last ">90.3</td></tr></tbody></table>26 TD's 16 INt's. Its a tradeoff. Many potential TD's have been dropped by the WR's, while most of the INT's have been Eli's fault.

DragonSoul
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Bumpity for Finale. Lets see the conclusion :)

Morehead State
01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
</P>

4900 and change. 29 TD'd and 16 picks. This was by far Eli's best season.</P>

Saw pocket awareness this season that none of us had seen before. Good for Eli. Even today he threw balls away that last season he would have tried to jam into coverage. </P>

I don't even look at the stats. Its all about what he does, play in and play out on the field. His play was excellent all season.</P>

</P>

jax5338
01-02-2012, 12:51 AM
</p>

4900 and change. 29 TD'd and 16 picks. This was by far Eli's best season.</p>

Saw pocket awareness this season that none of us had seen before. Good for Eli. Even today he threw balls away that last season he would have tried to jam into coverage. </p>

I don't even look at the stats. Its all about what he does, play in and play out on the field. His play was excellent all season.</p>

</p>

dont forget about his amazing running ability tonight! 14 yards on 6 carries! he looked like cam newton out there! LOL

MikeSherrard
01-02-2012, 12:51 AM
NICE WORK ON THE PREDICTION!

Harooni
01-02-2012, 12:53 AM

i was off on his yards.didnt realize cruz would kill the YAC pretty close every where else

Morehead State
01-02-2012, 12:56 AM

i was off on his yards.didnt realize cruz would kill the YAC pretty close every where else
</P>

Cruz is absolutely tremendous. </P>

Harooni
01-02-2012, 12:59 AM

</p>

Cruz is absolutely tremendous. </p>

he is a little beast ,its like he is in a video game out there.

Morehead State
01-02-2012, 01:04 AM

</P>

</P>

there was a great article in the local paper (Springfield, MA) about Cruz since he went to school up the street at Umass.</P>

Kid has overcome a great deal and is impossible not to be proud of.</P>

Harooni
01-02-2012, 01:07 AM

</p>

Cruz is absolutely tremendous. </p>

</p>

there was a great article in the local paper (Springfield, MA) about Cruz since he went to school up the street at Umass.</p>

Kid has overcome a great deal and is impossible not to be proud of.</p>
its a shame because of nfl politics and where a guy gets drafted ,so many talented players like cruz get cut before they can even showcase what they have, timely injuries exposed just how dynamic he was.

Morehead State
01-02-2012, 01:09 AM

</P>

</P>

there was a great article in the local paper (Springfield, MA) about Cruz since he went to school up the street at Umass.</P>

Kid has overcome a great deal and is impossible not to be proud of.</P>

its a shame because of nfl politics and where a guy gets drafted ,so many talented players like cruz get cut before they can even showcase what they have, timely injuries exposed just how dynamic he was.
</P>

Cruz and JPP jerseys have to be the hottest sellers right now.</P>

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Original Prediction -

VS Actual... Do not forget there was approximately 5 dropped TDS :-(

Year....Comp%......Yds....Avg....TD...Int... Rate
2011.....61%........4,933...8.4......29...16....92 .9

Plus finishing 9-7 as an NFC East Champion after all the team has gone through. Oh and Eli finished with 15 fourth quarter TDS the NEW NFL RECORD, ahead of only Unitas and Peyton Manning, and the only one who tied Marino with 3 400 yard games in a season...

DragonSoul
01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Final bumpity.

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 01:07 AM
bump 4 future reference '12 season, Otherwise the thread dies if to bumped after awhile..

GmenFan1980
01-25-2012, 01:25 AM
You can add Eli's post season stat's so in that sense he does have more then 34 TD this season :P.

believe he is 8 TD vs 1 int in the post season so far

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:30 AM
You can add Eli's post season stat's so in that sense he does have more then 34 TD this season :P.

believe he is 8 TD vs 1 int in the post season so faryep he does. Do not forget that we had about 5 dropped TDS as well.