PDA

View Full Version : How old is our offensive playbook?

BigBlue121
01-17-2012, 04:37 PM
they are showing the 2007 Giants and the exact same play they called on that toomer TD in dallas in the playoffs is the same play Cruz burned dallas for in week 17...lol. You would think the cowboys would recognize it by now..i dont have the videos to show it

burier
01-17-2012, 04:40 PM
they are showing the 2007 Giants and the exact same play they called on that toomer TD in dallas in the playoffs is the same play Cruz burned dallas for in week 17...lol. You would think the cowboys would recognize it by now..i dont have the videos to show it

1) they're supposed to recognize a play from 4 years ago?

2) for all we know they did recognise it and still couldn't do anything about it.

3) Highly doubt it was the same play.

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM

1) they're supposed to recognize a play from 4 years ago?

2) for all we know they did recognise it and still couldn't do anything about it.

3) Highly doubt it was the same play.
gilbride has been using the same playbook since the 80's..

BigBlue121
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
EXACT same play...the same route and block

ErnieReese
01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
I think a lot of teams run old plays from time to time. I'm sure these coaches and players have an index of plays from the past that they think will be useful for a given situation.

G-Man67
01-17-2012, 04:45 PM
they did recognize it

but unfortunately not until post game film study :)

all joking aside, how exactly would they recognize it? ... i'm sure we run a miriad of plays from that same formation and i don't think Eli goes ... TOOMER PLAY FROM '07 PLAYOFFS OMAHA OMAHA!

i think our sweep and off tackle plays come from the 40s and 50s or earlier :)

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 04:47 PM
If it works why change it?

BigBlue121
01-17-2012, 04:48 PM
i just saw the play on TV and jumped up cuz it looked so familiar and realized that Cruz did it to dallas in wk 17. lol

burier
01-17-2012, 04:50 PM
EXACT same play...the same route and block

well it would have to be same route(s) plural for it to be exactly the same. Was everyone running the same route?

There's only so many routes in the route tree so you're gonna see some repeates

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM

Well on that play the Cowboys were blitzing but Terrence "The Hurdle" Newmann still had responsibiilty for Cruz but came in too much and lost angle to Cruz.

On the othe hand, with respect to old or same plays they still run off tackle and always will.

That pass play is rather routine so no surprise they stiil use it. Conversely you can overuse trick or gimmick plays.