PDA

View Full Version : San Fran #1 Rush D...#16 in Pass Defense

Pakman
01-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey, maybe we open up the running game with passes. In the one playoff game they rank 11th out of the 12 teams in regards to pass defense during the playoffs.

Still #1 rush defense though, yeah we aren't running the ball on them lol

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Hey, maybe we open up the running game with passes. In the one playoff game they rank 11th out of the 12 teams in regards to pass defense during the playoffs.

Still #1 rush defense though, yeah we aren't running the ball on them lol

We looked insanely inpressive Defensively against the Saints. I thought our secondary look the best I've ever seen it.

Granted Brees threw for 400 yds on us...
He did throw the ball 70 times..
Not to mention 90% of the passes were short screens while we were in a Zone defense.

ny06
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Atlanta was 6th in the NFL and we rushed for over 170 yards on the ground. </P>

The 49ers will be a tough team to run on, but I think if we stay commited to the run it will open up. </P>

</P>

Pakman
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

Our defense should play well against your offense though.

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I don't think Eli will throw for 400 yards.

I don't think you guys have more offensive weapons then the Saints do. Just being totally honest.

I do think you'll have success vs our Defense.
However, how much success will determine the outcome.

Smith has been hot as of late.. Don't underestimate him ;)

I did against the Saints and he shut me up twice... in 4 minutes lol.

simms56
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM

I definitely don't think the Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I would say the Giants have higher quality weapons.

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 05:46 PM

I definitely don't think the Giants have more weapons than the Saints, but I would say the Giants have higher quality weapons.

I'm not so sure I'd take it that far either...

Giants WR > Saints WR
Saints TE > Giants TE
Saints RB > Giants RB
Giants FB > Saints FB

Pretty even IMHO...
The WR spot just gives the Giants a slight edge due to numbers.

Pakman
01-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Overall our WR's are better than the Saints

Their one TE is better than all three of ours

Our RB's are better as a whole vs theirs...but Sproles is better than AB as far as a multi threat back

Pakman
01-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Giants WR > Saints WR
Saints TE > Giants TE
Saints RB > Giants RB
Giants FB > Saints FB

Pretty even IMHO...

If you break it down

Colston, Graham and Sproles are their biggest threats.

On the Giants Cruz, Nicks, Mannigham, AB, and BJ are our biggest threats.

Ballard is not on Graham's level by any means, but he can make plays,

In the end it is pick your poison double Nicks..Cruz/Mannigham have to be singled up. Put in 8 in the box..one of our WR's will be singled up.

My only concern is if you guys play a zone and your front four destroys our Oline.

Like I said I don't think it will be 35-32 game.

Voldamort
01-17-2012, 05:52 PM
yes pass on first down would be great 1st and 2nd Q after halftime,run it down there throats

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Overall our WR's are better than the Saints

Their one TE is better than all three of ours

Our RB's are better as a whole vs theirs...but Sproles is better than AB as far as a multi threat back

Exactly as I saw it.

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM

Giants WR > Saints WR
Saints TE > Giants TE
Saints RB > Giants RB
Giants FB > Saints FB

Pretty even IMHO...

If you break it down

Colston, Graham and Sproles are their biggest threats.

On the Giants Cruz, Nicks, Mannigham, AB, and BJ are our biggest threats.

Ballard is not on Graham's level by any means, but he can make plays,

In the end it is pick your poison double Nicks..Cruz/Mannigham have to be singled up. Put in 8 in the box..one of our WR's will be singled up.

My only concern is if you guys play a zone and your front four destroys our Oline.

Like I said I don't think it will be 35-32 game.

Sadly I feel the same when it comes to our O Line...

I haven't seen a team NOT just run past our O Line.

I'm not sure what the game plan will be, but I can say that I think we will do much better this time around vs your pass game then we did before.

It's all about the short pass, we don't get beat deep very often. The Saints ripped us apart with the screen game.

Pakman
01-17-2012, 06:00 PM
All we can ask for is an exciting game that does not have any "conspiracy theory" behind the winner lol

JayDAche
01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
All we can ask for is an exciting game that does not have any "conspiracy theory" behind the winner lol

Agreed.
Nothing will beat the Packer/Saint excuses from this past week though.

nofiner9er
01-17-2012, 08:39 PM
saints qb>giants qb.

RiceFan49
01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Didn't get to see much of the Saint's running game. Pierre Thomas got taken out during the opening drive.

nygfan7387
01-17-2012, 08:53 PM
If there is any conspiracy theory, ya'll would think that it would favor us? I mean NYC is largest media market in the US...duhhhhh!

gmen0820
01-17-2012, 09:00 PM
We are not going to run on the 49ers. The moment we get any momentum going in the run game, the 49ers will tighten up their front, play Smith, Sopoaga and McDonald tight in the front as well as Willis and Bowman tight. You won't run on the 49ers.

Problem is, if we don't keep a balance attack, they'll just drop Aldon Smith on the line as a 4 man front and he will abuse Diehl or McKenzie, especially when the inside of the line will be committed to Justin Smith. The Saints commited a guard and a tackle to Smith, and for the most part, it worked. However, Justin Smith plays predominately on the left over the RG and RT, and those have been slump positions for us this year.

We have to execute, at a much higher rate on offense then usual. Be prepared for stabs at Gilbride, but he is not to blame. There aren't many things that you can do on this D.

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
I bet if there is a helmet-to-helmet hit on Bradshaw, Ahmad won't be the one knocked out. Just ask Charles Woodson and Brodney Pool.

buddy33
01-17-2012, 09:25 PM
The Giants moved the ball good the 1st time these teams played. There where two turn overs that looked like miscommunications and the on side kick. Take those away, add a clear holding call on Ballard at the end of the game and the game could have been different.

Oh, and add a healthy Tuck, Osi, Boley, and Bradshaw to this game.

bLuereverie
01-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Didn't Manning complete his first 11 passes that day to start the game?

myles2424
01-17-2012, 09:32 PM
We can't have any missed oportunities on offense due to turnovers or play calling.....their D is no joke

Contain gore & game plan around Davis....

We do that & I think we should be good....