PDA

View Full Version : a GIANT must for winning sunday!

Osi_baby
01-17-2012, 04:02 PM
There's nothing fancy I want to say about what our game plan needs to be offensively. If we want to have our best shot at winning on sunday, I have two words... <u>PLAY-ACTION</u>

<u>PLAY-ACTION</u> freezes the 2nd level, even if only for a split second. It will make all the difference and slow down the attack of their LB's. Patrick Willis and Bowman are too good &amp; too fast. If we can neutralize them with the <u>PLAY-ACTION</u>, we can really start to pick them apart.

egyptian420
01-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Yea...and the only way to do play-action well is to run the ball...can we do that against the stiffest run D in the NFL? We shall see...

Against GB we didn't really run the ball well for the most part, we were in a ton of 3rd and longs but Eli converted most of them anyway. I hope against SF we can run the ball a bit more, which would seem even harder to do than against GB....but let's see what happens.

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Then we need to run the ball efficiently, play-action does not work without a running game IMO.

They'll expect the shotgun draw many times, so PA that ****

TheCatchIII
01-17-2012, 04:12 PM
No one has tried that against the Niners yet.

It's just crazy enough to work!!

Osi_baby
01-17-2012, 04:16 PM
there have been some surprising runs by jacobs getting to the edge and turning the corner. BUT, i truly feel we need to utilize the guy for what he is. line him up 7 yards deep and plow str8 ahead. not tip toe on an off tackle run or pitch. i wouldnt even care all that much about his yardage. id want to make sure the defense is dealing with punishing runs. it wears the D down and will enable bradshaw to take over in 2nd half.

p.s. - (not to turn this into a jacob's thread but...) someone needs to have bradshaw show jacobs what a stiff-arm is. bradshaw basically smashes a tackler with a club punch to the face. jacobs in the GB game tried some soft panzy push away technique.

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 04:18 PM
there have been some surprising runs by jacobs getting to the edge and turning the corner.* BUT, i truly feel we need to utilize the guy for what he is.* line him up 7 yards deep and plow str8 ahead.* not tip toe on an off tackle run or pitch.*

p.s. - (not to turn this into a jacob's thread but...) someone needs to have bradshaw show jacobs what a stiff-arm is.* bradshaw basically smashes a tackler with a club punch to the face.* jacobs in the GB game tried some soft panzy push away technique.

It's amazing how amazing Bradshaw's stiff arm is for such a small guy. Jacobs would be a beast if he learned to do that.

CDN_G-FAN
01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Yea...and the only way to do play-action well is to run the ball...can we do that against the stiffest run D in the NFL? We shall see...

Against GB we didn't really run the ball well for the most part, we were in a ton of 3rd and longs but Eli converted most of them anyway. I hope against SF we can run the ball a bit more, which would seem even harder to do than against GB....but let's see what happens.
</P>

we struggled running the ball against GB for the most part, and that front seven isn't anything like the front 7 we're going to face.</P>

that's why this game is quite a bit different than the GB game.</P>

Good news is that the Falcons were a good run defense too, and we were able to move the ball on them.</P>

But that's why the weather concerns me so much. if this HAS to be a run the ball first type game, i think we're in trouble.</P>

We were able to sling it around on 3rd and long against GB, and our 3rd down conversions changed that game.</P>

if we can't do that against the 9ers, ouch.</P>

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 04:23 PM
they need to run the ball this week,to open up the PLAY-ACTION or pass game!!! just win Giants

Zaggs
01-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Giants had 89 yards against them last time. Not a lot but better than what they had.

mattpl908
01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
hopefully the rain doesnt stop our d and we can go up and down the field at will...we gotta start the game fast as ****

Osi_baby
01-17-2012, 05:12 PM
gilbride isnt calling enuf straight ahead runs for jacobs. i want him to punish defenders for trying to tackle him. not avoid them