PDA

View Full Version : The MOST upset I've Ever Been

RedskinHater
01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
After watching the girl crying in the car after we beat her Pack I wonder what was the worst thing we might've done after a Giants loss....
Mine - throwing a vacuum cleaner into a wall ! The wall was patchable. The vac went to the dump . Thing is I can't remember the game. Am a good deal older and wiser now !!!

MikeIsaGiant
01-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I think me and my girlfriend got into a huge fight for a week because of the game.

After they lost, I was so mad I started to bring up old ****/grudges , yeah that was bad.

RedskinHater
01-17-2012, 05:38 PM
I think me and my girlfriend got into a huge fight for a week because of the game.

After they lost, I was so mad I started to bring up old ****/grudges , yeah that was bad.
My GF was on the phone for about 45 mins and of course had to do her usual walk / talk--- every few secs passing thru the living room -HAD TO RESTRAIN MYSELF NOT TO TELL HER TO GET THE **** INTO A DIFFERENT ROOM ! LUCKY FOR HER MY WEAPON WAS IN THE CAR

Giantz4Life
01-17-2012, 05:40 PM
When we lost to the Eagles in the 2008 playoffs I ended up in the hospital the next day with abnormal heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation) that was definitely due to the combination of alcohol and being crazy upset/disappointed.

I was only 22 at the time so I decided it was time to stop taking that **** so seriously lol.

RedskinHater
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
When we lost to the Eagles in the 2008 playoffs I ended up in the hospital the next day with abnormal heart rhythm (atrial fibrillation) that was definitely due to the combination of alcohol and being crazy upset/disappointed.

I was only 22 at the time so I decided it was time to stop taking that **** so seriously lol.
I thought only old farts like me worry about that !

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I was so upset after the Seahawks loss where Feeley missed those field goals. Let's just say the next day I went out and bought a new TV and a new coffee table. It's cool though because I needed a new TV anyway.

smashndash715
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
after the eagle debacle last year i punched my door off the hinges and put a whole in the wall..jumped in my car just yelling cuss words the whole time i drove

Pakman
01-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I never did anything dramatic.

I think during the Panthers game to get the number one seed I slammed my pen on the table.

We won the game though ..so I don't think this counts

THE_New_York_Giants
01-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I never did anything dramatic.

I think during the Panthers game to get the number one seed I slammed my pen on the table.

We won the game though ..so I don't think this counts
I was at that game.. After the first quarter I was ready to beat a cat

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
after the eagle debacle last year i punched my door off the hinges and put a whole in the wall..jumped in my car just yelling cuss words the whole time i drove
That must be why your screen name is Smashndash?

Pakman
01-17-2012, 06:03 PM

LMAO!!! Good one! Lol

smashndash715
01-17-2012, 06:04 PM

lol nah me and my dad used to call jacobs and bradshw that

Osi_baby
01-17-2012, 06:06 PM
after the loss to the vikings in the playoffs where chris calloway muff'ed the onside. i basically gathered all my giants stuff and had it ready to throw out, swearing i was done being a giants fan. but nothing did get thrown out and here i still am as a die hard. at the worst, ive broken stuff and screamed my lungs off.

Rudyy
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Hmm.. I haven't done anything too drastic. I think the most I've ever done was throw a pillow across the room.

Dwinsballgames
01-17-2012, 06:10 PM
I was so mad after the redskins loss that I drank milk right out of the container without using a glass. Luckily no one got seriously injured.

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
ahhh, i remember it well...

i was already fuming over the way the season finale against philly was going and you can just imagine the crap i was taking from some bandwagon philly fans i was watching the game with. so as soon as i realize that he's gonna return the punt, i haul arse and just started GUNNING it back to my place.

needless to say, it ends with me getting a ticket for excessive speeding and whatnot; really wasn't worth it...

Osi_baby
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
I was so mad after the redskins loss that I drank milk right out of the container without using a glass. Luckily no one got seriously injured.

hahahahahahahahahaha awesome!

ShockeyShow
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Wow, great question....there's been several times I've been exceptionally upset, however I think my worst reaction, yet possibly my smartest move, was when I fired Fassel after we lost 6 in a row back in 2003.

RedskinHater
01-17-2012, 07:15 PM

The cows must have hid !

NYCDBS
01-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Got so mad after the loss to the eagles I went out got hammered and woke up next to a 300 lb Bulgarian stripper named helga... She had a full brow and was wearing my table cloth as a mini skirt. The stares from my neighbors were classic.

giantyankee1976
01-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I broke a universal remote after that Eli fumble-slide vs the Eagirls a few seasons ago

G-G-GMen420
01-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Me i haven't gotten crazy into games ever since my fuse blew when the yankees blew that 3-0 alcs lead i just can't put all the emotion in it anymore i almost killed everyone in the room when the Giants were last in the stick in the playoffs!

G-G-GMen420
01-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Ill tell u what in 2006 i went to my first giants game vs the bears I'm sure you all know the one where eli had a 10 QBR and hester returned the field goal......

I sat in the 100's sec on the giants side of the field there was a guy i never seen anyone go this crazy about a game before he's screaming walking up and down the stairs i mean insanely pissed this guy changed my view of what i call a passionate fan

hell wouldn't be surprised if it was one of you guys!

TopleyBird
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
After the Eagles collapse last year I sprinted to the nearest convenience store and bought two 40's of crap beer. Drank 'em out in the park by myself in the dark.

Pretty mild

SIMMS5611
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
It's easy. Giants/Ravens SB, Ravens are taking it to our beloved G's, & my wife's twin sister, and another friend of her's, were at my house. They thought it was funny how distraught I was becoming "over a stupid game". They kept needling me, having a delightful time at my agitation, UNTIL....I asked my sister-in-law why she felt so compelled to be a "C"...except I usedthe actual C-bomb.. One of the other girls said she couldn't believe that I had said that to my sister-in-law. I then proceeded to tell the whole room if they felt insulted, they were free to get the F out of my house, which they did, in utter silence & disbelief. After they

left, my wife (we were married maybe 7 months at the time) told me how upset she was at what I had said to her sister, & felt I owed them all an apology. This is all occurring while the game is still on, maybe 3rd qtr. I told my bride there was no way I was going to apologize, & if she didn't like it, she could get the h

FBomb
01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
hmmm......nothing violent like most of you, butI will say that my children's vocabulary would make a truck driver blush.

RedskinHater
01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
It's easy. Giants/Ravens SB, Ravens are taking it to our beloved G's, & my wife's twin sister, and another friend of her's, were at my house. They thought it was funny how distraught I was becoming "over a stupid game". They kept needling me, having a delightful time at my agitation, UNTIL....I asked my sister-in-law why she felt so compelled to be a "C"...except I usedthe actual C-bomb.. One of the other girls said she couldn't believe that I had said that to my sister-in-law. I then proceeded to tell the whole room if they felt insulted, they were free to get the F out of my house, which they did, in utter silence & disbelief. After they

left, my wife (we were married maybe 7 months at the time) told me how upset she was at what I had said to her sister, & felt I owed them all an apology. This is all occurring while the game is still on, maybe 3rd qtr. I told my bride there was no way I was going to apologize, & if she didn't like it, she could get the h
Murdering her would be viewed as "Justifiable Homicide " [:D] especially if the jury was composed of Giants' fans !

SIMMS5611
01-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Sorry 'bout that...told the wife if she didn't like it she could get the hell out too. She did, spent the night at the Mother In Laws. I did apologize to my wife (11 yrs & 3 kids later all is fine), but never to the twin. We just let it go, & it's never been brought up again.

RedskinHater
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Sorry 'bout that...told the wife if she didn't like it she could get the hell out too. She did, spent the night at the Mother In Laws. I did apologize to my wife (11 yrs & 3 kids later all is fine), but never to the twin. We just let it go, & it's never been brought up again.

You can never win an argument with a woman ; we argue from logic. They argue from ........... who the **** knows ! Stephen Hawking once said ( paraphrased ) - women are a bigger mystery than black holes. ( No real pun meant here --- ha )

BlueSanta
01-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I dont generally get upset. WhileI was in college in the 90's I remember seeing us lose to the Lions in part to a blown call. Herman Moore caught pass and we tackled him to his knees but he got up and ran with it anyways. The refs never called him down and I was MAD they missed such an obvious call. I think there were some other bad calls that game as well, but that 1 made me blow my top.

The next year or 2 the league began experimenting with extended use of replay reviews. This was 1 of the plays, in a year of a lot of bad calls, that led to this change.

stormin normand
01-17-2012, 08:55 PM
ROTFLMFAO

NYGRealityCheck
01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I got so mad when Sheridan was the D-coordinator and putting Eagles and Cowboys players into the Pro Bowl, i started getting bigger, turning green, and lost the ability to speak in complete sentences...

nygiants92
01-17-2012, 11:52 PM
When the refs blew that fumble call I threw a chair and was non stop curse ranting about how it will come back to screw us.

I was a happy camper by the end of the game though, as we all know.

JJC7301
01-17-2012, 11:56 PM
Probably just scream an obscenity or two.

Giantsin04
01-18-2012, 12:02 AM
It's easy. Giants/Ravens SB, & my wife's twin sister, and another friend of her's, were at my house.

Nice!!! Now this is the type of story that hold my attention.

wolfie
01-18-2012, 12:14 AM
There have been many times I have lost it over the years. I handle it in a very subdude manner. You see..... down in the basement there is this piece of wood. Nothing special, just a piece of 2x6 left over from a project about 10, maybe 15 years ago. Under the workbench I have this big ballpine hammer that weighs about 3 lbs. I take the hammer and beat the crap out of the wood while cursing and screaming until my arms hurts so bad I can hardly lift the hammer. I then put the hammer down and go back upstairs feeling so much better. The wood looks like s%*(, but it's just wood.

Salsa80
01-18-2012, 01:30 AM
When Eli got striped against the Eagles, I yelled f*****g b******t and went to bad, that's probably the worse thing I've done, I threw a plastic fork against the wall this weekend. Haha

ru_gmen55
01-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Yeah I ranted almost non-stop about that call. I shut up after the Eli - Nicks Hail Mary. My brothers (who were also really pissed) were probably ready to throw me out of a window haha. Seriously though, I have never seen such an effed up call before...and against a team like Green Bay, it is annoying to have to battle the refs. It all worked out in the end though. Hopefully the NFL does something to fix the inconsistent officiating that has plagued the league for the past few seasons...

When the refs blew that fumble call I threw a chair and was non stop curse ranting about how it will come back to screw us.

I was a happy camper by the end of the game though, as we all know.

nybeatmaker
01-18-2012, 01:57 AM
OMG the things I have done....The worst was last years game against the Eagles. Actually I'm surprised this isn't everyones worst moment. DeSean Jackson and that freakish clutch run, returning it for a TD.

Let me break it down for yall

1. I was already ridiculously angry that they were coming back
2. I was ridiculously angry when Mike Vick somehow was able to escape so many defenders and run freak runs that put them in the red zone.
3. I was heated when we couldn't recover a onside kick
4. I was steaming when they came back
5. I was ridiculously mad when stupid a** Matt Dodge couldnt kick a ball out of bounds-then to top it off kicks a line drive straight to you know who
6. Do I have to explain how angry I was for the game winning TD by Jackson and on top of that he teased us while going in.

Well I slammed my remote (breaking it into pieces) onto the floor and got into a huge argument with my wife-then I went and bought a bottle of liquor in which I devoured in the matter of minutes. I couldn't get over that for weeks...

harrycarson
01-18-2012, 02:00 AM
After the Panthers loss in the playoffs 23-3 or something like that I went and got drunk and got pulled over. Almost and should have got the DWI but he let me go, years later I got the DWI and have not drank since, been 5 years now.

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
01-18-2012, 08:40 AM

After they lost, I was so mad I started to bring up old ****/grudges , yeah that was bad. Yup, my bimbo ex was laughing when I was mad over the Eagles/Giants playoff game. She kept teasing me and I kept picturing myself strangling her like Homer Simpson. She said "It's just a game" and that sent me into a rage..went off on her, we argued for 30 mins because she cried over stupid shows like The Bachelor, America's Next Best Dance Crew. For a week, she wasn't allowed to even use my TV and well, she's my ex now with good reason.

bLuereverie
01-18-2012, 08:48 AM
Can't recall anything done outrageous since I'm fairly good at finding other outlets to blow off steam.

I did however take up boxing in 2002/2003. That was by far the most negative emotional game for me.

On the other end of the spectrum, I watched Manning to Tyree from the hospital. Definitely perfect timing for that superbowl.

gmen0820
01-18-2012, 09:00 AM
After the Eagle melt down, I went to bed.

fansince69
01-18-2012, 09:03 AM

This reminds me of something similar.....for years as I would watch a game and get upset I would throw beer cans (sometimes empty ,sometimes not at the tv)My wife at the time became worried about the tv...so she bought this little stuffed Giant troll doll for me...for several years that doll sat next to me whenever the giants played and became the object i would hurl at the tv....it satisfied my anger but kept tv safe

The thing I did that reminded me of this post was....back in early 2000s we lost a game to the dolphins(was just an ordinary mid season game)my girlfriend who was new in my life could not understand why I was getting so upset over just a game.....she kept on and on....eventually I became so mad I threw a potato at her and it smashed against the refrigerator.....from that point on she never came near me during a game.........Btw I must be getting mellow in my old age,cause as upset as I get these days I seldom throw things at anyone or the tv...

Just as an afterthought....I never watch a game anyone except my son these days cause watching with anyone that isn't a true Giant fan drives me nuts.I have watched one Superbowl with friends ...you guessed it ...the Ravens game....Never again

Kruunch
01-18-2012, 09:14 AM
I got so mad after the '88 season I shaved my neighbors dog.

(he was a Jets fan)

WORLDCHAMPS
01-18-2012, 09:23 AM
OK ...good topic...fun. In 07-08 during the epic superbowl against the Pats, after Randy Moss scored the go ahead TD, i took the football i was holding and spiked it in disgust at my bay window....shattering it into a billion pieces.....man was i PO'd .....Only to watch tyrees catch, and plaxicos fade to get the W. It cost 600 bucks to replace the window and i had to explain to my landlord that i was extremely wasted, and the moment got the best of me. He WAS however a Giants fan so he understood....I have learned since...NEVER ...EVER EVA EVERRRRR...count the giants out....and that anderson windows are quite pricy.

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 11:33 AM
2002 playoff game in SF ... i watched it with my sister (very, very casual 49ers fans) and my brother-in-law (Dallas, Tampa Bay and Jets fan) ... I know, but still can be a loud mouth and hates the Giants

so game is going well, altho Shockey drops TD, then we miss the 1st of 2 FGs ... anyway, they are both like ... oh this game is over, why are you rooting so hard, it's over, they won ... so i'm like it's not over ... they stop watching for awhile, then all of a sudden the comeback starts and now they are all of a sudden into it

so here i am a total wreck with these casual, not caring, don't even know the players on the 49ers bandwagon cheerers ... we didn't talk for awhile after that!!!

TuckYou
01-18-2012, 11:38 AM
Trey Junkin and the snap... Threw a remote at the screen, and a beer into the street.

lttaylor56
01-18-2012, 11:41 AM
I was so upset after the Seahawks loss where Feeley missed those field goals. Let's just say the next day I went out and bought a new TV and a new coffee table. It's cool though because I needed a new TV anyway.lmao

UFGiantFan
01-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Great thread... I have to admit, I've always been completely irrational during games. I scream for flags that should be called and cry conspiracy when things don't go the Giants way, but if I had to choose the one moment that bothers me most...it's definitely the Jessie Armstead pick 6 during Super Bowl XXV that was called back on a terrible penalty. I am forever convinced that that play lost the Giants the Super Bowl.

I was so disturbed from this game, it's the only one I actually never finished watching. I was definitely a terrible person to be around for at least a few weeks. Apologies to my ex, if she happens to be perusing these boards (no chance in hell, but you never know).

giantyankee1976
01-18-2012, 08:19 PM

(he was a Jets fan)

LOL

poor Sparky

derekunion28
01-18-2012, 09:23 PM
burnt knees wearing shorts jumping off chair.....and holes in celing basement from cheering and giving ceiling high five... and thoise are good plays

Giants892
01-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Mine came this year after the Eagles beat us, I was watching the game with my family. I was really mad, and my family always joked about me throwing things when I got mad at the Giants so I 'tossed' my phone in the general direction of the TV. Well.....I put a little more umph on it then I wanted to and it hit the TV and cracked it. We had a huge blue and red line going every which way. Worst thing ever. My Dad had me buy a new TV so I ended up being out several hundred bucks lol. </P>

GOBIGBLUE52
01-18-2012, 11:46 PM

(he was a Jets fan)

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

I haven't thrown anything after a bad loss, mostly because I'm a college kid that watches most of the games at his parents' house now and every game when I was in school, therefore I'm afraid of putting a hole in the wall. Only cried over two games, SB XXXV (I was young) and the San Francisco playoff game in 2002.

Last year though with the DeSean Jackson game I was yelling nothing but curse words for about 5 minutes straight (I was home by myself).

look@dafilm
01-19-2012, 12:21 AM
I got so mad after the Vikings/Niners game in '09 that I put a hole in the wall. Not a fun day.

RedskinHater
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
I have a solution to those of us with a temper. It might save us some property and money.
When my sons were young I bought them one of those " Bop Bags " ; at least that's what I called them. They were those plastic- weighted at the bottom- blow up " dolls". You knocked them around and they always ( hopefully ) came back up. I would have my sons attack them when they were on the verge of some kind of tantrum.
Think I will get one PRIOR to the SF game. Maybe it will save me another vacuum.[;)]

CLR
01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
I don't know if this qualifies, but it is my best moment.
Go back in time to the Superbowl against the Bills, I'm sitting in the rimrock Bar in Pocatello Id, with a bunch of Bills bandwagon fans. I had had a few shots and several Beers. There was one friend that had been giving me crap all season long and was especially bad during the game.
When Norwood missed wide right I jumped onto the bar and punted his full mug of beer across the bar.
Ya that didn't end well. Needless to say I wasn't allowed back into that Bar ever again.

PhilaGiant83
01-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Upsets?

2000 vs Baltimore which was sheer humiliation
2002 vs the Niners
2006 OT vs the Eagles(Remember Plax caught that TD To send us into OT? Yeah that was amazing but we coughed up a chance to beat them)
2008 vs the Eagles in the Divisional Round. I had a mirage of texts, phone calls, and stupid Eagles fans blowing up my cell
2010 Miracle at "MetLife" that made me hate life for a while.

chuckedafter5yards
01-19-2012, 09:18 PM
For me it's a tie, the loss to the 49ers in 2003 - Seubert being held, losing becuase of a flawed long-snapper- ouch.

The loss to the Vikings in the playoffs, was it 97-98? The defense started to argue and yell at each other on the field, then the Vikings came back and won. Bad enough to lose but that was plain embarssing.

itdiestoday
01-19-2012, 10:15 PM
i slammed a full glass of beer against my wall after a holding call in the 1st quarter of last year's eagirls debacle. lets just say when the fourth quarter came things didnt go so well. im also very certain that RCA universal remotes are in business because of me. yeah its not something im proud of but i cant help it either.

itdiestoday
01-19-2012, 10:19 PM
ohh and i messed up my directv remote after that non-fumble call last week. i guess its the remotes fault because it kept showing me bad things on my tv.

nycisgreat
01-19-2012, 10:37 PM
I threw my Eli Manning jersey in the trash After the 2008 playoff game.