PDA

View Full Version : Hello NYGMB Fam!

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Hello all! Just wanted to give a quick introduction of myself before I started posting in the other threads.

I am a native of Albany, GA which, believe it or not, has a good number of people who have moved from the NJ/NY area so the Giants get pretty good support down here. I'm 20 years old and only really began watching the NFL during the '06 season. I started off as a huge fan of LaDainian Tomlinson, but not the Chargers. Needless to say, I learned of the 'real' L.T. and the team he played for and ever since then, it's been all NYG!

...So that's just a short story of where I'm from and how I came to be a Giants fan. I would also like to add that I've been lurking these boards for the better part of about a year now. I look forward to talking football with you guys (and gals ;) and finishing this 'Revenge Tour' these Giants are on, hopefully ending with a win over the Ravens in the SB!

ALL IN!!!

Pakman
01-17-2012, 06:02 PM
What's good motha ****er!! J.k lol

Welcome aboard bro.

dan1552
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Hello all! Just wanted to give a quick introduction of myself before I started posting in the other threads.

I am a native of Albany, GA which, believe it or not, has a good number of people who have moved from the NJ/NY area so the Giants get pretty good support down here. I'm 20 years old and only really began watching the NFL during the '06 season. I started off as a huge fan of LaDainian Tomlinson, but not the Chargers. Needless to say, I learned of the 'real' L.T. and the team he played for and ever since then, it's been all NYG!

...So that's just a short story of where I'm from and how I came to be a Giants fan. I would also like to add that I've been lurking these boards for the better part of about a year now. I look forward to talking football with you guys (and gals ;) and finishing this 'Revenge Tour' these Giants are on, hopefully ending with a win over the Ravens in the SB!

ALL IN!!!

would you say your more a GIANTS fan or Bulldogs?

BigBlue D
01-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Nice man, welcome to the boards.

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 06:18 PM

ALL IN!!!

definitely Giants. Bulldogs haven't really won anything since '05...

GMENAGAIN
01-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome!

derekunion28
01-17-2012, 06:21 PM
welcome

dan1552
01-17-2012, 06:22 PM

ALL IN!!!

Welcome , Im living in Ga for the time being as well, Tough to be a GMEN fan down here. GO US!!!

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 06:27 PM

ALL IN!!!

Welcome , Im living in Ga for the time being as well, Tough to be a GMEN fan down here. GO US!!!

yea, i understand whole-heartedly. are there more yellow jacket or dawg fans there in ft. stewart?

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 06:32 PM
welcome, LOL about Albany,GA having lots of NY people. I guess they wanted to feel as close to NY as possible, ie. Albany, NY

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 06:36 PM
welcome, LOL about Albany,GA having lots of NY people. I guess they wanted to feel as close to NY as possible, ie. Albany, NY

lol, exactly what I'm thinking.

this isn't exactly a big city so a place like Atlanta would seem more ideal to a New Yorker to me...but then again what do I know, I've only been to Trenton, NJ once

XxBigWhitxX
01-17-2012, 06:37 PM

ALL IN!!!Hello there fellow Georgia Giant!! welcome to the boards!

JMGGIANTS
01-17-2012, 06:53 PM

lol, exactly what I'm thinking.

this isn't exactly a big city so a place like Atlanta would seem more ideal to a New Yorker to me...but then again what do I know, I've only been to Trenton, NJ once
I know..I have been to Albany GA before. I used to travel to Southeast Terminals (now Kinder Morgan). They had locations in Atlanta, Americus, Griffin, Macon, Albany. Rome. I got the grand tour of GA because I drove the whole trip.

SweetZombieJesus
01-17-2012, 07:17 PM

There will be times, for any team, when your loyalty will be tested. Nobody wins forever.

The Giants had a championship gap of 17 years between 1990 and 2007. They didn't even make the playoffs from 1964-1980.

Then there are times like now, when immortal glory is up for grabs in the next 3 weeks, that makes it all worth it. When they won in 2007, every bad moment from 1990-2007 came rushing back and got washed away.

Well, now they have some new bad moments since 2007 I'm hoping they wash away.

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM

There will be times, for any team, when your loyalty will be tested.* Nobody wins forever.

The Giants had a championship gap of 17 years between 1990 and 2007.* They didn't even make the playoffs from 1964-1980.*

Then there are times like now, when immortal glory is up for grabs in the next 3 weeks, that makes it all worth it.* When they won in 2007, every bad moment from 1990-2007 came rushing back and got washed away.

You're absolutely right on all accounts.

G-Dawg92
01-17-2012, 07:53 PM

There will be times, for any team, when your loyalty will be tested.* Nobody wins forever.

The Giants had a championship gap of 17 years between 1990 and 2007.* They didn't even make the playoffs from 1964-1980.*

Then there are times like now, when immortal glory is up for grabs in the next 3 weeks, that makes it all worth it.* When they won in 2007, every bad moment from 1990-2007 came rushing back and got washed away.

Sorry, double post.